PDA

View Full Version : Why cant the dead come back to life?

paper100
26-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Hi all

I would like to ask what may seem to be a rather simple question.

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

mac
26-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi all

From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life. If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?

If an individual has died, then they can't come back to life. If someone appears to have 'returned from the dead' then that individual wasn't dead in the first place. :wink:

No matter how many convincing stories about so-called NDE's you may read, apparent near-death is not the same as actual death - makes total sense if you think about it. And that assumes that the situation was accurately diagnosed and honestly reported. It's a sad fact that anecdotes frequently get embellished...reports can easily be changed by someone preferring fantasy over reality.

These forum boards have many such instances.

psychoslice
26-11-2010, 08:17 AM
I don't know, maybe these story are not really true, or there could be more to the story than what we are told. ?.

Chrysaetos
26-11-2010, 08:29 AM
From some of the Near Death Experiences I have read, it seems that some people were well and truly dead for a few days, yet they returned to life.That's not possible, you're either dead or alive. You can't be dead for days and return to your body. Obviously the body was still functioning but the person wasn't aware of it.
If they can return to life, and if it is true that spirit gives lifeless matter life, why cant we see many people coming back to life after they had died?Good questions. You could say these people do get back (reincarnation).

What about zombification? Or necromancy? :icon_eek:

ROM
26-11-2010, 09:29 AM
I think because their spirits had not detached themselves from their earthly garb (body). Until our 'silver chord' has been severed, we are still connected with our bodies.

mac
26-11-2010, 09:45 AM
I think because their spirits had not detached themselves from their earthly garb (body). Until our 'silver chord' has been severed, we are still connected with our bodies.

bang on right! :smile:

I refrained from offering this explanation myself because not everyone is open to such ideas...:wink:

deepsea
26-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Once death takes place,that's it.
No coming back unless, as has been said the silver cord breaks.
NDE's are the nearest forms of death.

Deepsea

psychoslice
26-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Why would the so called dead want to come back ?, when the reality is that there was no one to die, if you want to come back well a nice brand new body would be better, not a half decaying used body, stinky stinky lol.

NightSpirit
26-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi all

Why would they want to?

mac
26-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Why would they want to?

Why wouldn't they just as easily....?

But who claimed they did want to?

And who knows if there is any choice anyway?:wink:

NightSpirit
26-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Why wouldn't they just as easily....?

But who claimed they did want to?

And who knows if there is any choice anyway?:wink:

why wouldn't they want to?...well, I for one believes that this life is way minimal compared to returning to the Oneness...not as me but as vibration.

And yes, we have no clue if we have choice but really, if we did, would you come back? I wouldn't.

ROM
26-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Well I think it depends on the person. If someone is still attached to earthly things they may not want to accept their fates and are thus forced back into their bodies. Others might still have work to do on earth. The reasons are myriad but I think everyone is given the choice to leave their bodies or stay

Skye
26-11-2010, 10:58 AM
When it's time for the soul to return home, it will depart from the physical body regardless of whether we want to stay here or not. Death is nothing to fear, it's where life truly starts imo.

Falling Star
26-11-2010, 11:22 AM
I agree with Skye, i believe that when our physical body dies then we return to our true home of spirit. Mission accomplished.

Lostgirl
26-11-2010, 11:54 AM
People can come back to life after being dead....not possible...medically, unless they have been hooked up to machines that have been keeping them alive....

Also dying and then coming back kinda defeats the point doesnt it?!

SandybytheSea
26-11-2010, 12:16 PM
OK, first of all we need to establish WHAT is death.

If we're talking from a spiritual point of view, then yes, death is the point at which the cord separates from the body, and after that, there is NO coming back. (Except in a new body, but that's another subject entirely!)

If we're talking from a medical point of view, death is when there is no heart beat (and hence no pulse) and no brain activity. Flat-lining, in other words. Science has always recognised this (rightly or wrongly) as death, because no oxygen is getting to the brain. And when no oxygen reaches the brain, science declares that there can be no consciousness. (Little did they know, until nde's became a popular field of research, that many people who flat-lined could later actually relate everything that went on while they were apparently "dead", not because they could see and hear through their physical eyes and ears, but during an out of body experience.)

The other thing we need to address here is that NO one has ever been dead for "a couple of days" and come back to life. Unless you believe every word in the bible. NDE'ers have been "dead" for anything up to 40 minutes, but it's rare to be revived and functioning after a person has been dead for a few minutes. After more than 10 minutes of flat-lining, it's presumed (and often correctly) that the lack of oxygen to the brain will result in physical or mental disability on revival. However, that's not always been so, and there have been cases of people dead for more than 30 minutes who have been revived and have returned to a normal life.

And one more thing ... almost everyone (with VERY few exceptions) who have had a near death experience have NOT wanted to return. Yes, they often have a choice, although sometimes they don't, but those who have been offered the choice have invariably returned only because they have children or responsibilities they feel they must address, and have returned reluctantly. There are thousands of cases of near death experiences where people have subsequently reported their reluctance to come back. And in every case of nde, the person is changed forever, not fearing and actually looking forward to returning to the other side, but recognising that they had returned for a reason and needed to fulfil their obligations or destiny before they could return.

Lostgirl
26-11-2010, 12:22 PM
How do you know they havent wanted to come back?!

Adrienne
26-11-2010, 01:22 PM

if they have already left, this may be one of those questions you won't ever know the answer to ~

and just because someone wants something, doesn't mean that it will happen

you can still communicate with them on Other Side, I know, not the same as them being here, but better than nothing at all

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Lostgirl
26-11-2010, 01:24 PM
I dunno, im a nurse and i think alot of the people who die young would want to come back.

Adrienne
26-11-2010, 01:32 PM
there is this theory that when young people die, they are old souls and weren't meant to linger long on this earth.... just something I have heard

there are also probably some older people who die, who would also like to come back, and stay longer with ones they love or perhaps they didn't get a chance to do something they wanted to do.....

so many questions, so few answers

Dream Angel xx

Lostgirl
26-11-2010, 01:34 PM
I comepletely agree with you about older people passing, i just thought when someone said that when people die most dont want to come back it was an odd thing to say :)

Like you say lots of questions few answers

Adrienne
26-11-2010, 01:45 PM
oh, as for being an odd thing to say .... yes, I will agree with you on that

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Tricia
26-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Hi all

Because with ND the cord, what's know as the silver cord, is not broken. It's only when it is, that actual death/passing on has taken place :)

LightFilledHeart
26-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi all

It's my understanding that we leave this life when we are done with what we came here to accomplish... not a moment before and not a moment after! If people experience NDE's and come back to life, it's because that experience (the NDE) was part of what they were supposed to experience in order to learn and grow, but because it was not yet their time to leave this world to take up residency in the spiritual realms until and unless they chose reincarnation and enter in again, they were returned to the earthly body they inhabited here until it IS their time to leave. The spirit animates the flesh, not visa/versa, so re-entry of the spirit into the body vehicle brings it back to life. I personally have never heard of anyone being clinically dead for days and coming back. My good friend Dannion Brinkley was pronounced dead for some 35 minutes before he was sent back and slam-dunked into his body again, but even that length of time is considered miraculous, because normally there will be brain damage when the brain goes without oxygen for that length of time. I know of no one who has ever come back to life from a body that had actually expired (remember there are some conditions that mimic death and which require a high state of medical expertise/technology to recognize!) and remained in that state of death for days. Where are you getting your facts on that? I assume this is documented.

ROM
27-11-2010, 12:21 AM
I remember reading somewhere on the internet about a guy who was 'dead' for 2 days and came back to life. Interesting -- but there must be a cut off point in which you can't return if the body reaches a certain stage of decay etc.

whispers
27-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Because with ND the cord, what's know as the silver cord, is not broken. It's only when it is, that actual death/passing on has taken place :)

This is new to me.....need to know more!:confused:

SandybytheSea
27-11-2010, 11:26 AM

Because, as I said .... almost everyone (with VERY few exceptions) who have had a near death experience have NOT wanted to return.

An NDE means a NearDeathExperience. These are people who DO return. There have been hundreds of thousands of cases, and we know about them due to the meticulous research done by people like Raymond Moody, Elisabeth Kubler Ross and Dr. Melvyn Morse, among others.

Death is not the end of life, it is a return home. There is an expression that "when we are born the angels weep, and when we die the angels rejoice." We don't incarnate into physical for a vacation or for fun, but to work. Sure, we might have fun while we're here, just as you might have had fun at school sometimes, but your main objective when you went to school was to work. Most people wouldn't want to return to school once they left, and that's how we feel when we leave the physical - thank goodness that's over with and I can be free again without being weighed down by a physical body and all the traumas and worries of life in the physical realms.

I think the problem is that many people get the whole living/dying thing back to front. Believing that life is all there is, they feel sorry for those who die because they see it as the end of life. But we are not physical beings having a spiritual experience now and then .... we are SPIRITUAL beings having a PHYSICAL experience now and then.

To Whispers: the cord is the etheric equivalent of the umbilical cord we have attached when we're born, The silver cord attaches us to the earth. Most people can't see it (although some can!) but once that cord is severed, so is our life on earth. There aint no going back then!

glenos
27-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Sandy.. that sums it up ;0)

G

Tricia
27-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Because, as I said .... almost everyone (with VERY few exceptions) who have had a near death experience have NOT wanted to return.

An NDE means a NearDeathExperience. These are people who DO return. There have been hundreds of thousands of cases, and we know about them due to the meticulous research done by people like Raymond Moody, Elisabeth Kubler Ross and Dr. Melvyn Morse, among others.

Death is not the end of life, it is a return home. There is an expression that "when we are born the angels weep, and when we die the angels rejoice." We don't incarnate into physical for a vacation or for fun, but to work. Sure, we might have fun while we're here, just as you might have had fun at school sometimes, but your main objective when you went to school was to work. Most people wouldn't want to return to school once they left, and that's how we feel when we leave the physical - thank goodness that's over with and I can be free again without being weighed down by a physical body and all the traumas and worries of life in the physical realms.

I think the problem is that many people get the whole living/dying thing back to front. Believing that life is all there is, they feel sorry for those who die because they see it as the end of life. But we are not physical beings having a spiritual experience now and then .... we are SPIRITUAL beings having a PHYSICAL experience now and then.

To Whispers: the cord is the etheric equivalent of the umbilical cord we have attached when we're born, The silver cord attaches us to the earth. Most people can't see it (although some can!) but once that cord is severed, so is our life on earth. There aint no going back then!

Well explained Sandy :smile:

Lostgirl
27-11-2010, 07:41 PM

Ahh i think i took what you said slightly too literally.

I feel sorry for those who die mainly because alot of the time death isnt a pleasant experience. I think many people would want a nice peaceful death when they fall asleep and they just dont wake up, however alot of the time its not like that.

I just cant understand why someone wouldnt want to come back - obviously if they had a bad physical life or they were ready to die i see why they wouldnt want too but otherwise i dont understand why people wouldnt want to. Ive met lots of people who have had a NDE and all have said how glad they are to be alive.

Spiritlite
27-11-2010, 10:25 PM
well for one thing some people are tired of living in this world so they know it's their time and so they don't come back. For another thing sometimes the body is too old or mutilated or sick to come back so they don't. My grandmother died and came back and she didn't want to come back but God told her she had to as she had to look after her child....she told me she didn't want to come back but God made her and said it wasn't her time. If it's your soul's time to leave the earth then it's your time to leave the earth.
Spiritlite.

SandybytheSea
28-11-2010, 01:49 AM
Ive met lots of people who have had a NDE and all have said how glad they are to be alive.

Glad to be alive. Yes. Most people - if they don't have to return to a traumatised body - come back saying they're glad to be alive. But being glad to be alive, and wanting to stay on the other side, are 2 different things entirely. NDE'ers have absolutely no fear of death, actually look forward to it, but they also understand that they returned for a reason and must accomplish their mission before they get to go "home" again. They're glad to be alive because they now see things much clearer, they appreciate things they never noticed before, they gain more wisdom, more serenity, recognise that physical life is just an experience they need.

Have you really met "many people who have had an NDE", Lostgirl? You're lucky. Perhaps you work in nursing or hospice. Most who have NDE's don't talk about them (except to very close friends and family, understanding nurses, or professional researchers) because they fear being laughed at. Perhaps your experiences are different for some reason, but I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of NDE'ers have NOT wanted to return, not because they don't love life, but because they discover they love the other side even more. No pain, sickness, restrictions, trauma, or judgement, all of which we face every day of our lives in some form in the physical.

When you say that for some, death isn't a pleasant experience, you're talking about the POINT of death, but did you know that when death is painful the REAL person actually leaves their body prior to passing? Those who have had painful NDE's have reported this time and again, so that even though they appear conscious and in pain, the real person is standing aside watching the process.

But we're not talking about the point of death here, we're talking about where they go and what they experience AFTER that moment. That's where they want to stay, because suddenly life and earth and physical bodies seem a long way away and of very little importance. They even watch their bodies suffering and feel little or no compassion for the person they see, even though it's them, because they feel disconnected from it and all earthly concerns and become aware that their body was just like an old overcoat that passed its use-by date.

Lostgirl, the afterlife is not about floating around on a cloud playing a harp and being serene. It's a busy place, with lots of living and learning to do but without the problems we have here. That's why very few want to return, regardless of their age, because they have seen .... heaven! :wink:

Spiritlite
28-11-2010, 02:19 AM
Yes my grandmoter after her coming back to life, said although heaven was beautiful, full of flowers, and colors we've never seen, and you speak to God and she said the feeling of love is so overwhelming, she is NOT scared of death and when I asked her as a child what death was like she told me "Shelly never be scared of dying, never"
Spiritlite.

paper100
28-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Hi all

Ok, if you read this: http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/45.html

Apparently the incident took place for "7 seven days since his death on Earth", and his body was "filled with maggots".

This sounds amazing, as he was not in his body for 7 days. What do you guys think of this account? Real? Fake?

Also, if there is such a thing as the silver chord and if the silver chord is severed, why can't it be fixed again? What is stopping the silver chord from being reconnected to the body?

mac
28-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi all

Ok, if you read this: http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/45.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .near-death.com%252Fforum%252Fnde%252F000%252F45.html)

Apparently the incident took place for "7 seven days since his death on Earth", and his body was "filled with maggots".

This sounds amazing, as he was not in his body for 7 days. What do you guys think of this account? Real? Fake?

Also, if there is such a thing as the silver chord and if the silver chord is severed, why can't it be fixed again? What is stopping the silver chord from being reconnected to the body?
Whether to go with such accounts is up to you - if they appeal to you then go with 'em. But they're as fake as the guy a few months back who was reported as having had nothing to drink for 40 days or some such thing.... Or the group of nutty individuals a few years back who claimed they had cloned a human baby but couldn't provide any evidence.... You can believe such unsupported claims as much as you want.

To understand the so-called silver cord, however, you have also to understand something about the way our body and its animating spirit work together. The reason that the silver cord can not be repaired is that it's not a physical tether - as an umbilical cord is - but a 'spiritual' one. Both the spirit and its attachment belong to the Etheric dimension and they can not be impacted by physical processes - they don't ever need repair and hence they can't be 'repaired'.

There's no fixing the cord because there's no reason to. Put simply, the severing of the link between spirit and body occurs at the time which is right - at the time that our stay in-the-body is over.

It's the right time for the spirit to withdraw from its physical overcoat and as it does, the silver cord is released. The spirit returns to the dimension that both precedes and follows physical death.

And that's why the dead can't come back to life....:smile:

SandybytheSea
28-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Very well said, Mac. :hug2:

Stormweaver
28-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi all

Ok, if you read this: http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/45.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.near-death.com%2Fforum%2Fnde%2F000%2F45.html)

Hi Paper 100

I have to say I strongly believe that, that story is fake as well.
I just read a few lines and am convinced that its fake without needing to read it all.

_/\_

whiteride
28-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi all

Why do we not see it rain every day?

Lostgirl
28-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Have you really met "many people who have had an NDE", Lostgirl? You're lucky. Perhaps you work in nursing or hospice.

Im a nurse and i wouldnt say meeting these people is lucky! Its hard and its upsetting. Everyone i have met have been greatful to return to their body no matter what they have seen.

Lostgirl, the afterlife is not about floating around on a cloud playing a harp and being serene. It's a busy place, with lots of living and learning to do but without the problems we have here. That's why very few want to return, regardless of their age, because they have seen .... heaven! :wink:

I never said thats what the afterlife was. And thats all well and good as long as the person dying or having the NDE believes this. Everyone has different beliefs, some people think that heaven is sitting on a cloud floating around - and who is to say they are wrong?! Each to their own! And what about the ones who have said it was dark, and there was nothing?! Because i have had a patient who said there was nothing and that scared them so much they were afraid to die.

Im not saying that you are wrong because this comes down to beliefes and everyones beliefes are different - just like i believe something different from you. I am merely saying that the situation is not the same for everyone. Everyone has different beliefs about what the "afterlife" holds. Many people believe in reincarnation. Not everyone will go to the same place as they all have different beliefs. Some people might go to a meadow, others the beach with the calm waves - or whatever their view of heaven is. Others who dont believe in heaven will go to or do whatever their belifes state will happen. If they think its just darkness then maybe there is darkness. Like i said all the people i have met have all been happy to be alive and none have wanted to die because they have just seen heaven. For me i like the idea of reincarnation, reaping what we soe. I dont think we die and go off to some plane..... But like i said, each to their own.

Lostgirl
28-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi all

Ok, if you read this: http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/45.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.near-death.com%2Fforum%2Fnde%2F000%2F45.html)

I read the story and again im sorry i dont believe it. I would love to but medically its impossible! Even if his soul was put back into his body, it wouldnt be able to function if he had actually been dead. I think he was a man in an awful lot of pain and who was unaware of what was going on around.

Spiritlite
28-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry that's not possible at all I feel deeply that the story is fake.
Spiritlite.

innerlight
29-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi all

Ok, if you read this: http://www.near-death.com/forum/nde/000/45.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fredir.php%253Flink %253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.near-death.com%25252Fforum%25252Fnde%25252F000%25252F45 .html)

It's interesting how Christian that story was. They saw a Muslim that accepted Jesus and was thus allowed into heaven. He ate a chocolate bible, and was able to quote it word for word upon return to the world. His lists of miracles were, he prayed and a witch lost their powers. He was in prison and powerful winds destroyed the prison, but not strong enough to harm him.

I would say then if he was dead for 7 days his body would of started to decompose on him, and to return to the body it would still be decomposing. I wouldn't imagine that returning to the body would then stop the decomposing process that was going on within him. As well as it being very painful upon waking as most, if not all, body functions would of stopped.

If there is any truth to this story, I would say it was person that was comotose for 7 days after being gravely injured, and then came out of the coma after 7 days. More than likely had a serious arm wound from the injury he sustained which would of caused the maggots to fester on him from the wounds. You lay on the ground for 7 days with wounds on you, open, you would more than likely have a few flies, and maggots on you as well.

I would also say that if it were possible for a spirit to be able to return to a body then it would also be possible for any spirit to return to a body if it wanted to. So you'd have a whole bunch of souls returning to bodies after passing. As I stated already that since the body would of been decaying, and not working, those spirits wouldn't really want to return to a physical body that was slowly rotting.

Skye
29-11-2010, 03:04 PM
My grandmother died and came back and she didn't want to come back but God told her she had to as she had to look after her child....she told me she didn't want to come back but God made her and said it wasn't her time. If it's your soul's time to leave the earth then it's your time to leave the earth.
Spiritlite.

I can resonate with this.
My brother who has severe health problems, met our father in the spirit world, who told him to 'go back' as it wasn't his time. My brother was non too pleased but he had no other alternative but return.

Lostgirl
29-11-2010, 03:22 PM
I agree with Spritelite. When the soul is ready it will go.

Where it goes though depends on the belief on the individual. What one sould or person believes will not be the same as another. Thats why saying there is a plane/heaven/hell or special place where we all go is in my opinion an unfair thing to say as everyone will believe different things. No matter what you believe it wil differ to what i think in some way. You cannot say that "this is what i believe so this is what happens to everyone" as everyone is different.

mikron
29-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Greetings cheers and happiness and from my experience what happens the Soul is always guiding from above and when the right time is a person passes "There physical senses are removed and a person then has astral senses"
its a very big experience because the physical senses are so dominate! so what happens is a person is given a boast in there consciousness no more life theating experiences and they are one step closer to Soul on the Mental plane! is some thing we all will experience some time or other!

Namaste mikron

I agree with Spritelite. When the soul is ready it will go.

Where it goes though depends on the belief on the individual. What one sould or person believes will not be the same as another. Thats why saying there is a plane/heaven/hell or special place where we all go is in my opinion an unfair thing to say as everyone will believe different things. No matter what you believe it wil differ to what i think in some way. You cannot say that "this is what i believe so this is what happens to everyone" as everyone is different.

Lostgirl
29-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I agree with you to some extent but again that is only your belief so saying that it "is something we all will experience some time or other" is what might happen to you but not to someone else.

mikron
29-11-2010, 11:11 PM
We are all here meaning in the physical world and when a critical situation happens the Soul then decides whether to go back to physical world or not! the part about happening to everyone is like some light workers say they will go some other place else .ie some other planet etc... but they cannot go now so why are they still here so in other words when they pass they will drop the senses then go to some other place!

As I have tried to let you know each time such a critical situation of losing a body the creator give the person a boast in consciousness if they pass and further information I have given in other posts more detailed information about higher concepts of the Antakarana is some real and alive for all here ..its a natural process of evolution have obe to very for yourself

namaste mikron

I agree with you to some extent but again that is only your belief so saying that it "is something we all will experience some time or other" is what might happen to you but not to someone else.

Lostgirl
30-11-2010, 07:52 AM
I see what you mean now. Sorry i was shattered yesturday and had severe brain mush!

It makes sense and i agree when you say "the go to some other place". I quite like that idea as its open to everyones own interpretation depending on their beliefs!

SandybytheSea
30-11-2010, 11:32 AM

Lostgirl, if that was true, how would you explain atheists and sceptics who have nde's and return to say they were now believers because they have seen heaven?

How would you explain the work of Michael Newton? (if you don't know him, he's a psychologist and hypnotherapist and you might want to find out more about him) His many clients describe much the same things yet come from all walks of life, all religions, and don't know each other.

How would you explain the nde's of thousands of children, some very young, who describe things they knew nothing about, had not yet formed a belief system about or even had any knowledge of death, afterlife or religion?

How would you explain the death-bed visions of so many people in the last hours or minutes of their lives who suddenly sit up and appear to see something others can't, and describe fields of yellow daisies, or greet departed loved ones - especially when some of them don't even know that particular loved one has recently died.

Which reminds me of a wonderful (and true) story about the 2nd and 3rd presidents of the U.S. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Both worked closely together to draft the declaration of independence. Both were life-long friends. Both died on the same day, which not only happened to be July 4th, 1826 but was also the 50th anniversary of the signing of the declaration. But what was even more fascinating was that unbeknown to Adams, Jefferson had died a few hours before, but Adams' last words as he lay dying (and transcribed by those around his bed at the time) were "Thomas Jefferson survives!!!"

It would seem Jefferson refused to go without his life-long friend and came to get him so they could go together. Aaawwwwww. :hug:

mac
30-11-2010, 12:11 PM
As amazing and fascinating as NDE accounts are to many people, they are not in themselves evidence of the so-called afterlife.

Sometimes, though, they may be an indicator of it and may then lead on to finding about more about the evidence proper....:wink:

deepsea
30-11-2010, 01:46 PM
As amazing and fascinating as NDE accounts are to many people, they are not in themselves evidence of the so-called afterlife.

Sometimes, though, they may be an indicator of it and may then lead on to finding about more about the evidence proper....:wink:

You may be right,Mac. I think the argument is between the believers and the scientists who say a NDE is caused by a mal function of the brain at death.
Mal function is probably the wrong word to use,but couldn't thnk of any other.
:D
Deepsea

firepixie
30-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I actually just watched a show yesterday about NDEs. There was a scientist on talking about how the consciousness can survive outside the body for periods of time because it is generated at a quantum level in the brain. At these levels, energy cannot be destroyed so when the body cannot function to facilitate the consciousness it actually leaves the body until if/when it can return. He specializes in researching the workings of the brain at quantum levels. It was really interesting because the scientific theory basically describes what I would use the term "collective unconscious" to describe and the microtubules that grow from this fundamental space in the brain. These microtubules and their configuration, he speculated, were what causes each person's perception to be different, but the "space" of energy these grow from he believes is what people call the Soul. They also interviewed a woman who had been blind from birth and had a NDE from a car accident and she was able to see herself, other people and the city and birds, etc, until she returned to her body. I will try to find a link to the show online because I can't remember what channel it was on, but I will post it when I do.

deepsea
30-11-2010, 04:34 PM
I actually just watched a show yesterday about NDEs. There was a scientist on talking about how the consciousness can survive outside the body for periods of time because it is generated at a quantum level in the brain. At these levels, energy cannot be destroyed so when the body cannot function to facilitate the consciousness it actually leaves the body until if/when it can return. He specializes in researching the workings of the brain at quantum levels. It was really interesting because the scientific theory basically describes what I would use the term "collective unconscious" to describe and the microtubules that grow from this fundamental space in the brain. These microtubules and their configuration, he speculated, were what causes each person's perception to be different, but the "space" of energy these grow from he believes is what people call the Soul. They also interviewed a woman who had been blind from birth and had a NDE from a car accident and she was able to see herself, other people and the city and birds, etc, until she returned to her body. I will try to find a link to the show online because I can't remember what channel it was on, but I will post it when I do.

That would be great,Firepixie. I would like to see that.
Thank you.
Deepsea

Lostgirl
30-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Lostgirl, if that was true, how would you explain atheists and sceptics who have nde's and return to say they were now believers because they have seen heaven?

How would you explain the work of Michael Newton? (if you don't know him, he's a psychologist and hypnotherapist and you might want to find out more about him) His many clients describe much the same things yet come from all walks of life, all religions, and don't know each other.

How would you explain the nde's of thousands of children, some very young, who describe things they knew nothing about, had not yet formed a belief system about or even had any knowledge of death, afterlife or religion?

How would you explain the death-bed visions of so many people in the last hours or minutes of their lives who suddenly sit up and appear to see something others can't, and describe fields of yellow daisies, or greet departed loved ones - especially when some of them don't even know that particular loved one has recently died.

