PDA

View Full Version : Imps/Woodland elemental critters

Sangress
27-09-2012, 09:39 PM
I thought I'd share an experience I had that has been on my mind lately for some reason. Maybe someone can relate.

When I was younger I lived on a remote semi-tropical property full of bushland. At night I used to go to the local creek and talk to the local spirits. Some of these spirits had gained a bad reputation with the local farmers and land owners and one group in particular were good friends of mine.

I called the individuals in this group imps. They spoke very little beyond their own language and tried to keep well away from humans and only came out at night, but over time they came to trust me.

I think that people were biased toward them just because of their supposedly 'negative' or 'evil' appearance and the way they moved. They grew to be about a foot in height, had black and dull green semi-physical shadow-like skin and round eyes that flash bright red at certain angles. They would always move very quickly in groups of two or three and because they were rarely entirely physical their bodies would morph into one another so that only the flashing of their eyes could show how many of them there were.

The imps kept the forest safe and made sure wildlife didn't encroach onto 'humans land' unless it was welcome to do so among other things.

I drew a picture of one of them, the first one that was brave enough to make real contact with me rather than running from shadow to shadow and fleeing through the trees when I caught sight of it.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee380/Sangress/Artwork/Imp.jpg

Quagmire
28-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Thanks for sharing and great drawing. The sad thing is that there are many of these beings (even those who resemble humans more in form and appearance) that care very much for Earth and nature that keep away from humans due to prejudice against them.

iolite
28-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Yes, they certainly do not look cuddly so I can see why people who could see them might be frightened or convinced that they were "evil". They look like elementals to me. It is soo cool that you were able to have this experience.

vicky3619
28-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Oh even them I would love to talk with them :)
thanks for sharing this with us :)

Rena
28-09-2012, 01:39 PM
very interesting Sangress.....
that imp looks very strange! (for lack of a better word) lol
I saw an elemental one time in my third eye.....(I have seen numerous of them)
But this one in particular, it had brown fur on it's body....it had a human form....he was standing. it didnt have any clothes..
it had two ears sticking up from its head... (like a bear)
It was sticking its tongue out at me!!!!!! like a kid would do.
I took that as meaning it didnt want me there.... the nature area where I visited.
But I still struggle with knowing exactly what kind of elemental this was called. =)

Emmalevine
28-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Interesting. I really like the picure too, something about it reasonates with me.

iolite
28-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Sangress...

Your drawing looked familiar to me and I just figured out why. The Hunter Kiss Series by Marjorie Liu is about a woman named Maxine Kiss who is tattooed by day and at night the tattoos peel off and become "the boys". The boys...were The Reaper Kings and after their horrible rampage of destruction they were imprisoned on the first Hunter. They were inherited by the daughter of a hunter upon her death. When the story picks up with Maxine (many generations of Hunters behind her), she calls these demons (Aaz, Zee, Dek, Mal, and Raw) "her boys" and loves them as fiercely as a mother would her children and they love her, they call her their "heart". Anyway, the one you drew looks like Zee does in my mind. It is a really cool series.
http://marjoriemliu.com/index.php?/novels/details_hunterkiss/the_iron_hunt

Sangress
29-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Wow, didn't expect so many replies at this hour of the morning. lol.

I showed a friend the picture and she was like "omg they look like little demon kittens! They are so cute, I want one!" Made me laugh.

Thanks for sharing your experience rena, I can't say I've seen anything like it, but maybe if I do a bit of research I can throw up a few names and you can pick which might fit.

iolite....I am definitely going to be reading that book series now and yeh I think they are elementals, but I can't drop my old terminology of them for some reason.

Some time in the future I want go back there (all the way up the coast) and say hi (if they are still there and if they recognize me) and maybe even bring a camera. It'd be interesting to see if it would show up in the photos, I think it would though considering the red irises flashing are visible to the human eye and branches and such bend and move when they make contact sometimes.

When/if I do it I'll likely chuck any successful photos up here.

norseman
29-09-2012, 07:36 AM
See how many you can find in this one !

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/BT2_zps2798328c.png

Henri77
02-10-2012, 04:06 AM
In this excellent documentary on fairies, one artist draws beings that look
remarkably like your drawing.
Just now watched it.
Youtube Segment- part 2 ,,,,,at 4 min 30m sec minutes in,more or less

part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxW08wvWLA&feature=relmfu

youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzeGkx_5Uuk entire movie (in 6 parts)

Sangress
02-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Norseman, I cant see anything in that picture, am I supposed to be looking for something in particular?

Henri, yeh that does look pretty similar to mine (only aquatic perhaps and with physical features more so than non-physical.)

norseman
02-10-2012, 07:18 AM
[quote=Sangress]Norseman, I cant see anything in that picture, am I supposed to be looking for something in particular?

Figures in the stone. There are a lot of them :smile: