PDA

View Full Version : Kindness Unlimited

knightofalbion
01-04-2012, 06:42 PM
A tiny insect, just think of it - a living, breathing, thinking, feeling creature with a fully functioning digestive and reproductive system etc. A masterpiece in miniature!

If a scientist had created such a life form, people would come from all over the world just to see it and to shake the scientist's hand and tell him what a marvellous fellow he was!

Insects are a wondrous creation of God. Let us not turn a blind eye to their sufferings for after all, all life is sacred and pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever or whatever is the victim.

amy green
01-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Absolutely. Life is sacred.....are you about to be a jainist then? Only yesterday I was marvelling at the speed at which the ants zoom around - the distances they cover compared to their size (imagining it scaled up to our size).

That said, can't muster up the same respect for mosquitoes or fleas! Of course they all deserve to live....but not on me! :icon_eek:
(Where do others stand on this situation, i.e. would you kindly let a mosquito/flea suck your blood I wonder?) :dontknow:

Arcadia
01-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I ALWAYS let mosquitos suck my blood, Amy! : )

knightofalbion
01-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Thank you, dear Amy.

Life is dear to all.

I have studied Jainism. Their beautiful doctrine of Ahimsa influenced Gandhi, Schweitzer and many others through the centuries.
It certainly influenced me too. Made me see compassion from another perspective.

Killing and harming is still killing and harming no matter how 'you' dress it up or try and excuse it.

To walk in the ways of love and compassion is the greatest lesson I have learnt and try to pass on to others.

amy green
01-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Knightofalbion - I respect, love and bow to your commitment to unlimited kindness. You are indeed an advanced soul.

Clearly my kindness is somewhat limited; I am found wanting for drawing the line where I do. So, I assume, you let fleas/mosquitoes "dine" without interference? I find it hard to sleep if I know there's a mosquito in the room and, unlike spiders (where you can do the glass and card trick) haven't found a way of guiding them out of the window. Flies, I find, will eventually gravitate to an opened window .... maybe with the help of a waved waft of air to guide them in the right direction.
Oh dear, my report will read "could do better".

knightofalbion
01-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Knightofalbion - I respect, love and bow to your commitment to unlimited kindness. You are indeed an advanced soul.

Clearly my kindness is somewhat limited; I am found wanting for drawing the line where I do. So, I assume, you let fleas/mosquitoes "dine" without interference? I find it hard to sleep if I know there's a mosquito in the room and, unlike spiders (where you can do the glass and card trick) haven't found a way of guiding them out of the window. Flies, I find, will eventually gravitate to an opened window .... maybe with the help of a waved waft of air to guide them in the right direction.
Oh dear, my report will read "could do better".

Very sweet of you to say so, dear Amy, but there are many further along than I.

From what I've seen you have a very kind and loving heart and it will 'shine' ever more brighter as you progress.

I don't have any pets here, but I do get mosquitoes in the house sometimes. I have perfected the art of catching them (and flies etc.) in a plastic cup and releasing them unharmed outside. The secret is a soft, gentle approach.

silent whisper
02-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Very sweet of you to say so, dear Amy, but there are many further along than I.

From what I've seen you have a very kind and loving heart and it will 'shine' ever more brighter as you progress.

I don't have any pets here, but I do get mosquitoes in the house sometimes. I have perfected the art of catching them (and flies etc.) in a plastic cup and releasing them unharmed outside. The secret is a soft, gentle approach.

I have perfected the art of catching many insects ..one day I accidentlly wiped over an ant.....on my bench, I was able to get him up and running once more with some TLC...:)

I remember being very grateful one day as I sat with a group of ants...as I became one with them, they revealed to me a gift about the path of journeying home...it was quite profound the insight they shared and I was able to *listen* and learn much through their graceful state of living in the world.

knightofalbion
02-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I have perfected the art of catching many insects ..one day I accidentlly wiped over an ant.....on my bench, I was able to get him up and running once more with some TLC...:)

I remember being very grateful one day as I sat with a group of ants...as I became one with them, they revealed to me a gift about the path of journeying home...it was quite profound the insight they shared and I was able to *listen* and learn much through their graceful state of living in the world.

That's beautiful, SW.

Selflessly dedicated to service...working together as one for the greater good...We could learn much from the humble ant.

silent whisper
02-04-2012, 10:05 PM
That's beautiful, SW.

Selflessly dedicated to service...working together as one for the greater good...We could learn much from the humble ant.

Thankyou.

Yes this day in my altered space of being one with...I observed all their different paths going around my floor and going up a door. Each one using their own unique path on the floor, no two the same...It was interesting to watch how the direct line they used up the door saw some reach the top and move over to the other side of the door, out of my view. Some walking that direct line, fell down and took a very wide path outward on the floor in many directions that eventually lead them back to the direct path many were already taking. In this space I was able to connect our paths, to the ants paths. As each one fell from the direct line, they each chose the route on the floor to find their way back to the path that lead to the top and over the other side where I could no longer view them.

In this moment of seeing and connecting the ants to our own unique paths in this life, I also became aware of how each one just got on with their path. Those that fell, eventually found their way back to the direct path leading up to the top of the door to the other side. In many ways this space of connection between myself and the ants was my own allignment to understanding some deeper lessons in acceptance and understanding life and death for us all. For those who didnt fall and for those who did.......they eventually all made their way back to that direct line behind the others...to the other side......maybe next time I view the ants in this way, I might have to view the other side of the door to see where that connection leads me....:smile:

And yes I see the whole selfless networking space for the greater good now too...I am glad I allowed the ants to share their space with me that day....you are right we can learn much if we truly listen and not always with our ears. :smile:

knightofalbion
03-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Thankyou.

Yes this day in my altered space of being one with...I observed all their different paths going around my floor and going up a door. Each one using their own unique path on the floor, no two the same...It was interesting to watch how the direct line they used up the door saw some reach the top and move over to the other side of the door, out of my view. Some walking that direct line, fell down and took a very wide path outward on the floor in many directions that eventually lead them back to the direct path many were already taking. In this space I was able to connect our paths, to the ants paths. As each one fell from the direct line, they each chose the route on the floor to find their way back to the path that lead to the top and over the other side where I could no longer view them.

In this moment of seeing and connecting the ants to our own unique paths in this life, I also became aware of how each one just got on with their path. Those that fell, eventually found their way back to the direct path leading up to the top of the door to the other side. In many ways this space of connection between myself and the ants was my own allignment to understanding some deeper lessons in acceptance and understanding life and death for us all. For those who didnt fall and for those who did.......they eventually all made their way back to that direct line behind the others...to the other side......maybe next time I view the ants in this way, I might have to view the other side of the door to see where that connection leads me....:smile:

And yes I see the whole selfless networking space for the greater good now too...I am glad I allowed the ants to share their space with me that day....you are right we can learn much if we truly listen and not always with our ears. :smile:

Wonderful!

Emmalevine
07-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Not really keen on insects but I do agree with you, they are astonishing. When you really look into their intelligence and how they live it can really be quite humbling. I do go out of my way to help them where possible and not harm them at all, although I have to say I would draw the line at mosquitos!

amy green
07-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Here's an additional method I've found to enable a fly to go outside, i.e. further to my post #5.
(I find flies disrupt my thinking plus there's the hygienic factor re. the kitchen area.)

If the fly still persists in staying indoors, and wafting it towards an opened window doesn't work, you may like to try this. Have a large plastic bag to hand and, when it lands on a surface, loosely encase the bag around the fly - ensuring you keep your hand fairly open. Go to door/window and release. I have used this method several times now with no damage to the fly.

amy green
15-08-2012, 08:53 AM
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible" (Dalai Lama)

Solace733
15-08-2012, 03:20 PM
I am still working on the insect thing....(not a fan of spiders and mosquitos) however, last week this poor little bug kept trying to walk up my bathtub and kept falling on its back. I didn't have the heart to kill it as it was trying so hard so i helped it back upright and it did it again, its arms helplessly moving frantically on its back trying to get upright again, so i lifted it up and took it outside in the hall where a spider was waiting!! The poor bug, so i helped it again by moving it elsewhere. This was all late at night and i was tired, but i hope the little fella made it!

knightofalbion
15-08-2012, 05:22 PM
I am still working on the insect thing....(not a fan of spiders and mosquitos) however, last week this poor little bug kept trying to walk up my bathtub and kept falling on its back. I didn't have the heart to kill it as it was trying so hard so i helped it back upright and it did it again, its arms helplessly moving frantically on its back trying to get upright again, so i lifted it up and took it outside in the hall where a spider was waiting!! The poor bug, so i helped it again by moving it elsewhere. This was all late at night and i was tired, but i hope the little fella made it!

Well done! You did a fine thing - and the right thing.

Solace733
15-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Well done! You did a fine thing - and the right thing.

Thanks knight, and i appreciate your kind heart and spirit. You have a gift and so nice to witness within the human species.:hug3:

amy green
15-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks knight, and i appreciate your kind heart and spirit. You have a gift and so nice to witness within the human species.:hug3:

Yes Solace I so agree. Amidst the storms of negativity that tend so often to frequent this site, your posts tend to reflect the goodness and potential in humanity. You are a shining light here. :smile: :hug3:

Solace733
15-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes Solace I so agree. Amidst the storms of negativity that tend so often to frequent this site, your posts tend to reflect the goodness and potential in humanity. You are a shining light here. :smile: :hug3:

I know you are referring to knight, Amy, but you are definately a good egg too!:hug3:

amy green
15-08-2012, 07:35 PM
I know you are referring to knight, Amy, but you are definately a good egg too!:hug3:

Thank you so much...I do try to be - it pays to be constantly mindful/aware, i.e. not complacent. :smile:

knightofalbion
15-08-2012, 10:18 PM

I am unworthy of such praise, but that is very sweet of you to say so all the same.
Bless your heart.

From others you learn and grow, and from there you pass the light and wisdom that has been shown to you onto others so that they may learn and grow also. And so it continues...We are all cogs in the wheel of spiritual evolution. Each has their equal place and equal part to play.

glenos
15-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I put this on the 'What music' thread. I'll put it here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RbWuFll0Y&feature=player_detailpage (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3D76RbWuFll0Y%26amp%3Bfeature%3Dplayer_detai lpage)

:hug3: