PDA

View Full Version : Star signs, whats the truth.

elaine
22-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi I was wanting to know if Astrology really does play a part in how we relate to other people.

We all have times when we really dont get on with certain people, but is it our own judgement of them or how they are due to the influence of what sun was here and what moon was there.

Im intrigued as a Capricorn and proud of it, I do fall into some of the traits of being stubbon, hard working and a stickler for tidyness and routine. Then again being said I can be as mad as the rest of them and let my hair down on many occasions too, LOL.

I was told today as I would be hard work as being a Capricorn...........I am nice really.........Honest LOL.

Would the comment had have been passed had the person not known my star sign, and would there view have been different?

Im going to go now and work on being nice!!! cmon capricorns lets stick together on this one ...please.

I"d love to here your views.

love to you

elaine xx :hug2:

Moonflower
22-05-2007, 01:40 PM
[quote]We all have times when we really dont get on with certain people, but is it our own judgement of them or how they are due to the influence of what sun was here and what moon was there.[quote]

Hi Elaine

Just picking up on this point :wink: .

When we take an instant dislike to someone it is not necessarily the person that you do not like but the energy that surrounds them we all have the inate ability to see aura's without knowing what we are looking at.

Once you realize why you may immediately like or dislike someone you can more easily accept them.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Moonflower x

merlin
22-05-2007, 10:14 PM
As another Capricorn:
If you stick to the magazines espousing who is my perfect partner astrologically : Cancer it is not.
DH is a cancer.
yes we are directly opposite on the astrological chart.
yes: I pick 'turn left' and he swings the wheel around to the right simultaneously!
I want roots in the ground..he wants to constantly take off.
What am I on about??

OK: My view of others..If someone makes me instantly bristle..and I just 'don't like them' for no apparent reason..it has nothing to do with start signs for me.
I'm yet to get that wrong...the bristle part...............:rolleyes:

cosmic
22-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Elaine, I'm a big believer in astrology but I think star sign (ie Sun sign) is only a small part of what makes up a person's full astrological profile.

I'm an Aquarian with Virgo rising and Virgo Moon so in many ways, the virgo traits fit me much better than the Aquarian. And if someone else has a sun sign that "technically" is supposed to clash with mine, they might still have rising and moon signs which complement me.

So my answer is yes... and no. :tongue:

daisy
23-05-2007, 12:18 AM
what gets me about this whole horoscope thing is these people you get saying stuff like 'yeah well i know i'm a nasty so and so but that's cos i'm this sign' or 'yeah i'm in a bad mood again but thats my starsign, we are fiery you know' grrr.......

Pounamu
23-05-2007, 03:09 AM
In my understanding there are many factors bearing upon why we react / feel about others the way we do. Some of these are:
(1) The nature we were influenced to express given our astrological factors, such as Sun sign, Moon sign, Rising sign, and Planetary Aspects;
(2) The factors that we inherited through our DNA from our ancestry, near and ancient. Humanity is presently very mixed in ancestry; and there is much of ancient karma that still resides in anyone's DNA that relates to the past relationships between the various ancestral lineages of humanity;
(3) We also inherit through our upbringing our cultural beliefs and thought habits of our social group; and the beliefs of the collective of humanity.
(4) Upon becoming engaged with our own spiritual evolutionary process (that is, the ascension process), we gradually transit away from these aforementioned determinants and come more to represent in our physical lives and relationships, Who We Really Are in our true natures. This involves the gradual resolution of our karmic reactiveness and the discovery of a new set of "astrological influences" which are based upon a cosmic system which is more enabling of our revealing our true purposes and Soul nature.

So I believe! Its a very interesting subject, the details of which are complex. Some would say, "Forget about all this complexity, and LIVE!" One can do that, of course; I have a mind that likes to explore the details, but I am aware that 'the mind is the killer of the Real', and can often deny one the clarity necessary for successful navigation of life as a truly spiritual be-ing.

The main thing is not to blame anyone else's characterisics for one's own experiences - they were presented to oneself for one's own edification and growth... to be alert to this is key!

Pounamu

elaine
23-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Yeah I agree with that, guess I get on with everyone really,never found a sign that I have actually clashed with yet.

Happy just being me at the moment lol.

elaine x

merlin
23-05-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm going to throw another spanner in:
Even though I'm Cap.....my chart is moving into the PICEAN house and this will influence (apparently...:icon_frown: ) my behaviors over the next whenever.........thats the water sign so that means I might take up alcoholism....
That's what I remember from it anyway.
I have called on my astrologer friend to join up and shed some light on this......
Susie???????

So: depending on which house your sign is under..this could be affecting behaviors and life experiences..
So its not as cut and dry as BEING a Capricorn....:confused:

elaine
23-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Now Im intrigued lol, no idea what house my sign is under, could be true though due to the development, ermmmmmmmmmmmm, will have to google the star sign and time of birth.

merlin
23-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread..
I might make this my signature!!

OK: had a chat with said astrologer...and she said:
"No, No No!!"....that's after I argued about the houses and where the house was at this point in time.

She says..."Synastry" is the term used where one person compares one chart to that of another person. As for which house your in she says "Don't go there!!".
Its also according to said....dependant on the moon, Venus, ascendant..they all play a factor.
Aye Caramba!!!!

As clear as mud...will shutup .....NOW!

Lazuli
24-05-2007, 12:36 AM
I don't believe anyone has thus far mentioned the aspects formed between the planets both charts, yet I have found that even so-called "difficult" or "unharmonious" aspects such as the square and opposition can be compelling influences in a relationship. I suppose this is the origin of the common horroscope comments that opposite signs (i.e. Aries/Libra, Taurus/Scorpio, Gemini/Sagittarius, Cancer/Capricorn, Leo/Aquarius, Virgo/Pisces) attract, yet this is confusing when you consider that many of these horroscopes also list signs naturally forming 90 degree angles with each other as signs to avoid.

Although I often check the synastry between my own natal chart and someone else's, particularly when I receive natal data for the first time, this branch of relational astrology has failed to intrigue me, perhaps because as an Arian my primary concern is not relationships. Delineating one natal chart is a complex matter in its own right; describing the relationship between two people based upon their charts alone is a task I would not quickly attempt as it is based upon so many factors and circumstances for which astrology cannot always account.

Lazuli

Lapis
24-05-2007, 09:48 PM
what gets me about this whole horoscope thing is these people you get saying stuff like 'yeah well i know i'm a nasty so and so but that's cos i'm this sign' or 'yeah i'm in a bad mood again but thats my starsign, we are fiery you know' grrr.......

daisy,

Don't think its 'horoscopes' at fault here but the people using their Sun signs lower qualities as an excuse of not growing or taking personal responsibility. I've heard far more people use they're being a "good Christian" in the very same manner for the very same reasons.

daisy
25-05-2007, 01:27 AM
daisy,

Don't think its 'horoscopes' at fault here but the people using their Sun signs lower qualities as an excuse of not growing or taking personal responsibility. I've heard far more people use they're being a "good Christian" in the very same manner for the very same reasons.
lapis you're quite right i worded that poorly:wink: that's what i meant, though it didn't come accross like that, thanks