PDA

View Full Version : How have Fae helped you?

Raewynn
05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
For the majority of my life, I never felt any strong affiliation with the Wee Folk. The commercial images of happy little elves and sugar plum faeries, especially. This has always seemed a bit odd to me, being half Scottish and possibly a smidgen Irish. One might think such ancestry would give rise to more interactions with the Fae. For most of my life, however, it didn't, and I've never been inclined to force the association.

It wasn't until recently that I've felt drawn to them. I'm not sure to what ends, but I thought I'd ask folks here about their own experiences. So how about it? How have Fae helped you?

(Please note, as awesome as it is to "see" faeries, I'm not looking to hear stories of faerie sightings unless you actually learned a lesson or gained some insight in the process.)

sunny shine
05-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Knowing about elementals and nature spirits has in itself created many light hearted feelings for me! That is how i ventured and hopefully tried to get some pics of my first nature spirits, the way i look at gardening itself has now changed :-)

vicky3619
05-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I think that learning about nature spirit just wake the need to help nature in me. I mean younger I was just fond of nature and did all sort of thing like spreading the word that we need to change our habit and all this but with some problems I had I left completly this part of me and nature spirit has helped me to come back and want to help and heal our planet. Don't really know why, it's just wake up this part of me ahah :)

Rena
09-03-2012, 05:06 PM
ever since i connected with nature spirits (a few months ago), i dont litter anymore..... i used to be a litterbug...... so i think the nature spirits changed my littering ways...... i dont ever want to litter again.....
but i think they will help me in more ways as time goes by......
but so far, that's the only thing i can see that has changed... =)
elementals also have helped me to love nature and appreciate nature more.... i find nature to be very beautiful..

my_road
10-03-2012, 12:46 PM
can the fairies come indoors aswell, see many have indoor plants and that might draw them in. its just at this book here it suggests to go out in forest to get any chance out seeing fairy, but i think they will visit gardens also.

Raewynn
10-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Sounds like a lot of nature spirits tend to promote a general awareness of our environment. :)

Do you folks consider nature spirits to all be faeries? Or are some faeries and some not? Are all faeries nature spirits?

Rena
11-03-2012, 09:10 PM
can the fairies come indoors aswell, see many have indoor plants and that might draw them in. its just at this book here it suggests to go out in forest to get any chance out seeing fairy, but i think they will visit gardens also.

i think they can come indoors as well.....this book that ive been reading says there are "household fairies". they are attracted to houseplants.
i personally think they will come inside your house if you have been connecting with them outside in nature...
fairies are all around outside.... they take care of everything in nature.

Rena
11-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Sounds like a lot of nature spirits tend to promote a general awareness of our environment. :)

Do you folks consider nature spirits to all be faeries? Or are some faeries and some not? Are all faeries nature spirits?

well i used to think that faeries were only "flower faeries" and the like......you know the cutesy little winged beings....
well im connecting with tree spirits now.... i didnt ever consider them to be "faeries"....i always thought they were "tree spirits".
But this faery book calls the tree spirits "tree faeries".... for example the pine tree spirit is called "pine faery" lol. so it gives me a different perspective....
i even think that gnomes are considered to be "faeries"..... hee hee
so i think that every nature spirit is considered a "faery"........
and without a doubt, all faeries are nature spirits! :smile:

Raewynn
13-03-2012, 03:54 AM
well i used to think that faeries were only "flower faeries" and the like......you know the cutesy little winged beings....
well im connecting with tree spirits now.... i didnt ever consider them to be "faeries"....i always thought they were "tree spirits".
But this faery book calls the tree spirits "tree faeries".... for example the pine tree spirit is called "pine faery" lol. so it gives me a different perspective....
i even think that gnomes are considered to be "faeries"..... hee hee
so i think that every nature spirit is considered a "faery"........
and without a doubt, all faeries are nature spirits! :smile:

I never paid much mind to flower fae, but I often connect with Dryads (tree nymphs). The classification of these sorts of spirits always seems a bit hazy to me, too, mostly since definitions of the different kinds of spirits are rarely universal.

Are the trees teaching you anything new, or is your general awareness simply expanding to include noticed them more? :)

You mentioned gnomes. What about leprechauns, kobolds, knockers, hobgoblins, pixies, brownies, bean sídhe, Cat Sìth, Cù Sìth, or Púca? Perhaps before asking my initial question, I ought to ask people what their definition of a "faerie" is. Are they only happy nature spirits? Have you ever heard of sídhe and the Seelie / Unseelie courts from Irish/Scottish lore?

Rena
19-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I think my awareness expanded to notice the trees more....lol
Tree spirits have not taught me anything yet..... (not that Im aware of)...... I just feel the energies of trees....and I have a love for trees now. I feel close to trees.

Yes, I think leprechauns and all of the other ones you listed are considered to be faeries as well.... :smile:
I think definition of faery is a nature spirit or elemental.... any spirit that is in nature....
I really prefer the term "nature spirit".....
Yes I have heard of the Sidhe.....But I dont know too much about them....

There are good and bad faeries! Not all of them are good/happy! I have already encountered one mischievious nature spirit! It was about a week ago! He was sticking his tongue out at me! :icon_eek:
I cant figure out what kind of nature spirit he was....

Asrais
21-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Being from Ireland, I am very familiar with the sidhe of Irish lore. Seems to me, that they are just another race of beings - with good and bad among them.

Irish folklore has a lot of warnings about crossing the fae, destroying fairy forts or fairy rings and bringing about the rath of the fairies and all that - but then you would be pretty annoyed if some one destroyed your home/ belongings.

I can't say that I have gained much from my experiences with the fae, other than an understanding that there is much more in this world than what we can see with our eyes.

Berry
26-03-2012, 02:43 AM
Seeing the fae, and interactions with them is an eye opener for me. When I think of spiritualism, I think of either the divine, or human spirits and ghosts, or even ancestral spirits. As I'm re-reading the thread, it just really hit me that there is much more in this world than what we can see with our eyes as Asrais mentioned.

My family and I have seen 3 different types of fae in our home, sometimes simultaneously. My daughter has told me that the winged fairies help our plants and flowers grow bigger and prettier and I am thankful for their presense and impact in nature, and even companionship for my little daughter.

Boldylocks
07-04-2012, 02:01 AM
The Faery definitely have been teaching me since my encounter with one of these Beings back on 5/31/08. Since that encounter, I realized that since they evidentally were real and out there, that I would try to do my part as a human to take care of my local Environment. Picking up litter and transplanting wild plants that I used to destroy as "weeds". Now I just re-locate them to other areas where they can be safe , and I've been learning the lesson of how important "native plants" are for the local wildlife and pollinating insects.

One morning after a week of saving little baby maple saplings from the lawn mower, A mysterious woman sang this verse to me--while I was still half asleep/half awake. "You are helping the flower to seed; all things are precious". I jolted awake from this song, and wrote it in my journal. That week I had been playing songs on my CD player for the Faery-- especially Loreena Mckennit music, and so I think that this Faery chose to Sing that message back to me.

The Faery continue to teach me. Last Summer I was walking along our road and meditating on how awesome Creation is-- how everthing God created is in harmony with each other and dependent on each other. Then, while thinking this, a thought (which was not my own thought) interjected that mankind is also a part of that harmony, however mankind does not realize this- how much we need Nature as well as the insects and animals. Woww! ... I thought! I knew this message came from a Faery Being with me.

There have been other experiences with them-- these Beings are truly real. Yes, as with all intelligent Beings, you must use discernment as some can be borderline evil-- and they , too , can fall under demonic influence as humans can. Many, however, have such an inner beauty and open-heart towards love and light that we humans can learn from.