PDA

View Full Version : Hanged Man

Ginger_Girl
03-06-2013, 04:08 PM
The Hanged Man keeps appearing in my spreads.

I'm also seeing Death and The Sun a lot, but I am familiar with those.

I know that I am going through some big transformation right now and I know that the Hanged Man tells us to be at peace and allow the universe to work as it will, but any sort of insight would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

missrachel300
08-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Hmm.. I think it often represents being suspended in your personal action, and needing to see things from a different perspective... which often takes time and patients... what else can you do while your hanging upside down from a tree! lol
:)

Twilla
08-06-2013, 06:42 PM
The Hanged Man can also remind you that, while things are unfolding around you, such as a big transformation, it is sometimes best to stay still and listen to what your intuition is telling you - to observe and wait. Patience and meditation.

When you're aware that big changes are happening around you, it can be difficult to just find that still center and be with it. Many of us want to do something, ANYthing, in order to maintain some sort of "control" during times of flux.
Like that saying, "Don't just do something, stand there!" :)

(I'm new here, so - hi!)

Jenny Crow
09-06-2013, 12:52 AM
Yes, I agree with the others and sometimes some sort of sacrifice may be needed as well in order for you to get to where you want your life to be - you know - to get something you need to give something up sometimes. Things may also seem a little out of balance and you may feel, for a while, that you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Jenny Crow

Ginger_Girl
09-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Thank you all so much; and hello and welcome, Twilla.

I think you are all right. There are things going on around me, as well as within me, that have been stressing me out and I think it's time for me to let go and wait for it to pass. I hate to do that because it seems apathetic, but sometimes that's all we can do to save ourselves from ourselves.

I like that saying Twilla, "Don't just do something, stand there!". It seems so profound suddenly! :)

And, Jenny Crow: Perhaps a sacrifice of self? Sacrificing your old perceptions of yourself to reach the higher self.

Because it might interest some of you, I've also been having problems with my third Chakra and the related organs. This could be due to an unwillingness to let go of one's ego or rational thought. Perhaps this is what the Hanged Man has been warning me about.

Anyone care to share any advice on surrendering the ego?

Ginger_Girl
09-06-2013, 02:35 AM
Just wanted to share this, just in case. It has to do with anxiety and the third chakra and discusses dichotomy.

http://litespirit.com/thirdchakra.html

Jenny Crow
09-06-2013, 03:17 AM
Surrendering the ego - that's one of the meanings of the Hanged Man, lol. Sometimes we want to DO something, to make things happen or to make changes but the Hanged Man is suggesting to you that now is the time to give up your need for control (the ego) and let go of worries. If you can do this your perspective will probably change. What you're doing, in effect, is buying yourself some time, accept that the Universe (God/Goddess) will take care of you and a positive outcome will be the end result.

Jenny Crow

Lynn
09-06-2013, 03:34 AM
The Hanged Man keeps appearing in my spreads.

I'm also seeing Death and The Sun a lot, but I am familiar with those.

I know that I am going through some big transformation right now and I know that the Hanged Man tells us to be at peace and allow the universe to work as it will, but any sort of insight would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

The Hanged Man

* is about being suspended between the mundane and the spiritual
* indicates a change in thinking, and a new clarity
* your hopes, and goals, no longer seem as important as they once were, while you re think your values
* there is a higher power guiding your affairs
* Surrender to your source

Death

* means that you will be able to make major changes in your life
* one might have a symbolic death, where you are purified by eliminating all the things that no longer serve you, and are now holding you back
* transformation is the key word here

The Sun

* is about new beginnings
* The Sun will shine on you and everything will seem to fall into place
* you will possess youthful energy and clarity of mind

There are the meanings I use for those cards. As one is a "Newbie" that does not permit as yet me to read deeper to what is there in one's life path. One is welcome to PM me when one is not "newbie" status and I could see what is there. What doors might need to be opened.

Lynn

Ginger_Girl
10-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Thanks Jenny Crow! I am still unfamiliar with this card.

Thank you Lynn, those are great card meanings. I usually try to do readings without my book, but my mind has been clouded and the meanings you provided seem to be right on the money. Very appreciated ;)

Twilla
10-06-2013, 06:26 AM
I really like what Jenny said about surrendering the ego!
Trusting that the Universe will take care of us one way or the other is not always easy...
The whole Surrendering the Ego concept used to be a huge point of contention for me (go figure) for a looong time. It's because i used to think i was supposed to subsume the ego/personality and be some selfless, ethereal creature with no needs/desires/wants...

But of course that's nonsense. Surrendering the ego is really more of a practice of letting go of your Attachment to Outcomes as much as possible. It's allowing yourself to step back and accept the reality that we cannot control everything, we don't really know the way things are actually going to turn out, and as much as we may *feel* that Doing Something will help insure a desirable outcome, this is just not always the case. It's that irritating neo-hippie thing of "going with the flow". :)
Ask yourself - "can i really actually DO anything, aside from spinning my wheels and giving myself the illusion that by mere 'action', i am accomplishing something"?
That question helps me, at least, to know when to hang back and tell my Ego to kill the motor for a bit.
It's developing a sort of wisdom in ourselves of knowing that it's perfectly OK to stay still and wait. We aren't really encouraged to wait in this culture. It's a learned art. But it's a step in the direction of finding that elusive creature...Peace.

Hope that helps a bit - it's late and i'm probably rambling :)

corddont3
18-06-2013, 02:09 AM
i had a dream that i saw a tarot reader and a reversed hanged man pulled up. weird

Ginger_Girl
02-07-2013, 10:14 AM
" It's allowing yourself to step back and accept the reality that we cannot control everything, we"

Thanks Twilla! That's exactly the sort of thing I need to hear.

Corddont3, very cool. I love it when something dejavu-esque happens like that. Thanks for sharing.