PDA

View Full Version : A request about helping people learn to work with crystals

Sungirl
05-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Over the years there seems to have been a number of "rules" created about how to work with crystals. We have almost all heard these "rules"

You MUST cleanse, charge and program your crystal.
Crystals of a certain colour go with a certain chakra.
You should use this crystal for this problem.
Crystals are "tools" and nothing more.
Whatever other rules people have heard....People who are new to working with crystals rarely question these as they look to those more exprienced and assume that what they are saying is applicable to them.

Now, don't think I am saying that these rules are wrong. For some people they are surely right....

What I am asking is a more intuitive way of teaching/learning about crystals.

Rather than saying that one set of rules applies to all people and all crystals, teach a person how to learn what rules, if any, apply to themselves.

Teach people to follow their intuition, listen to their own hearts and the crystals themselves to see what is the right way to work for them.

Let them learn that actually it is ok to find that when you put amethyst under their pillow they feel all jangly.. even though one of the "rules" says amethyst is good for sleep.

Let them learn that maybe they don't feel the need to "cleanse charge and program" but rather to pamper and co-create with their crystals.

Let them learn that yes, this particular crystal does need help to cleanse itself of some nasty energies.... but maybe the next one won't.

Teaching "rules" is limiting, it stops people thinking for themselves. Teaching people to use their intuition allows them to grow and progress. To be unlimited in the way they work.. and to work in the way that is right for them.

Mods.... I feel it is arrogant to ask this... but can this be stickied? I think it is important for the growth of all of those that come here to learn about crystals.

Blessings

Tilia

Neville
05-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Hello Tilia.

I do find myself agreeing, If people get the impression that Crystals are "Hard Work" they might be put off.

I refer to my opening observation in this article;

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3793

Working with Crystals? Well to be honest half of the objective is acheived because they work with you too.As soon as you come into contact with them.
The Most basic way a Crystal works with you is that it uplifts you simply because it is pleasing to the eye and in some cases to the touch, As with anything that is Aesthetically pleasing the upliftment comes along automatically It makes you feel Good,

Best wishes Neville

Sungirl
05-10-2010, 10:30 AM
I did start reading your thread Neville but I am at work and am supposed to be working. I will read it later.

I think we are agreeing, however I did see that you had given some "how to's" in your thread... as much as these are helpful I think it needs to be clear that they won't necessarilly work for all.

I have personal experience of this....

On the first day of my course I was told to put 2 quartz points in the palms of the client, one facing up one facing down... then hold 2 more on the base of their feet, one up one down, creating a circuit. I was told that I would feel something that would show me that there was an imbalance and that if I waited I would feel the imbalance clear..... I felt nothing and felt a failure. Others were feeling it, why couldn't I?

However, if I had been taught that there were many ways to experience this I might have realised that I had to listen in my head and wait to be told when the energies were balanced I might have felt more happy earlier on.

In giving one size fits all rules one alientates those that the rules don't apply to. One limits their learning.

Nothing wrong with giving "how to" suggestions, and it is possible that I haven't read all that you have written and you have included this in your post.... but it is important to teach people to listen to their own truths and that maybe the rules don't apply to them.

In the end tho... I think we are agreeing ;)

Katiecat
16-11-2010, 01:33 AM
I love this idea that Tilia has in the OP...... For me, I get turned off by "hokus pokus" rituals. I do cleanse, charge, and sometimes program my crystals...however, I don't do anything fancy. They help me tons.

LightFilledHeart
16-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I love this idea that Tilia has in the OP...... For me, I get turned off by "hokus pokus" rituals. I do cleanse, charge, and sometimes program my crystals...however, I don't do anything fancy. They help me tons.

Ditto! I do so with breath and intent :smile:

Sungirl
16-11-2010, 09:34 PM
I think it is always important to ask why we do things. Is it because we have been told to? Is it because we have always done it that way? Or, do we evaluate the situation and do what is right for that moment?

I think it is always important to question and go with what is right for that moment, and be open to it being completely different to what we have done before.

eptah
29-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Amazing,
well said
I believe this applies to everything..
If you believe ( without a doubt) in a method.
Then you bring that method to life
it will work
cause you have willed it to
NO LIMITATIONS

Spiritlite
29-12-2010, 02:18 AM
After I learned the basics when I first started collecting I eventually realized that those "rules" were not for me, and I cleanse recharge them however I want to do it. I think the basics are good for anyone but in time you will intuitively come up with your own rules.
Spiritlite.

