PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to be taught channelling?

LindseyLou
04-01-2012, 10:22 AM
There is someone offering it and I thought it was more of a process that one comes to. What do you think?

Toolite
04-01-2012, 04:08 PM
There is someone offering it and I thought it was more of a process that one comes to. What do you think?

The spirits teach you..and they are your teacher once taught by spirit then you can converse with others who have an experience to close gaps.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

LindseyLou
05-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the answer Toolite.
Can you advise on how to get the spirits' attention - or how they can get mine?
LindseyLou

Toolite
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the answer Toolite.
Can you advise on how to get the spirits' attention - or how they can get mine?
LindseyLou

Can I ask what has lead you upto channeling there are so many other spiritual gifts why have you choosen channeling? and to make it easy for me can you tell me briefly any other gifts you have.. I've only asked so I can best answer your question.

LindseyLou
07-01-2012, 04:11 PM
There is no reason I have honed on to channelling, but that I have an interest.

I have the gift of clairsentience and the gift of knowledge, but this has been overshadowed in recent years by a severe depression and medication.

I am hoping to get some of my skills back, they were really helpful in my counselling practice.

Thanks in advance

Lindsey Lou

Toolite
11-01-2012, 12:30 AM
There is no reason I have honed on to channelling, but that I have an interest.

I have the gift of clairsentience and the gift of knowledge, but this has been overshadowed in recent years by a severe depression and medication.

I am hoping to get some of my skills back, they were really helpful in my counselling practice.

Thanks in advance

Lindsey Lou

Thank you for your honesty. Sometimes I've learned our interest will be sparked when we are about to be taught that gift.. Like it will appear to us that we just have an interest when really it will be God/Spirits going to train us because your will is so important nothing is forced. by you having an interest your easier to teach.. Now when ... I dont know... each spirit guide I believe has their on method of teaching... I know it is important to get used to distinguishing who is talking to you.. which at times is hard and they may not always tell you... Like one time a spirit took over to do a healing for my friend or I should say on my friend and I didnt get to hear the words spoken to her through me.. Thats another sometimes you dont get to hear and sometimes you do... I would say patience and just trust knowing that you want to be properly trained with the proper protection given..

Although I've had experience where a spirit has communicated through me I've never attempted on my own or sought on my own.. Thats just for me and my comfort level..

All The Glory Belongs to God Forever!

LindseyLou
11-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Thanks for that Toolite...

mattie
11-01-2012, 11:33 AM
There are many things one can do to develop energetic abilities. Ask your spiritual team, then trust where they guide you.

When opening up to channeling specific instructions are very useful as well as vetting who contacts you (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=397371#poststop). The stalled prankster spirits have great fun impersonating enlightened beings. Many of the problematic channels that are fear based are from these jokers.

Don't hesitate to question information that you get. Any that is fear based can safely be discarded as not being from a benevolent being. Don't assume that any being contacting you is benevolent.

Toolite
12-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for that Toolite...

You are very welcome.. I must say when I think of you I just get this warm fuzzy feeling (lol).. Thats Good... Stay Encouraged at all times because your attacks from the enemy are something else but, thats because your in a position to help souls.. and of course the enemy just hates that so he works harder on those who are given the gift... Stay Strong and know the Angels are with you and they are just a call away for you...

Toolite
13-01-2012, 06:43 PM

Not that i've gotten clarification I was talking about trance channeling.. Why dont try automatic writing... Ask permission to your guides one day before doing it. Then ask questions and the answer and use your hand to write... I did this before..

Holly
18-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey LindseyLou

This is just my experience but I'd say you can teach the relaxation needed to allow channelling to happen. You can also teach meditation, and teach your example and your experiences while channelling. You could also channel for someone while they watch so they can see how it works and allay any doubts about whether it's possible. Anyone is capable of channelling, because everybody is telepathic. It's not hard to hear higher beings who want to talk to you because they can drop fairly effortlessly to be on your level, the 'hard' part is not being scared or overwhelmed or having your reality shaken about by your own resistance!

I think the act of channelling itself is more of an allowing. The individual wanting to channel has to be ready and willing to relinquish control, particularly the psychological sort. I think 90% of channelling is being ready to do it in your soul, and matching that readiness to a desire to do it for good reasons. Once that's in place, when you learn to relax and let it happen (that's a skill you can teach) it's pretty natural and easy because anything that your soul truly wants is natural and easy!

I know many people have had great success in groups and workshops. I've never taken one, but I imagine they would be good for building confidence and giving each other encouragement. I tend to be solitary, I know a lot of people like to be more social about it. It's nice to learn with others so you can celebrate your success with others. It's up to you which way you do it. I'd say if you want to get a teacher don't spend a fortune on one! Channelling may be a lot easier than you think!

I personally find a lack of competition or expectation (and I know this depends on the group you have) to be very helpful. I find I'm very vulnerable emotionally when I channel, I know I would have blocked the development of the ability if I'd felt watched when I was trying to learn. For example I did a lot of crying in the early days. Being quite shy, I wouldn't have wanted to do that in front of others, so a group would have hindered, not helped me. You might be different, or take comfort in the presence of others.

I think there's no harm in doing it alone or in a group, I would say pick the group carefully because collective expectation is very powerful and you don't want to put pressure on your first experience. I also think there's an limit to how much you can be taught before the emphasis will be on relaxing, allowing and meditation (all practicals!) which you can learn in a classroom or sitting cross legged on the living room floor at home.

Personally, channelling is the best thing that ever happened to me, but I came to it when I was ready. Until Azrael told me what we were doing I didn't even know what a channel was! One day he just appeared in my life and started talking to me. I just sat there thinking....'what the hell is this nonsense??' Then over time other angels (and the occasional ET too) started introducing themselves. I think there was only one I've ever actually asked to meet, the others just occurred in their own time!

I'd suggest you give it a good try at home first, then if you do get a communication and you feel you want to try a group to enhance your ability, you at least enter into it knowing you're capable.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hol