PDA

View Full Version : Why

Saggi
27-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Is divination surrounded by myth and hype about evil spirits, bad things happening, negativity?

Is it just superstitious clap trap or is it actually proven?

Just wondering,,, :D

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Michael29
27-11-2013, 11:15 PM
I believe its all supersticious clap trap as you put it.. like many other supersticious stuff like the number 13 being bad luck (hey i was born on the 13th!) also silly things like never leave an umbrella up and walk into your home.. seriously who makes this stuff up exactly? lol.

Saggi
27-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Where does it come from though?

Is it a fear thing and why has it stuck and become a conditioning?

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Pamuya
06-12-2013, 01:43 AM
I have been reading for decades and have never had any dealings with any spirits or demons. Most of the people who I personally have come across who feel there is evil envolved in tarot are over zealous religious people. Anything people don't understand is considered evil. I am not saying evil does not exsist in tarot, it just has not been my experience.

Jenny Crow
06-12-2013, 04:19 AM
I must say I agree with Pamuya!

CrystalSong
10-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Divination was done by practically everyone, to find food, water, minerals, a good place to build a house - Everything.
However lords, dukes, principalities and so on didn't like the competition, they preferred instead to sell their own peoples talents for finding say water and then tax the surf for that service and then again for digging the well.
Surfs couldn't afford all that and so didn't hire the lords or dukes dowsing man. This wasn't appreciated and so it became out-lawed to have any form of divination device, even a stick leaning against the house was considered a divining devices and punishments we charged.

The Catholic church didn't like people using cards, runes, dice,bones, divination devises either because they couldn't get congregations when people could answer their own questions via the Hidden Realms. The churches didn't have much power when people didn't need them to connect to God for them.

Both the Major land holders and the churches saw the general population as a gold mine that was resisting being mined for money. So the church and landholders became comfortable bed fellows and lined up their respective desires easily. When the landholders (lords/dukes etc) came to the church to have divination declared a sin and device of the devil so that they could tax the surfs/pheasants the church easily agreed to claim it a sin and said 'back us up on all forms of divination and help us enforce it as law of the land and of God and we'll get rich together. (Paraphrasing of course, research it though, this is how it went down)

So all forms of divination eventually got outlawed and made a sin, peasants and surfs became increasingly dependent on the land owners for all manner of basic necessities and were taxed and dependent on the church for word of the Divine as their access got a middle man in it.

Over the course of a few generations these forms became so demonized that great superstition developed around them, and at it's height of demonetization we had the Dark Ages and Inquisition.
We carry a fear now of all forms of divination in us, not only as ancestral fear from extreme persecution from it via the church and law makers, but because we've been taught to fear it because we are easier to control when our freedoms are stripped away and we are dependent on middle men to access knowledge for us.

The church has kept this well fed for generations and grown very rich coffers indeed as it is they now who set the moral law, offer counseling and prayers and so on. Meanwhile landholders have morphed into banks, insurance institutions, doctors (we used to use Healers) goverments, military complexes and so on, and still we surfs are kept blind of our own innate abilities and kept from our own powers and fed dependence and charged and taxed for it.

campingfriends
12-12-2013, 06:28 PM
not worth the risk

Pamuya
12-12-2013, 06:43 PM
not worth the risk
The risk of what?

CrystalSong
12-12-2013, 10:08 PM
not worth the risk

What makes you think there is risk?
Is this response based on what other people believe or first hand information in which you yourself were personally involved?
These days I find believing in other peoples beliefs to be the risk. :icon_eek:

keith95843
12-12-2013, 11:38 PM
I felt this way for a long time for me most of it stems from seeing spirits and not likeing it. Now I now it as a tool. so ingnorance would be my answer

Jenny Crow
13-12-2013, 04:58 AM
What makes you think there is risk?
Is this response based on what other people believe or first hand information in which you yourself were personally involved?
These days I find believing in other peoples beliefs to be the risk. :icon_eek:

Exactly! Well said.

norseman
13-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Everyone needs to double-think what they think they know. There is/was a lot of "black propaganda" put out by both sides across the centuries. Certainly, the Cunning Folk were experts at that, especially those who "hid in plain sight" as priests.

Smiler
13-12-2013, 11:42 AM
How can one say what the truth is for each individual ~ different paths, different gifts ( as in spiritual gifts)~ different exchanges.

What is "Rot or Made up fearing mongering " To one person / group of people ..May be the truth to another individual or group.

We help each other with what we have~ Or we sit on our butts and chat ( see a difference lol )

We are not identical as humans ..we are individuals . So lets not box anything.

Love & Light
: