PDA

View Full Version : Animal Guides

Lynn
01-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Animal Guides

This idea of humans having Animal Spirit Guides is best known in the Native American cultures commonly called or known as “Totem Animals”. It too is much wider than just that culture. We can look to most cultures and find a connection to animals being a part of one’s spiritual beliefs . In the Bible one can look to Noah and the Dove that was seen to tell him the flood waters were receding and that land was there.

This too dates back to Ancient Egypt and the images of their God’s in animal form. Too in their burial practices Cat’s were mummified and placed with the King. Animals too were sacrificed in many rituals. Thought to bring in promises of rain and other thought to be given blessing from the Earth.

Animal Guides have a huge role in Shamanism practices. In even to the point of Shape Shifting to become fully that animal or to be a part of that animal. To have that connection in the way that one can take on the characteristics and even senses of that animal one shares with.

Many believe that if an animal crosses one’s path that animal has a message for ye to hear. One might well have been for a nature walk and come to see an animal stop in its actions and seem to look at ye. Have ye wondered on why. Thinking past the fact that maybe ye just startled it. Ever seen a bird circle in the sky above ye and stop and wonder what that bird see’s that ye can not see ?

Animals In Dreams

We at times have animals appear in our dreams. How do we see that animal there is often much different than how they be in real nature. At times we have communication happen or we interact directly with them.

There are many books written on Dreams Interpretations but many a times one has simply connected to one’s Animal Spirit Guide. What one should look to is to reference to the characteristics of that animal in relation to self. One might be surprised by what one finds.

Too one can take the animal and break it down by the sum of its parts. Let take an common reptile that often come in one’s dream . The Snake ( most times dreaded in one’s dream as it comes forth as a Nightmare. Looking at the parts though of a Snake say the colour Green, well green links to money, healings goes to the Heart Chakra the center of one’s very Soul some believe. (Is that a bad colour ?) NO yet the Snake is Green.

Look to where one see’s the symbol of the Snake it is on the very Dr’s symbol the rod and the Snake wrapped around it. Symbol of healing. Again making the Snake in one’s dream not the scary image on might see it as. When one see’s the sum of the parts all of a sudden said Snake is healing, and might well speak to money issues, is good for the Earth as it cleans away pests.

What are one's thoughts on Animal Guides as MANY feel an Animal be a Familiar NOT a true Guide .

Do Guides for man always be that of HUMAN form ?

Do animals in our dreams come with meanings to them or bring us messages from their world ?

Lynn

Timber Wolf
03-10-2010, 12:04 AM
I love this article. It makes a great deal of sense. However, there is a major mythconception (deliberate misspelling) that you need to be a native american or have indigenous ancestry from your homeworld to have an animal spirit guide.

This is not the case. I have written an article: Discovering Your Animal Totem (http://timberwolfhq.com/discover-your-animal-totem/) which has helped many of the readers make contact with their animal spirit guide.

I hope this helps as many people here as it has on Timberwolf HQ.

Timberwolf

Lynn
03-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Hello

That is so true Timber Wolf. I was named in a ceremony that is NOT open to many White (especiall woman) and given an Animal Guide ( Totem Animal ) but not one that was directly connected to me one that was given to protect me on me path with Spirit. I was given too a native name.

It was a day of "madness" really as the Pipe was involved. I heard later I was pretty interesting in a Channel I did. I remember only parts of that time....what I do know is that the senses of the Animal DID come to me. I gainned a higher level of "smell" which is not always a GOOD thing.

Too that article is truly amazing......

Lynn

Coming2
03-10-2010, 03:24 AM
Interesting thread....

I know what my animal totem is but other than a spiritual draw to this animal and the animal's behavior much like my own, I have not had much experience with them in a dream or interactive sense. Timber Wolf your article was very enlightening!!

Moon Willow
03-10-2010, 10:23 PM
What a great thread, and as usualwith this forum impecable timing! :)

I have just started to have experiences with an owl, where as when I start to relax before going to sleep I'll start to see owl feathers, but really close up, often see an owl flying, and my latest experience was what I think was seeing through the eyes of this owl (it was from the perspective of being really close to the grass and I was looking at some bugs or elementals, was in black and white)? I could see the vision with my eyes open or closed and I was definetely not asleep.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of this and finding out more about this amazing owl.

These threads are always great as they are full of different ideas and perspectives that make it easier to understand and work with on our individual journeys. So I thank you Lynn and all those that have also posted replies.

Love, light and blessings,
MW

MYFIGO
05-10-2010, 03:12 AM
I had a very sweet experience last night although at the moment, I didn't realize it for what it was. I was sound asleep and was awakened by a vision of a beautiful lime green grasshopper and another smaller flying insect right next to it. The vision was only about 12 inches from my face and I instinctively brushed them away, rolling out of bed as I did so.

I got back into bed thinking about what I had seen. They had an expression of, "Come on! let's play!" They were happy and friendly and after the fact, I realized I should have made an effort to communicate with them.

Later, I was awakened by the tugging of the bed covers. There were two tugs.. close together ... one stronger than the other. I smiled thinking it was my two little buddies back again. Of course, seconds later, the bed covers were just as they should be.

I have to try harder to be aware and make conversation when I have these experiences!

Makes me wonder what I'm doing and where I'm going during the night besides sleeping! :-)