PDA

View Full Version : Asking Good Questions

Quintessence
20-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Hello all,

I'm working on writing some guidelines for asking good questions for divination and thought I would ask for some input from all of you. These guidelines can be as general or as specific as you like, but ideally I'd like them to be applicable to most forms of divination. Thanks in advance for your brainstorming input!

Blessings,
--- Quin

NekoTheCat
22-03-2012, 09:33 PM
i think the questions shouldnt be yes/no type
nor are this type of questions "when will....?" are acceptable

i think the best question would be *what the outcome will be if...?*you should post these questions here as well

amy green
22-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Here's something I've read and others have verified it (will certainly, unfortunately, rock the boat a bit, but in the interests of truth I want to submit it ...):-

Divination operates on intuition and the message is NOT in the means, e.g. crystal ball, cards, palm reading etc. These are just vehicles/catalysts to put you in touch with your intuition. The gross/common mistake that's been made (and now ingrained) is that we've come to believe that - for instance - specific cards, specific lines on the hand hold the meaning. Discuss... (stands well back with hands over her head!)

Henri77
23-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Interesting thread... I've been thinking of again using the IChing after 20 yrs...

and this reminds me of using my first computer..... learning to speak "it's language".... though computer programs have evolved lots in 15 yrs

Thought-language is very sophisticated but far too nebulous...
Would we say that divination tools require a certain logic, to be used effectively? a process of learning their language?

norseman
23-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Here's something I've read and others have verified it (will certainly, unfortunately, rock the boat a bit, but in the interests of truth I want to submit it ...):-

Divination operates on intuition and the message is NOT in the means, e.g. crystal ball, cards, palm reading etc. These are just vehicles/catalysts to put you in touch with your intuition. The gross/common mistake that's been made (and now ingrained) is that we've come to believe that - for instance - specific cards, specific lines on the hand hold the meaning. Discuss... (stands well back with hands over her head!)

Spot on Amy ! The method used is a means of triggering the readers intuition, not anything external.

Henri77
23-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Well of course the reader is the SEER. Surprising if this gets confused by anyone but total newbies. Though I can see how the tarot might encourage this way of thought.

Yet it feel to me, like the tool "speaks" in its unique "language" And we need to learn it's "dialect" to make the best reading, formulate the best query.
Becoming one with it to some degree..... as many tools have a long history, and likely angels-spirit intelligence have learned to work along with it, to assist the reader.
I assume they also tutor the reader over time.

No doubt one can use many tools simply as mirrors-triggers for intuition ... but it's not the only way.

Inspirited
29-05-2012, 08:19 PM
I usually ask questions in the form of: Is it in my best interest to.... (fill in the blank)
Otherwise, Spirit is going to give you their opinion. :smile:

Quintessence
29-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Ah, I never properly thanked people for their feedback and had forgotten about this thread until Inspirited posted in it again. So thanks to everyone who has contributed to this discussion so far! I think it would be great if there was a book on asking good questions. I bet one exists, but probably not for divination specifically... hmm...