PDA

View Full Version : Vedic Astrology (Jyotish) - Saturn

Uma
20-11-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm just hoping to catch the attention of vedic astrologers out there. I am AMAZED with the pinpoint accuracy of vedic astrology. I just wish it had more spiritual focus as does the western astrology. I am in Saturn subdasha which has turned my life upside down and inside out and it doesn't end until March 31, 2012 so I'm wondering how I'm going to survive another 1 1/2 years of this!! Now I understand why Sani (Saturn) is so feared! :icon_eek:

whitelotus
20-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi Uma,

Shani(Saturn) is a planet.. which makes you do lot of hardwork and put you into situations that will let you test your own limits.I can understand that you may be going through difficult phase.But trust me...saturn gives strength also.and when saturn leaves it gives you lots of reasons to be happy..

so just gear up for hard work,unreasonable troubles and be patient.....you will be able to get through and will be happy at the end of dasha.

this was through my personal experience.

Uma
20-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Thank you White Lotus - yes it's definitely about hard work and testing my limits and getting stronger without a doubt. I'm really looking forward to the happy ending though. I get the impression Shani is all about clearing karma too. Since this period started on Jan.29th, 2009, I've felt like a soldier in the trenches and it hasn't let up yet although I think I'm through the worst.

I also keep getting the same tarot card X The Wheel of Fortune - Reversed (in my deck called "Critical Mass" - Reversed) which is about stagnation or being in the throws of forces beyond my control (in my deck it's about making the most of the situation and riding on the waves of these forces). The Wheel is associated with Jupiter. I think that means it's all just super magnified at this time, which it is - the toughest two years I've ever experienced in my life.

Roselove
21-11-2010, 01:56 AM
there are vedic remedies for the planets you can try them.. also mantras but verify with an vedic astrologer first

sometimes they may have lessons for us maybe try to learn them quickly lol not sure..

Uma
21-11-2010, 02:47 AM
Thanks Rosewater... I do have a vedic astrologer friend I can ask.

In the meantime I dug out this old book I have (The Greatness of Saturn) and, aside from rituals like offerings of black sesame to an iron idol (which isn't my style at all) - the gist of it is that if the person afflicted by Saturn is living a very disciplined, very virtuous life, they will be fortunate but if Saturn is angry with the person, their life will be miserable for the duration.

In the book, one of Saturn's victims (Saturn's own teacher) cries out, "You are the most terrible of all the planets, and those whom you seize you torment mercilessly." (p.135)

And later it says, "When Saturn is happy he causes good fortune to sweep through your life, and when angry he destroys everything. . . . Saturn is the force of fate, the force that makes you experience your karmas whether you want to or not." (p.166)