PDA

View Full Version : Definition of love and twin flames by Silver Birch

Spiritmessenger
24-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Question
Can you give a definition of love?
Answer
Love takes many forms, ranging from friendship foundered on sympathetic attraction, and mutual interest to the supreme heights where, without thought of self, it seeks to serve wherever it can.
There is a greater power in the Universe which has never been subject to the analytical scrutiny of laboratories, which cannot be resolved by chemical or scalpels, yet it is so real that it transcends all other forces which have been measured and weighed and dissected. That love is deathless because it is part of the great spirit, the creative spirit of all life, part of the power that has fashioned life; and wherever a life exists, sooner or later those who are united by its willing bonds will find one another again despite all the handicaps and obstacles and impediments that may be in the way.

First let us be clear: the real love is the love of selflessness; the love that seeks nothing for itself, and in its highest form embraces the whole of humanity. You're not an involved soul until you can say, because you believe it, "I love all mankind".
That is an ideal, and your world is a long way from it. But there is love, the undeniable love, between man and woman who are complementary to one another, that is, they are two inform, but one in purpose.... they harmonise, they are indeed, as your poet has expressed it, "Two hearts that beat as one". Now, where that love has found itself, there is never any separation. Those who the law has joined by love can never be sundered in your world or mind.
Where there is that love, and here I am afraid I am going to be controversial, it is always reciprocated. There are aspects of affection, devotion, the desire to serve, maternal instincts, which are believed to be love, but the real love, that only comes once to each man or woman, whether on earth or in the world of spirit, is always reciprocated. The problem does not arise, for in our world, in the fullness of time, each finds the half of its own being.

Twin Flames
Silver Birch was asked what is meant by "Twin Souls" without a pause, Silver Birch replied:
Twin souls are when the affinities, which are the two haves of the perfect whole, come together. There are affinities for every soul in the Universe, but they do not often meet in the same incarnation. Where there are souls, complementary to one another, who have earned the right to meet the other half of its being, in one incarnation, there you truly achieve heaven on earth.
Twin souls are what the words entail, a likeness between two similars. They are at the same stage of growth and evolution and thus will go forward together. You have heard me say occasionally to people, "Your are affinities." As circle member commented, "I presume twin souls could meet for a few years and one lose the other."

When unity is attained
"Only physically," said the guide," but at least for the time they are together they are experiencing all the radiance that comes when unity is achieved on all planes of being."
The same member, thinking aloud, added, "if they have knowledge then the radiance would be even greater."
Another circle member added : "If there were twin souls who have reached the same stage of evolution, what is the purpose for some being apart in his present incarnation?
One would have thought automatically they would have earned the right to be together
You mean they have come together and parted physically. That can only be temporary. If they are affinities the whole urging of their souls will bring them together with the strongest pull that is possible. Just like the lodestar, the magnetic attraction will draw them together because, spiritually they are one.
It could be part of a twin souls development for them to be apart in one incarnation. These are minor difficulties that you raise. Whether they are part and still a part of one another, the essential factor is that if they are to halves of the one soul, all other physical differences and happenings cannot affect the fundamental process that brings them together. Don't confuse physical happenings with spiritual realities. What is of the spirit must endure.

Love light and blessings to all :hug3:
Spiritmessenger

mac
24-10-2010, 04:36 PM
"There are affinities for every soul in the Universe, but they do not often meet in the same incarnation."

SB makes an important point although "not often" is not defined...

In forums where twin souls etc. are discussed one might gain the impression that many feel they have are having a 'twin soul' experience but I wonder if the reality is somewhat different?

Dharma Employee
24-10-2010, 04:44 PM
I often wonder that too mac

although sometimes my body responses def indicates it is something I have not experienced before, especially this sensation of the cord

soulmate makes more sense to me

Spiritmessenger
24-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Mac
In forums where twin souls etc. are discussed one might gain the impression that many feel they have are having a 'twin soul' experience but I wonder if the reality is somewhat different?
Yes the reality is very different...the love that is experienced transcends all other feelings and you never want to be apart from each other. Its an awful wrench when you leave your twine flame in the spirit world to reincarnate as I have, you can never find that same perfect love with anyone else in this world or the next. The sexual feeling people call love has no meaning between Twin Flames because it is the lower vibration of the animal instinct to copulate and since there is no sex in the spirit world it has no part to play. The twin flame/soul has been blown up for commercial purposes more than anything else.
Love light and blessings to all :hug3:
Spiritmessenger

LadyImpreza1111
24-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I never felt a "pull" with a soulmate.Have you?

senta257
24-10-2010, 05:27 PM
I have felt an extremely strong pull and had psychic dreams with all my soulmates.

Dharma Employee
24-10-2010, 05:41 PM
I do

i would never claim this to be a TF, which i am sure it isnt

but the soulmate thing with everything that happens, rings many bells

Falling Star
24-10-2010, 06:09 PM
I read this some years ago as part of my spiritual growth. I love the teachings of Silver Birch and it resonates as truth within me.

LadyImpreza1111
24-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Eh. I guess I have with the last guy.....my karmic soulmate. I was in more pain with him and I'm not in pain at all from my TF. I think the emotions (good and bad) you feel with a soulmate can be profound but its totally amped up when you find your twin.

mystical
24-10-2010, 09:10 PM

not with a sopul mate no , i have close connections with many peopel who i know wrae my soul martes but this is different , I KNOW THIS IS MY TWIN ,

Dharma Employee
25-10-2010, 07:28 AM
if it was your twin and you only saw them once a week at dance group, you would be as consumed with them emotionally wouldn't you

with a twin, the intensity of the connection, no matter how fleeting would be impossible to manage

leads me to belive despite being soemwhat consumed with her, and literally ahve ing experienced what felt like some kind of temporal soul shock in september, time, that if she is anything, she is some kind of karmic soulmate

have def felt the cord at times

LadyImpreza1111
25-10-2010, 09:31 AM
I get consumed emotionally by mine.....all the time......and I've only seen him once and it was in passing.

I think a big indicator that somone can be a karmic soulmate is that they have the opposite effect on you as a twin flame would............like they change you in a negative way. I know my karmic soulmate has done that to me and I was also friends with his exes and they were all affected the same way by him.

So how does she affect you?

Dharma Employee
25-10-2010, 10:19 AM
elation, joy, uncondtional love

fear, paranoia, sometimes unworthy

it is not 1 or the other

it is both

lovesick

sometimes giddy etc

Summerland
25-10-2010, 10:43 AM

I was fortunate enough to have met mine. It was a story that spanned from 1976 to current. He died 5 years ago and I will not be with anyone again. Out of all those years we actually only had a few years that we were actually together. The love was always there, the missing, the pain, being in tune with what he was going thru without any sort of contact. The being together was either heaven on earth or the pits of hell. When it was a good period a nuclear bomb could have fallen on us and it would have been okay, because we were in each others arms.

mystical
25-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I get consumed emotionally by mine.....all the time......and I've only seen him once and it was in passing.

I think a big indicator that somone can be a karmic soulmate is that they have the opposite effect on you as a twin flame would............like they change you in a negative way. I know my karmic soulmate has done that to me and I was also friends with his exes and they were all affected the same way by him.

So how does she affect you? my friends think i confuse my twin with karmic soul mate but i knwo without a shadow of a doubt hes my twin , i have strong connections with my best mate she is my soul sister and another girl i knwo she too is my soul mate , i know a lad who is my soul mate he has never ever caused me any harm the only man in fact to not hurt me mentally physically or emotionally , but i dont feel that love as strong with either , my twin is the love of my life , im an old fashioned girl who say u cna love as many in a lifetime all in diff ways but there will only be two who cna hit one so deep , first love and love of life , my twin has changed me for the better , my friends think he has been unhealthy for me , but in a way he has but he ahs helped me turn my self around i ahve ahd to lok so hard at myself and have walked away from people who were bad for me nah i can deffo say my twin has changed me for the better , i love everyoen but that love u get form a twin i cnat see anything being better than that , i would love to marry but i wont marry just anyone , i dotn believe in it with my tiwn i met the man i knew i would love for the rest of my life and with him i am me and i dont hate myself im truly content on every level ,