PDA

View Full Version : Guides

Mouse
03-11-2010, 01:18 PM
I've asked my guide or guides if they exist for a sign that they are there. I've done this many times recently to no avail. What I don't understand is if there are such things as guides why do they not communicate in a way that you will notice or understand? I've read the usual stuff about looking for subtle signs etc or coincidences. and I'm usually quite an intuitive person but how subtle are these signs!? And what is the point of them if you can't pick them up? And why do they not communicate in a direct way that you will understand? Feel like I need guidance more than ever at the moment but to be honest it just ain't there!
Rant over (!)

abikisses
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Instantly I connect and this is what I receive... You are a complete paradox! You are asking for signs but actually you are not quite as ready as you think dear one. Signs are there but you miss them as you demand and are impatient. You have much to learn about yourself FIRST.

Nothing else is being said Mouse but it made me giggle about the pardox, especially your name with a cat picture, classic ;)

Blessings
Abikisses

Mouse
03-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Hi AbiK.
Nice I made someone giggle!
Hmmmm.... no idea what I to 'learn' about myself first, that's the thing! So the whole thing is a paradox is it not?
M

sunny shine
03-11-2010, 02:35 PM
I can relate completely with Mouse's question i have similar thoughts, when human are limited in understanding why communicate in symbols..... and always we get blamed for missing things :-) dont our guides know our limitations :-)Abilkisses i didnt notice the paradox yes it did made me giggle too

Ivy
03-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Im curious as to where the ideas of guides has come from in your life, if you dont experience guidence?

Sungirl
03-11-2010, 02:48 PM
have you thought of asking for a sign that you simply cannot miss?

What sort of signs are you looking for? If you are expecting something specific you may find you are missing something that is there already.

An example of a sign that was so meaningful but could be logic'd away.

I was driving up a dual-carriage-way, up hill towards a roundabout. It was Samhain and i was thinking about what I wanted to include in the ritual I was going to. As I drove up the hill I saw that the full moon looked like it was sat in the V that the roundabout sat in at the top of the hill. It blew me away

Now you could say that it was just a case of being at the right place at the right time to see it...but i ask, why was I in that place at that time other than to see it? Divine guidance had led me to see it.

Are you being the person that uses logic to reason out any possible sign or are you the person that sees even the logical answer as a sign?

Mouse
03-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Im curious as to where the ideas of guides has come from in your life, if you dont experience guidence?

From reading and from sites like this!

Mouse
03-11-2010, 02:55 PM
have you thought of asking for a sign that you simply cannot miss?

What sort of signs are you looking for? If you are expecting something specific you may find you are missing something that is there already.

An example of a sign that was so meaningful but could be logic'd away.

I was driving up a dual-carriage-way, up hill towards a roundabout. It was Samhain and i was thinking about what I wanted to include in the ritual I was going to. As I drove up the hill I saw that the full moon looked like it was sat in the V that the roundabout sat in at the top of the hill. It blew me away

Now you could say that it was just a case of being at the right place at the right time to see it...but i ask, why was I in that place at that time other than to see it? Divine guidance had led me to see it.

Are you being the person that uses logic to reason out any possible sign or are you the person that sees even the logical answer as a sign?

Yes, that's exactly what I have asked for....please give me something that I cannot miss. Wouldn't say I logic everything away or that I'd see everything as a sign, I'm probably somewhere in the middle. I've had experiences with feeling kundalini energy in my body and have seen ghosts.....so I'm not psychically asleep. Not expecting anything specific, it's a bit like looking for the right gift for someone, you know it when you see it!
Mousex

Sungirl
03-11-2010, 04:03 PM
cool... lets hope they give you something you will spot soon xx

Ivy
03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
From reading and from sites like this!

Perhaps the answer then is to stop looking at what others tell you ought to (or could) have...and start looking at you have already got.

There are many ways to skin a cat as they say (My apologies if you are not british - its a weird expression)

LightFilledHeart
03-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Perhaps the answer then is to stop looking at what others tell you ought to (or could) have...and start looking at you have already got.

There are many ways to skin a cat as they say (My apologies if you are not british - its a weird expression)

Well said, Heather. I'm a firm believer in the accuracy of the small still voice within and the need to cultivate the ability to indentify and separate it from all the other voices one is assailed with! (i.e., emotions, intellect, ego, even trickster spirits!) It's the best source of guidance we have! :smile:

Mouse
03-11-2010, 04:54 PM

No worries; I'm English so know that expression!
I haven't got anything at all I'm afraid, that's the problem. I'm not expecting anything to be the same as what others might get, there just isn't anything at all.
M.

Ivy
03-11-2010, 05:26 PM
There is your voice.

Next time you have a choice between whether to have a salad or a sandwich...(ignoring the voice of the health concious guru off TV)...see if you can notice the feeling of being drawn towards one or the other.

That FEELING is your inner voice. And once you get to recognise that feeling, you can start to explore if it is aggreeing or questioning the voices youve heard from childhood, from school, from magazines and tv etc. Its the beginning of finding you.

inspirit
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I've asked my guide or guides if they exist for a sign that they are there. I've done this many times recently to no avail. What I don't understand is if there are such things as guides why do they not communicate in a way that you will notice or understand? I've read the usual stuff about looking for subtle signs etc or coincidences. and I'm usually quite an intuitive person but how subtle are these signs!? And what is the point of them if you can't pick them up? And why do they not communicate in a direct way that you will understand? Feel like I need guidance more than ever at the moment but to be honest it just ain't there!
Rant over (!)

I get a chill when I ask that question. That's how I know.