Which reminds me of a wonderful (and true) story about the 2nd and 3rd presidents of the U.S. John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Both worked closely together to draft the declaration of independence. Both were life-long friends. Both died on the same day, which not only happened to be July 4th, 1826 but was also the 50th anniversary of the signing of the declaration. But what was even more fascinating was that unbeknown to Adams, Jefferson had died a few hours before, but Adams' last words as he lay dying (and transcribed by those around his bed at the time) were "Thomas Jefferson survives!!!"

It would seem Jefferson refused to go without his life-long friend and came to get him so they could go together. Aaawwwwww. :hug:

Im sorry but i cant see how everyone will go to the same place or see the same things. I dont think there is one big place where everybody goes and you have even admitted this with all you many examples by saying "describe fields of yellow daisies, or greet departed loved ones ". I think the soul will go to where it most wants to go.

In the example of Jefferson and Adams, they were miles and miles apart that day so how would Adams know Jefferson was dead?! The understanding is that Adams believed that Jefferson was still alive and said that statement believeing he could carry on their work.

As for Atheists etc who have had NDE's and have come back and said they have seen something amazing, thats where their soul wants to go in my opinion. I see where you are coming from but i merely putting my opinion across. I think that the soul will go where it wants to go it might be similar to another but i dont think it will ever be exactly the same as no two people are the same. Just because one person believes one thing does not mean that everyone else does.

SandybytheSea
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Lostgirl, we're probably talking about 2 different subjects here - and that might be my fault, perhaps I misunderstood you.

It seemed to me (and I apologise if I was wrong) that you were suggesting that the afterlife was ONLY the result of your belief system, so that if you didn't believe in the afterlife, it didn't exist.

Is there just one BIG place where everyone gathers? Maybe there is. We simply don't know. But whatever and wherever it is, it doesn't need to be a big place - we need to be careful that we don't talk in physical terms when we talk about the afterlife, because space is infinite and once we die, we no longer inhabit a physical body, we are pure energy, and energy requires no physical space. Dimensions can and probably do overlap each other.

As far as our belief systems creating what we find, I tend to think it is more the kind of person we are that determines where we go, and considerable research has been done on this with regression therapists, hypnotherapists, chanellers and psychics, not to mention the work of Edgar Cayce and Leslie Flint. What seems to happen is that those who cause harm and suffering and are not repentant find themselves in a dark place, while those who help others and spread joy find themselves in a lighter, brighter place. Interestingly, it is much the same on earth, sometimes physically and sometimes just mentally, so in effect we create our own heaven right here on earth. As above, so below.

However, once there, it appears that yes, we CAN create our own reality merely by thinking about it. We can think about someone and be there instantly. We can decide we want to be by the sea, or check on our loved ones who are still in the physical dimensions, or create a garden or visit a library and there we are! But thinking and believing are not the same things. Believing that there is no afterlife and that when you die you will simply rot in the ground does not mean that you will not experience an afterlife - many are surprised that their long-held beliefs just didn't measure up once they had their NDE, and this is what changes them on their return because they have to re-evaluate their entire belief system.

I mentioned John Adams and Thomas Jefferson because - as I mentioned in the previous paragraph - many people have deathbed visions of those who have departed, and occasionally it has happened that they haven't even been aware that the one they see has died. Yes, it's possible Adams was referring to Jefferson carrying on his work (highly unlikely, since they were both very old and retired and no longer played any role in politics, but that's beside the point) but I take your point. We will never know what he meant when he said it, but I like to think it was a deathbed vision and his friend came to collect him.

Blessings to you, Lostgirl, because you are a thinker and a seeker, and this planet needs lots more of you. :hug2:

Lostgirl
01-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Blessings to you, Lostgirl, because you are a thinker and a seeker, and this planet needs lots more of you. :hug2:

In regards to the point about our beliefs determine where we go, this is what i believe. No one can prove that we all go to the same place as there is no way you can ask any of them where we go because they have passed on. Although many of the NDE's may be similar in my eyes we go where we want to go. Like i said one of my patients who had a NDE said it was just black, that she wasnt religious in anyway and it was exactly what she thought would happen. It was scary and she didnt want to die. She wasnt a bad person so i disagree with what you said about repenting etc and sort of reaping what you sow in that sense. To me that is just like the idea of heaven and hell - something im not sure on.

I am not going against any of the research and in all honesty i can because i havent read it, but I disagree with it and that is only due to what i believe. Im not saying it is wrong because for all i know it could be right, there will only be one point in my life where i find out whether it is or not and i hope that isnt for a very long time! I hope you can understand where i am coming from?! I am merely offering my views :D

mac
01-12-2010, 01:28 PM
I think I've mentioned before that I find personal belief or personal thoughts and ideas to be poor substitutes for evidence.

When someone starts a piece, or includes the words "I believe...." within it I find that very few of them have any real depth of understanding.

I feel thankful that I don't have to rely on any personal belief in life.

Lostgirl
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Im sorry to say that i do have understanding of my beliefs thank you very much.

I think not having any personal beliefs is kind of miserable.

Like i have said i have met many people who have had NDEs and have not said anything like the things some of the people have said in the "evidence" that has been given so in my eyes it isnt something i would base my descions or beliefs on.

So if you dont mind i would much apprecitate it if you dont tell me that because i use the phrase "i believe" that i have no real depth of understanding about them.

mac
01-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Im sorry to say that i do have understanding of my beliefs thank you very much.

I think not having any personal beliefs is kind of miserable.

Like i have said i have met many people who have had NDEs and have not said anything like the things some of the people have said in the "evidence" that has been given so in my eyes it isnt something i would base my descions or beliefs on.

So if you dont mind i would much apprecitate it if you dont tell me that because i use the phrase "i believe" that i have no real depth of understanding about them.
I didn't say that you had no personal understanding of your beliefs - they are your words. I did not say, as you are suggesting, quote: "....that because i use the phrase "i believe" that i have no real depth of understanding about them"

And until you do not rely on personal beliefs you can't know whether it actually is miserable not to have them - it's just your belief, something you think to be the case....:wink:

Lostgirl
01-12-2010, 01:52 PM
When someone starts a piece, or includes the words "I believe...." within it I find that very few of them have any real depth of understanding.

Those are you words, which to me comes across like you are suggesting that because i used those words i dont have an understanding of them. If that is not what you meant may i suggest you think how you are phrasing things.

I also know that it is my beliefs, and beliefs make us the individual that we are. Yousay you think personal beliefs a poor substitute for evidence these are your beliefs.......We all have beliefs and even when you say beliefs are a poor substiture for evidence you are expressing your beliefs ;)

mac
01-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Those are you words, which to me comes across like you are suggesting that because i used those words i dont have an understanding of them. If that is not what you meant may i suggest you think how you are phrasing things.

I also know that it is my beliefs, and beliefs make us the individual that we are. Yousay you think personal beliefs a poor substitute for evidence these are your beliefs.......We all have beliefs and even when you say beliefs are a poor substiture for evidence you are expressing your beliefs ;)

Indeed you are right. I needed to be clear by saying that I find personal beliefs about matters on which there is abundant teaching from spiritually evolved entities are a poor substitute.

You were wrong in thinking what you outline in your first paragraph above. I'll repeat myself and say that's not what I said and what you've implied wasn't what I meant.

I think you might mean (above) that it's your beliefs which make you the person you are and that I totally accept.

But I don't have any such beliefs so what makes me the person I am, I wonder....?

Lostgirl
01-12-2010, 02:14 PM
I obviously misunderstood what you meant then. I cant see how else you mean it though.....But i accept that if that wasnt what you meant then thats fine and i apologise.

I agree that i think its your beliefs that make you who you are.....however i am going to be really annoying and say that you believe you have no beliefs so you must believe in something.....or am i missing the point?! I have a sneaky suspicion that i am....but i will make the point anyway in the hope that if i am wrong i will leanr something....:D

mac
01-12-2010, 02:44 PM
I obviously misunderstood what you meant then. I cant see how else you mean it though.....But i accept that if that wasnt what you meant then thats fine and i apologise.

I agree that i think its your beliefs that make you who you are.....however i am going to be really annoying and say that you believe you have no beliefs so you must believe in something.....or am i missing the point?! I have a sneaky suspicion that i am....but i will make the point anyway in the hope that if i am wrong i will leanr something....:D
May I put it another way? :wink:

I don't have personal belief in matters spiritual because I understand what has been taught about the issues to which I occasionally contribute.

Look at what I say. You won't often find "I believe so-and-so..." about the topic subject. Only very occasionally and then almost exclusively about a topic where there has been no guidance. Even spiritually evolved guides from the recent past will have, for example, given no specific guidance to, say, the global environmental threats we currently face. In those cases, then, I may have my personal views and beliefs about what should, or should not, happen.

But when I say what I do about spiritual issues, they are not my beliefs, not my ideas, although they are my words.... I'm just a mouthpiece to pass on what's been taught before.

Now I don't expect that those ideas will automatically be accepted whether they're my words to express 'em or whether they're from a verbatim account of a teacher's guidance. The ideas stand or fall on their merit....

So....if someone says something like "I believe so-and-so...." when there has been clear guidance on a particular point, and where the belief is at odds with what's been taught (and what I and others have evaluated), my response is to say that I don't find personal belief is a good substitute.

Lostgirl
01-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Now that makes sense! Sorry im kinda dim sometimes :) But thank you for making it clear :)

I understand where you are coming from now haha.

mac
01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Now that makes sense! Sorry im kinda dim sometimes :) But thank you for making it clear :)

I understand where you are coming from now haha.

my pleasure :redface::smile:

SandybytheSea
02-12-2010, 11:11 AM
aaawwwww, they kissed and made up :hug2:
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Lostgirl
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Haha isnt it lovely :D

mac
02-12-2010, 12:08 PM
aaawwwww, they kissed and made up :hug2:
:smile: :smile:
and why not....? :hug:

When each listens to the other, these things quickly get resolved....

Cletus VanDamme
09-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Because it's not time for that yet. But it's happened.

midnightstar
07-04-2011, 09:15 PM
The dead can't come back to life because I think once they go beyond a certain point going back isn't an option.

Sangraal
08-04-2011, 11:20 PM
When your "time" in this existence is up it's time to head back home...

Some may ask at this point what do we mean by home...

And in this context "home" is a resting place of contemplation in a spiritual realm where the entity can apply to return back to earth through the cycle of re-birth...

For most (if not all) a return will have a caveat or condition whereby most or all memory of past lives are blanked out... (it is interesting to note that bleed through does occure and for the most part is fine - in some cases it can become problematic...)

A goal for many souls is to become connected to their past incarnations while in possession of a human body - this would mean the entity has ascended and is spiritually advanced...

Disregard everything above if it does not resonate with you...

Discover your own path to enlightenment...

There are many roads that lead to the source...

You are SOURCE dancing in a grand journey of expression by the source as a creature of desire...

Ask yourself "what is it that I desire"?

Ask yourself "who am I"?

Ask yourself "why am I here"?

Ask yourself "what is the purpose of my life"?

Ask yourself "how do I open a window to my spiritual selves"?

Answer to all of above:

"Seek and ye shall find - knock and it shall be opened unto thee - ask and it shall be given..."

nick61
09-04-2011, 03:45 AM
I think there's a difference between being 'clinically' dead and dead beyond reanimation.

Boom
11-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Its quite simple really. Once the body is damaged too much. For example, too many braincells died due to lack of oxygen. Then its not capable of hosting a soul, or being re-animated. Therefore you cant return to it.

konrard
11-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Why can the dead not come back to life? It is because there is no such thing as death in the first place. Death is perceived disconnection from our source, and only occurs on the level of mind.

suexylady
11-04-2011, 09:29 PM
I beleive the dead can be contacted because the bible says it is forbidden to contact the dead, but dont think its a good idea really

LadyTerra
11-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Coming in at the end of the Thread--in answer to the original question.

I speak to people who have passed beyond the Veil all the time--so to me they are never really "dead"--just currently in a non-coporeal state of being.

I (also) believe in reincarnation--so (IMO) people who have passed do eventually return to a coporeal state--when it is time for them to do so.

Just a personal perspective.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

breath
11-04-2011, 11:35 PM
the dead can't come back because they don't want to. they don't want to, because they're dead.

Most of us can barely accept being woken up in the morning, after a moderately deep sleep. How do we expect to be able to get up during such a peaceful experience as our bodies completely stilling.

'when all suffering in them cease, your heart is empty, your body full, your mind at ease'. the spirit is addicted to death, it has to return to it every 80 years or so. :P

and during life, it requires constantly reminding itself with news report that it exists like an over excited child at christmas who needs to continuously ask mummy if santa is real and commentate on the wrapping of presents and the toys it wants.

when you get death again, you wont want to come back. XD but you'll be back anyway.

I don't believe in any of this, but it could be true none the less.
we are universe, universe isn't dead yet, so we aren't dead yet.

unus supra
12-04-2011, 06:59 AM
you know what might be a useful way to look at it.

This body is a vehicle, liken it literally to a car.
or better yet, like a computer, the body is the hardware program.

And like a computer, the hardware is designed to encase and give the software a medium through which it can operate.

This is very much like the relationship between the body and the "soul" although frankly i prefer to call it software. I feel that we need to make this knowledge more accessable to the scientifically or logically inclined mind.

The difference is that this body is made of organic substance. Like all things in nature, when an organism is not fullfilling a function in relation to the balance of the ecosystem, it ceases to exist.

Likewise, when this hardware is not running the software program it is designed to house, then the hardware, as per its natural function and state,
will begin to degrade. in a relatively short time, because of this natural decomposition, it quickly becomes unfit to house and store the software program.

they become incompatible. like oil and water they can no longer mix.
there is though, a window in wich, degradation of the body has not reached an advanced enough state to disallow the software to reboot the system.

this would explain your question about individuals appearing dead.
once decomposition has set in, the individual has already decided a priori to move on. (we would hope) when they dont,

you have "ghosts".

mac
12-04-2011, 09:55 AM
you know what might be a useful way to look at it.

This body is a vehicle, liken it literally to a car.
or better yet, like a computer, the b..............software program.

they become incompatible. like oil and water they can no longer mix.
there is though, a window in wich, degradation of the body has not reached an advanced enough state to disallow the software to reboot the system.

this would explain your question about individuals appearing dead.
once decomposition has set in, the individual has already decided a priori to move on. (we would hope) when they dont,

you have "ghosts".

yeah - kinda, sorta.....

I put it this way. Using the computer analogy, our bodies are indeed the hardware with background programs running continuously and over which we have no routine input. Those functions are equivalent to DOS - disk operating system - and kick in very early in our development.

Once the DOS has been activated after our spirit animates the newly created embryo, additional programs will begin to run leading to the eventual formation of an independently-functioning individual. These programs are contained in genetic coding of the organic components of the two 'mini-lifeforms' whose fusion begins the process of creating a new individual.

Eventually we emerge as individuals and little-by-little we 'learn to drive' the hugely complex mechanism in which we live - our bodies. As we begin to grow still more programs begin to operate, each of these part of the hard-wiring mentioned earlier. We grow up, we mature to adulthood, we live our lives, many reproduce.

In time those background programs begin to power down as they are designed to do. Once we have passed mature adulthood, passed our prime, passed reproduction, certain of them drop into low-power mode or are switched off. Along with this, certain physical functions deteriorate due to component aging and failure - kinda like a hard drive when sectors become corrupt and unusable. This process occurs in all of us to a lesser or greater degree....

In time software can run only the still-functioning parts and system slow-down is marked - kinda like a hard disk with its faulty sectors plus many registry errors. Attached peripherals also begin to fail due to age. Our bodies are wearing out....

Over a sometimes prolonged period of time fewer and fewer systems remain working efficiently and background programs can do nothing to re-activate failing hardware peripherals. Eventually the CPU's power source fails as one or more organs providing energy stop working. The body dies.

But at this point the animating spirit is able to withdraw from the intimate and embedded state it had formerly occupied. The so-called silver cord, the umbilical cord equivalent, becomes detached from the failed hardware, the body, and the spirit is once more free to return whence it came.

What happens then to the discarded body is irrelevant.

deepsea
12-04-2011, 03:26 PM
What can I say?
Cannot beat that description of the human body compared to a conputer.

So very apt!

Watch out for robots in the future. Our human body may become extinct.

Deepsea.

Xenophilia
13-04-2011, 01:42 AM
Essentially the dead can't come back. Necromancy could come into play but that's not truly bringing back the person, it's just using a body to host the spirit, which is then enslaved and usually corrupted. It all leads down to a corruption thing. Then again most spirits don't want to return and just wish to move on;.

LadyTerra
20-04-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm on-board with the idea that our bodies are merely vehicles that wear out after a time.

However--our Spirits are energy and energy never dies. I believe there are a finite number of Souls and they are continually recycled--until we have learned all we came to experience, know, and accept--then we are allowed to move beyond the Wheel-of-Karma and Reincarnation.

Peace and Love on your path to doing your own research and forming your own opinions...

Blessed be...

unus supra
20-04-2011, 07:16 PM
il tell you what, this is a way i use to verify ideas. I basically look at a few fundamental laws, like the micro cosm is a reflection of the macro cosm.

The small is a reflection of the large, to understand the glory of the sun, understand the humility of the candle flame right?
essentially everything is reflected in everything else.

So i look at our creations. We have roads, but without cars the roads would be useless. To experience the road, the driver goes into the car.

We have the internet. Without computers the internet would be useless.
We essentially "go into" the computer, direct its actions in accordance with our will.

To understand creation, look at the creations of its creatures.
Thus it stands to reason, we have earth, without a body, or a vehicle
that operates at corresponding wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum (as to that wich we deem "physical"), we could see it maybe,
but we couldnt interact with it. thus we go into a body, and direct it in accordance with our will.

it makes perfect sense.

no?

Chalk1990
21-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Earth is a temporary home for us, why would we want to stay here permanently, when our real home is back where we came from, the spiritual plane. Like many say we are 'spirits on a human journey'.

Seperate_Reality
27-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Sometimes the body can appear dead or is in the process of dying. The spiritual being operating that body might not be in a big hurry or not yet ready to kick-start that body up again. Sometimes the spiritual being abandons that body and another spiritual being comes along, see's this abandoned body that can be revived and decides to start operating it. Same body, but different spiritual being operating the body now.

A peaceful mind.
27-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Well there are ways that you can bring a person back for a short while.

This Vidya was created by Adi Shankaracharya. Through it even a dead person can be brought back to life. This practice may seem to be a myth but it had been used by Guru Gorakhnath several times. Today only a few persons have practical knowledge of this Vidya.

daddysgirl
28-08-2011, 09:37 PM
What a brill question, I often wonder this myself, especially as Jesus is supposed to have died for us and rose again

Tea Break
29-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Essentially the dead can't come back. Necromancy could come into play but that's not truly bringing back the person, it's just using a body to host the spirit, which is then enslaved and usually corrupted. It all leads down to a corruption thing. Then again most spirits don't want to return and just wish to move on;.

Right-on, Xenophilia! Necromancy is something I'd steer clear of myself (much to the relief of most of you, I'm sure:D )
I believe our Fate is already largely written before we even incarnate, and any distressing happenings (for us, or through our sufferings or "death", our loved ones) are already factored into both their and our own lifeplans by a loving Father/Mother God who has only our interests, and spiritual growth, in mind. We each agree to these circumstances before we even arrive here - and then most of us "forget" the agreement part, and just forge on through our lives as they are, growing in wisdom as we deal with our circumstances.

Abusing spiritual laws is a freewill choice - but anyone doing so will pay a hefty karmic penalty at some point in their own lives.

