PDA

View Full Version : What causes pendulums to move?

Fetah
15-02-2014, 09:00 PM
My mother used to use pendulums to talk to spirits...but I've read that a pendulum is simply to get in touch with your guides or subconscious mind.

However, I have these two blown glass balls that I hung from a hook that consistently move in circles even though there is no draft.

They are near a ceiling vent however the vent is closed and the air is never on. I've even reached up to see if there was even a slight breeze or something coming out and there's nothing.

Besides, they're not always going in circles. Sometimes they're dead still, sometimes they vibrate, or move up/down or side to side.

I've noticed they usually go in tiny circles when I'm not really watching but when I focus on them the circles gradually get bigger and faster.

Maybe foolishly, my first reaction was that it was a deceased friend of mine. So, I messed around with them and while they were going in big circles, I asked him to please make them stop...and they slowed to a stop :confused2:

Intrigued, I decided to contact him directly.

I don't have a real pendulum, so I used an old necklace and a picture of him and asked questions. I would've thought that it was just slight movements of my hand, but after I asked a question, the "pendulum" would move for yes, no, or maybe for like 5 seconds and then fall to a stop. And I even asked questions I knew the answer to and the pendulum moved in the appropriate direction.

So what is this? Wishful thinking, or can dead people really move pendulums?

octavarium
03-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi Fetah
In my experience when I've used a pendulum, it is my own subconscious energy moving it for me. Most of the time not giving me answers I want to hear. Most people when they first obtain a pendulum test it out with questions they know the answers to already, it's natural curiosity :)

I've had a few pendulums and always found that a clear quartz works best for me (I find it the most honest). But again, that could be to do with my energies and how they react to the materials I'm using.

Another theory I've heard is that it's something to do with the way they're cut? Not sure about that one though.

I hope this helps!

Adrienne
03-03-2014, 02:53 PM
My mother used to use pendulums to talk to spirits...but I've read that a pendulum is simply to get in touch with your guides or subconscious mind.

Hello Fetah,

I have heard of people using pendulums to speak to spirits, deceased loved ones, their guides, their angels and their subconscious mind or Higher self... busy pendulums, lol ! :D

Very interesting post of yours. I had something similar happening with a little Buddha hanging from the rear view mirror. ( he wasn't hanging as in hanging :icon_eek:) but nicely suspended from the mirror. It was in a friend's vehicle, which on occasion I drove by myself. After several times noticing it swinging, when there was no reason to be doing so ... no draft, no motion from the vehicle, I decided to ask a few questions, as if it were a pendulum. So I did, and the Buddha was swinging in different directions, for the yes/no, and maybe answers. Very interesting I thought.

Like you, I would go with your first reaction ...as to your thinking it was a deceased friend of yours. :smile: Maybe they had been looking for a way to get your attention, and found one ! Very cool I think !

I would say try it again with your pendulum necklace :smile:
A crystal pendulum is nice, but one doesn't have to have a 'real' pendulum to get results.

Best wishes to you !
Dream Angel xx

yellow
08-03-2014, 09:12 AM
As Dream Angel says, try with the necklace again. Start with "asking" what a Yes looks like, then ask what a No looks like. If that works, away you go.

Having confirmed what a Yes and a No looks like, you could ask if this is your Spirit Guide, and see what you get.

I have had (so far) 100 percent consistency using just a gold chain with a gold globe. I had some doubts about it at first (I guess like everyone) but some of the answers were not what I was expecting, which seemed like proof to me.

Lilyth Von Gore
09-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Logically speaking, I would say the magnetic field. Like that game light as a feather, stiff as a board. It uses the magnetic field and manipulates it so your body becomes the same magnetic field as the surrounding area and thus repels.
Honestly though? I think it's a Higher being that moves them. There have been a few occasions where it's been a case of "find out for yourself", as the pendulum would not give me an answer. It was really irritating.

Belle
09-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I love this thread! I've had strange results with my pendulums - in other words - not helpful and as Lilyth Von Gore says - irritating!. But what causes them to move is beyond me but I do feel a force at work.