PDA

View Full Version : What stones do you wear as jewellery?

Kiran
20-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Personally, as of jewellery I wear:

A blue bracelet my soulmate brought me from India, on my left wrist (it's almost seven years old and might have close to zero material worth nowadays, but I had it repaired several times when it broke and I wear it every day).

A necklace with a silver heart with three ambar stones fit into it (normally, but about three weeks ago one fell out and I'm having it repaired).

A strangely formed ambar ring on my right-hand little finger with a tiny spider and some other even smaller insect enclosed in it.

And my latest purchase, a big oval turquoise ring on my left ring finger (there won't be another ring on there and I like it that way).

I wear all of them as good as any day except for sleeping, cleaning tasks or such where the rings can get lost, and washing myself.

I also own a collection of half-gems (jaspis, lava, black stone, white and green jade, ...), two rose quartzes (one very small in a heart shape), an amethyst I do not always like because it gave me irritating dreams, and a "mountain crystal" (not sure about the name in english). I rarely use them for healing as I'm not very savvy about how, but I sometimes lay them on me when resting or carry them in my pocket in new, unknown situations.

What stones do you have?

star-child
20-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Your jewellery sounds beautiful.

I often wear a rose quartz around my neck, it sits right in front of my heart. Occasionally I wear a jade angel pendant.

I would like to buy some more stone jewellery but I'm just searching for the right pieces.

LightFilledHeart
20-11-2010, 03:26 PM
When I need the qualities they convey, I wear certain stones, but as a rule I wear certain ones daily, and they are my peacock blue Austrailian black opal ring, my lapis lazuli ring, my tiny emerald pinky ring, and my diamond wedding band.

Silver
20-11-2010, 04:18 PM
When I need the qualities they convey, I wear certain stones, but as a rule I wear certain ones daily, and they are my peacock blue Austrailian black opal ring, my lapis lazuli ring, my tiny emerald pinky ring, and my diamond wedding band.

I am green with envy, a co-worker and friend came back from a trip to Australia with a big beautiful blue australian free-form art nouveau design black opal ring. Unreal!

I love opals even tho it's not my birthstone, I do not fear, as they say, not to wear unless it's one's birthstone, I have worn lots of turquoise and silver in the past. I had a black pearl (from a stand at a fair where you pick your own oyster and get your own pearl, mine was a huge black pearl about 8 or 9 mm or cm whatever. I had it set in a necklace with a small diamond atop.

LightFilledHeart
20-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I am green with envy, a co-worker and friend came back from a trip to Australia with a big beautiful blue australian free-form art nouveau design black opal ring. Unreal!

Sounds magnificent! Mine is quite large too, and set in a really beautiful almost crown like setting. I loved it from the minute I saw it and had to have it.

I love opals even tho it's not my birthstone, I do not fear, as they say, not to wear unless it's one's birthstone, I have worn lots of turquoise and silver in the past. I had a black pearl (from a stand at a fair where you pick your own oyster and get your own pearl, mine was a huge black pearl about 8 or 9 mm or cm whatever. I had it set in a necklace with a small diamond atop.

The opal happens to be my birthstone (Scorpio), but I would wear it regardless, because I love it and have always been attracted to the stone. Not the milky ones, but the black varieties. It's a powerful stone that invites psychic occult aspects, but anyone with a strong spiritual constitution can handle them. I'm sure you'd do fine! I love turquoise set in Navajo worked silver... lovely! And I'll bet your black pearl is exquisite!

SunSister
20-11-2010, 08:04 PM
I own several pendants, of which larimar is my favourite. I don't wear them often (only when I really feel I should), but there are some beautiful ones to be found in stores sometimes. :smile: I have far more stones that I can simply put in my pocket, though, because I tend to lose jewellery when it's made from stones.

earthprowler
20-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I wear a large tear drop shaped moonstone around my neck.

i still wear my class ring on my right hand which is my birth stone: garnet

my husband went out and picked out the wrap for my engagement ring and then brought home the magazine from the store for me to pick which one i would want. we both picked the same: a garnet wrap. :D :hug2: he knows me so well and i will never wear a wedding ring that looks like anyone elses.

ces
21-11-2010, 07:19 AM
I wear an amber pendant and arrow head set with turquoise around my neck (there are other pendants on this chain as well). I have a opal stud in one ear and some agate hanging from another. 1 diamond ring. Every day without fail.

Sangress
21-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Garnet teardrop pendant or Obsidian Scrying pendant as well as another mysterious pendant that changes colour between misty blue and opaque white which my grandmother gave me. All of them fit on a thin home-made silver/lead mixed chain.

I also have a Leather wrist band with small Magnetite skulls weaved into it.

Smiler
21-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Hi
Every-ones stones sound really beautiful :)
I wear new and old diamonds, as well as crystals.

:)

Summerkat
21-11-2010, 02:10 PM
For some reason I always lose jewelry so for long time I didn't wear any. The only thing I do wear is a moonstone ring. I've had it on for about a month and haven't lost this yet. But the moonstone seems to be sinking a little into its setting --won't fall out, very secure, but its trying to. haha I don't know what it is with me and jewelry. Looong time ago I use to make jewelry so this is really strange.

LightFilledHeart
21-11-2010, 03:05 PM
That's an interesting statement earth. I'm attracted to what I like and what appeals to me. I have no care for whether anyone else likes or has the same thing or something similar. I just like what I like, whether it's the only one on the planet or one of many :smile: I'm not swayed by others' choices one way or the other.

In college I had a friend who drove this beat up jallopy that was always breaking down. He had the money to buy something better, but when anyone asked him why he drove what he did, his answer was always the same. He said, "Society wants the best car, so I want the WORST car...!!" It was his personal way of rebelling against the status quo :D

Your garnet ring sounds lovely, by the way :smile:

grazier
21-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I wear a silver dolphin necklace that is holding a blue lapis-lazuli ball. I wear this all of the time.

I don't wear much jeweller but if I need certain properties I will wear a particular stone necklace that will give me those energies that they radiate.

Blessings

grazier

LightFilledHeart
21-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I wear a silver dolphin necklace that is holding a blue lapis-lazuli ball. I wear this all of the time.

I don't wear much jeweller but if I need certain properties I will wear a particular stone necklace that will give me those energies that they radiate.

Blessings

grazier

Hi grazier :smile:

Those of us with strong connections to ancient Egypt are often attracted to Lapis. I'm told it can bring about unwanted thoughts and negative states of emotion, especially if worn
below the throat chakra, but I have a lapis pinkie ring I wear
often and I've never noticed any ill effects. I love the stone and have always had an affinity for it. Your pendant sounds positively beautiful! Dolpin energy and lapis all in one place?
What could be better...!!!!!! :hug:

grazier
21-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Those of us with strong connections to ancient Egypt are often attracted to Lapis. I'm told it can bring about unwanted thoughts and negative states of emotion, especially if worn
often and I've never noticed any ill effects. I love the stone and have always had an affinity for it. Your pendant sounds positively beautiful! Dolpin energy and lapis all in one place?

Hi Light,

Thanks. Yes you are right about the Egypt connection but it is also an Atlantean stone, used for healing, for building and for communication devices.

I have never had any negative reactions for Lapis, I guess it must be my stone, despite crystal and diamond being my birthstones.

They used to grind Lapis in Egypt and use it as eye make=up. Also it is said that the 10 commandments were on Lapis tablets. It is possible as Moses was into alchemy.

Blessings

grazier :hug3:

earthprowler
21-11-2010, 04:59 PM
That's an interesting statement earth. I'm attracted to what I like and what appeals to me. I have no care for whether anyone else likes or has the same thing or something similar. I just like what I like, whether it's the only one on the planet or one of many :smile: I'm not swayed by others' choices one way or the other.

In college I had a friend who drove this beat up jallopy that was always breaking down. He had the money to buy something better, but when anyone asked him why he drove what he did, his answer was always the same. He said, "Society wants the best car, so I want the WORST car...!!" It was his personal way of rebelling against the status quo :D

Your garnet ring sounds lovely, by the way :smile:

LOL.....your friend sounds like an Aquarius. :D that's exactly how I think too.

tragblack
21-11-2010, 06:29 PM

I have felt those negative effects... but it probably only comes up in people who have been having issues with themselves and looking within. Sometimes the energy of lapis is too strong for someone in a bit of negative state. Fluorite also seems to affect me this way, but as I've matured, fluorite has become way more of a help than a hindrance. Also seems to help with lucid dreams.

The one stone that doesn't seem to do s**t for me is quartz.

Topaz
22-11-2010, 12:24 PM
At the moment I'm wearing a seraphinite necklace :hug3:

grazier
22-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I have felt those negative effects... but it probably only comes up in people who have been having issues with themselves and looking within. Sometimes the energy of lapis is too strong for someone in a bit of negative state. Fluorite also seems to affect me this way, but as I've matured, fluorite has become way more of a help than a hindrance. Also seems to help with lucid dreams.

The one stone that doesn't seem to do s**t for me is quartz.

Hi tragblack,

Obviously different stones affect different people in different ways, it depends on internal and external energy vibrations at the time contact.

I couldn't wear rose quartz at one period. I needed a calming influence at one time and wore a piece of rose quartz to help this but it had the opposite effect, it was too powerful and gave me headaches so I had to stop wearing it. That is the only stone that has affected me in that way.

I love hematite and used to wear hematite but whatever I was wearing, be it ring, necklace or bracelet, I could only wear it for a certain period of time, when I needed it. When I didn't need it whatever I was wearing broke.

I had a strange experience once with a crystal pendant that I had. I wore it all of the time (except in bed). It was a very old pendant in a gold setting. My guru advised me to wear the Eye of Horus as a protective measure at one time, so I obtained a brooch of the symbol. I wore the brooch and at the end of the day my crystal had turned black, just like a smokey quartz, so I had to stop wearing the brooch, obviously the Eye of Horus was not for me. It took me an awful lot of cleansing, blessing and programming to clear it.

Blessings

grazier :hug3:

Falling Star
22-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I wear a moonstone bracelet and a lapis and turquoise necklace, also a turquoise bracelet most times.

Topaz
29-01-2011, 12:11 AM
I've been wearing my moldavite bracelet . I love it x

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs791.snc4/67165_10150107080641419_759601418_7394273_34252_n. jpg

Rainel
29-01-2011, 12:19 AM
I wear an small amethyst round my neck,my rings and bracelets are amethysts and diamonds,amethysts my birthstone and favourite colour

Clover
29-01-2011, 04:02 AM
I wear a half domed moonstone around my neck.

I virtually always have moonstone on me somewhere. Love it.

Spiritlite
29-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Right now I have on a clear quartz crystal, with purple specks of hematite that is bright red in the sun, with amethyst ghost in it. Dan bought it for me as a birthday gift the first few years we were together.
Spiritlite.

Kiran
29-01-2011, 03:18 PM
All of your jewelley sounds so beautiful. I am glad to have started this thread. And I hope your stones help you with your spiritual development, protect you, guide you, or just plain adorn your natural beauty.

Since I first posted my jewellery, I have made only one more purchase. A big "feather" shaped rose quartz which is hanging between my breasts, right on my heart chakra. I LOVE it. I don't wear it to work or around most people, only when I go to visit a spiritual friend or in the evenings when I'm alone in my room meditating. It opens my heart chakra and influences it benevolently.

deep
03-02-2011, 06:11 AM
I'm enjoying this thread and thought I'd give it a bump:smile:
I wear alot of stones in my jewelry and sometimes will actually get a stone in my mind and not be able to get it out of my head until I obtain/wear it. I wear alot of lapis aand have one ring in particular that I love. I also wear and love turquois, citrine, love rose quartz, moonstone and labrodorite. I've lately become really drawn to rough stones that are natural and ordered some aragonite in rough form to make a necklace or bracelet and I'm really excited.
I would love to hear more about what others enjoy wearing.

TrainsAndSewingMachines
03-02-2011, 06:31 AM
I have two turquoise rings that I wear everyday.

http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m585/BreakTheFourthWall/
http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m585/BreakTheFourthWall/

I feel incomplete without the the rounder one. I sleep, shower, work, swim, everything with these babies. I find myself getting awfully attached to stone jewelry.

Does anyone else get that way?

Other than those I have a lapis lazuli ring, coral, and chrysicolia.

For pendants I have a lovely piece of rose quartz that has been bound in copper that feels wonderful on, wrapped pieces of amethyst and chrysicolia, and a turquoise pendant.

I used to have a turquoise bracelet but I lost a stone... :(

Love and light,
-Trains

TrainsAndSewingMachines
03-02-2011, 06:32 AM
I've been wearing my moldavite bracelet . I love it x

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs791.snc4/67165_10150107080641419_759601418_7394273_34252_n. jpg

Thats beautiful Topaz!

-TrainsAndSewingMachines

Clover
03-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Trains, I have had a moonstone obsession for years. The sense of comfort I get from it is wild to me, especially since I was always a bit of a skeptic about such things. Blue Lace Agate is another one that seems to have an uncanny ability to calm me.

So, yes. I get very, very attached. I almost never am without moonstone on my person somewhere, and hate to travel away from my home without it.

Kapitan_Prien
04-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Bright yellow Baltic Amber Chip Bead necklace. Looks pretty much just like this:

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_170x135.116809224.jpg

Topaz
04-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Thats beautiful Topaz!

-TrainsAndSewingMachines Thank you , it was my Christmas present to myself :D

Topaz
04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
I love turquoise too x

7luminaries
04-02-2011, 09:14 PM
I wear a lot of moonstone (white and especially blue) and amber...and a lot of silver. These are my power stones and they really resonate for me with healing work.

I usually wear a jade pendant and a gold amulet under clothes.

I also wear a lot of quartz (crystal) in many colours...depending on mood.
Occasionally amethyst and turquoise for the spiritual connection.

Also new and vintage garnet and onyx, if I feel I need more strength or vitality.

:smile: 7L

Sombra
18-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Lots of amazing jewelry in this thread! I have a silver & Lapis Lazuli pentacle pendant I sometimes wear. Also have a silver & Onyx Phoenix pendant, A clear Quartz pendant. Have several different bead bracelets made of Malachite, Garnet, Lapis Lazuli, Jasper, Tiger's eye. I also own a Picasso Jasper bead necklace, Labradorite bead necklace, Tiger's eye necklace.

Currently I'm shopping around for a Moldavite pendant as well as a bracelet of the same. I also wish I could find a nice Labradorite bracelet with blue flash that wasn't in chip form. I'm always on the hunt for new stuff hahaha. Tomorrow's the Crystal/ Gem/ Fossil show. I'm so excited! :biggrin:

vedicratna
28-11-2016, 09:41 AM
yellow sapphire (pukhraj), moti (pearl), Opal, red coral (moonga), Blue sapphire (neelam), Gomed (hessonite), Aqeeq, Emerald (panna) these gemstone you can wear as jewellery. For more detail visit vedicratna.com

FairyCrystal
28-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Larimar
Amazonite
Gilalite (Medusa stone)

mArIya
28-11-2016, 12:48 PM
I wear an Amethyst ring everyday and crystal bracelets , earings that take my mood ( fancy ) when they say "Wear meeee!" today! :hug3:

Sigh :) I love all my crystal jewellery

Sarian
28-11-2016, 01:04 PM
I was doing some online shopping looking for a sweater for my daughter that she wanted...then ended up looking at earrings (they are my addiction). I was drawn to these gorgeous blue topaz earrings...a combination of sky blue topaz, swiss blue topaz and London Blue. I have never been so compelled that I just had to have them. I looked at the price and although they were on sale, I thought I should not be so frivolous...but 25 minutes later they were in my cart. I could not stop thinking about them. I can't wait to get them. Last night I thought I wonder if they mean anything and what not.

Turns out they are my birthstone for starters. (I used to think aquamarine was and later I read turquoise was...didn't know they changed!) but what I read was exactly what I had been needing! Guess there are reasons more than beauty we can be drawn to something. (Now I'm eyeing a London blue topaz necklace....) lol

SerpentSun
07-12-2016, 07:15 PM
I love how the dates on the posts randomly go from April 4, 2011 to November 18, 2016. :D Haha thanks Sombra.

Except when sleeping, I have a small (maybe 1.25 inch) crystal ball on a hemp cord around my neck. My baby niece loves to chew on it. When the light shines on me just right, the crystal appears to be glowing against my shirt. Holding it makes me feel calm and alert.

My soulmate also bought me a bracelet that I never remove, and now my left wrist feels so naked when I don't wear it. Seven different glass/stone beads in the middle, black lava rock on either side, on a steel wire with a semi-permanent clasp. My bracelet does not come off EVER.

white_fairy
15-12-2016, 12:16 AM
My fiance gave me aquamarine heart and since when he put it around my neck I have not taken it down. (only for sauna) A month ago I have a huge revelation and my aunty ( who is a true believer in Jesus) gave me a pendant from mother mary and I have given her a crystal heart pendant ( she chose which one she wants).We started wearing them immediately and I have not taken it down. I am seeing her on Christhmas, when she will be singing in the church and I will check if she stills wears it.

I bought myself a pentagram pendant with blue crystals and I wear it whenever I am very afraid and need to face some major things. Lately I had some major things and I could not have done it without my pentagram.

I cant wear bracelets cause my hair gets stuck in them and it hurts me, but I do wear rings and I think they are very powerful when doing all kinds of things.

mArIya
27-12-2016, 11:38 AM
the most gorgeous amethyst pendant - love it

Khalli
27-12-2016, 07:36 PM
I wear aquamarine earrings, a Lion ring with aquamarine eyes, a silver ring with oval peridots. My necklace has clear quartz, amethyst, tiger's eye, rose quartz and citrine. I wear this everyday.

And yes, I'm a dude that loves jewelry.:biggrin:

Kine Lea
29-12-2016, 01:09 PM
I don't often wear any kind of jewelry, but today I have on a chain a small piece of crystal twinning - of which the other half is safely hidden away inside the head of a clay statue of Isis ... Oobookachoo

NurtureInNature84
31-12-2016, 03:46 AM
As of the last week. My dad gave me a family heirloom which is a turquoise ring, haven't been able to take that off. An opal ring and a red Jasper heart pocket stone I keep in my pocket from my boyfriend :)

missmetal
19-01-2017, 10:09 AM
I currently wear a quartz pendant on a necklace I recently bought.

"Clear Quartz is known as the "master healer" and will amplify energy and thought, as well as the effect of other crystals. It absorbs, stores, releases and regulates energy. Clear Quartz draws off negative energy of all kinds, neutralising background radiation, including electromagnetic smog or petrochemical emanations. It balances and revitalises the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual planes. Cleanses and enhances the organs and subtle bodies and acts as a deep soul cleanser, connecting the physical dimension with the mind. Clear Quartz enhances psychic abilities. It aids concentration and unlocks memory. Stimulates the immune system and brings the body into balance. Clear Quartz (Crystal Quartz, Rock Crystal) harmonises all the chakras and aligns the subtle bodies."

You can also use a Quartz necklace to help resolve any of the following conditions:

Low or sluggish energy
Illness, injury, or pain
Feeling overwhelmed
Feeling out of balance physically, emotionally, or mentally

https://s28.postimg.org/lowqecjql/16105622_10215351997776015_8151999814428924114_n.j pg

mjauster
19-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Amber ring and Amethyst pendant.

jupo88
25-01-2017, 04:44 PM
I'd really like to get a pair of black onyx stud earrings. I havent worn earrings in a long time, but I think polished onyx looks so awesome that I'd start wearing them again.

Also black obsidian stud earrings.

taurmel
28-01-2017, 12:36 AM
Not a huge jewelry fan either, but my son gave me a green aventurine necklace that I rarely go a day without wearing...I set it on a quartz cluster to boost it's energies when needed :)

IndigoProject
01-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Labodarite and smokey quartz. Sometimes I have to put them away though lot of energy can't wear them all day.

mjauster
02-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Green Aventurine necklace.

FairyCrystal
02-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Larimar pendant and a pearl pendant, on the same silver necklace.

NurtureInNature84
03-03-2017, 01:55 AM
amethyst heart necklace. Turquoise rings, one thats a gift from my mom and one from my dad which has been in his family forever <3. And just got a beautiful moonstone ring in the mail

Casper
04-03-2017, 03:14 PM
I have a spiral holder to put crystals into that you wear as a necklace.

I've grown fond of Citrine lately. :smile: