PDA

View Full Version : Dowsing Rods Open Portals Like Ouija?

IsleWalker
07-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Recently I've been seeing and reading about dowsing rods being similar to Ouija poards in that they can open portals. Those who talked about them say that one shouldn't ever use dowsing rods without knowing what you are doing.

Although I haven't done a lot of research, I always just considered dowsing rods as a somewhat innocuous tool.

Any experiences or information out there?

IsleWalker - Lora

hummingbirdinnc
07-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Ii can say that it certainly did open up my husband and myself. We were shown how to use them when trying to locate unmarked graves in my husband's family cementary. I now can say I wouldn't change anything if I could in the past. However, if asked about 2 years ago I may have answered differently. Within a month after using them we both started swing dark shadows. Hearing voices like a radio or television was left on. Our kids toys would play randomly al times of the day and night. Items would fly off shelves/mantle etc. But finding our faith in God has changed the negative energies into positive. It did a number on our marriage but now we are has as ever. Putting God first and truly praying and believing has helped move things forward. But this started in 2009 and it has taken from then until just the last few months to smooth out. We still see shadows occasionally, but not as much. More now we actually see people and hear them. Even our children see them and occasionally hear them. It's not scary. Sometimes they catch us of guard and they can startle me. But if I feel any negative or uneasy feeling I say the Lord's Prayer and praise God for his help. Most of all...keep smiling..be positive. FWIW, I buried those rods!

IsleWalker
07-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Hummingbirdinnc--

Well, I guess you kind of verified the stories. I know you don't feel it was a bad thing, but I tend to prefer more gradual ways to explore spirituality, even beginning from a place of knowing/believing in Source.

Some people don't make it through an introduction to spirituality that begins with the negative or scary. Just my opinion, I guess.

If there are those who use it for spiritual purposes--and still do--are there specific ways of using them, or some kind of internship process that makes them more ...reliable? Again, I have too little information to even know if that's a dumb question.

Lora

norseman
08-08-2012, 08:09 AM
IsleWalker, here is a link to a long thread which explains more about "portals". Many people are unclear about what a portal actually is.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33001&page=8 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww .spiritualforums.com%252Fvb%252Fshowthread.php%253 Ft%253D33001%2526amp%253Bpage%253D8)

IsleWalker
08-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Interesting reading, Norseman--except for the sniping through most of the thread! I swear, people seem to just be itching to fight about topics rather than discuss. Much heat, little light.

I see that others used portal and vortex interchangeably. I could have said doorway too, I was just trying to equate that the attitude I was hearing toward dowsing sticks was like most (here at least) regard Ouija boards--as something to be careful of.

All this discussion reminds me of a dream I once had. We (hubby and child) drove down the hill in a car, onto the beach and right onto the water. I was sort of holding my breath, waiting for the water to start seeping into the car.

But it didn't. It seemed to grab on to some surface 6" below the water. We got to the other side and I told other Islanders there "We drove over the water." They were unimpressed, saying they did it all the time.

When it was time to go (we were done "shopping") we walked out on the water (!) about 12 feet and stood over this huge vortex in the water. It was 4 feet wide and at least 50 feet deep, swirling and deep blue.

There was a fourth person with us and she stepped into the vortex. I noted the sign that said "Mind purses and bags" so I put my purse over my arm and clutched the bag and jumped.

I arrived at the bottom--unwet, undisturbed. Then I woke.

I know this was symbolic, but I eventually came to believe this (and other dreams of the time) were communicating--you're safe; we've got your back.

Sorry---that dream really did stick with me.

Thanks for the info, Norseman.

Do you consider dowsing rods in the same category as Ouija boards?

Isle - Lora

norseman
08-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Lora, I see most divination methods as methods of triggering your own intuition and sensitivity. I have seen an old engineer dowse for an underground water main under a yard of concrete using nothing more than a couple of bent welding rods. I have dowsed for ley lines with variable success. Those two examples are about increased sensitivity to the Earth's magnetic field.
Ouija boards - I have no experience there but I suspect that they trigger something within the user and leave them open to mischevous spirits of nature. Not to be used lightly !
I do read the tarot and I know that whatever comes from them is actually coming from myself with the cards acting as a focus.
Opening portals is in a different league. It involves shamanic trance to contact Nature Spirits/Ancestral Spirits in another realm of being. Portals are natural places of Power in the landscape. Again, not something to be undertaken lightly.

IsleWalker
08-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Norseman,

Yes, that's the way I thought of dowsing rods--like I said, pretty innocuous and having to do with magnetic energy.

I watched one of those paranormal documentaries (I know--some are absolute ****). This one was a former police officer (woman) who prided herself on being objective. She ended up taking her son with her as a team scoped out an area that was said to have unusual spiritual encounters.

She gave metal dowsing rods (the kind that swivel over the "handle") and immediately he got spooked. His behavior changed drastically in the next three months. You know the story--good student suddenly becomes trouble maker, can't sleep, kicked out of school, rebellious, etc. I think they had an exorcism or Catholic priest intervene.

She was saying things like, "These aren't toys." Then, I heard another similar comment soon after.

In the case mentioned above, he had seemed to let in a bunch of entities. They had to rid them one at a time.

I'm not planning on using them any time soon, just asking! :)

Lora

Trieah
08-08-2012, 07:41 PM
But shouldn't grounding and shielding before using them keep the negative stuff at bay? I would think that it's also related to just what vibrational level the person using them is at, at the time of first using them. I wouldn't expect someone with a low vibration level that has a lot of unresolved emotional baggage, would be able to open doorways to something higher then where they are themselves. Unless of course they did ground, shield and ask for protection from their guides and Angels. But the average person who just picks "magikal tools" up and uses them without knowing too much about it all, doesn't know enough to ground and shield before using them.

So it makes me think that it's more about the intent, lack or knowledge, or inability to rid yourself of your own "negative baggage" that would cause the more negative types of experiences to occur.

Personally, I'd still like to give them a try some day. But I know they're not "toys" to be taken lightly either.

IsleWalker
08-08-2012, 08:18 PM
But shouldn't grounding and shielding before using them keep the negative stuff at bay? I would think that it's also related to just what vibrational level the person using them is at, at the time of first using them. I wouldn't expect someone with a low vibration level that has a lot of unresolved emotional baggage, would be able to open doorways to something higher then where they are themselves. Unless of course they did ground, shield and ask for protection from their guides and Angels. But the average person who just picks "magikal tools" up and uses them without knowing too much about it all, doesn't know enough to ground and shield before using them.

So it makes me think that it's more about the intent, lack or knowledge, or inability to rid yourself of your own "negative baggage" that would cause the more negative types of experiences to occur.

I think you're right, Trieah, that intention and vibrational level and protection can all help when using any spiritual "tool".

I honestly don't know if there are circumstances where these things wouldn't work. If they haven't for others, it's hard to know if it is because those things didn't work, or they still had fears which could be exploited.

And, of course, there are always those who say--"You don't know about evil: It can get you no matter what you do." I tend to be skeptical, but these people all say they have had experiences that prove to them that certain things should never be done.

Probably the truth is somewhere in between. There are reasonable precautions, unreasonable risks that shouldn't be taken and, if you abide by these things, you will be alright.

The way I see it, we are energy that can't be destroyed. Then again, it seems that damage can be done to a soul by certain experiences.

Wish I knew the answer.

Lora

Henri77
09-08-2012, 02:53 AM
We were shown how to use them when trying to locate unmarked graves in my husband's family cementary.Within a month after using them we both started swing dark shadows. Hearing voices like a radio or television was left on.

This is a VERY atypical usage, ( a graveyard) and I'm not all all surprised you attracted earthbound spirits, regardless what tool-method used.

There will always be atypical experiences when exploring spiritual things, but thousands have done dowsing without ill effects I'm sure, just as thousands have used pendulums

Also highly sensitive folks, like the youth mentioned are already susceptible to influences. Blaming the tool may be missing the point in this case.

IMO dowsing rods simply amplify our body's resonance with earth consciousness much as muscle testing connects with the universal subconscious.

I personally don't believe portals, vortexes , or spirits normally have anything to do with it,.
Though one's intent to open their being may be the factor why other phenomena have been experienced by some. I highly expect this an an anomoly and not typical.

Patrick650
24-08-2012, 06:36 PM
My grandfather showed me how to witch water when I was a wee lad with a willow
stick and also rods, which work better for me.
Purely a practical matter never used em for any other purpose, in fact I
had no idea it was "divination" until I was an adult and he was
long deceased. I've never had any bad experiences, but I think
It's cause I don't go looking for them.
Hello everybody, noob here!

IsleWalker
24-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks, Patrick. Noob or not, it's nice to know. That's how I always viewed them--just another tool--until I saw these two shows. Hokey shows.

Welcome.

Lora