Lamby
29-12-2010, 04:15 AM
This topic is so helpful to me right now. Thank you for posting this. I was just writing in my page about how I've begun to be interested in these things now. I've had some crystals and such - but I had them solely because I just liked them, not that I knew about them.

With the encouragement from this topic, I've just put my large chunk of amethyst (and another stone that I need help identifying) outside in the moonlight tonight. It feels like the right thing. In the morning, before the sun is on it too long, I'll bring it in. It will be getting a rinse under water. Then I'll be asking the Archangels, angels and Blessed Mother to help me with them. It feels like the right thing to do. It may take some effort and time because it did live in a very negative home. Ironically, when I was about to prepare little salt water bath for the Amethyst, I managed to stick my thumb hard with a not-so-pointy scissors. I took that as a sign not to do the salt water in this case. Point taken, you could say. ;-)

Spiritlite
29-12-2010, 04:20 AM
Lamby that sounds lovely. To me each crystal and person is different and you have to do what your gut says you should do.
Spiritlite.

Lamby
29-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Thanks, Spiritlite. I appreciate hearing your thoughts. I was a little worried about putting it out in this cold weather (snow and ice) - but nothing barred me from doing so - so the cold must be okay?

Sungirl
31-12-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm glad it is helping people to listen to their intution rather than other's "rules".

Another question I find helpful is

"why am I doing this? Is it for the stone or is it for me?"

For instance... when we feel the need to cleanse, charge and program, are we cleansing, charging and programming the crystal, are we doing it to ourselves or is it because we feel the need for some form of control?

I spent some time with a stone once and I was told that there are layers to "intent". There is the concious level where we are aware of the steps we are taking and why we think we are doing it, but there are deeper levels where our ego, intuition or needs are voiced. It is important to understand those deeper levels to be truly self aware. To understand really why we do things.

Does a specific process need to be done for the reason we think it needs doing, or is it just because it makes us feel better?

Not sure if that made any sense to anyone outside my head and I am already asking the same questions about why I needed to post this..... hmmmm... pondering...

Volune
27-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Um. Crystals are tools and the human body does contain a very small amount of crystal. It's just that I don't really think only listening to intuition will solve the problem of working with crystals. I do agree intuition must also be included in the work of crystals. I'm not really a fan of any sort of massive crystal mix scare or the environment protector, however I do think crystals should be perserved for some rare cases.

Isn't charging, cleaning, and programing a crystal part of an instruction?
-----Maybe I'm reading the posts wrong------

Sungirl
28-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Um. Crystals are tools and the human body does contain a very small amount of crystal.

That is an opinion you are entitled to but is not the same as mine.

It's just that I don't really think only listening to intuition will solve the problem of working with crystals.

What "problem" is that?

Isn't charging, cleaning, and programing a crystal part of an instruction?
-----Maybe I'm reading the posts wrong------

Personally I believe that crystals don't come with "instructions". Whatever you believe about them on a spiritual level, whether they are "tools" or multidimensional beings, how can it not be better to find your own way of working with them rather than blndly following instructions in "parrot fashion"?

I believe it is better to do all you do with crystals with intention and personal understanding rather than because "someone told you to do it that way"

Volune
28-01-2011, 10:26 PM
That is an opinion you are entitled to but is not the same as mine.

What "problem" is that?

Personally I believe that crystals don't come with "instructions". Whatever you believe about them on a spiritual level, whether they are "tools" or multidimensional beings, how can it not be better to find your own way of working with them rather than blndly following instructions in "parrot fashion"?

I believe it is better to do all you do with crystals with intention and personal understanding rather than because "someone told you to do it that way"
Salt is a type of crystalline structure and so is calcite and calcite-related structures, which is present in the human bones and cell structure. Problems: crystal react in the unexpected way. I don't follow instructions like a parrot. I mean humans give others such as humans instructions--not crystals giving instructions. Please read carefully. I believe crystals are crystals. I use crystals for multipurposes, which is also an opinion. If you don`t like what I type, I don`t really care.

Sungirl
01-02-2011, 04:13 PM
What you believe is entirely up to you. Honestly, I was simply trying to understand what you were saying. There is no need to be quite so sharp.

I don't personally believe there are any instructions with crystals other than maybe a little reverance goes a long way. But even that is just my opinion.

As you say "crystals react in unexpected ways" which is in line with what I am saying... work with them using your own intuition rather than assuming that what someone says works for them will always work for you. Listen, observe, be aware.. don't use blind faith.

Once again, this is just my opinion but I truly believe you can't go wrong if you listen to your own truth rather than someone elses.

Volune
01-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I apologize for trying to be sharp. Thank you for commenting your viewpoint that way.

Spiritlite
01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh lets all be happy and discuss crystals :)
Spiritlite.

Volune
01-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Oh lets all be happy and discuss crystals :)
Spiritlite.
Sure. What do Spiritlite want to discuss about?

junemoon
07-02-2011, 06:17 PM
My Daughter bought me a small piece of moldavite yesterday which i held for a short period of time. I soon realised that my throat was becoming quite painful and as the night wore on it became worse and it woke me several times as i slept. Does anyone know if this could have any relevance or am i simply suffering from a sore throat.

Volune
07-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Moldavite is a stone that encourage bacteria and micro-organism growth when there is a limited or little amount of vitamin C and fiber. Take some Ester-C or orange juice with some pasta.

StoneWhisper
18-02-2011, 11:58 PM
As the title of this post would indicate.. we are all here learning, including myself.. there can be not right or wrong answers when dealing with forced many have yet to encounter or feel. One thing will remain constant. that what ever stones or crystals we have.. Science must be allowed to offer us (the stone user) its best judgement call on what the stone actually is.. After this.. we must decide what is the best way to use the stones or crystals.

I take this subject very serious and wish others who allow me to post comments within there topic would view my comments as such. There seems to a lack of faith in me, my comments and the comments of others when dealing with the simi unknown.

I would hope that many would read the original post/heading of the topic area and not take the words or the words of others for granted. We all have a faith or belief in something.. and to judge or in many case misjudge others because of our statement should be condemned.

So I will ask all whom wish that I post my responses to their questions.. Have an open mind and view my statements as if you've seen them for the first time and not cast your judgement on my writing or comments. If you don't believe it then thee isn't reason to respond to my response negotiably.

In other words: "If you don't believe in the answer or with the response, Then why bother asking the question In the first place"

Sungirl
19-02-2011, 09:27 AM
???? where did that come from?

As to your summation of "if you don't believe the answer, why ask the question?"... when asking a question that relates to personal experience it is quite possible that the answer (which is only the opinion of the answerer) is not applicable. Just because someone answers a question it doesn't mean that the answer is right... ask me what 2+2, I could answer 5.. does that make 2+2=5?

Maybe I misunderstood and apologies if I did.

Still not sure how this relates to my personal desire to encourage people to listen to their own truths rather than blindly believe others....

ZeroPointField
07-04-2011, 03:39 AM
Very nice OP, Tilia!

In various healing/metaphysical/spiritual areas, I often like to read a lot of older writings about these things. I've noticed in some of the older things I've seen about working with stones(or other types of healing/spirituality as well), either -

A. the "rules" are very different

B. the "rules" are much more ambiguous and intuitive

I think this is because both the older rules and new ones are right(well, some of them), BUT only in certain cases and not ALL THE TIME. And the more expansive, intuitive rules are just written by people who understand the workings of energy better, but in recent times people don't want expansive, they want simple and laid out for them.

So, although I do think there are certain basic rules of how energy works, etc., I very much agree that there are way too many hard and fast rules about crystals these days and I especially agree with the more general point of your OP that people need to think for themselves and question things.

One other thing - I think when reading about crystals, or any subject for that matter, you really need to consider the source. I have read books about crystals where the author clearly had NO idea what they were talking about. But people see the cool illustrations, fancy words, etc. and automatically assume the information is high quality. This is a problem with a lot of metaphysical authors, and it ranges from just sheer ignorance to downright taking advantage of people. And if more people would think for themselves, maybe there would be less chance for all the kooks out there in this field to take advantage.

