PDA

View Full Version : Who is Silver Birch?

Scibat
23-11-2010, 05:13 AM
I keep seeing this name pop up on this forum. Who is this Silver Birch and why do people keep quoting him/her? What does he/she have to do with the afterlife?

Spiritlite
23-11-2010, 06:07 AM
Scibat go ahead and google silver birch and you will read all about him, he's actually quite fascinating.........it's someone who channels through someone about life after death.
Spiritlite.

glenos
23-11-2010, 06:38 AM
The search facility is also quite useful.

Spiritlite
23-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Oh yeah good point glenos. Actually I love Silver Birche's answers to questions they are fascinating and resonate well with me.
Spiritlite.

deepsea
23-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Silver Birch channeled through a great medium called Maurice Barbanell. (sorry,not sure of spelling of sirname)
Deepsea

Native spirit
23-11-2010, 11:52 AM
:smile: Maurice Barnell was a medium from london, his spirit guide was Silver Birch, who spoke through him ,maurice passed away in 1981 i think it was and silver birch passed to spirit over 3000 years ago if my memory serves me right,

Namaste

deepsea
23-11-2010, 12:39 PM
:smile: Maurice Barnell was a medium from london, his spirit guide was Silver Birch, who spoke through him ,maurice passed away in 1981 i think it was and silver birch passed to spirit over 3000 years ago if my memory serves me right,

Namaste

That's it,Native Spirit!
:wink:
Deepsea

mac
23-11-2010, 04:03 PM
At that time I think Silver Birch was seen as communicating through his medium, Maurice Barbanell.

SB actually referred to Mr Barbanell as his instrument.

The word 'channelling' has gained acceptance of late but it's unclear whether modern-day channelling of guides, gurus, 'Ascender Masters' etc. is the same thing as the Maurice Barbanell / Silver Birch relationship.

I have my doubts.

Scibat
23-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I did search, the webpage I ended up at wasn't very clear. More to the point was wondering why I see him quoted here so often. I suppose its one of those new age things I don't quite get. :wink:

mac
23-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I did search, the webpage I ended up at wasn't very clear. More to the point was wondering why I see him quoted here so often. I suppose its one of those new age things I don't quite get. :wink:

I'm guessing you somehow got lost - New Age it ain't...:wink::D His teachings are widely associated with Modern Spiritualism's philosophy.

try this link

http://website.lineone.net/~enlightenment/maurice_barbanell.htm (http://website.lineone.net/%7Eenlightenment/maurice_barbanell.htm)

Skye
23-11-2010, 05:16 PM

No, it's definitely not new age.

Scibat
23-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm guessing you somehow got lost - New Age it ain't...:wink::D His teachings are widely associated with Modern Spiritualism's philosophy.

try this link

http://website.lineone.net/~enlightenment/maurice_barbanell.htm (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwebsite.lineone.net%2F %257Eenlightenment%2Fmaurice_barbanell.htm)

Ah thank you! That is a much more helpful link than the one I found. I didn't get the Native American reference from the first link, and got the impression Silver Birch was one of those fluffy new age names e.g. SilverWolfRaven :wink:

mac
23-11-2010, 07:02 PM
You're right to wonder why "I see him quoted here so often..." and researching that might lead you on to a different way of viewing life, death et al.

As I mentioned it's not New Age but the premise from which his teachings begin may be unfamiliar to you. A dip into any of the book compilations of the many teachings he gave over two decades would give you a flavour of his unpretentious delivery of ideas you perhaps haven't fully considered.

Your biggest problem would be in getting a book sent economically to the USA. I might be able to help with that if you were interested as I'll be in AZ in January and could send one or more fairly cheaply through USPS...

Tricia
23-11-2010, 07:08 PM
You're right to wonder why "I see him quoted here so often..." and researching that might lead you on to a different way of viewing life, death et al.

As I mentioned it's not New Age but the premise from which his teachings begin may be unfamiliar to you. A dip into any of the book compilations of the many teachings he gave over two decades would give you a flavour of his unpretentious delivery of ideas you perhaps haven't fully considered.

Your biggest problem would be in getting a book sent economically to the USA. I might be able to help with that if you were interested as I'll be in AZ in January and could send one or more fairly cheaply through USPS...

