PDA

View Full Version : Met a Satyr while meditating

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
10-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Hey all,

While trying a meditation last night, I met a satyr, which I thought was pretty cool. I had been talking to my guide before that, but he told me to talk to this satyr (as though to say here is some proof). It was as I had read earlier that day - tall, slightly tanned skin, dark hair, long horns and the legs of a goat. Unlike the stories, he didn't have a beard, and he held a lyre rather htan the pan pipes. I must admit, he did put my mind at ease, going as far as taking my hand to 'pet' his goat leg!

Has anyone else ever met a satyr, faun or even Pan himself? I'd like to know. :)

shadedragon
10-08-2012, 06:40 PM
:) I have met some fauns and I believe one or two satryrs, it was quite interesting experiences on both our parts :P I encountered basically the same, no beard, and he had a lyre :D although he did introduce me to another who did have a beard (I was little, and a bit curious about it ;) I sense also that the energy of who you met was similar to who I met, but different, possibly a family relation or something :)

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
10-08-2012, 07:05 PM
:) I have met some fauns and I believe one or two satryrs, it was quite interesting experiences on both our parts :P I encountered basically the same, no beard, and he had a lyre :D although he did introduce me to another who did have a beard (I was little, and a bit curious about it ;) I sense also that the energy of who you met was similar to who I met, but different, possibly a family relation or something :)

Ooh, that is very interesting! It's nice to know that someone else has met them before! The satyr I met was very patient with me. We've spoken a few times outside of that, but I never actually *saw* him until yesterday; so he knew I'd be a little uneasy. When I did ask why he had a lyre, he replied "So I'm not allowed to play any other instruments?!" Oops... xD

vicky3619
10-08-2012, 07:12 PM
sounds a great experience :)! I hope I'll met one one day or another :)

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
10-08-2012, 07:17 PM
It was quite a surprise that he *wanted* to meet me while I was attempting meditation! It gave me great confidence that I can actually do it. I know you'll be able to meet one one day! :hug:

Quagmire
10-08-2012, 07:43 PM
In this life I have not met any satyrs, but have had at least one past life where they played a major role. But on a sidenote I believe that Kurt Cobain is the mortal incarnation of Pan and that he is also known as Cernunnos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cernunnos). By any chance that it was Marsyas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsyas) you met?

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
10-08-2012, 07:56 PM
In this life I have not met any satyrs, but have had at least one past life where they played a major role. But on a side I believe that Kurt Cobain is the mortal incarnation of Pan and that he is also known as Cernunnos. By any chance that it was Marsyas you met?
That is very interesting to hear. As for it being Marsyas? I'm not too sure. He didn't give me a name. While I was reading that article, I noticed how the sculptures were in human form, and the satyr I spoke to said how he could change forms between satyr and human, which I found a little odd. While he did mention Apollo and carried a lyre, I don't think he was any way negative about it. He didn't mention the contest either.

Quagmire
10-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Very interesting :D The thing is that these stories now known as myth happened a very long time ago, so they probably have laid old strifes to rest. If it is Marsyas I have a message for him. He is once more welcome to play whatever instrument he want. If he asks who gave you that message, then tell him I have gotten it from Hermes :wink:

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
10-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Very interesting :D The thing is that these stories now known as myth happened a very long time ago, so they probably have laid old strifes to rest. If it is Marsyas I have a message for him. He is once more welcome to play whatever instrument he want. If he asks who gave you that message, then tell him I have gotten it from Hermes :wink:
I did so and he seemed quite amused. Then he told me that he was going to check. So you may have a visitor...
(You may be right about him being Marsyas as well...)

Quagmire
10-08-2012, 08:49 PM

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
10-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Oh really? That sounds good to know. He seems quite the gent. Did he say anything about me? :P

Quagmire
10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
I will just go with my intuition on this one, as I did not ask :wink: but he seem to like you very much and yes he is quite the gent. I like the Faun that Lucy meets in Narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe. May I suggest that there is a possibility that you have been lovers in a past life... not the faun from Narnia but the Satyr :wink:

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
10-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I will just go with my intuition on this one, as I did not ask :wink: but he seem to like you very much and yes he is quite the gent. I like the Faun that Lucy meets in Narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe. May I suggest that there is a possibility that you have been lovers in a past life... not the faun from Narnia but the Satyr :wink:
Oh really? Now that is interesting! :wink:
Although, that does remind me of something. He once told me that he didn't see me as I am right now, rather than what my soul 'ought to look like', which may suggest something. :confused:
Any idea what that could mean?

