PDA

View Full Version : Spirit doesn't want us to leave? I need perspective!

OutWest
02-12-2011, 09:57 PM
This is long and I apologize, I can’t seem to keep my posts short. I just want to make sure I get it all out :redface:

I am consistent in my ability to sense changes in the energy around me of all kinds. I have had many occasions that allowed me to understand the difference between natural energy, living energy, past energy that clings and spiritual energy. This is the best way I know how to describe it. I don’t see or hear ghosts with my eyes or ears, I just feel the essence of some who have passed on.

I love my house, it‘s the only place I‘ve ever felt “home“. Since I walked through the door a few years ago, I knew we had to have it. We feel great here, everybody gets along, and it’s so comfortable despite being a little small. There have been several times where I feel a presence passing through and I can tell that it's not the same spirit or energy every time. I think I feel what they feel even though they‘re not alive? I feel the curiosity, sadness, happiness, peace and sometimes playfulness but they just come and go like a breeze. Seriously, I've felt and experienced the ones (in other places) who had a purpose- not that I knew what it was- and for the most part, I feel that the majority of these do not. Every once in a while there would be a noise that didn't make sense or something out of place, but I felt whatever it was and it was pleasant and just moved on. I didn’t feel as though any of the encounters were meant to be interactive. It’s kind of like being a weather vane on the top of a barn- I do my thing, and they sort of bump into me every once in a while, sometimes it feels like they are aware of me, sometimes not.

Things changed about 2 years ago. My kids began thinking that I was calling for them when I wasn’t, sometimes I wasn’t even home. My husband (a hardcore skeptic) began telling me about hearing voices that said things related to whatever it was he was doing. I can’t count how many times we jumped up from bed in the middle of the night to see which kid was tromping through the house or running up the stairs only to find everyone sleeping. Sounds of furniture being dragged across the floor above us and lots of bumps in the night, so to speak. Remotes went missing when you turned your head and found in another room, lights found on that we knew were off and then back on within minutes after walking away, toys in places that the kids couldn’t access and an odd cinnamon smell out of nowhere. Things falling off shelves, broken dishes when you grab them and what would normally seem prankster. I thought it was weird because I didn't feel anything malicious, mischievous or even humorous from any source, couldn’t pin it. We’re not the kind who immediately jump to a paranormal conclusion. Probably the opposite- my husband is a police detective so when he confided in me about what he experienced, I knew it was odd. I still felt the occasional passer-through, but they were somehow separate from these events. This all started when we began discussing the possibility of selling the house. We didn't want to move, but we are outgrowing it at a rapid pace and have been saving to buy land. We had our real estate agent and friend come to discuss selling. After she left that day, one of the front windows "fell out" and shattered with no provocation. It is not only irregular, but gigantic, hard to replace and original to the house. Our cell phones wouldn't get reception and we had to go down the street to make calls. I felt a very angry presence come and go in a day.

As we began preparing for the showing of the house, a very dark feeling developed and became increasingly heavy over a few days. It was almost suffocating, I can’t explain it very well. It wasn’t only a feeling that I could sense, my children were sort of on edge, couldn’t sleep, afraid to be alone and the older ones began having dreams (I assume that’s what they were) of a non descript person in their rooms, one of the kids said that this person was trying to pull the cable out of the wall, but he couldn‘t see a face or tell if it was a man or woman, just a figure. I’m not trying to jump to any conclusions about whether they were dreams or not, but they were so scared that we wound up “camping” in the living room for a few days. It just didn’t feel like the home that we loved. The open house was a flop, and every time we showed the house after that, something would go very wrong. Toilet backing up for no reason, raw sewage stench filling the lower level, lights wouldn’t work and of course the potential buyers lost interest quick. My cat, with whom I had a special bond, disappeared one day. He was an indoor cat and if he ever did manage to get out, he would sit on the deck and wait for someone to find him. When people came to view the house, we would put him in the garage in an old XL dog pen. He seemed to enjoy the quiet and was never in the garage for more than an hour. The rest of the family was out fishing for the day and I stayed home to show the house with my realtor. She was with me when I put my kitty in the garage and with me when I went to get him out 45 mins later. The couple for the showing came and went, weren’t really interested and when they looked at the garage it was a quick head duck in the door and that’s it. My cat was curled up in his bed in the cage. When we went to let him back into the house, he was gone- the cage door was latched closed. I searched everywhere, my friend and I were just stumped and after searching every single inch of my house, I knew I wouldn’t find him. There is no way that he was able to get outside. My heart still aches when I think about him, I have no idea what happened that that pain still lingers, I miss him a lot. My frantic searches still leave me with no clue. I called the cops, put up rewards because I thought that maybe somehow someone broke in and stole him- I know, it sounds nuts, but the whole situation is nuts. He’s just gone. The final incident was when the water stopped working. The city had no idea why, came out and checked the access point, it was on. Since it was -20 to -30 the only conclusion that the contractors and city workers could come to was that our pipes were frozen. The pipes are 7 feet under ground and we use a lot of water, so it didn‘t make sense. No one could figure it out, even engineers from the planning dept came out to make sure that our pipes were where they were supposed to be in case the water was shut off at another point. 2 weeks of no water and lots of money for everyone to insist that there was nothing they could do but to try and thaw them- it was going to cost about 8K if all went well.

We decided to take the house off the market because of all of the problems we were having. I felt crushed emotionally, especially because of my cat’s disappearance. That feeling of worry and guilt are my weak spots, can‘t describe it but I felt much less capable of handling life as it was thrown at me. Our water just started running one morning shortly after we removed the ads for the house. The city still has no idea :icon_eek: Thank God it came back though! The heavy dark energy lifted and life went on. Nothing exceptional for about a year.

A few weeks ago, we got a lead on several hundred acres of land that is exactly what we wanted and the price is ridiculously low. It’s perfect and we responded that we wanted to view the property the following weekend. One thing after another, phones with no reception, internet down, freak ice storm, you get it. So, the broker was unable to meet with us and the buyer was desperate and took an offer. We lost it. I started looking at land online again and was talking with my husband about different areas. As I was on the computer, I felt the dark energy sort of trickle in, not a presence, but just a heaviness. It’s almost suffocating and I equate it to the feeling of wearing a gas mask and ear plugs- I did a lot of that in the military and it is draining. It was again hard to pin. We went to bed early, the kids were easy to get down and as I laid there I could heard banging somewhere on the floor above me. I tried to ignore it, but it got louder and louder. My husband woke up, shook it off as the wind and fell back asleep. The banging turned into footsteps and I wondered if my oldest was up and walking around. I got out of bed to see, but I knew in my heart that it wasn‘t my kids. I heard sounds like the fridge opening in the kitchen at the opposite end of the house. Then I heard one of the baby gates open and shut in the kitchen. I ignored the footsteps and went toward the kitchen and no one was in there. The gate was shut, all the lights were off and no one was anywhere in the lower levels. I felt the energy/presence getting stronger and heard a door slam somewhere in the house. No one was awake and as I went from room to room to check on my kids, the windows and the doors, I would hear very specific and loud noises in another part of the house. I felt like I was being toyed and the sounds were so clear that I thought for a second that maybe someone broke in but I had checked any entrance. I was praying and asking for strength to understand what was happening. I did feel the dark energy sort of localize near me and I sensed that it was in fact a presence of some kind and it now didn’t feel as foreboding, and seemed almost sad? I do sense that this is a female energy who is normally content- I think I‘ve felt “her“ before, I just realized that at this moment, wow! I tried to communicate, but I’ve never been able to do that. I think I’m afraid to get an answer sometimes so I may be blocking something. I sat for awhile listening. I began to meditate- I think of it as turning certain functions off, lol, not sure if that’s right. But, I helps me feel the world better. I could still feel “it” and it was still angry, but nothing happened, the noises stopped, the essence sort of faded and drifted away throughout the morning. I stayed awake until it left and went to bed as the sun was coming up.

