PDA

View Full Version : My most beautiful experiences

Emmalevine
23-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Just thought I'd share. Feel free to add any of your own.

Listening to my favourite piece of classical music with my headphones on while lying in bed.

Being in a plane, preferably after a long haul flight, and feeling the first touch of the wheels on the runway. And then...

Walking into the arrivals gate at the airport to see friends and/or family waiting.

Hugging someone

Having sex

Laughing uncontrollably at a really silly, comic moment on a TV show.

Listening to a serman that impacts so deeply it brings me to tears.

My son looking me right in the eyes.

A stranger meeting my eyes and smiling.

Gazing at the sea.

Having a spiritual dream.

Belle
27-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Sun on my skin and perhaps a soft breeze

Skin on skin with someone special

Good quality chocolate

Being understood, respected and liked.

amy green
18-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Being in love .... beautifully transforming

Being in the presence of children when playing harmoniously - the innocence is blessed

Rainbows

Sunrises and sunsets

Compassion

Being with those who are pure of heart/spiritually developed

Dragonfly1
18-10-2012, 10:23 PM
All of them...everything......because they all have shaped and moulded me, and brought me to the place that I am now......fully aware of God, and all the beauty that it entails....... one of those special moments was when my oldest sister passed away (her life was dismal) the day after her passing......she gave me a sense of her joy and bliss.....and a few words to describe the beauty of where she was.......that was a spectacular moment...........many blessings......

Emmalevine
21-10-2012, 10:58 AM
That feeling of walking into a room at school not knowing where to sit, whether I'll be laughed at, ordered away to make room for someone else, or whatever, and seeing the smiles and waves from new friends to come and sit at their table.

And as an adult, doing the same for a shy friend at university.

Squatchit
24-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Mine are when I realise what I am...

...and I realise I'm not the norm.

StrandedSnowMonkey
24-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Today I stopped to watch another bird of prey hovering. It was almost perfectly balanced on the wind, apart from the slightest of adjustments and the occasional flap of it's wings. Then it just gently glided off around a tree :)

Holding snakes and spiders for the first time.

BellaBlue
30-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Finally, after so long, touching that one person on earth who was perfectly designed to fit me to a tee and who loves me as deeply and unconditionally as I love him...then having to wait until I'm allowed to touch him again. As painful as it may be, it truly is a beautiful feeling.

Hello all! I've been stalking the forum for some time and felt this was a sweet thread to post on. :-). Sorry for the stalking part...hehe...

onetruebeliever
03-11-2012, 01:14 PM
The most beautiful experience I ever had was when my youngest son who is severely manic depressive, came out of his darkest ever cycle and laughed, belly laughed, joyful, fun laughter for the first time in months. That was the beginning of his stabilizing.

Holding my babies for the first time.

Falling in love with my hubby.

JOHNTY
29-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Greetings to you All,

It was a few years back now, it was late at night and the stars were beautiful, bordering on awesome because they were so clear. It's not that I haven't seen the night sky like this before because I have. And there I was, head back, looking skywards, marvelling at it all when all of a sudden, and for one very brief moment, a quick flash of time, I was hit by a very powerful feeling that I was one with the entire universe and everything in it. Oh, boy! I would so love to have that very same feeling again only, for much, much longer next time.

Kaceykat
09-12-2012, 01:51 AM
My first real canter on a horse. Decades ago. I was a slip of a girl on a huge 17 hand horse on a dirt road in the mountains on a summer's day after the rain stopped. The horse and I were in tune, it felt like fun slow flying, and I wasn't frightened at all.

A peak moment. The road somehow seemed infinite. Utter and simple joy.

StrandedSnowMonkey
17-12-2012, 08:11 PM
I tried to out-run the clouds yesterday on my bike, and got soaked. When I reached the park, I spent some time meditating under a pine tree on the hill, which offered a little shelter. It was really nice just to sit for a while, with the sound of the rain.

Emmalevine
19-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Such beautiful experiences...thank you for sharing!

Sort Of Beautiful
20-12-2012, 08:28 PM
A sense of wonder and mystery.

Henri77
20-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Since I started a thread on joy, thought I'd share a couple of aesthetic- beautiful experiences. that I'll never forget.

At 13-14 I was riding my motorscooter in the Phoenix desert. And we had one of those astonishing Ariz sunsets, dusk.
The entire sky was truly golden-pink, as were the clouds. The clear sky itself was pink, rather than blue.
It felt like a Disney film, Wizard of Oz...I felt like Alice viewing a surreal heavenly terrain.

Another was an island my Ex & I encountered , also near sunset when her Dad dropped us off there in his boat.
Waist high fields of grass rippling in the wind. We just looked at one another in disbelief, as it seemed a tropical paradise (in Minnesota) He returned & we needed to leave. We never could again locate that place.

And once driving back from Duluth MN,
I passed a forest of bare trees, devoid of foliage that looked like they were made of glistening silver,
Rain had frozen on them , and the setting sun made it look like an extraterrestrial landscape with glass or silver trees.

Sort Of Beautiful
22-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Pure freedom.

Sort Of Beautiful
23-12-2012, 11:41 PM
A sense of appreciation for what I have.

cally33
15-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I had one today, hav not been in the garden for ages and i spent hours just pottering, watching what was going on and feeling truly at peace, it was amazing :)

HorrificHavoc91
22-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Sitting on a cliff starring at the Moon in the ocean while playing Fiddler on the Green singing and dancing as the night sky spark with stars almost as a spotlight beaming at me as the music stops everything I see turns out to be just a dream. :)

Tobi
23-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Running with my dog in the orchard at dawn last March. Dew on the grass, sunlight beginning burn the mist from the ground.

My "dead" dog showing me she survived "death". Her love from the next world every now and again. Thank you sweet Creature. You brought me back to mySelf.

Arcturus
23-01-2013, 09:16 AM
dancing at a music festival
soul retrieval on ayahuasca
watching Chelsea FC play at home, with my lad and his mate
doing high jump
bungee jump was pretty cool, wouldn't do it now tho
being in another country with no money and no place to live
seeing the alps

Kaere
24-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Taking the time to think back, I have an awful lot of beautiful moments in my life. Here's a few...

- hearing my first boy cry when he was born (he took a long time to breathe)
- waiting in the car in the ferry line up, nothing to do but rest with my sweetie in a warm sunbeam, bare feet out the windows
- Friday night, 5pm, after work... spontaneously renting a car with my sweetie and driving from Vancouver to Montreal non-stop. That moment of 'we can't go to Paris, let's go to Montreal' and then doing it, right that second... I loved having the freedom to do that.
- spinning out on a highway in North Dakota and realizing we were still alive when the car stopped!
- as a little girl, throwing confetti in the air and watching it fall down around me
- memory as a baby, of lying outside in the shade of a tree, and seeing the sunlight through the green leaves.
- sailing across Lake Ontario
- leaving home at seventeen to go to university, freedom and no more home-drama
- learning to fly

H:O:R:A:C:E
24-01-2013, 07:20 PM
I think all my "best moments" are yet to come.
There were a few times, when watching comedians,
that I've gotten filled with mirth. A few x's. That felt wonderful.
Reality doesn't seem to matchup well with imagination for the most part.

Belle
23-02-2013, 09:43 PM
This is not really a huge deal but it meant something on a grey day today. Whilst doing my weekly shop, the bill came to just over £50 - by 7p. And in my purse was a voucher that if I spent over £50 I would get reward points associated with that loyalty program / shop. Ok, it amounts to £2, but it made me smile and I gave thanks to the guides who prompted me to pick up that extra bar of chocolate! And I remember seeing the amount come on the til and thinking "i have left a voucher on my table" - and sure enough I had, but there was another forgotten voucher.

And also, I had to buy something else at another store, there was again another £2 or so saving - I can't work out why that emerged but I wasn't arguing.

Not my most beautiful moment in the great scheme of things but I felt that I was being nudged and watched over and guided.