PDA

View Full Version : Rejoice In Nature

knightofalbion
02-06-2012, 12:14 PM
The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy, is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God.
Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy amidst the simple beauty of nature.

- Anne Frank

Henri77
02-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Ditto
The most accessible healer is nature, for many of us.
If I can't make to to a major park/lake, I tune into whatever nature I can manage to visit.
Daily.
If one cannot see beauty in their life, themselves, nature will remind us of it.

Emmalevine
06-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Very profound words from a truly inspiring young girl. Nature is the ultimate healer and balancer. Even when I watch the birds feeding I feel a real sense of peace, that everything is right.

coolchic101
28-06-2012, 12:52 AM
I've been hiking and going to a park and feeding ducks with my grandma. Yes, there are many health and spiritual benefits for being in nature! :-)

Emmalevine
30-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Nature is just so calming and balanced. It is perfect :)

Native spirit
30-06-2012, 10:28 PM
:smile: Being at one with nature is what its all about.it revitalises you heals you, brings peace and harmony to onesself.

Namaste

merrie
02-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks Knight. Good suggestion...I am in need of some peace and quiet. Life can get too intense.

I will set aside some time to enjoy nature.

Merrie

Illumine
02-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Beautiful words from Anne Frank there. I have a nice quote about nature in my own signature from John Ruskin (see below)

There's something about being close to nature which is so soothing. My history ties me very close to this earth so I find it to be a great comfort.

coolchic101
04-07-2012, 05:24 PM
:smile: Being at one with nature is what its all about.it revitalises you heals you, brings peace and harmony to onesself.

Namaste

I agree! It is very therapeutic to the physical and spiritual body to spend time in nature. I don't know why more doctors do not "prescribe" this activity maybe because they get paid more if their patients are "sick" and prescribe medicine. I know this because I have relatives who are nurses, doctors, and psychiatrists!
What a shame they care more about money than their patients well being!

If I run out of coffee in the morning, I will go to the park and sit near the trees (maybe take a walk) for half an hour or more and I will feel energizing affects all day. I noticed that I do not need as much coffee the more I spend time in nature.

I'm also one of the caregivers of my grandparents but I'm the only one who is willing to take them to the park and take them for walks outside. I noticed that my grandma is more alert and mobile and is more positive since taking her outdoors. She is also laughing and conversing more and eating more. She is 94 years old.
Before that, she used to be in bed and she would sleep for most of the day and she would not eat.
My aunt (who's a nurse) says that I SHOULD NOT take her outside everyday because of her high blood pressure. Well I disagree because going outdoors helps relaxes you and reduces high blood pressure! :smile:

Joseph123
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
If one looks at nature closely or immerses oneself in it, one will notice great calm that is intrinsic to it. When I watch the birds, I question what they must think of all the chaos going on in our world when it is so peaceful and simplistic for them.

norseman
16-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Everyone should be allowed to die under the open sky ! I know I will.

Arcturus
22-07-2012, 08:12 PM
it's good to get out in nature everyday...there's a place i go and when i first get their i become aware of feeling ruffled...like the peace and serenity make it more obvious....strange that if i didn't go then i would probably be unaware that i was befuddled. when i leave i always feel chilled and peacefull and if there are folk arriving they look like i did when i first got there and if there are folk leaving when i first arrive, they look like i feel when i leave...if that makes sense heh. i think the physical body likes being outdoors, i don't think its keen on concrete and hard edges...gonna live in yurt one day

Sarian
24-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Ah vecta my pal, I can relate to your post. I often go to a particular place and I am renewed, refreshed, revived. It's wonderful. Today was so hot, but the humidity made it almost unbearable, but I went to that place with a frozen bottle of water that would thaw as I ran... what's 'gnna live in yurt one day' mean lol.

Arcturus
24-07-2012, 04:36 PM
hey hey $arian me ole mucker < i promise thats a term of endearment :smile: yeah its flippin well hot here too..a bit much really but not too much...a yurt is a mongolian nomadic tent...they're quite popular as a low impact living ideal. the healthiest i ever felt was when i lived in a caravan in amsterdam...there's summat to be said for living without a concrete floor and walls i think...much closer to nature and so 24 hr reviving eh :glasses1:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurt

i have a book on how to make them...i think i would put one up on my land/garden and still have a house but spend alot of time there, pretty cool eh!

amy green
06-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Japanese Garden Meditation - beautiful views of zen gardens, waterfalls to relaxing flute music and wise quotes from Wisdom Of The Elders (by Bondhi Sander). 13 minutes of chilling out.

http://youtu.be/COKPLZ1FmWg

knightofalbion
25-08-2012, 10:11 PM
"I felt spirituality like I never felt in any church. I dropped to my knees, crying and laughing. There is no way to describe a part of yourself you never knew was missing. I knew nothing would be the same again"
- Julia Butterfly Hill, on seeing ancient redwood trees for the first time.

knightofalbion
25-08-2012, 10:16 PM
"Today it is the duty of every thinking being to live and to serve not only his own day and generation, but also generations unborn by helping to restore and maintain the green glory of the forests of the earth"
- Richard St Barbe Baker, founder of 'Men of the Trees'