I think that the guidance you're looking for is usually in your mind somewhere. You need to surrender to God for you to find it. And when you don't find it fully then think of it as an exercise.

Orbie
03-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Heather got it spot on. Should be on a tshirt! :)

Lovely
03-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Some times you shouldn't look for just one but just pay attention to everything... if that makes sense?
I remember someone on here gave some good advice on this.
S/he said something like "If you spend all your time looking on the ground
for a note you'll miss the plane carrying the sign in the sky."

Soul Searching
03-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Some times you shouldn't look for just one but just pay attention to everything... if that makes sense?
I remember someone on here gave some good advice on this.
S/he said something like "If you spend all your time looking on the ground
for a note you'll miss the plane carrying the sign in the sky."

I agree totally Lovely :smile:

Signs are everywhere .... they can be big, in your face, or very subtle .... I think if you keep looking, eventually you will notice them .... :hug3:

Mouse
04-11-2010, 08:45 AM
There is your voice.

Next time you have a choice between whether to have a salad or a sandwich...(ignoring the voice of the health concious guru off TV)...see if you can notice the feeling of being drawn towards one or the other.

That FEELING is your inner voice. And once you get to recognise that feeling, you can start to explore if it is aggreeing or questioning the voices youve heard from childhood, from school, from magazines and tv etc. Its the beginning of finding you.

I like this.... it sounds like more of an inner wisdom than a 'guide' as such. I'm never sure whether guides are supposed to be something external to you or not?

sunny shine
04-11-2010, 08:50 AM
What I understand is we make contracts with our guides when we incarnate, so to me they are external.

Mouse
04-11-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm going to gently ask, again, for a sign that I have a guide...then I'll listen and look. I'll keep it low key and if there is still nothing I'll give up. At the end of the day, until you experience these things they are just nice consoling ideas in books.......

Sungirl
04-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Something you could do it look for the totally random things in life.

It could be the parking space right where you wanted it.
It could be the last sandwich on the shelf and it's the one you wanted.
It could be seeing a feather just floating down in your line of sight.
It could be someone smiling at you as you walk to work or a bird singing that lightens your heart.

In my opinion the messages you get from your guides are not like flashing lights and great visions... they are very very subtle. My story about the moon, although it sounds grand, it could very easilly have been missed or dismissed.

If the signs were obvious they would take no faith and personally I think faith is really important.

When you start seeing them, acknowledging them and being thankful for them, then the messages get stronger and you are getting info you need when you need it.

Once again, my cat went missing last night (little sod) and once again they were screaming in my ear "we don't have him!!" telling me not to worry. But it's only because I am grateful for the bird singing or the last parking space that I get these messages.

Ivy
04-11-2010, 11:14 AM
I like this.... it sounds like more of an inner wisdom than a 'guide' as such. I'm never sure whether guides are supposed to be something external to you or not?

The externalisation of a guide fullfills different needs. It fulfills the need to feel that youre not alone...and carries the weight of strength, beauty, wisdom at times when you feel unable to carry them as your own.

Mouse
04-11-2010, 11:21 AM
That's interesting. I think it's a kind of shamanistic way of looking at the world, that you tune into the flow of everything and open yourself to what the world is saying and it communicates with you. I still feel as well though that even if very subtle I would 'know' a message from a guide....if I do pick one up I'll be very happy!and thankful. Faith is a hard one for me to be honest, I need something to start with, can't have faith from nothing.

Sungirl
04-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Mouse...

If you had never tasted mint and someone gave you a mint without telling you it was a mint, would you "know" it was mint? I'm not sure how you can know a message from your guides until you have experienced it and realised afterwards that it was a message?

As for faith.... I understand it is hard. For me, the first "proof" that there was a higher power was seeing a flower and wondering why it was so beautiful. It could function perfectly well and not be percieved as beautiful.. but it is. That prooved to me there was someone designing things for our benefit.

Once again, this was something that could be missed or reasoned away but i was open to there being a higher power and saw something that confirmed it to me.

If you want something to start your faith, think about the good things in your life. Something wonderful, however small, that could just have easily gone wrong. Is this proof?

Please know... these are all just my opinion and I encourage you to form your own.

Mouse
04-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Hi Tilia
Think I didn't explain it properly... I thinking that the realisation would come very soon after the experience or be mixed in with it I guess.

Lostgirl
04-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Something you could do it look for the totally random things in life.

It could be the parking space right where you wanted it.
It could be the last sandwich on the shelf and it's the one you wanted.
It could be seeing a feather just floating down in your line of sight.
It could be someone smiling at you as you walk to work or a bird singing that lightens your heart.

I havent tried to contact my guides yet but reading this makes me smile as i know they are always with me! xx

Mouse
04-11-2010, 03:08 PM
The externalisation of a guide fullfills different needs. It fulfills the need to feel that youre not alone...and carries the weight of strength, beauty, wisdom at times when you feel unable to carry them as your own.
That's a lovely comment. It would be the first part for me.....

sweetdisposition
04-11-2010, 05:19 PM
From my experiences messages are very subtle but you WILL notice them if you don't concentrate too hard! I have been thinking about someone before and then two seconds later seen their surname go past on the side of a lorry. Might sound a silly example, I know, but it is the only one I can think of right now! You might be looking so hard to see something obvious, like a feather on your pillow, that you miss other signs like the lyrics to a song that suddenly plays on your radio. Another example of my experiences - the other day I asked my angels to be with me as I was about to have a difficult day at a funeral. Within minutes a van drove past me with "Angels" written on the back of it. I had to do a double-take but I do believe it was a sign from them that they were there with me.

Keep looking for the signs. They are there :)

Mouse
05-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Thanks, I will. Don't think anythng will happen though.