Angel Blessings to All :angel1:

PaulChapmanTasmania
29-08-2011, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE= World Teacher for the coming Age.
All the great religions posit the idea of a further revelation to be given by a future Teacher.
Christians hope for the return of the Christ
Buddhists for another Buddha (the Lord Maitreya),
Muslims await the Imam Mahdi,
Hindus expect a reincarnation of Krishna,
Jews await the Messiah.
Students of the esoteric tradition know all these as different names for the same individual -- the Lord Maitreya, the World Teacher,
[/QUOTE]

All religions also share the view that there is some kind of after life that will be a reward or pleasant experience.

Religion is an attempt to corporealize spiritual information, it corporelizes this because of the corporeal concept of time and space. The rationale being 'There must be something after because we experience lineal life'.

However spiritual insight as recorded by all great sages who have attained spirituality write from a space of spirituality which has no relevance to corporeal understanding.

The world teachers that are being awaited upon are actually the force which brings correction to the egoistic desire, in which humanity is brought to spiritual independence, this will not come in the form of a person, it is infact within you.

The word dead refers to a desire that has been corrected. The desire to receive energy for oneself at the expense of another. Meaning there is no feeling or intention towards wholeness or unity but just to take for oneself once corrected and becomes dead, this is why the biblical reference to the word 'forbidden' is also attributed to the dead. Forbidden means it is something which you have not yet attained. therfore if you have already a corrected desire why would you wish to re-attain it.

Resurrection of the dead refers to all the collectives egoistic desires of humanity that an individual cannot correct by themselves, they are therfore laid to rest, and at the point where all of humanity reaches spirituality these desires are re-born and corrected to a state of bestowal, which is equivalence with spirituality.

So the question why can't the dead come back to life? Now takes on the form 'why would you wish to start smoking again if that desire has already been corrected?'
Surely there are plenty of other parts to find that require correction.

Life and death are states that we experience in this world, opposites that allow a third component of choice.

Just my spin :smile:

Tea Break
31-08-2011, 03:01 PM
:confused1: ... ummm ... I think I agree with you, Paul :D

My brain just needs to catch up with my intuition! :icon_eek:

Meanwhile -

Angel Blessings to All :angel5:

Scottmana
18-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Hi all

The answer is this, as there are two basic parts here you need to look at both. The first is the body, pop a big hole in the chest or run over a body with a truck and he can't come back simply because the body is not inhabitable anymore.

There was once a test done by some scientists. In the test there was an older woman they were told would die and she consented for them to study her as she died. They connected electrical devices to her to see if electricity in the body changed as a person died. Normally a person generates around 45watts of power to animate a body (alot of power fir a human would be 70 watts). When she died she jumped to over 500watts. Why? Because all of us control our bodies with electrical means and as her body died, she did not want to let it go. She upped the juice until it was clear that the body was not going to respond no matter how hard she pushed it.

Also, talk to enough people about this and you will hear the tale of the guy that was really into what he was doing and the body dies so fast the being has not realized it and only after the fact begins to wounder why nobody pays attention to him.

The second is when the being decides to leave the body. There is nothing required for this but the lack of willingness to animate the body. It should be noted that the heart is tied to you, so when you leave the body, the heart stops. People that just "keel over for no reason" have simply left their body. If you see someone do this, check their heart quickly, you will need to keep it going long enough to get the being back in the body. Doctors run into this allot. The being leaves and the body can live but the heart is not restarting and run the defibrillator all they want, it's over...

It can happen for any number of reasons:
-The being decides the life is not worth the trouble.
-The body is injured or troubled somehow and the being thinks its lost so leaves... but latter it's ready to be animated again.
And a few other reasons it's probably better not to list.

In this second case, so long as the body can be kept inhabitable, you can talk to the body and through it, reach the being and get him to come back and reanimate it.

Hope this helps.

sappy
18-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Most likely because when you die or something really tramatic happens there is a chemical in your brain called DMT the most powerful hallucinogen known to mankind that is released probably as some kind of defense mechanism the body is truly an amazing thing and why i say this is because i have had near death experience when i was a teenager because i drank ALOT and one night my destructive self mixed that alcohol with valium and oxycontin yeah i know extremely stupid but what happened is well i lost consciousness everything went black then i found me from a birds eye view looking at myself extremely interesting experience there is more to it than that but i don't feel like typing that much so basically i had your typical experience and a couple years down the road i had come across DMT and i did it and it was a extremely profound experience almost exactly like my OBE and i even saw light beings and "GOD" or what ever this incredible all knowing intellegent light it was life changing so after that i did research on DMT to find out that your brain naturally produces it. Now am i saying all NDE's are DMT trips no because how could i honestly say for sure it's just the experiences were so similar it's amazing but that's just one theory because the ones that have stayed dead obviously aren't here to tell us about it or are they?

Dinko
10-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi all

yo, read at home with god(Neal Walsch)and the ra material law of one i think u shall find some answers there
Luz & Amor

Eutrarius
13-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I don't know that anyone has ever been dead "for a few days". Within hours the decomposition process begins in the guts, blood coagulates in even less time, a whole host of proteins begin changing almost instantly. People have been technically dead for matters of minutes and have had profound experiences which I don't think can be readily dismissed, but the reason the dead can't come back to life is because the body is very quickly ruined as the inhabitation for any kind of a soul.

Silver
13-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Most likely because when you die or something really tramatic happens there is a chemical in your brain called DMT the most powerful hallucinogen known to mankind that is released probably as some kind of defense mechanism the body is truly an amazing thing and why i say this is because i have had near death experience when i was a teenager because i drank ALOT and one night my destructive self mixed that alcohol with valium and oxycontin yeah i know extremely stupid but what happened is well i lost consciousness everything went black then i found me from a birds eye view looking at myself extremely interesting experience there is more to it than that but i don't feel like typing that much so basically i had your typical experience and a couple years down the road i had come across DMT and i did it and it was a extremely profound experience almost exactly like my OBE and i even saw light beings and "GOD" or what ever this incredible all knowing intellegent light it was life changing so after that i did research on DMT to find out that your brain naturally produces it. Now am i saying all NDE's are DMT trips no because how could i honestly say for sure it's just the experiences were so similar it's amazing but that's just one theory because the ones that have stayed dead obviously aren't here to tell us about it or are they?

Is DMT related to LSD in any way? Like many, I like to hear obe/nde stories. Have you ever written down your experiences?

darkness
14-11-2011, 12:11 AM
This is true IMO from personal experience :)

DeeVia7
14-11-2011, 04:26 PM
i think most of the stories you heard or read is mostly based on medical errors by classifying them as deceased but they're really not dead.

PanBaccha
20-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi all

Many simply don't want to once they've been exposed
to the other side. Others do because they have things
which are still to be done. The choice comes down to them.
The Light,-- that conscious, living, intelligent light to which
they become one with is very difficult to want to leave for a
dank, insensitive, dull, and semi-dark world called earth.