PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated over TV shows of ghost hunting

SeekerOfSpirit
08-12-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't quite understand why these people on TV are there harassing these spirits(who were people) just to get them to react and "document" their presence. I feel like some of these ghost hunters are disrespectful and they are being a bully to these confused spirits. Many of these spirits need help, not proof they exist.

I sure hope these guys are trying to help these spirits find peace behind the scenes. However, some of these ghost hunters are out of line. It's heartbreaking to watch. I personally don't like being bullied myself.

I also am aware that there is staging going on and the producers of some of these shows like the drama aspect of it.

Wandering Soul
16-12-2013, 01:31 AM
If you haven't realized it yet television is a controlled sector of our culture. Ghost hunters are on t.v making themselves look ridiculous so the majority of people think they are just idiots and ghosts aren't real.

wstein
16-12-2013, 03:21 AM
I don't quite understand why these people on TV are there harassing these spirits(who were people) just to get them to react and "document" their presence. I feel like some of these ghost hunters are disrespectful and they are being a bully to these confused spirits. Many of these spirits need help, not proof they exist.

I sure hope these guys are trying to help these spirits find peace behind the scenes. However, some of these ghost hunters are out of line. It's heartbreaking to watch. I personally don't like being bullied myself.

I also am aware that there is staging going on and the producers of some of these shows like the drama aspect of it. Yes, many of the ghost hunter TV shows are not well intentioned. And yet you are suggesting more interference through "helping them find peace". Many ghosts/spirits are not trapped and are already fine without your "help".

Also, look at the bigger picture. If it can be established how to communicate with ghosts, many more can be "helped" or otherwise interact with the living.

katyking
01-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Those 'ghost hunter' type shows on TV do draw an audience for sure.
One of the positive spin offs since TV began airing them has been that some people have gleaned an interest in 'our' sorts of things and then come along to visit our Spiritualist churches to find out more.

Belle
01-01-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm inclined to agree with the OP. It's disrespectful to the poor spirits who may need help rather than to be held up as cheap entertainment, heavily worked for sensationalism. It's great that more people are drawn into spiritualism but there must be a better way.

Lynn
01-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Hello

From anything that is on TV we have to remember its there to "draw" an audience, we are that audience. While many of them seem to 'provoke" and as a Medium I so worry on their personal safety at times, I too know that they have lessons to learn in life's path as well.

Having been a part of investigations from time to time, I know well that the human EGO and the human need to prove things can be a huge driving force for many. That does not mean that its wrong. We have to remember that those in "Spirit" too have that free will state as well to choose to interact and be heard or seen.

What happens at times is it bridges the gap for them to find a path to a Medium that can and will help them finish that path of crossing. So in that respect the TV show is a positive tool for assistance. It too is a good learning basis for better understandings of one's that are like me that 'see' dead people.

Those whom provoke will learn in time the lessons needed to be learned. Its not about learning at times what is real or not real its about learning more about themselves.

I have to laugh though about "night" investigations...the only advantage to night is that the city life around for the most part is a sleep, nothing more. Spirits do not work on night and day as we do in the physical living realms. Its just more fun to be scared in the dark is all. Better ratings.

Lynn

desert rat
02-01-2014, 03:59 AM
I think some of the "ghost hunters " do try to help the ghosts . When I had cox cable I watched the ghost hunters , and most haunted . As I remember one of the ghost hunters crew would try and help a ghost if they could . I remember on most haunter them finding a ghost that was the wife of the camera man in a past life . They were married in the 15, or 1600s . I think a lot of them are more interested in just making a tv show tho.
http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_Haunted

Niebla0007
02-01-2014, 10:20 AM
I am inclined to agree most of the shows are just ridiculous.
Whether the hauntings they feature already happened or are still happening,
the shows still need to be staged,
so I'd expect most of their contents as only fabricated during the makings.
Talking about taking them for being real then.

desert rat
02-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I remember one ghost hunter show where they got an e.v.p. of little kids saying they dont want us hear . When the home owner heard the e.v.p. she was some what upset hearing that her ghosts were little kids . They may of made some effort to help the ghosts .

jenriggs
03-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Like ghost adventures, they would taunt the ghosts that had caused physical harm to humans, or were evil. I haven't heard of any other shows that did the same thing as them, but I do get your point.

Simon_Templar
03-01-2014, 09:53 PM
ghosts aren't evil jenriggs, they're only crossing all the absolutes in a sublime/harsh reality that crosses into ours.imho

butterfly1111
19-01-2014, 04:42 AM
I can not even watch those shows any longer. They exploit spirits. However, it seems there are spirits also willing to partake in the show. I can only hope these shows help enlighten people to the fact there is life after life. Believing that the other side even exists opens people to a different way of thinking. I

desert rat
19-01-2014, 05:31 PM
I liked watching most haunted when I had cable t.v. I have not scene the show for a few years now , I dont think its on the air now . After watching this video clip a few years ago I came to realize the show was just for fun . Caution it contains adult theams .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8H_v8cM9CQ