PDA

View Full Version : I love the sea so much...

OceanFlower
27-02-2014, 04:15 PM
I've been visiting it a lot more lately and still, I wish I could spend more time near it.
I love watching the waves lap over each other, watching the sun reflect on it, glimmering and glistening.. listen to the sound of the water, and the gulls.. gazing out to the seemingly endless horizon..

I feel such a deep affinity with the sea. I appreciate it so much.

Ecthalion
28-02-2014, 05:47 AM
I love the sea too. Such power. It fills me with awe. And such peace and tranquillity at other times.
Mountains, forests, hills, rainbows and sunsets all do this for me, but the strongest of all is the sea.

Belle
17-03-2014, 08:25 PM
that's beautiful, the sea - water - a very very feminine energy, consider what aspect of yourself is being relaxed by the sea.

Botticella22
18-03-2014, 03:50 AM
You're not the only one! :wink:

Water is just so beautiful and rejuvenating - a symbol of life and purity!

Leonine
18-03-2014, 08:17 AM
What a lovely thread. :smile:

Yes, I love the sea very much too, although I admit it intimidates me at times and I always treat it respectfully! In storms, it can be terrorizing - but still endlessly fascinating.

:smile:

The Librarian
19-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Where are you from?

I live on the coast of the stormy, slate-grey, North Atlantic, and I'm in love with it. My whole family live by the sea and we all get incredibly depressed spending any time away from it. We have old Irish routes, and my grandparents have always spoken about us having Selkie blood somewhere back along the line.

You know what they say. Salt water, in its three forms; sweat, tears or the ocean, can mend any broken soul.

Life is short and pleasures few
And holes the ship and drowns the crew.
But oh....but oh
How very blue
The sea is...

Sister Rags
15-06-2014, 03:59 AM
I visited Ireland, absolutely loved it there, and strongly hope to visit Wales some day.

The ocean is the best thing there is. I feel incredibly blessed to be fairly close to the Pacific Ocean.

"Patience, patience, patience, is what the sea teaches. Patience and faith.
One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach – waiting for a gift from the sea."

- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

norseman
16-06-2014, 01:04 PM
I spend hours here, just looking out to sea [ North Sea ]. I plan to greet the dawn this solstice from here.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Marsden/CNorseman20130063_zps72c5d191.jpg (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fs282.photobucket.com%2 Fuser%2Fnorseman_photo%2Fmedia%2FMarsden%2FCNorsem an20130063_zps72c5d191.jpg.html)

Empyrean
20-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Love the sea, love you for loving the sea. x

elisi
20-06-2014, 06:12 PM
when i lived in florida, i spent my youth surfing, basking, skiing, etc. i especially enjoed walking the beach on the gulf coast at sunset and waiting to catch a glimpse of the green flash. i love at night when you see the phosphorescent glow in the waves.

then i moved to arizona (don't worry, it's a dry heat) lol

i miss the water but we do have lakes, creeks, rivers that are just as beautiful.

i suspect most people find the waters calming and satisfying because we are remembering our origins?

12meadows
20-06-2014, 11:40 PM
When I am sitting at the beach I feel so utterly insignificant. It's wonderful. I love feeling so tiny next to something so vast and ever-changing. Well wishes guys. :)

Diana W
22-06-2014, 05:05 AM
There is something very soothing about the sound of the ocean. The ebb and flow of the tide. So regular. It's almost as if you're listening to the planet breathing.

Morpheus
23-06-2014, 07:20 PM
I come from a coastal area, and have always had appeal for the Ocean and Maritime lifestyle. The decor, and tools and equiptment needed for boating, sailing, and water traveling and transporation.

The Oceans and great lakes are like another world. Especially also, weather wise.

I've read about people who've been born with prehensil tails. I wonder if anyone was ever born with prehensil gills? Like the character in the movie, "Waterworld".

http://img172.imagevenue.com/loc375/th_541112403_aDaydream_122_375lo.jpg (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fimg172.imagevenue.com% 2Fimg.php%3Fimage%3D541112403_aDaydream_122_375lo. jpg)

Star Wolf Medicine Woman
12-10-2014, 10:10 PM
I am sure I have salt water in my veins... I have lived within 3 miles of the sea for nearly all of my life... I'm an 'On it, not in it' kind of gal.. I love to sail and fish too.. The sound of waves crashing on a beach, no matter where.. is white noise, so maybe that is why we find it so relaxing.

Swami Chihuahuananda
19-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Ocean dreams ....

Most of my half-dozen times to the sea have been to northern California.
3 times to Big Sur /Monterrey area, and once to Arcata.

Oh, and the Big Island of Hawaii.

Epic adventures, all of them . Hawaii is completely amazing and beautiful .
We went all over the island . Strangest thing was the western side of the island, the dry side , because it reminded us of home in the SW USA , with cactus , cattle, cowboys , the whole deal. We were NOT expecting that :D .
We took a helicopter ride over waterfalls on the north side, and went to the rain forest by Hilo , and then another heli over the volcano .

NoCal is not shabby at all, either :cool: . I remember this rocky beach by Arcata where the complex sounds of water on rocks was like the music of the spheres, the internal sound current, and endless array of tones and sounds.

Monterrey Bay Aquarium... once in a lifetime treat :smile:

baronesslucy
21-10-2014, 11:44 PM
I love the ocean and the sea. I live within an hour from the Atlantic Ocean. I love the smell of the ocean, it makes me feel alive. An old saying is that if you get Florida sand on you're feet, that you will never want to leave Florida.

12meadows
22-10-2014, 10:21 AM
So right Lucy, so right :)

linen53
22-10-2014, 12:39 PM
I grew up on the Pacific (NW) coast and I've lived in Texas close to Galveston. I've lived on the East Coast and went to the Atlantic ocean to play with my kids. And like Dar, I've been to Hawaii.

By far I love my home seas the best with the rough sea pounding into the rocks and the wind in my hair. Salt, wet salt stinging my nostrils.

And all the fresh seafood!

Now I live in Colorado and probably won't get back to the sea in this lifetime.

Faith33
22-10-2014, 06:18 PM
It's almost as if you're listening to the planet breathing.

Yes! Everytime I lay on the beach and become one with my surrounding, I feel as though I can actually hear the earth inhaling and exhaling! It's amazing.

The sea is very calming, but the ocean is fierce. It changes "moods" throughout the day...never stays the same. Growing up with the Atlantic Ocean at my feet, tasting the salt in the air, it's difficult living away from it all and especially in a mountain area!:icon_frown:

DesertRose
23-10-2014, 11:49 PM
I've been visiting it a lot more lately and still, I wish I could spend more time near it.
I love watching the waves lap over each other, watching the sun reflect on it, glimmering and glistening.. listen to the sound of the water, and the gulls.. gazing out to the seemingly endless horizon..

I feel such a deep affinity with the sea. I appreciate it so much.

Me too!

One day, I hope to live near the ocean..

Leonine
25-10-2014, 12:07 AM
Here we go - TEN HOURS of relaxing sea.... so we can all pretend we are living by it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqCQM8OM9dA

violathesiren
30-08-2022, 11:12 PM
I’m in love with the sea too, it’s primal mystery, it’s beauty, I feel so much better when I go to the sea. I dreamt I was a mermaid once.
I bought some sea oracle cards, one is called sea melodies the other sea soul journeys. I don’t use them, I just stare at the beautiful sea imagery. I also bought a book sea magic by Sandra Kynes, I recommend that too.