PDA

View Full Version : The sky made me laugh

Empyrean
20-06-2014, 05:13 PM
I have been lucky enough to experience heartbreak recently, to find out the beauty of this world with such a dark contrast.

Sometimes I look and remember that the sky is still just as amazing as ever, and I think - even better than before.

I smile at it, enjoy my space and stop thinking.

Today though, I was in a bit of a rant - expelling resentments from myself and an hour or so later, still stewing in my own poison - I saw the sky, and remembered how little my negativity really is. it's just a tiny dot in a single body with all of that beautiful space around me. But it was even less worded than this in my head, just the sense of an appreciation for it and happiness that it was still there.

It made me laugh a little to myself, feeling ironic and like a kid who'd got upset over something that turns out to be exactly what he actually wanted.

Sharing the smiles
Love xxx

howl hej
20-06-2014, 05:41 PM
beautifully said :D and such a great post to read to start off my day, thank you

p,s sending you good vibes

Empyrean
20-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Positive vibes back to you times infinity :D

smattering
20-06-2014, 05:48 PM
This happens to me, too from time to time! I get caught up in some kind of emotional turmoil, thinking that it's the end of the world, then something will catch my attention, like a singing bird, or a cool breeze and I remember the impermanence of life.

It makes it a whole lot easier when I remember that everything changes, for better or for worse!

Empyrean
20-06-2014, 05:56 PM
This happens to me, too from time to time! I get caught up in some kind of emotional turmoil, thinking that it's the end of the world, then something will catch my attention, like a singing bird, or a cool breeze and I remember the impermanence of life.

It makes it a whole lot easier when I remember that everything changes, for better or for worse!

For me it is knowing that my suffering is limited to myself, and no one else can feel it, and the world is not crying with me. Then I feel like I was crying indoors without anyone to listen to me, or anyone who can change it, and noticed my friends playing a game outside - and in a shot, I'm outside playing the game with them. :D