PDA

View Full Version : Pendulum a way of Spirit Communication?

Serenifly
30-08-2014, 04:49 AM
Please bare with me, I'm so new at all this!

I had an awakening recently, and through meditation yesterday something 'told' me to hold up my necklace which has a Blue Tourmaline stone on the end.

The thing started swinging! imagine my absolute excitement, I started asking it questions, as if it's my guide. I talk to my guide often, though I've never heard back yet. I asked if it was him, it swung harder, i asked a few questions and got responses. I was so elated!

today I tried again, and asked it to swing it in the other direction and it did! I had a great session.

I started googling "Blue Tourmaline swinging" etc and to make a long story short, came across 'pendulum' and now i know thats what i have haha.

So my question is, could it have been my guide communicating with me? I had no doubt earlier, but since researching 'pendulum' further I keep hearing 'pendulum to connect with your higher self'

Can guides, and spirits communicate to us through these pendulums?

any tips for a new user ?

Thanks!

jusmail
30-08-2014, 10:19 AM
First you have to practice by connecting to your higher self. Once you are very comfortable, you may connect to your guide. Being connected to your higher self is good enough for most cases though. Also clear your pendulum before you dedicate it to this practice.

Serenifly
30-08-2014, 02:13 PM
How do you clear your pendulum? (sorry i could google, but since I have your eyes :))

FruitLoop
31-08-2014, 11:06 AM
It means to cleanse it. Running water / salt water / sage smudging / place in the earth / singing bowls / bells or clear sound / focused positive intent / salt / rice are all methods to cleanse.

Recharge by imagining white light, placing on a dedicated recharging crystal or placing in the sun or moonlight. Burying in the earth cleanses and re-charges, but mark well and check the crystal is suitable for burying.

Keep it with you for a while to attune it to your own frequency. If you want to, state your intention with regards to how you want to use the crystal.

I ask that I only connect to my higher self. I'm not ready for spirit and to be fair, I mostly use my pendulum to dowse for a suitable crystal.

Keep your mind clear when using pendulums and only use them for good. Ask your pendulum for a 'Yes' and a 'No' swing and a 'This is not appropriate' movement. My yes is a forward and backward swing, no is a circular swing, if the question is inappropriate the pendulum stops and vibrates. Sometimes it vibrates if I haven't phrased a question very well, in which case I simply ask 'Did I phrase this badly' - if I get a yes swing I rephrase, if I get a no swing I don't ask again.

Serenifly
01-09-2014, 02:46 AM
It means to cleanse it. Running water / salt water / sage smudging / place in the earth / singing bowls / bells or clear sound / focused positive intent / salt / rice are all methods to cleanse.

Recharge by imagining white light, placing on a dedicated recharging crystal or placing in the sun or moonlight. Burying in the earth cleanses and re-charges, but mark well and check the crystal is suitable for burying.

Keep it with you for a while to attune it to your own frequency. If you want to, state your intention with regards to how you want to use the crystal.

I ask that I only connect to my higher self. I'm not ready for spirit and to be fair, I mostly use my pendulum to dowse for a suitable crystal.

Keep your mind clear when using pendulums and only use them for good. Ask your pendulum for a 'Yes' and a 'No' swing and a 'This is not appropriate' movement. My yes is a forward and backward swing, no is a circular swing, if the question is inappropriate the pendulum stops and vibrates. Sometimes it vibrates if I haven't phrased a question very well, in which case I simply ask 'Did I phrase this badly' - if I get a yes swing I rephrase, if I get a no swing I don't ask again.

oh i see this now! thanks Fruitloop! :angel4:

Vaughn
02-09-2014, 09:37 PM
JusMail is absolutely correct all you need is connect with Higher Self.

Do a protection chant to avoid malevolent spirits.

Also, don't get too dependent on your pendant.

:angel4:

Serenifly
02-09-2014, 09:48 PM
JusMail is absolutely correct all you need is connect with Higher Self.

Do a protection chant to avoid malevolent spirits.

Also, don't get too dependent on your pendant.

:angel4:

would a dependancy on my pendulum stunt my spiritual growth?

Just curious as to why you said that. :) Thanks for clarification.

FruitLoop
03-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Easy to get carried away and ask your pendulum for answers to too many of your questions!

Don't use it to decide between 2 options for lunch, to ask questions about other people (without their permission) or for the type of questioning where you could use common sense to reach the answer! Also, don't ask too far into the future - the future can change :smile:

Serenifly
03-09-2014, 09:06 PM
OK that is good to know, thanks Fruitloop, I think because I have just discovered it, i'm all over it, maybe i'll slow it down a bit :)

Manifesting29/11
03-09-2014, 10:26 PM
The answer to your question is yes. I strongly recommend a heartfelt prayer before dowsing with a pendulum. You may want to explore using a pendulum with a chart. This allows for very specific answers not simply yes/no answers.

talking crow
02-11-2014, 08:43 PM
I suppose I most often use my pendulum to connect with my "higher self" but u have also used it to communicate with my guide and with other spirits. Those were special circumstances, but I think it can be used that way.

Phoenix Rising
29-12-2014, 10:51 PM
I have picked up an entity/spirit that refuses to let go of my pendulum. The minute I pick it up, it is already spinning no to the question in my head I wonder if it is still there. I have tried every method of cleansing including leaving it over night in Holy water. Any advice?

Anna Sayce
02-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Sundancer - I recommend using the following affirmation before you dowse:

"I close off my aura to all but my higher self, and those beings of the highest vibration who are with me at the choice of my soul."

You can also repeat it for a set number of mins per day to impress it upon your subconscious mind. It allows you to stay in contact with your guides, angels, higher self, teachers, masters, etc, but keeps the random spirits/entities from coming in.

talking crow
17-01-2015, 05:03 AM
Sundancer, have you cleansed yourself as well as the pendulum? It sounds more like some energy is hanging around you, and I would worry less about the actual pendulum, and more about the energy you are putting out or the energy that is attaching itself to you. Just my take, based on your last comment. Try cleansing yourself, your space, and get grounded. Take some deep calming breaths, and try again. That's my 2 cents. :)

Tim Lewis
17-01-2015, 06:55 PM
would a dependancy on my pendulum stunt my spiritual growth?

It is best to not become too dependent on a pendulum. There is a feeling that you feel when the answer is given to indicate no and one you feel when the pendulum indicates yes. Work with the feeling more and more and you might need the pendulum less and less.