PDA

View Full Version : Who is this forest spirit?

Avelynne
04-06-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't have much experience when it comes to nature spirits, but I think that I might have encountered one. Yesterday I was walking in a nearby forest, I suddenly felt like the forest's presence grew "stronger" and it felt like there was something there. Suddenly I had a vision where I was at the center of the forest, and there was a green glowing orb. Then I noticed a spirit moving towards me. He had rather sharp looking face and deer's horns on top of his head. His skin was covered with bark.

The vision got a bit blurrier, but I saw bowed to him and he said "I'd like you to have it". I really don't understand what he meant by that, but then the vision ended and the forest's presence went back to normal. Was that just product of my overactive imagination or does anybody know who he might have been? :confused:

norseman
04-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Two possibilities to consider. Either The Green Man - the spirit of Wild Nature - a vegetation spirit OR Kernunnos [a horned god] - the masculine spirit of nature.

Quagmire
04-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Two possibilities to consider. Either The Green Man - the spirit of Wild Nature - a vegetation spirit OR Kernunnos [a horned god] - the masculine spirit of nature.

My intuition says the latter of the two. Does this here picture make sense to you Avelynne :wink:

http://www.augadha.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cernnunos-with-snakes-playing-a-flute.jpg

Avelynne
05-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Most certainly! Thank you for your reply, that does looks a lot like him. Might you know why he might have appeared to me? I still keep wondering what that vision may have meant. :confused:

Quagmire
05-06-2012, 09:14 AM
If you have to follow your intuition what is the first that comes to mind about why he appeared to you. In this here excersise just follow your heart and know nothing is to strange to be written down :wink:

Henri77
21-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Awesome story......and gift.... I'm envious, (as a city "kid") that you were invited to this realm. I'm having a deeper connection with nature, on occasion, and must really find- venture deeper into some forest, soon.

That clip of Yoda is so deeply moving... how I wish we had more films with such a character-teachings..... His character was a truly inspired idea of Lucas.

I agree... he welcomed you ... now explore deeper, internally.. now that the connection was made.

Dolphins once contacted me, while walking in a busy city area... and I should do the same thing. more often, while in meditation. I've met them on occasion but never begun a dialogue

Wisa'ka
12-08-2012, 02:48 AM
I don't have much experience when it comes to nature spirits, but I think that I might have encountered one. Yesterday I was walking in a nearby forest, I suddenly felt like the forest's presence grew "stronger" and it felt like there was something there. Suddenly I had a vision where I was at the center of the forest, and there was a green glowing orb. Then I noticed a spirit moving towards me. He had rather sharp looking face and deer's horns on top of his head. His skin was covered with bark.

The vision got a bit blurrier, but I saw bowed to him and he said "I'd like you to have it". I really don't understand what he meant by that, but then the vision ended and the forest's presence went back to normal. Was that just product of my overactive imagination or does anybody know who he might have been? :confused:

"I'd like you to have it"

Perhaps something else was watching over and got you out of there, but quick, before whatever it was gave to you whatever it had to give.

Avelynne
12-08-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure, I really don't know what he might have wanted to give me. That forest has quite a strong presence, and now that I have walked there after that vision I've noticed that there are in fact a lot of spirits in there. Many of them are attached to the trees. Do you think that whatever he wanted to give me was something dangerous?

Wisa'ka
12-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure, I really don't know what he might have wanted to give me. That forest has quite a strong presence, and now that I have walked there after that vision I've noticed that there are in fact a lot of spirits in there. Many of them are attached to the trees. Do you think that whatever he wanted to give me was something dangerous?

All forests have strong presence and are full of spirits it's whether we're aware of it/them and able to experience such. This doesn't make us unique, it makes us more in balance.

What has me thinking whatever it was this being had to give you was either not so good, or if you were not ready to receive it, was your description of this experience ending without receiving whatever was spoke of being offered.

Perhaps it was beneficial and you were not ready, or else something watching over pulled you away from this being.

This being wanted to give you something. Did you not say he had skin like tree bark ?

Henri77
13-08-2012, 01:12 AM

For "some reason" I feel he wanted to share an awareness of nature with you.\
I suspect it's part of your nature-past that may have been forgotten.
I feel the ability to commune with nature is VERY important for man in general, as we've become estranged from mother earth.
An not that many westerners are aware of nature intelligence-spirits.

We must consider, nature spirits don't have the same social conventions we do, just as many ET's don't.... so it's best not to judge on social nicieties.

Amer indians, shaman know this well, that nature spirits live by a different code than most socialized humans.

Still, trust YOUR instinct about this particular place.

(the spirits we see in popular media & fiction is man's invention, and is not likely representative of the real thing you perceive

sesheta
13-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Maybe when he appeared to you, part of your mind was wondering why you were having this "vision"..and perhaps his answer of "I want you to have it" was his way of answering your internal question - you were having the vision because "he wanted you to have it." ....Just a thought to ponder :smile:

Animus27
13-08-2012, 08:01 PM

All places (especially wild) have native local wights/spirits. You likely met one. :smile:

norseman
14-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Avelynne, you have been given a great gift. It is not everyone who is visited by a spirit of nature.

Wisa'ka
15-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Visited by one and perhaps pulled away to safety by another.

If one has to ask questions about such visits, than the identity and intentions of that spirit is unknown by whoever is being visited. We cannot assume all such encounters are friendly or productive.

Like accepting a belt, hide, or strange ointment from any passing entity claiming to be the lord of the forest.

Wisa'ka
15-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Of course being more familiar with the large tracts of forested land in and near about my area, I can only offer a limited knowledge of the local woodland spirits of other geographical locations.

Here they can be unconcerned with human life, can be helpful, dangerous, or both, while some can scarf people down like snack crackers. On rare occasions they give gifts which either creates a bond or demand total obedience in return.

Avelynne, you mentioned having a vision and then encountering this spirit, or being. In the beliefs of some Algonquian tribes, when young women first start having their menstrual periods, they are likely to have visions and obtain spirit helpers or guides. The young women are taught powerful songs and given supernatural powers by these spirits. Mostly a private and sacred experience, others, especially men do not hear of such encounters as their own encounters are not discussed openly in great detail.

I know these forest spirits can take the form of both humans and animals. Sometimes a combination of different objects or living things. Some appear as non threatening as a small bird or meadow vole, while others appear monstrous, yet their intentions cannot be determined by appearance. With such a limited account of your experience, I can only offer possibilities and not provide solid answers, or give cheer.

My first encounter was not with a guiding spirit, but something that had assumed form and was hovering over a dead black bear 20 feet off a small path near Hiwassee. At first I thought it to be the bear’s spirit departing, but it started to pounce down at the carcass and issued sounds that had my mind thinking of something terribly displeased that the bear had died there. It remains a mystery to me as how I perceived the cause of it’s displeasure. Being young and somewhat frightened, it seemed best to leave by the way I came.

If you need to ask about such, then ask, but also consider the assistance of someone who knows well you and that forest mention. Perhaps a woodsperson having a great deal of old woodcraft about him or her.

Avelynne
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm deeply sorry for answering so late, thank you everyone for replying! I've learned a lot more about these spirits thanks to this thread. I'm posting again, since few days ago I met another forest spirit, or at least I think so.

This time I was actually in school, where I got a vision of a willow three and within the three came a lady dressed in a floaty white dress. She had wavy green hair, greenish skin and sharp yellow eyes. She was holding a three branch that was in full bloom. She didn't say anything, but she seemed to be observing me. The vision ended like the previous one, but I heard the word "Spring".

Also today when I was walking in our nearby forest (not the one I spoke about in the first post though) picking berries. I've always enjoyed walking in that particular forest, however, the threes do not have such a strong presence compared some others. Unfortunately I didn't have much luck with the berries at first.

I thought that since it is a forest I know well, it would be nice to try and connect with the nature and the threes better. I concentrated on the trees and their energies and felt that I should go to the northern part of that forest. To my luck that part was full of lingonberries! After I had collected some, I now felt that I should walk west. And I found even more berries! I somehow felt being watched so I thanked whoever was helping me. Needless to say I didn't have to return home empty-handed. :smile:

I also saw an owl sitting on a three trunk when I was walking by. Probaby doesn't have much to do with the topic, but hey, it was my first time seeing one in the wild! :D

Do you think that what happened in the forest had anything to do with spirits?

Amethyst
10-09-2012, 12:27 AM

Hi Avelynne

Quote: ‘I’d like you to have it.’

Perhaps ‘it’ was friendship.

What an honour to be taken into the forest’s heart during your vision where you interacted with a nature spirit – a being that is ordinarily unseen – and you were shown that there’s another dimensional reality – very close to ours where they exist.

They are a heartbeat away and they must love the energy you broadcast to have acknowledged you in this way. That bow was a wonderful mark of respect.

I personally don’t think knowing his name is as important as to how he made you feel - in the same way a spirit guide’s name is not important – it’s the connection/bond forged that counts.

It sounds like you connect to them very easily via your mind’s eye - ENJOY!

Not long ago, I was chatting to a lady who was having her first experiences with nature beings and there are two similarities relating to two of your visions.

She’d taken a photo of her favourite tree – a willow. A window had materialised in this photo – elementals build form and can send personal messages this way. It seemed to symbolically represent an opening in the veil, offering a two-way view – we can look into their dimension (journeying/visions) – and they can see into ours.

She was next over the moon to be invited by a shaman to take part in a night ceremony in a forest and she saw a green man and described him as having branches coming out of both sides of his head like a deer.

Re. your second vision – white gown and willow tree - you might totally relate to the Sacred Circle Tarot Deck: (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Sacred-Circle-Tarot-Journey/dp/156718457X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347235633&sr=8-1)

http://www.fairytastic.co.uk/Images/high priestess.jpg

http://www.fairytastic.co.uk/Images/00GreenMan.jpg

http://www.fairytastic.co.uk/Images/greenman40.jpg

Many blessings and thank you for sharing your experiences.

Amethyst x

Amethyst
10-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Here they can be unconcerned with human life, can be helpful, dangerous, or both, while some can scarf people down like snack crackers. On rare occasions they give gifts which either creates a bond or demand total obedience in return.

Could you please elaborate on that?

Is scarf another word for eat? Are you saying you've seen someone gobbled up by a nature being? Or harassed against their free will to become a slave?

Amethyst

Wisa'ka
12-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Could you please elaborate on that?

Is scarf another word for eat? Are you saying you've seen someone gobbled up by a nature being? Or harassed against their free will to become a slave?

Amethyst

Scarf is indeed another word for eat. Although I picked it up from the local jargon of my childhood home, I've heard it applied in other parts of the US.

And yes I've seen people who were gobbled up by evil predatory spirits to the point of no longer being themselves. There are places in both the wilds and civilization that I will not dare to tread.

In my opinion,even the overly bothering or disrespecting of any forest spirit could very well bring about misfortune.

Jade F^lcon
12-09-2012, 10:47 PM
It could be cernunnos, Lord of the Animals. It could be the Green Man.