PDA

View Full Version : The Bottom Line

knightofalbion
12-04-2012, 05:33 PM
You came into the world with nothing and you'll leave it with nothing - except the indelible record of your conduct in this life, for good or ill.

WhiteWarrior
12-04-2012, 05:42 PM
I respectfully disagree. We come into this world with a personality formed by countless previous lives, and we leave it with the same personality plus what changes this life brought to it - AND some extra records in our personal spiritual files.

xebiche
12-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Knight,

I like what you said very much.

knightofalbion
12-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I respectfully disagree. We come into this world with a personality formed by countless previous lives, and we leave it with the same personality plus what changes this life brought to it - AND some extra records in our personal spiritual files.

The point is that the soul is the only reality and the advancement of the soul through kindness and Service is, ultimately, the only thing in this earthly life that is of any true and lasting worth.

knightofalbion
12-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Knight,

I like what you said very much.

Thank you, dear Xebiche.

Henri77
14-04-2012, 08:36 PM
You came into the world with nothing and you'll leave it with nothing - except the indelible record of your conduct in this life, for good or ill.

Thanx for the reminder..... I totally agree.

Yet folks come to learn different lessons-skills , and we must try not to judge from our limited earth perspective, what another needs to experience-learn-contribute.

Both Ghandi and Hitler served a role in their time. One we, as humans, cannot fully perceive.

Gofa
14-04-2012, 09:17 PM
The only motivation for development is so that it can be used for others Self is the first person who has to get of the spiritual train
Not so sure about came in with nothing leave with nothing though. We come in with karma or attractions and hopefully leave with a beneficially modified set of what we arrived with.

knightofalbion
14-04-2012, 10:20 PM
The 'came with nothing, leave with nothing' is a veiled reference to the folly of materialism.
As I said, the soul is the only reality. This is the core point.
Hopefully we'll leave having led a life that was rich in the only 'treasure' that endures...

Berry
14-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Thank you Knight. Those are the exact words my Mom would say to us as we were growing up. True words of wisdom.

knightofalbion
14-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Thank you, dear Berry.

primrose
15-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Knightofalbion, You are right, thanks for the reminder.

Emmalevine
06-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Death is the great equalizer. It also reminds us that we leave this Earth alone, just as we come. There's no security in materialism but at the same time we're free to embrace something far greater.