PDA

View Full Version : Smelling things

Sheri67
28-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Hello. I'm new to this forum.

Three years ago, I lost my brother to a heart attack. He lived alone and a friend of his found him deceased in his house. My husband and I caught a flight and went to his house to look after his things. He used a very unique smelling oil in his home as an air freshener.

Just last night, I went upstairs in my home and I smelled this oil. I asked my husband if he had pulled out any of the boxes that we were storing with my brothers things. He said he hadn't. This morning when I was in the kitchen, I smelled it again, and then at work today, I smelled it again.

I am very open to receiving anything spiritual. I'm wondering if this could have been my brother visiting? Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thank you.

Bodhi_Spirit
28-03-2014, 01:09 AM

Three years ago, I lost my brother to a heart attack. He lived alone and a friend of his found him deceased in his house. My husband and I caught a flight and went to his house to look after his things. He used a very unique smelling oil in his home as an air freshener.

Just last night, I went upstairs in my home and I smelled this oil. I asked my husband if he had pulled out any of the boxes that we were storing with my brothers things. He said he hadn't. This morning when I was in the kitchen, I smelled it again, and then at work today, I smelled it again.

I am very open to receiving anything spiritual. I'm wondering if this could have been my brother visiting? Does anyone have a similar experience?

Thank you.
Yes it likely is your brother visiting you. I lived in my grandfathers house for a few months a couple of years after he passed away. Needless to say I would smell his cigar smoke quite strongly off and on.

Smilealittlebrighter
29-03-2014, 04:39 AM

Thank you.

It's entirely possible that it was your brother!

Often spirits if they are visiting you will have something attributed to them that helps you to recognize them - like the scent of the oil.

And for example, though I have yet to physically meet my twin flame, candy is heavily connected to him. Whenever I'm spiritually connecting with him; I'll smell an abundance of cotton candy. :hug3:

Spirit Seeker
31-03-2014, 12:45 PM
When my mom visits me, I smell cigarette smoke as she was a smoker. I can be in my car driving down the highway when all of a sudden it will smell like somebody just lit up in my car. Windows rolled up, odor lasts about a minute then it is gone.

I say hi, tell her I love her and miss her and that we are doing fine.

umbridge
01-04-2014, 03:32 PM
So the people who are not in their physical bodies have different smells? But does any of them use a perfume? :P

TheOtherSky
04-04-2014, 05:04 AM
Yes I would also lean toward it being your brother and what a wonderful way for him to let you know he is around.

My mother quite often smells smoke connected to an uncle she was close to. Some people say they smell a certain perfume or flowers if someone was known for their gardening or love of roses.

There's a wonderful book put out years ago called Hello From Heaven: The 12 Types Of After Death Communication Bill and Judy Guggenheim you might be interested in reading.

Blessings :smile: