PDA

View Full Version : what are fimiliar spirits? what do you think?

Dillon
26-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Spirits have been here on earth for a very long time, they have seen many people live and die and know everything about people who have lived in the past.

So when a spirit says, He is your borther Joe, could it be a fimiliar spirit who has seen Joe's life because they live so long. It has personal first hand knowledge of Joe, but is not Joe and is just fooling people who are grieving lost loved ones?

A "familiar spirit" is a demon. It is defined as "a spirit or demon that serves or prompts an individual" (Merriam Webster’s 7th New Collegiate Dictionary). Demons serve or prompt people to do evil, and to go against the commands of God. There are several references in the Bible to "familiar spirits," and they are all in a bad sense.

The word "familiar" seems to be added to the word "spirit" because the person in mind seems to have had contact with that spirit or demon previously; hence that person is "familiar" with that demon.

What do you think? Is this possible? Are we fooled by spirit guides?

WhiteWarrior
26-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Every dictionary thinks that because it wrote a definition of something, the last word about it has been said. This is pretty much why noone buys dictionaries any more.

Spirit guides are not demons. I cannot guarantee that there are not a single demon working in the role as spirit guide, but I have not met a demon spirit guide so far in the 100+ cases I have had. I HAVE occasionally met negative entities pretending to be someone's guide, although they were not worthy of a title that powerful. When they were eventually banished the real guide usually showed up afterwards. On the other hand I have at times found angels working in the role as spirit guides, which make the whole claim that 'spirit guides are demons' rather ludicrous.

I have heard the term 'familiar' about some spirits. Usually as some kind of man-made energy construct, serving in a crude servant or pet role. Considering that spirit guides definitely do not take orders, this too becomes a wrong label.

Dillon
27-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Spirit guides are not demons. I cannot guarantee that there are not a single demon working in the role as spirit guide, but I have not met a demon spirit guide so far in the 100+ cases I have had. I HAVE occasionally met negative entities pretending to be someone's guide, although they were not worthy of a title that powerful. When they were eventually banished the real guide usually showed up afterwards. 'spirit guides are demons' rather ludicrous..

Are demons evil ? Could negitive energies be evil ?

Is this an example of how to banish a spirit guide?

As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her boss much gain by fortune-tellings. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.

Jenny Crow
27-11-2013, 06:00 AM
[QUOTE=Dillon]
A "familiar spirit" is a demon. It is defined as "a spirit or demon that serves or prompts an individual" (Merriam Webster’s 7th New Collegiate Dictionary). Demons serve or prompt people to do evil, and to go against the commands of God. There are several references in the Bible to "familiar spirits," and they are all in a bad sense./QUOTE]

Sometimes a familiar is thought of as a demon by people who don't understand what a familiar spirit really is.

I agree with WhiteWarrior on this.

A familiar spirit (often referred to as simply a familiar) is an entity that helps a Witch and also can be a protector. It often appears as an animal but can sometimes be seen as a human figure.

Perhaps the bible does give reference to familiar spirits in a 'bad' sense (whatever that means) but then the bible would, wouldn't it.

Dillon
27-11-2013, 06:26 AM
[QUOTE=Dillon]

A familiar spirit (often referred to as simply a familiar) is an entity that helps a Witch and also can be a protector. It often appears as an animal but can sometimes be seen as a human figure.

Would you like to be Filled with Power by the Holy Spirit?

WhiteWarrior
27-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Are demons evil ? Could negitive energies be evil ?

Is this an example of how to banish a spirit guide?

As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her boss much gain by fortune-tellings. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.

Demons, the kind I have met, are evil. That does not mean that everything labeled demon is actually evil, nor does it mean that evil is always a demon. I am aware of a great many living people who do or have done evil deeds, for their own enjoyment or while hiding under a righteous banner. No demon I ever met could be worse than a man with a smirk and a weapon in his hand.

As for your bible quote, and please mark such quotes with the name of the source you get them from, I agree that it was a banishment of a spirit that had taken hold of the woman in question or rather her body and mind. Spirit guides will not do this unless it is a moment of lethal danger for their charge, and then only if the connection between guide and charge is good enough to allow it. Banishments will work if the banisher is strong of intent and energy and the targeted spirit is not too strong. I think we can agree that Paul was an exceptional individual in those areas.

Dillon
27-11-2013, 04:13 PM
I think we can agree that Jesus Christ was an exceptional individual in those areas.

WhiteWarrior, You are called to be a Warrior of the Glorious Light of the Lord Jesus Christ.

All your sins have been forgiven, past, present and future. What will you do with that Freedom?

Michael29
27-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Light cannot exist without dark, humans are mere tools that are used by light and dark so that an unbalance doesnt happen. As for guides being demonic, it depends on that persons role in life, it is there choice by free will alone that leads them places in life, not the will of the guide.

Dillon
27-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Light cannot exist without dark, .

Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Saggi
27-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Light casts a shadow,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Jenny Crow
28-11-2013, 05:10 AM
[QUOTE=Jenny Crow]

Would you like to be Filled with Power by the Holy Spirit?

No thank you!

norseman
28-11-2013, 11:40 AM
"Holy Spirit" - that would be part of the Triple God worshipped in pagan religions, would it ?

Dillon
29-11-2013, 03:43 AM
"Holy Spirit" - that would be part of the Triple God worshipped in pagan religions, would it ?

The Holy Spirit is like a fire in at least three ways: He brings God’s presence, God’s passion, and God’s purity. The Holy Spirit is the presence of God as He indwells the heart of the believer. The Bible describes God as “a consuming fire”, so it is not surprising that fire often appears as a symbol of God’s presence. Examples include the burning bush, the Shekinah glory, and Ezekiel’s vision. Fire has many times been an instrument of God’s judgment and a sign of His power.

the Triple god(dess) is by nature unHoly

Actually, we are spiritual beings having a "virtual experience" in a cosmic holographic computer simulation.

Jenny Crow
29-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Actually the Triple Goddess IS holy. The origin of the word holy is 'whole' and the Goddess is nothing if not whole.

From your posts I am led to believe that you are a Christian, and as such, I would conclude that you have no true understanding of the pagan deities, and so I feel that it is out of place for you to judge and say that the pagan Goddess is unholy.

The Goddess is the great feminine spirit of nature, the divine soul within and beyond the body of Nature, within and beyond all worlds - Quote from "The Witching Way of the Hollow Hill"

norseman
29-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Spot on Jenny [as usual :hug2:]. Dillon, it is clear to me that you don't understand christianity either. Think on this - a triple deity, worshipping "graven idols", ritual high magic ceremonials, arcane instruments and vestments, symbolic cannibalism - what am I talking about ? Why, the catholic church of course - pagan to the absolute core !
Just so there is no doubt in your mind, I am a formally dedicated servant of Gaia, Mother Earth. :smile:

Dillon
29-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Actually the Triple Goddess IS holy. The origin of the word holy is 'whole' and the Goddess is nothing if not whole.

I have never read or heard anywhere that the triple goddess is holy?

judgement means

the act or process of forming an opinion or making a decision after careful thought
the ability to make good decisions about what should be done

SpiritCarrier
29-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Dillon, Do you believe that God Almighty exist in the Trinty?

Dillon
29-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Spot on Jenny [as usual :hug2:]. I am a formally dedicated servant of Gaia, Mother Earth. :smile:

Glad to see that, I have never read or heard anywhere that Gaia is holy, either?

Dillon
29-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Dillon, Do you believe that God Almighty exist in the Trinty?

The HOLY Trinity.

Free_Spirit1983
29-11-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm with White Warrior!

Stop the scare mongering.. It's just your shadow :)

SpiritCarrier
29-11-2013, 01:10 PM
The HOLY Trinity.

The HOLY Trinity is still a trinity.

First of all the Holy Spirit is not a person as the trinity says. How could anyone be filled with a person. It is impossible.

Secondly the SON, is not the same as the FATHER. The Son is just that a son. Jesus Christ was sent to the earth to martyr his human life for the sins of mankind, in effect his perfect human life bought back exactly what Adam lost. Adam had a perfect human life until he choose to sin. Jesus Christ even said, "The Father is greater than I am" John 14:28. That same scripture says that Jesus was going his way to the Father, if they were the same then who would he be going to?

The Holy Spirit? it is Gods active force, the force he uses to help people. Notice what John 20:22 says, "He blew upon them and said to them: 'Receive holy spirit'" If the holy spirit were a third member of the trinity then how could it be used in such a way? It couldn't. Jesus never said be filled with me, or be filled with the father, he always said be filled with holy spirit. You can become filled with God's Active Force, the force he uses to help people.

So if you believe in the HOLY Trinity then you believe in a pagan teaching. Christianity, as we know it today, adopted many pagan teachings to convert the heathens.

Dillon
29-11-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm with White Warrior!

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love and a sound mind.

Dillon
29-11-2013, 01:25 PM
The HOLY Trinity is still a trinity.

First of all the Holy Spirit is not a person as the trinity says. How could anyone be filled with a person. It is impossible.

Secondly the SON, is not the same as the FATHER.

Jesus said, if you have seen Him, you have seen the father.

SpiritCarrier
29-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Jesus said, if you have seen Him, you have seen the father.

Yes because he was a representation of his father. He was his fathers son. Just like when a son looks and acts like his father some people say you are the spitting image of your father.

Jenny Crow
30-11-2013, 04:51 AM
I'm with White Warrior!

Scaremongering?????

norseman
30-11-2013, 08:43 AM
Glad to see that, I have never read or heard anywhere that Gaia is holy, either?

Where did I use the word "holy" ?
Gaia [Mother Earth] has been worshiped by mankind since we walked out of Africa and probably before that. Carved idols of the "Great Mother" have been found all over Europe dating back to the last ice-age.
Think about this logically, Dillon. Your physical body comes from Gaia, as does the energy which animates your body. After death, all returns to Gaia for "recycling". The air you breathe, the water you drink, the food you eat - all come from Gaia. You can see Her, touch Her, taste Her - She is real, not some pie-in-the-sky notion.
Mankind was developed on the world for one purpose - to act as "curators" of the planet and everything that walks, swims, and flies. WE, as a species, are a total failure in those respects.
I suggest that you read up on Lovelock's principles.

Dillon
30-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Gaia [Mother Earth] Dillon. Your physical body comes from Gaia, as does the energy which animates your body. After death, all returns to Gaia for "recycling".
Mankind was developed on the world for one purpose - to act as "curators" of the planet and everything that walks, swims, and flies. WE, as a species, are a total failure in those respects.

I will raise from death and my physical body will be changed into a heavenly one.

Mankind was created to whorship and have friendship with the Jesus Christ, the Great I am.

My Home is in Heaven, I am just a visitor on earth. I am here to learn how to love God and People.

The last time the earth was recycled was in the Great flood of Noah's time when God cleaned the whole earth with water to remove all the pollution cause by mankind.

God knows what he is doing and how to clean and recycle the earth when its needed.

Jenny Crow
01-12-2013, 04:49 AM
Dillon, instead of just quoting a book, why don't you say what YOU think, what YOUR thoughts are. The book you're quoting from has been written and rewritten a hundred times, it's not the be-all and end-all. If we want to read the bible, we will.

Jenny Crow
01-12-2013, 05:01 AM
Mankind was created to whorship and have friendship with the Jesus Christ, the Great I am.

If mankind was created to have friendship with Jesus why was mankind created over 100,000 years before Jesus arrived here on earth?

Free_Spirit1983
02-12-2013, 12:37 PM
The last time the earth was recycled was in the Great flood of Noah's time when God cleaned the whole earth with water to remove all the pollution cause by mankind.

God knows what he is doing and how to clean and recycle the earth when its needed.

The Earth is being recycled constantly.. I think what Norse man is getting at is the natural cycle of life, death, rebirth.. Once our physical bodies wear down and we come to the end of this human lifespan our atoms are taken back to the earth, mulched and they take on the form of new life..

The atoms that make up our physical bodies are the very same atoms that saw the creation of the universe, recycled over and over again

The Earth is a living organism just like the atoms in our bodies make up cells, cells make up tissues, tissues make organs, organs make up people etc etc, basic scaler reality.. all these things in their simplest form is atoms..

Now I believe in a higher intelligence - the power that makes these atoms vibrate at different frequencies to give us solid, liquid & gas - but because of the variation in frequency/density it give us the illusion of separateness.. Truth is the space between you and me is the same substance as our physical selves..

So that higher intelligence (or God) isn't something separate from us

Everything in the universe is one

So I honour the Earth, the gaia, the pachamama, mother earth, whatever you prefer to call it and everything else in the universe as it's all me and I am it..

Everything is weaved together like a beautiful tappestry and we're all bound by love, the life force of the universe :)

Namaste x