PDA

View Full Version : Strange House

Xenophilia
08-07-2014, 02:03 AM
So when I was a kid of about 7 or 8 my mom and I used to go on daily walks through the town. One time when we walked through a wooded area behind the mall I saw a small cottage. It was pretty run down, but there was smoke coming out of the chimney as if someone lived there. I can't identify the smell that came with it, but it was very repulsive. Every time we walked through there after that day it was gone. Like it never existed. I always assumed that it had been torn down.

Fast forward about 10 years. A former friend and I were taking the same walk, and I smelled that horrid smell again. It was strong enough to make me vomit and I felt compelled to look into the woods. At the same spot was that same cottage. Smoke coming out of the chimney and I stopped my friend and asked if she could see it. She told me she had no idea what I was talking about. I suddenly felt compelled to run to the cottage and go inside. My friend had to physically pull me away and out of the woods.

I never saw it again. Anytime I went past that area, whether walking or driving, or biking, it was never there.

Anyone know anything about this?

desert rat
09-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Sounds like a ghost cottage . I dont think I have seen any thing like this , but I have heard of others seeing things like this . There are stories of pilots landing at remote air strips that look very old that are not on there map and cant find them later .

sea-dove
09-07-2014, 12:15 PM
That's creepy esp your desire to go running towards something you'd thought was unpleasant.

Maybe there is some kind of interdimensional vortex or hole in that place. Take care. Ive heard some strange stories about stuff like that, including people who have found themselves out of our time due to going into one.

desert rat
10-07-2014, 01:05 PM
As I read this post I thought back to the old twlight zone show . Two kids went to the bottom of a swimming pool and ended up in a pool next to a house in the woods .

Tobi
11-07-2014, 11:15 PM
When I was a child, I had a similar experience. Only the experience was shared by my father! My father was a very down-to-earth man, who didn't believe in anything even slightly 'woo-woo'.
This is what happened... We took a walk one day to a place we often went -an old disused and now torn-up railway track, which had been used in the 19th century to transport coal from an open-cast mine nearby. The mine had closed down in the early 20th century.
Next to the track was a lovely woods, I and the other children played in almost every day.
As I say, we went there frequently, going up the slight ridge where the old railway track used to be, and then into the woods.
On that day, I was with my father, and we decided to go in a different direction, and investigate further down the track, instead of going straight to the woods. Down this track, we discovered brambles and hedges of overgrown bushes, then suddenly there was a lower area of hedge, and a garden was clearly visible. It was a beautiful huge garden, with mown lawn, and in the middle of this lawn was a carved stone (statue or bird-bath...I can't quite remember what) probably about 4ft or so high on a plinth.
All around the garden were mature trees in full leaf. There were flowers everywhere. I really liked this place, and thought I would go back there one day.
Another day came, not long after that, when my father asked me would I like to go for a walk? I suggested going to see 'that beautiful garden', and told him where, and he remembered, and agreed -and so we went.
And when we got there....beyond the tangle of brambles and branches ....there was no garden! There was, instead a muddy churned-up looking bit of field where some pigs were snuffling the ground.
I couldn't understand it, and we searched and searched for the garden, eventually giving up. I continued to look for it, wondering if I had mistaken the exact low place in the hedge, and investigated the whole track back and forth. Nothing.

Kamila
12-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Very cool stories thank you for sharing guys :book1: :happy1:

Xenophilia
12-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Oh wow Tobi, that's an awesome experience. Thank oyu everyone for your stories and input :)

It's not an area I get to frequent anymore as I've moved states but I'll admit having a lingering want to go there.

Tobi
12-07-2014, 09:09 PM
I wonder if these kinds of things happen at energy portals or vortices, and we get a glimpse of another (equally real!) reality...whether that be on the astral, or a glimpse of something on another time-zone...?

Your story about the house definitely did have a creepy feeling! I wouldn't want to go back there myself! :icon_eek:

Xenophilia
15-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Like I said I don't live there anymore so I'm not in any immediate danger. Though I suppose I'll have to watch out when I go back for my wedding next year. lol