Awwww, what a lovely thought Mac :) I must say,any of his books are well worth having.

LightFilledHeart
23-11-2010, 08:07 PM

Namaste

So all the quotes from this Silver Birch are pre-1981 and are being posted here by a forum member, or is someone purporting to channel this spirit guide in present time?

Spiritlite
23-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all the explanations guys, I forgot it was a native amercian spirit.
Spiritlite.

mac
23-11-2010, 08:20 PM
So all the quotes from this Silver Birch are pre-1981 and are being posted here by a forum member, or is someone purporting to channel this spirit guide in present time?
"Yes" to your first assumption - "no" to your question.

mac
23-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks for all the explanations guys, I forgot it was a native amercian spirit.
Spiritlite.
SB took on the guise of a tribal but only because he chose not to disclose his true identity - he wanted those who listened to his ideas to judge them on their merit - and not be influenced by his identity.

deepsea
23-11-2010, 09:04 PM
SB took on the guise of a tribal but only because he chose not to disclose his true identity - he wanted those who listened to his ideas to judge them on their merit - and not influenced by his identity.

That's something I didn't know,Mac. Taking on the guise of a tribal.
Wonder what his true identity was.
J.

mac
23-11-2010, 09:48 PM
That's something I didn't know,Mac. Taking on the guise of a tribal.
Wonder what his true identity was.
J.
Ah, I wonder...? :wink::smile: Mebbes we'll get to find out when we fetch up 'over there' - if we can remember that we were once interested....

And it makes me wonder if any of this 'stuff' that intrigues us so much while in-the-body will still have any interest for us after we leave our present ignorance behind?

I know it's not the same but I find that when we're on our travels, our routines are so different from when we're here that thinking about things at home gets hard. Our interest is focused on the unfamiliar and exciting things we're doing. Just take that principle but over-there with all we've heard about it, all we have to find out for the first time or to reacquaint ourselves with if it's not our first..... :wink:

Will we really care about 'stuff' we leave behind or care about finding out about the things we once debated?

Maybe the answers to those questions could indicate why so few discarnates appear to want to contact their loved ones still here?

Skye
23-11-2010, 10:06 PM
[quote=mac]SB took on the guise of a tribal but only because he chose not to disclose his true identity - he wanted those who listened to his ideas to judge them on their merit - and not be influenced by his identity.

Which always makes me wonder how people can claim to be communicating with 'Arch angels' for they too would need the services of an intermediary as SB did.

Tricia
23-11-2010, 10:10 PM
[quote=mac]SB took on the guise of a tribal but only because he chose not to disclose his true identity - he wanted those who listened to his ideas to judge them on their merit - and not be influenced by his identity.

Which always makes me wonder how people can claim to be communicating with 'Arch angels' for they too would need the services of an intermediary as SB did.

Good point Skye:smile:

mac
23-11-2010, 10:43 PM

I have frequently voiced concerns about folks who claim to speak to such august individuals, along with others who say they 'channel' Ascended Masters.

Spiritually evolved guides have taught that they are unable to communicate directly with those living in 'lower' dimensions without there being a 'go-between', a medium, through whom their words are conveyed.

I see no reason to believe that this does not apply universally so just who might the discarnates be who we're told are angels, archangels, ascended masters and the like?

My view is that there are many deluded individuals who believe they have a hot line to personal spiritual advisors of high spiritual elevation.

In reality that's unlikely.

deepsea
24-11-2010, 01:06 PM
[quote=Skye]

I have frequently voiced concerns about folks who claim to speak to such august individuals, along with others who say they 'channel' Ascended Masters.

Spiritually evolved guides have taught that they are unable to communicate directly with those living in 'lower' dimensions without there being a 'go-between', a medium, through whom their words are conveyed.

I see no reason to believe that this does not apply universally so just who might the discarnates be who we're told are angels, archangels, ascended masters and the like?

My view is that there are many deluded individuals who believe they have a hot line to personal spiritual advisors of high spiritual elevation.

In reality that's unlikely.

That's probably why they don't communicate with me.
:D
J.

mac
24-11-2010, 01:57 PM
[quote=mac]

That's probably why they don't communicate with me.
:D
J.

me neither!! :D:D