PDA

View Full Version : food love.

lost wolf
02-03-2014, 11:46 AM
I was eating steak the other day that my dad had made. As I was scarfing it down it got me thinking.

I learned how to cook from my dad and most times I cook just like my dad does. so, I asked "self? Doesnt my food ever taste as good when I cook for myself rather then my dad?" And it hit me so hard I nearly choked on my food.

When people say love is the secret ingredient, it really is true. I dont like cooking for myself and even though im a pretty good cook, the food I cook doesnt nourish the soul as well as the body. It is just substance to keep hunger pain away. I noticed that when my dad cooks for me he puts his heart and soul into it even if it is Something so simple and you can taste it. No matter how upset or sad I am my dads cooking always made me feel better. Its the same when I cook for someone I love. Though it doesnt beat a parents or grandparents cooking. Its all about the love you feel while your cooking that can make a good dish into a great dish. So weather you love cooking or are cooking for someone you love, make sure that person or yourself can really savior the love and happiness put into it and nourish the soul as well as the body. :)

lost wolf
02-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Im sure im late on figuring this out. Better late then never, thought id post it anyway.

bkveda
02-03-2014, 04:44 PM
very true. feeling matter when we cook.

nowhere man
09-03-2014, 08:53 PM
love is the secret ingredient in any inspired act. :)

Faith33
09-03-2014, 09:01 PM
love is the secret ingredient in any inspired act. :)

I agree 100 %.

When my heart (love) isn't in it, no matter what that "it" may be, the end result is almost always disastrous.

Smilealittlebrighter
29-03-2014, 04:29 AM
So true!

My mother has never liked to cook. My father adores cooking but due to his job; most of the time he's far too busy to cook. Ever since my family found out that I have severe food allergies, my mother has had to spend a long time in the kitchen; coming up with recipes and things that I can eat.

Her food tastes amazing! She says that before she didn't enjoy what she was cooking because it was killing me ( though she didn't know it, of course! My health was horrible. ) but now everything that she makes, she knows I can actually eat and enjoy.

Even though she will never love cooking like my father, she says that she loves making me food now. Her food is so much better than before! :hug3: