PDA

View Full Version : benzodyazepines (relaxants) before tarot readings?

kindheart
02-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Hello there,
I have pills for anxiety (clonazepam.. kinda like xanax, vallium, ativan) that I take every once in a while when my anxiety gets too uncomfortable. I try to keep a healthier lifestyle, to meditate and to "tough out" the anxiety as much as I can, but sometimes it feels good to just get a "break" from working on me and my anxiety so much and it helps me calm down A LOT (maybe a bit too much). I take them maybe once a week at most usually, unless things are really hectic and feeling out of control.

I was wondering though what impact (if any) taking one before a tarot card reading would be if i'm the one receiving the reading from an experienced tarot reader (would it affect the cards/the accuracy and her interpretation)? What if I'm the one giving myself a reading after taking a pill for anxiety?

They calm my mind a lot, but make me mellow and a bit sleepy.
Trying to weigh the pros and cons of the effects of anxiety pills vs the effects of ++++ anxiety/mind chatter during a reading being received. :confused2:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and maybe personal experience? If you find it too personal (to share that you take anxiolytics) you can pm me also.

Oh, and Happy New Year! :hug3:

noxoid
03-01-2014, 01:53 AM
For the phsy body and to some extent your chakra system or spirit body its unhealthy but if ur anxiety is clinical then i assume its ok as a last resort. Its easy to develop dependency over time but taking it once a week i would not worry about that. They may cloud your mind if you feel in any way (doped up) but taking them will not obscure a reading from another person. The reader might know if this is a concern to u though..

Neville
03-01-2014, 02:01 AM
Oddly, Or possibly not, Most mediums access theta brain frequency to conduct their readings, which in itself is inherently a relaxed state, usually achieved through meditation and deep breaths.

I would not know about chemically induced relaxation but do think from my own experience that ideally one needs to be relaxed to facilitate non proximal hearing (channeling, as some foks call it)

LadyTerra
05-01-2014, 12:46 AM
Your Doctor has prescribed your medication to help you maintain the proper emotional balance your body requires--so (as long as you are following the dosage recommendations) you should be fine.

Only you can determine (on a case by case basis) if you are feeling well enough to give (or receive) a Reading--if you feel uncertain--then (perhaps) you might consider rescheduling the Reading for a time when you feel more at ease.:hug:

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

kindheart
05-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Thank you :)
I am very conscious of the side effects and potential addictive effects of benzodiazepines, and I like to do educated research on the medication I take before doing so. Like I said, I only take them on occasion, when I need a "break"... it helps me function much better and think more clearly.
I was getting a reading done this week (very wise, sweet lady... been going to her for years) and took a pill before going, as I am feeling very down and anxious these days, and wanted to be able to hear the messages well.

I almost feel like the reading was "too good to be true" (all seemed great, good things to come, success at work and in love), not much negativity at all besides my "wish" not necessarily coming true (which I'm ok with, as I'm not sure it's for my highest good anyway) and to put it aside for now, and also to make sure to focus on my studies before anything else (which makes a lot of sense).

I therefore wonder if the reading was accurate, or rather "fluffed up" by my good vibrations at the moment, caused by my very relaxed state? (I wasn't "high", very functional, but very relaxed). I also want to note that this reader is not one to beat around the bush... she doesn't tell you only what she thinks you wanna hear. She tells things how she sees them to be, but delivers the "bad" messages in a positive, constructive way, which I love about her.

LadyTerra
05-01-2014, 11:40 AM
IMHO...you seem lucid and rational and you have trusted this Spiritual Counselor for quite some time (now).

It seems to me that you might consider taking a deep breath--then releasing it--and adopting the wait and see posture. You may find (over time) that the pendulum has swung back in the other direction and it is just your turn to receive some smooth sailing and bright blessings.:wink:

Peace and Love on your new adventure...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra

kindheart
06-01-2014, 02:38 AM
Thank you so much, LadyTerra... It's a nice thought, and I'll try to follow your advice :)

Much love :)

12meadows
06-01-2014, 07:04 PM
I think that a reading is based on the bigger picture. your medication once a week or otherwise is part of your bigger picture. I also think that Lady Terra is right- relax, maybe it is time for some smooth sailing. be positive! I wish you well :)