PDA

View Full Version : Shadow man...

prettypolly
28-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Last night while me and my husband we're getting ready to go to bed all was fine, husband went into the bedroom to get changed I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. As I started to close the bathroom door I heard the stairs creaking and saw my "husband" walk down the stairs in the dark. I thought he was checking to see the front door was locked. I walked into the bedroom and my husband was there getting changed. So my question is who on earth was the shadow man going down the stairs?

Thank you

pluralone
29-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Although I can't answer that question, I'd like to share a similar experience that I had a few years ago: I came home after dark one winter evening, and since there were no lights on in the house or on the porch, I figured I was the first one home. As I aimed my key toward the lock, however, the door swung open (I hadn't even touched it), and I saw my 'son' back away to let me in. Came in, talking to him all the while ("Oh hi -- didn't think anyone was home..."), but when I turned on the lights, I found I was alone in the house.

I think about how creepy that sounds, and I'm still a little puzzled that it didn't scare the heck out of me. I mean, 'odd' things have happened around me all my life, and it's only been in the last decade or so that I've started understanding any of it (and learned how to protect myself and my home, etc), so it's not so dang frightening now, but golly. All the hairs on the back of my neck will still stand straight up sometimes over much less. Shoot, I had to sleep with the light on one night just last week -- over nothing so solid as that dark visitor.

Anyway, I encountered that same entity several more times in the weeks that followed, and never once was startled or disconcerted by its presence, even when I was sitting on my bed and it came to sit next to me. It had weight, too; enough to make an impression in the bed. Even though the contact was fairly solid, there wasn't any significant communication; it just brought kind of a nice, friendly vibe into my home for a while, and then it moved on. Never did figure out who - or exactly what - it was; always had a human shape and its energy felt male, but that could have been just my brain's interpretation of the thing. Doesn't really tell me anything definitive.

Prettypolly, thanks so much for sharing this, and if you have any more encounters and/or figure out who your visitor was, please keep us posted. I am quite interested in hearing when others have this kind of experience. It's exciting (to me, anyway)!

Oh -- hmm. Just thinking out loud: I wonder, did you tell your husband about this? Might he have been thinking about going downstairs to check the door? If so... I still don't know. Just struck me as a good question.
heehee

prettypolly
29-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Yes I told my husband straight away what I saw as I was standing in the door way looking at him and turned back around to look at the stairs as I saw someone walk down it so he knew. He said he went downstairs to check on the door but obvously wasn't there when I saw him.

PS, thank you for your story as well. I've also had strange happenings all my life, especially in the house I gew up in, my first house and now this house. Within this house I smell my late mother in law often in our bedroom. I've had freshly clean ironed clothes on the floor (neatly) and had my daughters game thrown at us from the top kitchen cupboard when we we're both in the kitchen with out backs to it. The game landed at our feet.

Free_Spirit1983
29-01-2014, 12:54 PM
This may not be the case and I don't mean any offence if I am wrong, it's just a thought..

Poltergeist activity such as a game being thrown can well be an entity.. But another common reason for this is if a parent and child are going through emotional times (such as menapause/puberty) then this torrent of emotion has to be expressed somehow, it needs an outlet and can often come in the form of objects moving/being thrown.. very similar to poltergeist activity, in fact the 2 are indistinguishable..

Another reason for the happenings (again as well as it being an entity) is unspoken/suppressed emotions or skeletons in closets, things unsaid etc.. if we repress or suppress emotions and keep things bottled up they will find their own way out, take on a life of their own..

These things are worth having a good think about..

Kpastelle
29-01-2014, 01:00 PM
wait a while if you don't ever see it again, you will pretty much forget about it...if it does, maybe you will have a better idea as to what, who or why it is there.

LillyMoon
29-01-2014, 01:11 PM
I will come back to this thread later.

prettypolly
29-01-2014, 01:17 PM
This may not be the case and I don't mean any offence if I am wrong, it's just a thought..

Poltergeist activity such as a game being thrown can well be an entity.. But another common reason for this is if a parent and child are going through emotional times (such as menapause/puberty) then this torrent of emotion has to be expressed somehow, it needs an outlet and can often come in the form of objects moving/being thrown.. very similar to poltergeist activity, in fact the 2 are indistinguishable..

Another reason for the happenings (again as well as it being an entity) is unspoken/suppressed emotions or skeletons in closets, things unsaid etc.. if we repress or suppress emotions and keep things bottled up they will find their own way out, take on a life of their own..

These things are worth having a good think about..

Thank you for your comment Free Spirit. I can assure you though at the time of the game being thrown it wasn't in an agressive manner it was more of look at me, get your attention type thing and as soon as I acknowledged it, it stopped. Emotions in the house are happy and I wouldn't say there has been an real emotionl times.
There is many, many times and in the bedroom where it feels like little stones have been thrown at my sliding wardrobe and window. It can be loud at times or enough to get my attention, again I feel its there way of saying I'm here, look at me. I feel nothing negative from all this.

Emotions bottled up is something not to worry about in my house, if something is said it will always come out so no worries there.
I feel spirit often on my crown chakra, or I feel them stroking my hair or cheek but I know this to be my guide.
Maybe the 'shadow figure' maybe my guide?

prettypolly
29-01-2014, 01:17 PM
I will come back to this thread later.

Thank you, look forward to your input

pluralone
29-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Sounds like you might have several different things going on, yes?

I hope you continue to share your experiences. =-)

desert rat
30-01-2014, 01:05 AM
I dont know what that shadow man is , but lots of people have scene this . If you do a search you will find many posts on the shadow man, hear and on other new age/med. phy. forums . George Nory has discussed the shadow man on coast to coast . A few guesses would be a ghost , left over human energy , a thought form , an astral critter of some kind , some thing in another dim. Some form of life we know nothing about .

prettypolly
30-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks for replies all, I contacted a medium friend on the off chance and she believes it may be residual energy from the person who lived here last. My house has had two owners, them and us. The husband passed a few years before the wife (living) moved on. She believes hes unaware of us and living his life here. But it doesn't explain the paranormal experiences I've had, only happenes to me. It might be him or it might be another energy trying to get my attention.

Free_Spirit1983
30-01-2014, 12:34 PM
The residual energy your friend describes is similar to what I've found when doing house clearings, and sometimes in one to one healing sessions (I practice shamanic work)

What happens when a strong energy has been in one place it can take on a life of it's own so to speak, I had this once in a house clearing, the person who lived there was experiencing the bedroom door slamming quite violently, when she tried to close it the door was ripped open again..

What was found in this room was a very strong angry energy that had been left by a really angry guy who had lived there previously, it had taken on a life of it's own, it wasn't an entity.. so that could well be what the medium was describing..

The fact that the man died in the house and now seems to be showing up is a pretty good sign that he has passed away and either doesn't know how to move on or doesn't know he's dead.. This can happen when there are unresolved issues from life, things that are still weighing them down, or when someone dies whilst medicated or unexpectedly/suddenly..

Maybe the game being thrown and the noise on the wardrobe are his attempts to grab someones attention, a call for help! and it sounds like you've heard the call!!

Just my thoughts though x

Shine
31-01-2014, 12:53 AM
I, too have had a similar experience.

This shadow of a man who i assumed was hubby used to quickly walk passed the open bathroom door and and continue down the stairs to the basement. Sometimes he'd quickly pass the door of the laundryroom. Me, talking away to him thinking it was my hubby! Lol.

prettypolly
31-01-2014, 10:52 AM
The residual energy your friend describes is similar to what I've found when doing house clearings, and sometimes in one to one healing sessions (I practice shamanic work)

What happens when a strong energy has been in one place it can take on a life of it's own so to speak, I had this once in a house clearing, the person who lived there was experiencing the bedroom door slamming quite violently, when she tried to close it the door was ripped open again..

What was found in this room was a very strong angry energy that had been left by a really angry guy who had lived there previously, it had taken on a life of it's own, it wasn't an entity.. so that could well be what the medium was describing..

The fact that the man died in the house and now seems to be showing up is a pretty good sign that he has passed away and either doesn't know how to move on or doesn't know he's dead.. This can happen when there are unresolved issues from life, things that are still weighing them down, or when someone dies whilst medicated or unexpectedly/suddenly..

Maybe the game being thrown and the noise on the wardrobe are his attempts to grab someones attention, a call for help! and it sounds like you've heard the call!!

Just my thoughts though x

Her husband didn't pass away in the house, he had cancer and passed in hospital. My medium friend said he looks grumpy and doesn't seem aware that we're in this house as well. Yet I think to myself, how could he not know?
We've been here four years in August, when we first came to view the house I felt nothing at all here. Until a year after I started on my spiritual journey and this is where the activity happened. I never feel threatened or feel negative energy at all so I'm not worried and I feel the throwing of 'objects' (stones) and my daughters game was a look at what I can do and get my attention. It doesn't happen all the time, the stones happen the most but I cant see to communicate with him. I dont even know if the thowing of things is him as its the only time I've seen him so that must have took a lot of energy for him to do that?

Free_Spirit1983
31-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Her husband didn't pass away in the house, he had cancer and passed in hospital. My medium friend said he looks grumpy and doesn't seem aware that we're in this house as well. Yet I think to myself, how could he not know?
We've been here four years in August, when we first came to view the house I felt nothing at all here. Until a year after I started on my spiritual journey and this is where the activity happened. I never feel threatened or feel negative energy at all so I'm not worried and I feel the throwing of 'objects' (stones) and my daughters game was a look at what I can do and get my attention. It doesn't happen all the time, the stones happen the most but I cant see to communicate with him. I dont even know if the thowing of things is him as its the only time I've seen him so that must have took a lot of energy for him to do that?

It doesn't matter if the person died in the hospital, the house is where he lived and is familiar with so I'm guessing it's the place he would be if he is stuck between this dimension and the next xx