Zoclora
13-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I learned that crystals "speak" to you and that helps you pick out the right one for you. The ones I have help open my 3rd eye, heart chakra, and helps me learn lusid dreaming. And so far it has not faild me yet!

They are exlant tools to help you get a jump start on things. :D It just takes a bit of work geting the crystal to warm up and a clean once in a while. I warm my crystal up by just holding it at home while on the computer, watching tv or somthing. But every one is diffrent ^^; So my way may or may not work for you.

surrendertotheflow
17-06-2011, 05:20 PM
I recently came across a bracelet made out of Tiger's Eye, brownish, golden hues. There are 11 little gemstones fastened to a silver bracelet. I found it in some of my mother's odds and ends. Her best friend had given it to her with other assortments of jewelry pieces (they make hemp jewelry). So it didn't have any significance to either of them, and I quickly snatched it up. Since putting it on my right wrist, I feel a bit calmer.

I don't plan on cleansing it in anyway, just taking it with me where I go. I don't feel that it needs to be cleansed or charged, as it is resting happily on my wrist and not causing me any grief. I'm happy to work with it in it's natural state...

I would, however, like others opinions on tiger's eye or anything they have experienced/experimented with this stone. I have never worked with crystals or gems at all.

scorpiowitch66
17-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi Surrendertotheflow,

I also have a tiger's eye bracelet that I never take off. I think it grounds and calms me and often bring extra with me in a pouch.

Just as an aside, I bought the bracelet on the day that I started on my current spiritual journey....

:D Enjoy!

surrendertotheflow
17-06-2011, 06:06 PM
thanks scorpiowitch! :color: That's really awesome how we find things at the exact time we should :wink:

chakragal
27-06-2011, 04:12 AM
I agree with all of this. I do now cleanse any new crystal, but I do it with a modern twist-I use a healing image that I found from a spiritual healer site, and use my tablet computer to display it, resting the crystals on it. I also use an isochronic sound program-play it on my computer or iPhone-the sound vibration cleanses, and I also use an amethyst cluster. But basically I just also convey my intent that loving energy pass through them. some might do a HMMM at my healing image, but I love it, and it's what I feel is right, which the crystals detect my intent. I'm a bit of a "techie" so why not integrate part of me into this is how I feel. And BTW-I have a gorgeous thick tiger's eye bracelet made up of multiple strands of tiger's eye nuggets. I wore it many times without cleansing it. I only just did so recently and I've had it for a few years.

raradolly
03-08-2011, 01:39 AM
I agree, while these rules might work for some type of majority or section of the population, I don't think they always apply.

Trusting your intuition is the most important, because each one of us is different, and just like we interact with foodstuffs differently, some of us have allergies, some of us don't, we interact with crystals differently.

When I was first buying crystals, it was because I have a few rare genetic disorders that I found out about (I always knew something was up, but didn't know what I had), and I wanted to find alternative methods to getting rid of my pain than drugs which seem to always have nasty effects. I've always liked rocks, so I thought, hey, I should just get some.

When I got home from my shopping spree, I found that with my Malachite and Chrysocolla with Hematite, I really wanted to eat them. It was my intuition to put them in my mouth. I found this to be odd, so I looked up what elements Malachite, Chrysocolla, and Hematite are made out of. I found copper, and iron. I realized that these can be toxic to a person if they have too much of them. At this point I thought, maybe I need more copper and iron in my diet?

Come to find out, as a side effect of having my genetic problems, I have a constant deficiency in Copper, and Iron with Sulfur.

So even though putting Malachite in your mouth isn't a good idea for most people, it's not going to affect me negatively.

However, I still don't put it in my mouth, but I'm fond of having it around and holding it.

miss_believed
03-08-2011, 02:12 AM
Over the years there seems to have been a number of "rules" created about how to work with crystals. We have almost all heard these "rules"

You MUST cleanse, charge and program your crystal.
Crystals of a certain colour go with a certain chakra.
You should use this crystal for this problem.
Crystals are "tools" and nothing more.
Whatever other rules people have heard....People who are new to working with crystals rarely question these as they look to those more exprienced and assume that what they are saying is applicable to them.

Now, don't think I am saying that these rules are wrong. For some people they are surely right....

What I am asking is a more intuitive way of teaching/learning about crystals.

