PDA

View Full Version : yggdrasil

GeminiTwin
04-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi im curious toknow if anyone would have info on the different realms of the tree. Im taking a course in mythology and would be grateful if some of you guys shared some stories and basic info on Yggdrasil. Thanks!

Quintessence
05-03-2012, 04:06 AM
No offense, but it really is best for you to take a trip to your public library and check out a book on Norse mythology. Asking random strangers on a web forum - whose level of authority you don't know and can't verify - is not a good way to go about getting this kind of basic factual information. Use commonsense research practice.

If, however, you're wanting to know people's personal mystical experiences with Yggdrasil or their opinions on it, by all means ask folks here! I don't follow Norse mythology personally, so I really don't have much to say on that.

Animus27
05-03-2012, 06:01 AM
Hi im curious toknow if anyone would have info on the different realms of the tree. Im taking a course in mythology and would be grateful if some of you guys shared some stories and basic info on Yggdrasil. Thanks!
I agree with Quintessence's point, if you want objective information on it, you shouldn't ask people on a forum. lol

But if you're looking for something more personal than, or alternative to the accepted nine homes (worlds) of Viking Age Norse cosmology, than you'd get something more useful.

ETA: If you're interested in learning more about Norse myth, this blog is cool, but of course, it should not be your only source: http://www.norsemyth.org/