PDA

View Full Version : Divinity or Psychosis?

BlakeTheSnake
31-05-2013, 07:56 AM

psychoslice
31-05-2013, 08:00 AM
So, what is the question ??

Simon_Templar
31-05-2013, 08:34 AM
It doesn't have to be as absolute as divinity, and psychosis is a hard word don't you think? :D HTH

Miss Hepburn
31-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I feel I am an expert on this subject because of direct experience it was
made perfectly clear, by His Grace.

They are the same.

There is a fine line between the mystic and the one locked up. A fine line.

I feel background influences the "break" from the regular perspective of the mind.
It has helped or guided me during what would be called psychosis....when it is actually
Grace opening the Doors of Perception in my little ole brain.

One can be saying, "I'm George Washington" or "I'm GOD!" Or "I'm a bird!" over and over in the recreation room.
While, the saint is saying, " Yes, I am too."
One has the understanding what he is experiencing, the other does not...it is too much
for him to handle. He can't see that everything is "God" or that everything is "One", so to speak.

My friend had both...he saw we were all one so much so, he just walked into a summer house
and sat watching TV with the people, who called police.
He was calm and happy to be taken away full of love and this feeling of no boundaries.
Yes, it was psychotic by medical definition...but it was also divine...in his case, that once.

We gotta follow the rules of society...darn it.

wstein
01-06-2013, 04:11 AM
Makes no sense as tersely written.

Divinity is most pure essence of reality or the most encompassing aspect of reality.

Divination is a set of skills allowing one to perceive what will or likely will occur in the future.

Psychosis is a mental impairment causing one to believe things others don't.

As far as I know there is little relation between them other than most people don't really believe in divination so would automatically consider/label it psychosis (without really knowing). They can occur together or separately in a person.

Lavender88
01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
I feel I am an expert on this subject because of direct experience it was
made perfectly clear, by His Grace.

They are the same.

There is a fine line between the mystic and the one locked up. A fine line.

I feel background influences the "break" from the regular perspective of the mind.
It has helped or guided me during what would be called psychosis....when it is actually
Grace opening the Doors of Perception in my little ole brain.

One can be saying, "I'm George Washington" or "I'm GOD!" Or "I'm a bird!" over and over in the recreation room.
While, the saint is saying, " Yes, I am too."
One has the understanding what he is experiencing, the other does not...it is too much
for him to handle. He can't see that everything is "God" or that everything is "One", so to speak.

My friend had both...he saw we were all one so much so, he just walked into a summer house
and sat watching TV with the people, who called police.
He was calm and happy to be taken away full of love and this feeling of no boundaries.
Yes, it was psychotic by medical definition...but it was also divine...in his case, that once.

We gotta follow the rules of society...darn it.

Interesting story about your friend....

I actually have a hard time distinguishing between the two because I don't if what I'm hearing/seeing/ feeling is real, or if it's just an interpretation from my own mind. I feel like if my mind interprets something, it could be thoughts and feelings triggered by the subconscious, thus making it my own perception and not the ultimate truth. I don't know, it can just be pretty confusing for me. If you want to explain more about this, that would be great.

wstein
02-06-2013, 01:55 AM
I actually have a hard time distinguishing between the two because I don't if what I'm hearing/seeing/ feeling is real, or if it's just an interpretation from my own mind. I feel like if my mind interprets something, it could be thoughts and feelings triggered by the subconscious, thus making it my own perception and not the ultimate truth. I don't know, it can just be pretty confusing for me. If you want to explain more about this, that would be great. Just a reminder, what is accepted by society and what is real are often not the same thing. This of course makes it hard to believe your experiences are 'real' when people are telling you they aren't.

FYI: oops the earth is not flat and the moon not made of green cheese ...

CrystalSong
02-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Well stated Miss Hepburn.

After awakening and seeing the world from this perspective I'm going back through my mental list of clients and re-evaluating, some meds were very useful for, there did seem to be a genuine cross wiring happening, others tho just saw the reality that really exists, unfortunately they weren't able to 'not talk about it' in public places with people who may not experience it this life time. Fine line indeed.

Lucid68
02-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah black guy of Nigerian decent becomes a "paranoid muslim" and goes on to behead a British soldier outside his own barracks . . . what was the question again ?

Lavender88
03-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Just a reminder, what is accepted by society and what is real are often not the same thing. This of course makes it hard to believe your experiences are 'real' when people are telling you they aren't.

True! Society's beliefs are still deeply ingrained in me and I'm doing my best to let go of them. It can be pretty hard for me, but I'm taking it a step at a time. Maybe once i get better at letting them go, I can be more trusting of myself and see things more clearly.

Ginger_Girl
03-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Just a reminder, what is accepted by society and what is real are often not the same thing. This of course makes it hard to believe your experiences are 'real' when people are telling you they aren't.

Oooh, well put. Wow, this turned out to be an interesting thread. Bet the original poster didn't see that comin'!

And thank you for your story, Miss Hepburn!