Rather than saying that one set of rules applies to all people and all crystals, teach a person how to learn what rules, if any, apply to themselves.

Teach people to follow their intuition, listen to their own hearts and the crystals themselves to see what is the right way to work for them.

Let them learn that actually it is ok to find that when you put amethyst under their pillow they feel all jangly.. even though one of the "rules" says amethyst is good for sleep.

Let them learn that maybe they don't feel the need to "cleanse charge and program" but rather to pamper and co-create with their crystals.

Let them learn that yes, this particular crystal does need help to cleanse itself of some nasty energies.... but maybe the next one won't.

Teaching "rules" is limiting, it stops people thinking for themselves. Teaching people to use their intuition allows them to grow and progress. To be unlimited in the way they work.. and to work in the way that is right for them.

Mods.... I feel it is arrogant to ask this... but can this be stickied? I think it is important for the growth of all of those that come here to learn about crystals.

Blessings

Tilia

im continually seeing the words king and crown or princess,
i see a lot of signs and most i accept but this feels like a warning i feel i really must work on my head chakra, what crystals do you suggest? x

Sungirl
03-08-2011, 06:51 PM
as per the post you quoted, I would suggest visiting a shop selling crystals ans listen to see which one calls to you.

Likes2Read
01-09-2011, 02:20 AM
as per the post you quoted, I would suggest visiting a shop selling crystals ans listen to see which one calls to you.

That's absolutely a great way to encounter a crystal that's meant to have a strong connection with you.

But I have also had some success with connecting with pieces that I've ordered online. I can think of two specific pieces, a quartz sphere and an elestial amethyst point, that I felt a tremendous connection to after seeing their images online. The amethyst point was something that I ordered from a South African website -- I'm in the USA -- so needless to say, with a distance like that, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to "meet" the point in person before I bought it. But the connection was, and is, there all the same.

Even pieces that are bought in bulk from online can yield a connection. I bought some clear quartz spheres from China on eBay, with the intention of using them to make metaphysical items like wands and jewelry. From about 100 spheres, I found the one that volunteered to be in the necklace I was making for myself. And it's just a great connection, one that never could've happened for me if I hadn't believed that we can procure stones via internet orders and have a legitimate, solid rapport with them.

Kristin050585
01-09-2011, 03:13 AM
I have that with certain stones. Many of the stones I buy in bulk I will pick out one that calls to me. I have had no problem having a connection with stones online.

Sungirl
01-09-2011, 12:45 PM
That's absolutely a great way to encounter a crystal that's meant to have a strong connection with you.

But I have also had some success with connecting with pieces that I've ordered online. I can think of two specific pieces, a quartz sphere and an elestial amethyst point, that I felt a tremendous connection to after seeing their images online. The amethyst point was something that I ordered from a South African website -- I'm in the USA -- so needless to say, with a distance like that, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to "meet" the point in person before I bought it. But the connection was, and is, there all the same.

Even pieces that are bought in bulk from online can yield a connection. I bought some clear quartz spheres from China on eBay, with the intention of using them to make metaphysical items like wands and jewelry. From about 100 spheres, I found the one that volunteered to be in the necklace I was making for myself. And it's just a great connection, one that never could've happened for me if I hadn't believed that we can procure stones via internet orders and have a legitimate, solid rapport with them.

Whether online or face to face, you are still selecting by intuition rather than because a book listed that crystal as the right one :D

BwellBTR
08-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Crystals as with any form of matter nature are a unique vibration. Their composition is the key to their signature, yet just as with the Humans that seek to relate to them each is unique of any number of reasons. Rules are the boarders that define a path, not it's purpose. Any path taken by Humans holds an expectation, which is its purpose whether know or unknown.
To understand anything within the matter realm, it is most important to have a perception of the destination and the intent that has brought you to this point.
We are drawn to Crystals for any number of reasons, yet how we choose to work with them will define our relationship with more than our intent. All matter is a living expression of Energy. In the end their is only one rule, "No harm to any including Self." Let your "intent" be the compass that directs your travels and may the rules you follow be those that balance the greater good of all energies involved... Blessings

BwellBTR
11-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Humans set rules the stones don't... Nature has guide lines... intent is the truth of purpose.