PDA

View Full Version : guided or mislead?

Lostboy
08-11-2010, 10:22 PM
If weird things started happening to you and it was if somethign was trying to show you things about reality that were disturbing you, how would you deal with it?

I've been experiencing things which have changed my perspective on reality in a way I don't really like. It was so many endless spooky coincidences that I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Lemur
09-11-2010, 12:28 AM
just remember that everything is inherently 'good' all energy for the most part is flowing in the same direction, and most everything you could possibly fathom even metaphorically with the human processor(brain) has already been accounted for. They're is only good, and ignorance. The 'evil' are simply ignorant, wishing to procrastinate or put off uncomfortable growth and realization. Things might seem disturbing because they are surprising and new, but there is little to truly fear in existence, only 'hardship' to endure and grow from as a soul...endure, learn, experience, and grow...and remember to continue to go with the flow.

Xan
09-11-2010, 01:06 AM
If weird things started happening to you and it was if somethign was trying to show you things about reality that were disturbing you, how would you deal with it?

I've been experiencing things which have changed my perspective on reality in a way I don't really like. It was so many endless spooky coincidences that I'm not sure *** to think anymore.

***... I would take the hint that my spiritual awakening has begun and learn how to meditate, and how to release and heal the negativity in my mind.

Xan

Miss Hepburn
09-11-2010, 03:40 PM

I've been experiencing things which have changed my perspective on reality in a way I don't really like. It was so many endless spooky coincidences that I'm not sure *** to think anymore.

What Xan said.

But could you explain what "weird things" happened to you?
What kind of "things about reality" - may I ask were disturbing?

I have an inherent and studied knowledge that all things work for the good and that the Lord wants only the very best for us.

It certainly helps to have that deep foundation - say, if something "weird" happens to me - I know it is all "ok"; firmly and deeply - "ok".

Take care,
:smile: Miss Hepburn

sunny shine
09-11-2010, 03:46 PM
i can understand what you are saying; i believe we might not like to be guided to see things negatively, but if you find that disturbing, ask you guides to stop. I did.

But like as Xan pointed out, it might be the reflection of negativity inside us, choose to remain positive, like attracts like.

Perspective
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM

What is disturbing you? Is it just the idea of body-less spirits hanging around...
or is it the spirit or feeling they bring?
I was taught & still believe that the spirit world is all around us... so sensing someone who's passed on isn't much more strange than sensing someone who is still physically alive. Similar to relationships, spirits only affect you to the degree that you "relate" (joy, fear...) to them.

I've sensed spirits at times - mostly in a positive or neutral way.
Once, when I was a teen, I experienced a very strong negative spirit & it really upset & scared me... I hugged scripture book (BofM - like bible) & felt better. I know that sounds kindof silly, but - because I believed in the goodness & protective power of the scripture, that belief helped me.

This also reminds me of how we need illusions - they are both productive & counter-productive parts of our existence... & we need to balance thought, feeling & experience as we learn. As mentioned, meditation/prayer or asserting your desire to have them chill out - will likely help.
I hope & believe you'll work this out.

sunny shine
10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
well i have a question in this context, if GOD felt a need for us to see things this way wouldnt it be more visible for us. perhaps there is a reason why this is hidden from us, sometimes i am left with a feeling why dig it?

Perspective
11-11-2010, 06:02 PM
well i have a question in this context, if GOD felt a need for us to see things this way wouldnt it be more visible for us. perhaps there is a reason why this is hidden from us, sometimes i am left with a feeling why dig it? That's a good point, Sunny Shine. Maybe we have enough to sort out in life! lol
I've been thinking about how loaded my life is with illusions... it's been kind of sad & makes me feel silly, to realize. Sometimes, I wonder what is real? There are illusions that help & illusions that hurt... Either way, they have a real affect on us.

Chai
11-11-2010, 09:35 PM
***man, I am a tender 43, at the turn of 17/18 years old I went through a month of bizarre and weird experiences an acquaintance suggested I went to see someone, this led onto an interesting journey that just keeps going.

I would go for the suggestion of sharing what is happening, from some of the forums I have read so far, there is a really good mix of people, with varied knowledge and all willing to help.

Chai

Lostboy
12-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Well... it's the numbers to start with. I never noticed any patterns in my life until I read of others talking about those friggin numbers like multiples of 111 and sequentials such as 123,234,321,etc. After a while I was noticing that I was doing things at such times such as waking up, changing what I was doing when confused, etc.

Now it's like i'm constantly seeing stuff that suggests something evil is tormenting me. Like the other day a magpie landed on the screen of my window flapping it's wings a lot right. Then later I look up magpie spirit guy to see what it would say and the first thing I see is it's seen as an ill-omen in the west and has to do with witches or something :icon_frown:

It's so weird and depressing. It's to the point where I look at things and start getting stupid ideas like it's wrong to eat certain foods and stuff. It's just very unpleasant and I don't know how to make it stop.

Oh and i won't be posting on this nickname again as I've been requested to change it and i don't see an option for that...

Kaere
12-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Well... it's the numbers to start with. I never noticed any patterns in my life until I read of others talking about those friggin numbers like multiples of 111 and sequentials such as 123,234,321,etc. After a while I was noticing that I was doing things at such times such as waking up, changing what I was doing when confused, etc.

Now it's like i'm constantly seeing stuff that suggests something evil is tormenting me. Like the other day a magpie landed on the screen of my window flapping it's wings a lot right. Then later I look up magpie spirit guy to see what it would say and the first thing I see is it's seen as an ill-omen in the west and has to do with witches or something :icon_frown:

It's so weird and depressing. It's to the point where I look at things and start getting stupid ideas like it's wrong to eat certain foods and stuff. It's just very unpleasant and I don't know how to make it stop.

Oh and i won't be posting on this nickname again as I've been requested to change it and i don't see an option for that...

Firstly, magpies don't always mean an ill-omen, here in western canada they're just a bird like any other.

For the name change, please send me a pm - only an administrator can change your name.

Perspective
12-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Now it's like i'm constantly seeing stuff that suggests something evil is tormenting me. Who is suggesting it? You are! Everything is processed through that noggen (mind/brain) of yours! You've got the power, my friend!
It's so weird and depressing. It's to the point where I look at things and start getting stupid ideas like it's wrong to eat certain foods and stuff. It's just very unpleasant and I don't know how to make it stop. It sounds like "magical" or superstitious thinking. I used to do this a lot - & still do occasionally. It's usually when I'm really worried or scared about something & (IMO) it's a way to feel more in control. I used to feel so stressed that I finally made up a superstition to end the superstitions... If I did any more superstitions then whatever I was trying to avoid would happen. It helped, but what helped most is realizing I'm only in control of myself - & to be in control of myself, I need to be aware of my thoughts & feelings & live mindfully, by practicing some type of meditation.

Do you feel a lot of shame? Maybe if you thought & felt through (meditated) - about this, you could find a way to peace.
Oh and i won't be posting on this nickname again as I've been requested to change it and i don't see an option for that... lol I actually think your name is funny. :smile: It's a name that can apply to us all - since I'm realizing how illusional we all are... yet little by little, we learn & with each illusion uncovered, we think, something like ***... translated as... "What the flooks"! lol :D ;)

Rumar
12-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Don't just immediately assume you're getting things from an "evil" entity. That's just going to slow you down on your progress. Can you explain more thoroughly what exactly you're seeing? I had a friend who had to watch endless amounts of suffering to open his mind up more and have him accept what beliefs and mindsets exist out there, how to confront it properly, and so on.

Lostboy
13-11-2010, 05:51 AM
I assumed it's evil because it's like I can't stop myself from doing things around all these stupid numbers like forums posting, online games etc.. It's like I have some kind of mental disorder too since reading about the numbers and then seeing them all the time where I keep thinking everything I read is about me. I keep changing where i read stuff but it doesn't stop.

John32241
13-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I assumed it's evil because it's like I can't stop myself from doing things around all these stupid numbers like forums posting, online games etc.. It's like I have some kind of mental disorder too since reading about the numbers and then seeing them all the time where I keep thinking everything I read is about me. I keep changing where i read stuff but it doesn't stop.

Keep in mind that we live in a culture where we have been conditioned to think and feel that anything we do not understand is evil.

This way of reacting to new information is designed to disable your clear thought process.

There are good explanations for those who can shift their mindset from a fear based perspective to a love based perception.

If you are inclined to evaluate new information, with that revised mindset, I can direct you to some things that could be helpful.

John

Lostboy
13-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Where are all the people like me? :(

Perspective
13-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Where are all the people like me? :( I hope you don't feel alone... or like you're the only one who's experienced things this way. No doubt there are others like you...
You mentioned an obsession with numbers & patterns... Maybe "obsessive compulsive disorder"? I know many people with this... just with different obsessions.
Remember, we are all alike more than we're different... it just depends on what you focus on. :hug2: (Giving myself advice as well :smile:)

Lostboy
14-11-2010, 10:17 AM
I've become so paranoid I feel like I'm being set up for something horrible. Perhaps it's time to finally go get some meds and a counsellor :(

John32241
14-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Where are all the people like me? :(

Many of them are in this group.

http://www.postsecretcommunity.com/chat/

However if your desire is to become more functional, I would suggest this group.

Best Wishes!!

John

Summerland
14-11-2010, 03:04 PM

You can look at this different ways, depending which direction that you wish to take, Lostboy. Magpies might mean different things in different cultures. There are many different associations with the owl, which I identify with. All of the spectrum from harbinger of death to wisdom and far-seeing. Perhaps you are seeing a spookiness in the coincidence of the numbers that you could be misinterpreting. Perhaps the sequence is nothing more than a preparation, as in "here we go, 1,2,3" or a countdown in reverse. Maybe it is a training exercise to train you to see sychronicites around you, to have you be more alert to the world around you and how everything is connected. Look at the opposite pole and see what you can find good about all of these "coincidences"

Perspective
14-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I've become so paranoid I feel like I'm being set up for something horrible. Perhaps it's time to finally go get some meds and a counsellor :( Relax... You are not being set up for anything bad...
On the contrary, it may be something really good, or it could be nothing at all - just your imagination.

I've had some strange experiences too. Once, my ex-boyfriend & I could have been killed by a gang. They were basically beating him up, as I tried in vain, to stop them. Then the police came & scared them away. We drove toward my house & on this street sign was an owl. I still don't know how to interpret that - but the way I look at it is a way of comfort - to say "you're being looked out for" because it seemed that way.

Another time, I was driving home & after a while, it became obvious that a guy was following me. I stopped to let him pass, which he did, then he stopped & backed up. I rolled my window half way down & out of nowhere this cat jumped through the window & sat on my lap, looking ahead, as if he were ready to either attack or drive the car. :smile: The guy wanted to sell me drugs, I declined & he left. But I felt that cat was there looking out for me somehow.

My point is... I do believe in spiritual guidance - but it's up to us to interpret it. Have hope & faith that everything is & will be just fine... because it will be. :hug2:

Maybe seeing a counsellor & getting on some meds may be good, temporarily. But I wouldn't suggest relying on that for the long term.

Here's an "Anti-anxiety meditation" that might help. I hope & pray you feel better...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMMSFiYZSs