PDA

View Full Version : Timer went off that no one set.

MadamStar
22-09-2013, 03:54 AM
Just now, a timer went off in my house that I have never heard before (after living here for 20 years). No one in my house set the timer. It is an old analog timer built into the kitchen stove. I asked everyone in the house, and I am certain no one set it and I doubt anyone has ever used it.

As soon as I turned it off, I went to ask who set it, and it went off again.

Earlier, my sister said that when she was looking for me outside, she opened up the door and felt as if someone was pushing it back closed. At this time, I was searching for my cat outside and he freaked out when I went to pick him up (then he ran from me!). He has never ran from me--ever. I tried again and he ran past me then straight out of the yard.

Is there a ghost afoot? Should I be worried?

desert rat
22-09-2013, 04:47 PM
It could be a ghost . I had a smoke dect. go off with no fire or smoke ( not the beep of a low battery ) I took out the battery , put it back after a few minutes and it went off again . I left it out over night and its not gone off scense . At the same time a cord become un pluged . No one touched it . I think it was this guy that was in ill health and killed him self .

primrose
22-09-2013, 10:26 PM
No, don't be worried, when these things happen, an entity just wants to be recognized. Tell it to go towards the light.

MadamStar
25-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Thanks guys! I will do just that if it makes another 'appearance'.

desert rat
25-09-2013, 02:45 PM
There have been a few times where I was doing some a/c , electrical work and my electronic meters would not work . Ghosts generate an electrical field . As I was in some one else's house , and going around saying " go to the light " I was not sure they would understand , or they might not like the idea of living in a haunted house I tried to work with out my meters .

primrose
25-09-2013, 06:04 PM
You don't have to say it out loud, say it mentally.

You're right about them creating an energy field.

desert rat
26-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Its only happned a few times where a meter would not work at one place , and would later . I think there are only a few ghosts that can effect equment that way . The two I remember were an evap. cooler , and a range , the ghost may of been attached to thoes devices .

primrose
26-09-2013, 04:11 PM
See if it makes a difference if you don't use meters, strange things to be attached to.

desert rat
27-09-2013, 03:16 AM
On the stove I have no idea , the evap. cooler the lady told me her and this guy that had just died( many years ago) argued over it . If any thing like this happens again , I might try a neon test light .

MadamStar
27-09-2013, 12:00 PM
That's really interesting how ghosts create a electric field. It may have something to do with it.

desert rat
27-09-2013, 03:00 PM
I think there are ghosts all over . It is just when they are mad or want to get attention do they create this field . The two times where I had the problems with my meter they were electronic volt/amp meters , I dont know if an old style analog meter would have been effected . I dont think they would have any effect on a neon bulb tester .