PDA

View Full Version : where to begin?

derelict_clown
24-01-2014, 08:17 PM
i was told divination was a good place to start with practicing magic because my moon and sun signs are water.

where do i begin with it recommendations are what im really looking for, like what has worked really well for you?

also because i feel like i require a tangible tool i have a tarot deck but i have one question about that...how do you pick which card represents you, like the first reading that was ever done for me i was told knight because of my age and mental/ spiritual development because page represents females usually.

so how do you decide?

Jenny Crow
24-01-2014, 08:39 PM
I know some people use a card to represent the Querant but I never do and I've been doing professional Tarot card reading for many years now.

And really, you need to understand what type of personality each court card represents. Kings and Queens are usually for more mature people, Knights for younger men, but don't the forget the Knight of Cups is very different than the Knight of Wands, for example.

If you want to start doing magic, start doing magic - do your research and read some books, it's certainly not necessary to learn divination first.....not unless you want to anyway....

derelict_clown
24-01-2014, 08:44 PM
well thats what i was because i have two water signs lol :p and with my friends thoth tarot i always end up with the prince of cups either as me as an influence or as my future :/....but i only know and can find massive ammounts of info on like the rider wight....however you spell it. not much on the prince of cups :/

derelict_clown
24-01-2014, 09:00 PM
oh and i know i dont have to learn it first its just im one of those really unfocused kids who want to do everything and so without some direction ill never get anywhere :p