PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know why this happens?

Emmalevine
16-04-2007, 08:34 AM
This is a bit personal so I hope no one minds. I wanted to ask about this as I'm confused about why it happens. I have lucid dreams quite often, where I'm aware of being in bed but I'm also dreaming and I can control what is happening. I also get this loud buzzing/humming in my ears, like a strong wind. Anyway, nearly always I end up getting very aroused in these types of dreams, and it seems to be the fact my body is paralysed that causes the arousal. I'm not always even dreaming about sex, although sometimes if I'm in complete control of the dream I head it in that direction:redface: It just seems to be the actual feeling of being unable to move and also being deeply asleep (but wakeful awareness of being asleep) that causes it. Does this happen to anyone else and anyone know why this happens? I'm not sure it's the dream content that's causing it, it seems to be to do with the reaction to my body's state, or my sleep cycle:confused:

If anyone could shed some light on this I would be grateful, and hope it wasn't too personal:redface:

Edited one word to tone down the heat. SF Staff

Lightdreamer
19-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Hi Starbuck,

Yes, I know what is happening. Relax. It's called a Kundalini response. That means that energy rises in the chakras during the dream state (probably what supports the ability to lucid dream and the cause of the 'wind in your ears'/humming sound)

Your body's physical senses can only tell you about the energy rise in one way - by stimulating response using the organs and senses you have available in that part of the body. The lower chakra's cause a sensual response at the physical level when energy activates them.

I know it's tempting to head "that direction" when you feel the response. And there's nothing wrong with that. But for a new experience, and one that will help you grow in understanding of yourself as an energy being, try using that arousal as a signal that your kundalini is rising and see if you can open up to allowing it to rise further up the chakra system. DON"T PUSH it up.... just see if you can focus on ALLOWING it rise naturally.

Mitakuye Oyasin!
Lightdreamer

Emmalevine
19-04-2007, 12:40 PM
That makes sense - thanks for explaining it. I will definitely try to work with the energy the next time that happens, instead of heading in the usual direction! :) Thanks again, that's really helped.

Lightdreamer
19-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Good Starbuck.... just don't forget what I said about not PUSHING that energy up. It must happen naturally or you may 'blow' a chakra. That's NOT a good thing to do to yourself and would require some healing work to get you back into energetic (and emotional!!) balance. *GRIN* I KNOW how tempting it is when you get to a point that you can work consciously with that energy, so I'm nagging I know. Just don't want you to get over-enthusiastic and harm yourself.

Mitakuye Oyasin!
Lightdreamer