Quagmire
10-08-2012, 09:49 PM
If my memory serves me right I do believe that the Satyrs was quite fond of Nymphs :wink: and Sirens. Do the word/name Sibyl say anything to you?

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
10-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm not entirely sure off-hand... They don't particularly stand out to me.

Quagmire
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
We will see things when we are ready to see them if it is something we have to see. You might ask your Satyr what he sees and what your connection is :wink:

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
10-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Hm... That sounds like a good idea. I might check what he thinks and update tomorrow. Thanks for the help! ^^

Quagmire
11-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I am all ears to hear how this adventure will continue :hug2: with the right questions we get the answers we seek, with the wrong we only aquire even more questions :icon_eek:

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
11-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Alright, this morning I tried again. Once more I meditated and tried to return to the location I found myself other times, which is me sitting under a large tree at the top of a hill. While I was under a tree, the ground before me was flat. Then, I felt a little drop of water hit the top of my head, which not only startled me, but made me notice a little lake to my right, and a small open area a little further ahead. I decided it would be smart to walk over there, but a man walked over to me as I stood up. He told me he wanted to talk to me for a moment or two and asked me to walk with him to this open area. As we walked, he introduced himself as Dionysus, which is the god satyrs are associated with (though I do think I did partially-accidently summon him as I was doing a little reading online before I started). Anyway, he appeared to me quite young (probably late twenties??) and his hair was either short and tied back, so I couldn't see it. We sat down and he offered me a piece of bread, which I don't remember eating. He asked me what was wrong, and why did I seem so lost. I told him how I thought I met a satyr but I wasn't entirely sure, though I didn't mention a name. Dionysus then replied how Marsyas wasn't evil and wouldn't intend harm (even though I didn't say the satyr's name, remember).

When I added how the satyr saw me as something different, Dionysus decided to show me what he saw. He led me over to three young satyrs (they hardly looked twelve if they had been human) and asked them to describe how they saw me. After a bit of examining, they told me I had short dark hair (to my shoulder) and eyes like moss, "in a good way". Now, I have long dark brown hair (which can touch the small of my back) and pale blue eyes, so it definitely wasn't 'me' they saw; and I did feel my hair shorter (which I had thought was because my hair was tied up). Their deed done, the three younger satyrs (or maybe even fauns) skipped off. Dionysus turned to me and reminded me of some advice. This included to remember that the soul can look different to those that do not reside in the physical world, and not to always apply logic to things that happen (he did mention your suggestion that time passes and grudges wouldn't be held forever). Then he suggested I return to the tree and return to my body.

This isn't really relevant, but I find it interesting. On my way back to that tree, a little creature flew by me and gave me a little kiss. I had thought they were nymphs, but they were very small. If anything, they reminded me of fairies. I guess she was about.. 10 centimetres tall? (Don't take that as fact)

((Just before I posted this, I read over it again. It does sound like I was asleep or making this up! D: ))

Quagmire
11-08-2012, 06:30 PM
But Nymphs are a specie of fairies in Greek Mythology the same way Pixies is and said to reside in the South of Britain. But reading your message it all sounded very familiar and I thought of Hermes, so you saying Dionysus was not surprising. My main spirit guide is Athena and after I recognized this I started to feel we were in the same soul group. Last year I got the notice I was suppose to me a mortal incarnation of Hermes, this was too much for me to cope. But it came back this February. By someone else I have been described as the Titan Krios. As I seem to remember it out of Krios Zeus created Zagrius (this means they are the same on a soul level). Zagrius was then ticked by the Titans and killed. His heart was recovered and put into Maya by Zeus and then she gave birth to Hermes. Dionysus is a demi-god and I feel quite sure when I say he is a mortal incarnation of Hermes. It was the life of Dionysus I thought about when I said I have had at least one life where Satyrs played a major role, so it would not be a big surprise that he knew the name of Marsyas :wink:

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
11-08-2012, 06:44 PM
I suppose nymphs can be seen as fairies, but I lways likened them to be human-sized rather than Thumbelina size. On top of that, the artwork I found when I was reading on nymphs also suggested that they were human-size spirits of a sort.

I do remember you telling me some of that before. While that does clear the air a little, two questions still remain. First one is about how the spirit appears different to the physical body. Up to now, I haven't found anything that seems to enlighten me, but it is possible that your spirit could take on the form of a previous life of some sort, right? The second is - can I trust what I saw earlier? I'm not a sceptic, but I have been tricked before by those with bad intentions.

Quagmire
11-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Remeber that Marsyas told you he could change between Satyr form and Huamn form, why could that not apply to the Nymphs. I know this girl IRL. First she started to appear to me as a golden dragon with a human form also. Later I got the notice that she was also a muse. Hope these words help. I believe your soul will show itself to an individual as the form they will recognize the most. Athena shows herself to me in a form I know as Anna and the soul mate I have but is not united with shows herself as Idunn.

I believe it to be through. But the real question for me is: with our conversation, the others in this thread and the ones you have had with Dionysus and Marsyas have you felt any bad intentions.

Also if I may ask, who is it that you have met who had bad intentions (if I have a chance to know them :wink:)

merrie
11-08-2012, 07:09 PM
This happened to me, too. I was also meditating. He was playing a pipe. I was so surprised I stopped meditating.

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
This happened to me, too. I was also meditating. He was playing a pipe. I was so surprised I stopped meditating.
Oh really? That's really funny. If that happened to me, I know I'd do the exact same! Did the music sound nice, though? I haven't heard pan pipes or similiar played by a professional in a few years.

I suppose I didn't think of that aspect. So far, things have been better. Any time I have been nervous or unsure, I've pretty much been asked up front what is wrong, and why don't I ask them. That, or I'm comforted until I feel a little calmer. Sadly, I don't think you'd know the spirit I knew. Hell, I don't even know who it really was! xD

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 12:33 AM
:D funny, I am multitasking in ap right now, and wanted to post that I just met a satyr who gave me a pipe, he had that same name, Dionysus :) we spoke shortly and parted ways, as I am showing another around a realm. Although I don't understand the giving of the pipe, it seems very important. Does anyone have any insight to this? :P
I also mentioned to him that I knew you guys, so if he mentions a Little Wing :) you know why :P (Little Wing is the name I was given by Mother Earth, many creatures seem to know it though)

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 12:38 AM
I do but the message is for you to discover :wink:

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 12:46 AM
For some reason that made me smile uncontrollably when I read that post :P but I guess I still have to figure it out :D

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Have you tried to play the pipes :wink:

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 01:00 AM
I did think on that and I've gotten several visions of me playing them as well, with this strange gold background. I'll try it now :)

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 01:03 AM
A satyr caught me and is showing me how to play them :D I had started and first this beautiful sound came out.. then a not so nice one came along when he grabbed my arm gently. I guess I haven't played in a while ;)

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 01:06 AM
As we in this thread are interacting with Marsyas you should ask him to help :D

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 01:18 AM
I will :) I didn't think of that. .. I think I just realized something though.. :P

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 01:23 AM
It seems that the one who was helping me.. well he looked familiar and I realized I had just seen him :P its Dionysus. I thought it may have been before but now I'm pretty certain, plus while typing that last message.. I was writing his name very differently and realized.. wait a second this is his true name! And then well... I'm not sure what to think. :) but I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough, and continue learning how to play these pipes ;)

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 01:23 AM
I am all ears to hear if you understand what you are getting taught :wink:

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 01:29 AM
I have no idea :) I only have a strange feeling that this is familiar.. and a strange sense that makes me smile :) I am learning to play the pipes, but not just any pipes and for not just any reason.. there is a meaning behind the sound itself, like an energy slowly growing within.. or something along those lines :)

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 01:33 AM
At some point you will realize it and then you will laught... we will all laught. I would tell you what it was all about if it was not for the balance of the basics :wink:

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 01:43 AM
? And I continue forevermore playing the pipes, blind to the answer, oblivious me :D although I just now got a vision of a brick thrown at me (a wake up call ;) so maybe it'll come thru, as I continue happily playing the pipes :)
For some reason I don't think I can surpress those very random smiles. :P
(I'm not a fan of the balance of the basics right now :P but don't spoil it, I feel like a little kid :)

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 01:51 AM
If anything is spoiled I am not the one who spoils it :wink:

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 02:27 AM
:P nope your not. But now I keep hearing this very loud highpitched sound :P
I know him from a past life, we were rather close to say the least from what I pick up on. :) I'm learning some small tunes, but then I had this feeling.. and I stopped playing, and I feel I should not continue, so I have given it a break.

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 02:42 AM
In a past life I was the most talent musician to have ever walked Earth. It is said I could even charm stones :wink:

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Who were you? :)

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 03:18 AM
I was the demi-god Orpheus :wink:

Orpheus (play /ˈɔrfiːəs/ or /ˈɔrfjuːs/; Ancient Greek: Ὀρφεύς) was a legendary musician, poet, and prophet in ancient Greek religion and myth. The major stories about him are centered on his ability to charm all living things and even stones with his music

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 04:11 AM
nice :) do you have memories of that life? Sounds interesting to hear about :D

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 04:17 AM
The only complete memory I have is how Aphrodite saves us (the Argonauts) from the wrath of Poseidon because she falls in love with my voice. She then safe guards us to the birth island of Apollo and Artemis. I am not sure why Poseidon got angry :tongue: The outcome of the visit with Aphrodite is the demi-god Eros (a mortal incarnation of Hestia).

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 05:19 AM
(You know your signature makes me squirm :hug2:)
:) thanks for sharing though, I think we may have spoken on this before :P

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
12-08-2012, 09:45 AM
:D funny, I am multitasking in ap right now,

If you don't mind me asking, what do mean by this?

Also, that is a very interesting conversation you two had! Seems that satyrs are more common all of a sudden. :wink:
Have either of you had any more luck since then?

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 11:35 AM

I was going to write no, when I found myself on top of the hill under the tree. Then my mind wandered towards the grove of Dionysus and I went there. It is such a beautiful and magical place :D you should ask Marsyas if he can take you there. But I haven't talked to any Satyr, but did encounter a Nymph.

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
12-08-2012, 12:31 PM
I was going to write no, when I found myself on top of the hill under the tree. Then my mind wandered towards the grove of Dionysus and I went there. It is such a beautiful and magical place :D you should ask Marsyas if he can take you there. But I haven't talked to any Satyr, but did encounter a Nymph.
You found yourself under the tree as well? That is interesting! And what about the grove? What does that look like?
Next time, I shall. I was going to try last night, but I realised I was too tired and decided to sleep instead. Then I'm minding my nieces now. I must try again later on.

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 03:01 PM
You should train in throwing part of your consciousness to other places, then you can do both things at once :wink: I am not sure why I call it a grove when it is more of a clearing in the forrest. No it is a small grove surrounded by trees, not a very large clearing. So does this make sense hehe. There is this here very large very ancient looking oak tree and there is a small stream. I can hear it as I am writing here. It is just such a beautiful and magical place impossible for me to really describe well enough. This here picture is not good because it is not very precise, yet I chose it because it has nymphs and a stream.

http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5272406/il_fullxfull.24890136.jpg

shadedragon
12-08-2012, 03:27 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what do mean by this?

Also, that is a very interesting conversation you two had! Seems that satyrs are more common all of a sudden. :wink:
:) I tuned out ready for sleep- but I did see a dragon last night sleeping on my sister's bed (scary when you hear breathing in the mist of the night and no one is in the room but you :D)
what I meant by that was I was in ap while controlling my body to type, it was quite amusing though :P I was off in another realm while controlling my body here- multitasking :D
I don't think it was sudden, this forum seems to have attracted them more to each of us, the law of attraction at work :)

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
12-08-2012, 05:56 PM
that is sort of how I saw those nymphs (like the one sitting in the tree). Obviously, they were smaller to me, but I'll explain that later on.

Shadedragon - So it is possible to be physically awake and doing something (like lying on the couch) and know you're elsewhere?? :icon_eek: I felt that happen to me before, but I didn't think it could actually happen. I thought I was making it up. Being told that by you and Dreamweaver has put my mind at ease about that. Thanks! :D

And I know what you mean Shade. It seems the law of attraction is very much in action right now!

So anyway, I had another meditation today. I've been trying ways to keep my eyes from randomly fluttering open and breaking my concentration. This afternoon I tried wearing a hat of mine backwards (which Marsyas thought looked silly on me normally). At first, I couldn't really see anything, then I saw a face DIRECTLY in front of mine! Turns out it was one of the younger satyrs I mentioned yesterday. He brought me over to the clearing where I was yesterday, where it seems Marsyas was as well. We spoke briefly, before he decided he wanted to show me something. He led me through the opening, around a path, and I found myself at the foot of a hill, with a tree at the top. It was the same one I had found myself at before (which I discovered when I stood underneath it). We left there and returned to the clearing. While there, I sat with one of the younger satyr, who told me about the nymphs. He said that they prefer being small so people will mistake them for fairies and pay attention to them. He added how they are beautiful to see at night as they have colours that light up (kinda like fireflies).

Then one of the others pushed me into the water. Not fun. x3

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Sound like fun :tongue: play with water and you get wet. Maybe the act was to show you something. The first I thought about with the combination of Nymphs and Water was: the Oceanides (http://www.theoi.com/Nymphe/Okeanides.html). But as you get more comfortable with all of this ask them to take you on adventoures :wink:

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
12-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Perhaps it was. Or that the young satyrs were bored. :D
I read through the article, and I feel it may have been more toward Naiads. They seem very friendly, and I've had one of two fly up to me and try to examine my face, knowing I was a stranger. As for adventures? I think I'll hold off until I get used to meditating properly!

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I read through the article, and I feel it may have been more toward Naiads.

Hehe I actually chose not to write the Naiads :wink: synchonicity. First I though Oceanides and then my thought went to the Naiads.

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Indeed. :3
But it has been great forming some sort of connection with creatures like Satyrs. I have enjoyed myself, and the ones I've met have been so nice toward me! :D

Quagmire
12-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Am I glad to hear :hug2: When you feel ready for more adventures you should ask Marsyas to take you to Maia (http://www.theoi.com/Nymphe/NympheMaia.html) :D

FalseAwakening
17-08-2012, 05:23 PM
I have a question when you meditate and see these things do you actually see them like your seeing your room? or like a dream? or do you see it like when you daydream? :) just currious because the only things I've seen in my meditations is my room (with my eyes closed) hehehe... bad aren't I?

Quagmire
18-08-2012, 07:24 PM
What makes anyplace or anything real is that we experience it consiously. The unconsiously is what we cannot remember :wink: So who say you really are day dreaming or not just traveling to places that are more exiting?

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
19-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I have a question when you meditate and see these things do you actually see them like your seeing your room? or like a dream? or do you see it like when you daydream? :) just currious because the only things I've seen in my meditations is my room (with my eyes closed) hehehe... bad aren't I?

Don't worry, I'm the exact same! For me, it was similiar to how I see when I'm asleep. Mostly, it's more I 'see' the dark, but 'know' I'm elsewhere.

That makes more sense in my head. I hope you understand what I mean. :3

FalseAwakening
20-08-2012, 04:25 AM
oh ok :/ its just confusing cause I'm really new to this sooo.. I really can't wrap my brain around how you guy's 'see' and 'experience' things >->

wasn't sure if you meditated, or astral projected, or you went to sleep and dreamt it o-o... or even how you experienced it while you meditated and stuff... I tend to be overly analytical ;-; bad bad quality...

Dreaming-for-Tomorrow
23-08-2012, 10:13 AM
oh ok :/ its just confusing cause I'm really new to this sooo.. I really can't wrap my brain around how you guy's 'see' and 'experience' things >->

wasn't sure if you meditated, or astral projected, or you went to sleep and dreamt it o-o... or even how you experienced it while you meditated and stuff... I tend to be overly analytical ;-; bad bad quality...

I get ya fully. To be honest, I'm pretty new to this as well, and am in the same boat. To me, if I overthink it, I'd be afraid of talking myself out of it. Maybe I did sleep, who knows? I decided to jump feet first and let things happen as they happen. I'd like to think I successfully meditated, and can give myself confidence to continue as a result.

Though, my 'seeing' was similiar to the dreaming, if you follow. I'm confusing myself now... :confused:

FalseAwakening
23-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Lol, its fine ive had strange experiences while meditating... Or at least i think so :P feeling someones arm right next to you when no one is actually there is quite creepy lol

that and waking up in a different bed! I think i was APing that time hehehe... Hope i didnt mess up that persons bed too much :P