PDA

View Full Version : New to channeling, not sure where to start and a few questions

GnR
03-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Well for starters, I am thinking of getting the book "Opening to Channel: How to Connect with Your Guide", any thoughts on it?

I am also curious as to what comes with channeling. Do you see images? Do you hear voices? Is it your voice or someone elses voice? Can your body be taken over while channeling? I have heard of receiving "new channels", what does that mean? Are there multiple channels? When you channel can you receive information/advice/guidance on your own life? I have heard that you can only receive information pertaining to others and not yourself.

I am very excited to start this, I feel like it will be great to become more spiritual and help others when I can :)

matt1973
05-12-2011, 12:40 PM
I have the book "Opening To Channel" myself and have read a fair chunk of it now.

It has good reviews on Amazon.com, but I'm not really sure what to make of it to be honest.

Like you, I would be interested to hear what others have to say about channeling.

John32241
05-12-2011, 01:12 PM
I used that book to start my channeling experiences. I have always been telepathic. As a result it is not easy for me to advise others on their specifics, except to say, that we are all unique and spiritual work is exceptionally personal.

Best Wishes!!
John

Simontology
05-12-2011, 09:56 PM
I got in to channelling once I read Esther and Jerry Hicks' Teachings of Abraham.
I'd set an intention in my mind of "Contact spirit guide" and then become aware of my inner body, this is bringing a command from conscious mind to unconscious mind.

It shouldn't take long. For me when I first did it right I was overcome with a beautiful feeling of joy and suddenly I had new thoughts in my head as if coming from a conversation.

I was wondering why there weren't a lot of posts about channelled information on this forum, I assumed everyone knew so I decided to just be casual about it.

The guide will answer your every question, for me though my guide purposfully withholds information because he likes to surprise me.

Holly
06-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi GnR,

The book might help. There are a lot of good books out there on channeling, though I admit I've never actually read a book it and I'm channeling Azrael, getting to know Lucifer and I've been happily chatting away to Metatron, Gabriel and I've spoken to I don't know how many other beings now. All from knowing zip not that long ago!

Books can help open you to possibility and prime you on what to expect. They can also put a preconception in your mind about how it should feel.

I started channeling Azrael one night completely blind. I knew he was around from my pendulum, and i invited him to touch my hand, but only if he was here for my highest good. I asked for protection from my guides and off I went. I had NO idea what to do or what to expect. I'm actually glad I didn't read anything first or restrict my mind into one way of working. I just put pen to paper and let him move my hand. After a while I realised I could also hear him.

It's actually very easy - just a choice and trust. Meditation and a clear desire to channel and develop spiritually will get you further than a methodology. Every angel or guide will feel different and each has their own quirks. Each has their own language pattern and a very different energy. The main blocker is fear, not just of the beings but of the unknown - work on your fear and you'll come closer to successful channeling and growth. You'll also attract better experiences, and experience less fear when your guides, or whoever else you choose to work with, throw up thoughts and observations for you to learn by.

Incidentally, the more honest you are about your intentions, to more you will gain from contact with higher beings, and having a desire to help others will attract different and wider experiences than you'll get if you choose to focus solely inward on your own growth.

It's OK to do the latter if you want to. Feel free to ask for certain beings if you want to. When we ask they are free to provide. The archangels are always available. Gabriel is really lovely, though I haven't channeled her directly I've spoken to her quite a bit. I haven't had much contact with Michael but he is very comforting when he does come by.

Azrael is ever so gentle and very loving (good for anyone who's a bit nervous!) and Lucifer is too, (he's an excellent choice if you have fears to work through in a safe and loving environment). Your guardian is always a good one to ask for, or you can wait and see who approaches. It might be easier to make contact with the beings you are intended to work with through an angel you feel drawn to.

For me channeling comes with voices - I hear the words before they are written down, and there are sometimes images when I'm relaxed enough. I pick up feelings and ideas too, often feel their touch when I invite it and its not unsual for me to fall asleep wrapped in their energy.

I receive information that's only for me and my life and path. Some that's for other people when I ask (but only if it's for their good and mine) and some that is relevant to humanity at large. There are often laughs, sometimes lessons for me and regularly cuddles!

I ask all sorts of questions and they (Az and Lucifer) rarely deny me an answer unless they can't tell me for whatever reason. I think I've had about 3 of those total.

Channeling is whatever you want from it, really. It's what you decide to invite- they never do anything you don't want them to. Yes, they can 'take over' your body if you want them to, but they can also communicate (as they do with me) by speaking or writing.

Meditation will get you a long way - I'm terrible for not doing it, but really 30 mins twice a day is the best thing you can do open for channeling AND for your own growth.

Best of luck ;)

Hol