PDA

View Full Version : I had a gnome as an "imaginary" friend when I was a child

GypsieRN
27-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm so glad this forum exisits! Where else could I talk about this without people thinking I'm crazy?

I remember very well- as a child, I had 2 "imaginary" friends. One was a little boy and the other was a gnome.

The gnome, I called her, "the little old lady that lived in the kitchen". She was cute with the pointy hat, and she really did live in one of the corners of my kitchen as a child.

I remember sitting in the corner with her. I would cry when my mom would make me leave the kitchen if I was "playing" with my gnome friend.

Anyone else have a similar experience? I would love to hear more!

Gypsie :tongue:

Usako
27-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Unfortunately I didn't have an imaginary friend, well my mom says I didn't and I don't recall having one.

But those certainly don't sound "imaginary"! After all our minds in childhood are so pure then that we are able to experience what we forget after growing up, or what we then try to convince ourselves by thinking "It couldn't be possible!".

Maybe even now you could find them again! That'd be so cool!

Berry
28-04-2012, 03:08 AM
I agree. It would be great if you can reconnect with them.

My children have imaginary friends. They are invisible to most. I believe my kids because I saw one of them one day. Some nights, the friends are very active. They have a tendency to jump on our tv remote controls. Tonight, the picture in picture was activated and we don't even know how to use that feature. My daughter said her friends apologized, lol.

GypsieRN
28-04-2012, 04:40 AM
Unfortunately I didn't have an imaginary friend, well my mom says I didn't and I don't recall having one.

But those certainly don't sound "imaginary"! After all our minds in childhood are so pure then that we are able to experience what we forget after growing up, or what we then try to convince ourselves by thinking "It couldn't be possible!".

Maybe even now you could find them again! That'd be so cool!

It would be awesome if I could re-connect with her! :hug2:

I've heard that spirit guides we see as children are only present during childhood and we have different ones as adults.

GypsieRN
28-04-2012, 04:44 AM
I agree. It would be great if you can reconnect with them.

My children have imaginary friends. They are invisible to most. I believe my kids because I saw one of them one day. Some nights, the friends are very active. They have a tendency to jump on our tv remote controls. Tonight, the picture in picture was activated and we don't even know how to use that feature. My daughter said her friends apologized, lol.

That is so cute!

Do you happen to keep a journal? It was be really awesome for your kids to look back and read their experiences with their "friends".

Usako
29-04-2012, 01:06 AM
It would be awesome if I could re-connect with her! :hug2:

I've heard that spirit guides we see as children are only present during childhood and we have different ones as adults.

You are right, and well I even was told a Guide I have could be "temporary" so I totally get what you say.

But that must have been amazing, I wish every child had or remembered an imaginary friend, then more people would start believing instead of dragging them to a psychiatrist at such a young age!

Berry
29-04-2012, 02:35 AM
That is so cute!

Do you happen to keep a journal? It was be really awesome for your kids to look back and read their experiences with their "friends".

Journal, not yet. I've kept their sketches of their "friends" and emails regarding their friends. I really should start one. :D

Boldylocks
05-05-2012, 09:52 PM
It was only after my first encounter seeing a Faery Being in 2008 that I had a second encounter some would call "imaginary" of an elven-like Being. After my initial encounter, I had purchased a slew of Faery books trying to read up on these Beings-- I just bought the "Faery Bible" over at Amazon.com and was sitting outside near our grapevine reading this book and following the directions on setting out a food offering for them-- as the book said they like this. I set out some desserts at the base of this little pine tree in that area and continued to read when suddenly a very large rabbit hopped right in front of me and stopped right at this pine tree, looking right at me. This is unusual for a rabbit in our area.-- they are very afraid of humans. Not only that, but this rabbit was a hare. We don't have hares in Pennsylvania, USA-- only jackrabbits and other smaller breeds. Hares are in other parts of the US, or in the UK or Canada- not here. I saw this rabbit continue to sit at the tree near me looking at me, so I shut my eyes so as not to scare it. When I shut my eyes, suddenly in my mind's eye was a figure that appeared before me in illuminated green light. The figure was a short stout elvish Being with long ears that flattened out to the side. He was about 2-3' tall. Startled at this vision, I quickly opened my eyes , and the rabbit was gone. I shut them again, and nothing more appeared in my mind's eye.

Later, I was told by a very intuitive woman that I there was an Elvish being that went with me as a sort of guide and "go between" for me when I took my nature walks- she said he spoke on my behalf to the other fae in the vicinity where I would go, to clear the way for me so I'd have safe passage- telling them not to worry about me, as I was "cool" and wouldnt be in the woods dumping garbage and such.

Later, I spoke with an online friend who had shared her own faery visitation with me in the past of a Faery who visited her in dreams and in real time. She told me that this Faery was thrilled I contacted her again and that she wanted me to know my Elvish friend thought it was nice that i picked up garbage along the sides of the road. I never told my friend I did that!

She also told me that he said "Hi!" and wanted me to keep alert as he had a gift for me. Also, that he loves changing his name alot, but at that time was calling himself, "Twitter". I was so thrilled,. Not long after I did find an interesting stone near where I sat outside, A clear glass vase buried in the grass near a pond and my mother found a sterling butterfly pendant on the ground the day I ordered lots of milkweed plants to help the monarch butterfly population out.

The day I found the vase, my neighbor's little girl was chatting with me about faeries near the Faery Garden between our homes. Suddenly, she blurted out that I needed to put something in the faery garden for the Faery so that they could give me somthing in return. While blurting this out,she had this shocked look on her face as though she , herself, couldnt believe she was saying this.

I did put some snacks in the garden and that afternoon was when I found that vase-- and how I found that vase was following some dragonflies from some nearby flowers--one who landed right near the buried object that I dug up with a rock .. I cried that afternoon-- that vase will always be precious to me.

Later in the Fall, my nephew wanted so badly to draw a picture of the faeries and give it to them in their faery garden outside. I reccomended to him to draw them how he would visualize them in his mind- that I couldnt tell him how to draw them- they would let him know. So he went about drawing this Being with crayon that looked Exactly like the Being I saw in my mind's eye that day with that rabbit-- the same ears and all! We placed the picture in the garden area, and there it stayed all Winter long.
The snows came and covered it- but strangly the picture remained intact and the drawing remains on that paper as I type this. He glued it to a home-made frame of colored popsicle sticks which it is still attached to.

I know this Being resides near our yard and loves the trees and grapevine area there- I told him I am honored to live with him on his property and that wherever I go, he is always welcome-- and i consider him a family loved one for life. I will be 49 years young this May- and some would say this is an imaginary friend of a childish woman. I am blessed and thankful to God that I never grew up too much to discover that there is more to our Earthly realm than we humans are aware.

Boldylocks
05-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Journal, not yet. I've kept their sketches of their "friends" and emails regarding their friends. I really should start one. :D

Berry, please do start a journal!! Omg, you have to!! you have so much to share- not only for those alive right now, but also for those who will receive that journal after you leave this Earth one day.

After my encounters in 2008, I went to Barnes & Noble and got a really nice tooled leather blank journal and have been jotting down incidents in it ever since. First thing I had to do was pray for the soul of the cow who lost it's life for the cover of that journal before I felt right using it-- especially where the Faery are involved!

Boldylocks
05-05-2012, 10:02 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=322812014440109&set=a.250467671674544.68027.190424911012154&type=1 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fph oto.php%3Ffbid%3D322812014440109%26amp%3Bset%3Da.2 50467671674544.68027.190424911012154%26amp%3Btype% 3D1)

that link has a photo of some puppets artist Wendy Froud made of Elvin Beings wearing rabbit ears- The Elven Being she made on the far right with the long ears that extend "yoda like" has the same profile of the Being I saw and who my nephew drew. I've never seen artistic renditions of these Beings prior to first seeing him in my mind's eye.

Berry
06-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Berry, please do start a journal!! Omg, you have to!! you have so much to share- not only for those alive right now, but also for those who will receive that journal after you leave this Earth one day.

After my encounters in 2008, I went to Barnes & Noble and got a really nice tooled leather blank journal and have been jotting down incidents in it ever since. First thing I had to do was pray for the soul of the cow who lost it's life for the cover of that journal before I felt right using it-- especially where the Faery are involved!

Thanks for sharing your story Boldylocks! It is truly amazing. I've seen on-line works from Wendy Froud. Now I totally understand why she put bunny gloves on their heads. :D

GypsieRN and Boldylocks, I've finally started the journal tonight. The fairies usually enjoy my dinner tonight but one of the baby fairies was afraid of the food. They were too large. I cooked spaughetti with left overs mixed in and spinach with mushrooms and onions. Even the mushrooms were too big. Silly me didn't think of chopping them to smaller bits for them. I will next time. My daughter's spirit friends had no trouble devouring the food. I was very surprised to hear one of her friends purr. She said her friend was perched on my head and nose. :tongue:

CathyO
15-05-2012, 01:33 AM
Guides and spiritual helpers come in many forms, including gnomes and fairies and elves amongst aliens as well.
I used to have a gnome guide a few years ago that was male but the look was similiar to yours I think.

Boldylocks
20-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Berry, I'm very glad you are keeping a journal now.. and that you can sense them around you and even hear or see them !- I just received a package the other day from a dear friend who has been interacting with the Faery for over a decade now. He can't share his experiences with others any longer as he has experienced alot of harrassment from others who think he is a wacko for even believing faeries exist- but he can't help it that they came into his life and basically changed it for the better. He is the only one in his family who can see them- but he has written a book of thier interactions together titled, "A FaeryTale by Ron Cordes.

I email Ron from time to time to ask him to relay my love to the Faery there that he interacts with. I believe he is having true experiences because I myself had that one experience and learned I can never say "never" these days to things others go through.

The Faery with him asked him to send me a package of things to help me make a 'Welcoming Center" for the North Eastern PA faery in this area here where I live- and from what I understand, many of the faery with me keep in touch with them about me- they are in the West Coast and I live on the East Coast. They had Ron send me all sorts of wonderful stone items- amber, selenite, rose quartz, a Himalayan salt candle holder, etc., and above all, citrus and chocolate candies to set out for the faeries here who happen to visit in my home! I am so touched that these Beings are so thoughtful to have Ron and his wife send these things to me- and I have them now set in my room for the Faery to enjoy. God bless these Beings! I know they are real after seeing one face to face 4 years ago on that wonderful morning of 5/31/08.. a day I will never forget the rest of my life.

CathyO, do you still try to connect with that gnome guide? According to my friend Ron, alot of these Beings --while they love us-- know that they are not permitted to remain with us indefinitely, as they have to make room for other's of the Faery to take a turn and be our guide. Their being our spirit guides is also for them to "learn the human experience" and "learn understanding of the humankind" they learn not to judge us but to have pity and compassion on us, and many learn to love us in spite of ourselves. --it's part of thier own spiritual growth by thier own elders assigning them to many of us. Ron gets very attached to the Faery that are assigned to him, and when they have to leave, his heart is constantly being broken-- but he understands.

hugs
lisa

Berry
20-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Lisa, I'm sorry I mislead you to thinking I can see fairies. I have never seen or felt them. What I have seen is one of my children's human spirit friends. I saw him as a 2D human shaped white energy. And I've heard my daughter's spirit cat friend purr as well as seeing the results of her fairy friends jumping on the remote controls.

My son saw and conversed with the fairies for 2 years. He developed his ability after he was near death. Unfortunately, he has no interest in the fairies. He says their voices are too soft and they look too girly. My daughter picked up where he left off. She can see, converse, and interact with the fairies, but only the ones from home. I've never heard her mention seeing fairies anywhere else.

I can't share my children's experiences with anyone else. I fear ridicule. My children are also the only ones in the family that sees or have seen fairies.

How wonderful that both people and fairies from the West Coast and East Coast can have such a strong connection! I'd love to read Ron Cordes' book. I'll have to look it up.

From my daughter, I learned that the faries are filled with love and intelligence. The young fairies go to school with her and they have their own fairy teachers and seatings. They also do school projects together.

Berry
20-05-2012, 03:18 PM
I meant to say that I have never seen my children's winged fairies. I've seen other nature spirits, I think. We have black little round sprites that my son and I have seen on occassions and I've seen a huge spirit cat, 3 feet tall by 4 feet wide in my kitchen, and heard a running short stocky spirit that I thought was my son.

Boldylocks
24-05-2012, 02:53 AM
No worries, Berry! You didnt mislead me- in fact, I recall you saying before that you couldnt see the particular groups your daughter sees. From my own experience, I totally believe her- I"ve been the only one in my family who saw Who I saw back on 5/31/08-- and she was probably with me for years prior to this- only my eyes werent opened to see her until that morning.

Also- I have seen zooming sparkly lights fly over our yard --and once when one was dancing about at the ceiling of our living room when I was playing music for them on my CD player upstairs. I only saw this for about 2 seconds and it was totally unexpected. All sightings take me completely off guard as I am never prepared.

I think my dog, Mindy is able to see them out and about in our yard and in the home -- To this day I can't see them- except for those times I mentioned.

That is so nice that your daughter is able to share her everyday life with them- Please keep us updated on the latest your daughter mentions about them! and always send our love to these Beings for us- maybe your daughter can relay my message to them - tell them that they are always in our prayers and many of us consider them as a part of our extended family that we cherish as much as our fellow humankind loved ones.

hugs

Boldy

Berry
24-05-2012, 05:04 AM
No worries, Berry! You didnt mislead me- in fact, I recall you saying before that you couldnt see the particular groups your daughter sees. From my own experience, I totally believe her- I"ve been the only one in my family who saw Who I saw back on 5/31/08-- and she was probably with me for years prior to this- only my eyes werent opened to see her until that morning.

Also- I have seen zooming sparkly lights fly over our yard --and once when one was dancing about at the ceiling of our living room when I was playing music for them on my CD player upstairs. I only saw this for about 2 seconds and it was totally unexpected. All sightings take me completely off guard as I am never prepared.

I think my dog, Mindy is able to see them out and about in our yard and in the home -- To this day I can't see them- except for those times I mentioned.

That is so nice that your daughter is able to share her everyday life with them- Please keep us updated on the latest your daughter mentions about them! and always send our love to these Beings for us- maybe your daughter can relay my message to them - tell them that they are always in our prayers and many of us consider them as a part of our extended family that we cherish as much as our fellow humankind loved ones.

hugs

Boldy

To be quite honest, if it weren't for my children seeing and conversing with the fairies, I never would have believed in their existence.

Thank you for keeping them in your prayers and thinking of them, Boldy. I will relay the message to them through my daughter in the morning.

I saw an extremely bright sparkle for a couple of seconds at our dinner table. I thought fairies? It flashed so quickly and so brightly that it hurt my left eye. It zoomed from my left side to in front of me. We also have lots of protective spirits at home so it could be them as well. My children's protective spirits are white and leave white trails. But this spark is a bit different. It's brighter silverish white if that makes any sense. I'll have to check with my daughter tomorrow as I forgot to ask her if it was one of her fairy friends.

So cool that Mindy can see them too. One of our beloved cat used to see something in our home and my husband always joked that there's a ghost in the house.

It's pretty mudane stuff going on with the fairies. They love school trips and enjoy working on their latest project the "flea" market. My daughter's grade is encouraged to make art projects to sell using flea money instead of real money to learn bartering.

I purchased some hot and sour soup, strawberry bubble tea, and curry rice noodles for dinner. The dishes were so spicy that I was surprised when my daughter said that the fairies love tonight's dinner.

Now that spring is finally here, the fairies have been ecstatic that the flowers have bloomed. My daughter says the fairies sleep mostly indoors but will nap in the flowers outside on occassions.

I ordered the A Faerytale book and I hope it arrives soon. I can't wait to read it. :D

Boldylocks
27-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Ohh, that is great that you ordered the A Faerytale book! Ron Rordes is now being visited by a different group of Faery from those mentioned in his book- yet he will never forget those original Faery- From what he told me in his emails-- the Groups of Faery that visit him are not permitted to remain with him indefinitely- but to allow room for others of thier Kind to work with Ron- so they may remain for a few months, but then he has to say goodbye to them as they make way for others of thier Troops to interact with him. --and he gets attached to them very easily so his heart is always being broken! These particular faeries are trying to learn the "human experience" to relate with us humans more. They are very loving and fun loving Beings.

We have a wonderful Orange Blossom tree right outside near my hallway window- and I can imagine how many of the Faery are enjoying it's fragrant blossoms this Spring! we get alot of swallow tail butterflies and hummingbirds enjoying those blossoms too!

In the Faery's garden I leave the gardening landscape up to the Faery- and have noticed all sorts of native plants pop up with flowers that bees and hummingbirds just love!-- A fern suddenly grew in there - and while I have added a few perrenials, chives, garlic, mint , violas, lemon balm and pansies, the plants the Faery arrange to pop up are the highlights of the entire garden :-)

ps.. that silvery white sparklly light that zoomed in front of you sounds to me to definitely be Faery- not a human soul. They love to manifest in sparkly silvery lights like that- Every once in a while, I will see one of them zoom overhead in the sky like a sparkly silver comet. A few times, I've seen them appear in sparkly pink! :-)

Berry
27-05-2012, 02:50 PM
I think my daughter's heart will break too should her fairy friends move on or go back to their realm. Poor Ron.

Your garden is wonderous and magical! I can see why the faery are happy there.

I asked my daughter the next day and she said that it was the fairy with the silver sparkle. She forgot the name and aked me look for her sketch with all the names of her fairy friends on it. She said that they come in all different color sparkles- gold, silver, red, pink, yellow, blue, violet, orange, lavender, etc. How awesome that you were able to see their sparkly lights!

Boldylocks
11-06-2012, 12:29 AM
I think my daughter's heart will break too should her fairy friends move on or go back to their realm. Poor Ron.

Your garden is wonderous and magical! I can see why the faery are happy there.

I asked my daughter the next day and she said that it was the fairy with the silver sparkle. She forgot the name and asked me to look for her sketch with all the names of her fairy friends on it. She said that they come in all different color sparkles- gold, silver, red, pink, yellow, blue, violet, orange, lavender, etc. How awesome that you were able to see their sparkly lights!

I feel very blessed ! I dont see them all the time either- just every rare once in a while and when I'm totally unprepared!. A co-worker at my job actually saw a silver sparkly orb hovering near the exit door near her when she was taking out the garbage to the dumpster. It (he/she) hovered there long enough for her to see it watching her- then it "exploded" into a bunch of sparkles and dissappeared. She somehow knew it was a Faery- even though she had never seen anything like that before!

Berry
11-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Wow, that was some sight your co-worker saw Boldylocks! I think intuitively, our senses tell us what we think they are when we see them. It's a awe moment.

Boldylocks
16-06-2012, 01:45 AM
I agree, Berry- She had never seen a Faery before- in fact didnt even believe in them- but somehow she knew it was a Faery! it definitely is awesome!

LovelyChris71
20-06-2012, 12:10 AM
I don't recall having imaginary friends. I was a very creative child and created my own toys from things like shampoo bottles lol. I was always an individualist. I feel imaginary friends like the gnome mentioned could be spirits or spirit guides.