PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Difference Between A Ghost & A Spirit?

Parma
11-11-2013, 05:18 AM
What is the difference between the two can a ghost change into a spirit, and can a spirit change into a ghost?

primrose
11-11-2013, 05:34 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe they are one and the same thing. What we call ghosts seem to be earthbound. We all become spirit after death of our bodies.

Jenny Crow
11-11-2013, 06:03 AM
It's widely believed that a ghost is the soul of a person who has passed away but is stuck between the physical world and the Otherworld. They haven't crossed to the Light. If and when they do go into the light they can still come back to this world to see us, though.

A spirit is an entity that has never been human but lives in the spiritual world.

Jenny Crow

alamode
16-11-2013, 05:35 AM
Ghost = Someone who died and did not yet cross over to the spiritual world. They did not yet "go to the light"

Spirit = Someone who is in the spiritual world. They crossed over and "went to the light"

Rah nam
16-11-2013, 06:28 AM
I may be wrong, but I believe they are one and the same thing. What we call ghosts seem to be earthbound. We all become spirit after death of our bodies.
This is correct, even so I would say we are always spirit, whether we are incarnated or not.

desert rat
16-11-2013, 02:00 PM
To me the words are about the same . I guess a lots deponds on personal beliefs . I believe we have a soul , or ghost , or spirit . After death we are a ghost , or spirit . We can stay on the earth plane , as a ghost , go on to higher astral planes , or come back in to a new human live . A belief is that we are made of 4 bodies . Phy. , astral , energy ,and mental , or higher self .

Miss Hepburn
16-11-2013, 03:12 PM
... I believe we have a soul , or ghost , or spirit ...

Hi desert rat,
There is a subtle difference in the above...that makes a difference in
how we perceive ourselves and reality....
I believe I am soul or spirit...not
that I have a soul or spirit.
Helped me a lot in my spiritual growth and understandings.
:smile:

Simon_Templar
16-11-2013, 03:59 PM
a ghost is someone who has found something to entertain themselves a spirit is someone who manages to "entertain" themselves

Tsuga
16-11-2013, 04:16 PM
A ghost is dead. A spirit lives.

Lynn
16-11-2013, 06:15 PM
What is the difference between the two can a ghost change into a spirit, and can a spirit change into a ghost?

Put very plainly, ghosts are souls that did not pass into the light/next dimension when their physical bodies died here on Earth.
Either they didn't pass over due to:
· Unfinished business here on Earth
· They’re afraid to move on to the next level because of what they think awaits them
· They want to pass over but can’t see the light
· They do not realize they are dead or they like it here and just want to hang around!
Some are good natured and some definitely are not!
There can be poltergeists , earth spirits and energies which just exist and are not from a person who once lived on earth. Poltergeists would probably be the one of the most publicized type of energy and the most misunderstood. Generally, poltergeists are not connected with the spirit of someone who has passed on. They are not ghosts. Poltergeist activity is generally associated with children, adolescents and/or people with emotional problems. Though not completely understood, it is believed that a form of mind over matter energy is expended from the living person, creating a whole range of activity from loud noises, furniture moving, objects levitating and foul odors.

Earth spirits would include all types of animal energies, Elementals and Fairies, divas, goblins and land spirits. They can occasionally attach themselves to a person or place and can have a very mischievous energy.

Lynn