Since then, the house feels warm and happy again. I don’t get it. I tossed around the idea of a poltergeist type activity and thought that maybe one of us subconsciously didn’t really want to move, but none of us really want to leave this house, we just don’t fit anymore, lol. The other thing that didn’t make sense about the poltergeist theory is that I just very distinctly felt this presence as I do other beings. I can distinguish between live and dead energies and this was very much “not alive” once I was able to have it near me. My teenager gives off such intense emotion that I can pick her out a mile away, lol. If it were a poltergeist, I would sort of expect that I’d sense it as human energy. Any ideas as to what this could be? From what I understand, this would take a lot of energy for a spirit and I can’t imagine why so much would be focused on my family. Maybe whatever it is, it likes us and wants us to stay?

This house has have many owners and residents. It was used as a boarding house in the 40’s- lawyers would travel from around the state for cases in our town and stay at this house. After that, very few owners stayed for longer than 2-3 years. This house is beautiful and in a great part of town, it always has been. It makes me wonder if this is why so many have moved.

I’ve tried to contact a local, reputable psychic/medium to talk with but she won’t answer her phone, lol. Maybe she’s scared J

blackraven
03-12-2011, 01:33 AM
OutWest - Your story is incredible. It very much sounds like many things I experienced in the old home I lived in with my family for 16 years. I too felt I was home from the day I looked at my house and had to have it. But the haunting started almost immediately and continued throughout the years I believe because the spirits were drawn to my sensitivities. When I was more emotional I would hear the sound of furniture sliding while everyone was sleeping. Doors banged shut on their own and pictures flew off the wall. A heavy jade tree was lifted and carried several feet across a room and dropped hard on the floor upstairs while we were eating dinner once. My husband too was a hard core skeptic until living in this house. My son experienced a spirit visitation one night and when I tried to get to his room to comfort him something held my body in place in my own bedroom and I couldn't move my feet. It also felt like someone was holding my shoulders down from above. I finally broke loose and my son said men were pointing guns at him. A war vet died that previously lived in our home. I have always wondered if it was his spirit that haunted us. I could write a book on all the things that went on in my house. Luckily for us we were able to move out with success.

I honestly feel for you and what you're going through with your family. I'm so very sorry that your cat is gone. I feel there is definitely paranormal activity in your home. Your last 2 paragraphs are important. If your house was a boarding house in the 40's there could have been all kinds of activity in your home and you could have residual energy running rampant! Contacting a reputable psychic/medium is the best thing you can do for your family at this point in time. I wouldn't delay. These spirits seem to be running the show at your house and having their way with things, ie. messing things up when you're trying to sell your place. That's major. On top of that, they have your family scared. You need your house cleansed and for a professional to send whoever is there away for good. Best of luck to you and your family OutWest. Keep us posted.

Blackraven

IsleWalker
03-12-2011, 01:59 AM
OutWest--

I'm assuming this is what you wanted comments on. I'm not really sure what I have to offer since you already seem to have really good senses about energies--far better than I do. Yours seem to be the "from the gut" kind--i.e. feelings instead of words or visions. I'm more of a vision person.

You know, of course, that your own suspicions are all through this. You asked it directly==Did they want you to stay?Seems to me they do/did. Who knows why. Especially when you described the feeling of sadness (rather than anger)--this entity was realizing that your family would continue to look for someplace else.

IDK--there are often reports of people who have been "left behind" by an active, loving family and, rather than realize they are gone, have found "substitute" families they come to love. Sounds like this entity--loves your family!

Seems to me you have two options: Tell her (him/it) that you would be glad to take them with you to your new location. Ask them to help you select land that will be good--will have good vibes. OR--begin the (internal) discussion with them about the fact that they are gone, that the family they loved are waiting for them at a place much more loving than this...etc. I don't know if you feel you can communicate this way, but I'm almost sure you can since this entity has already developed a strong bond to you. Somehow, you will be able to communicate what you want.

It's really a tough call. Maybe some choose to experience an expanded time in astral. I know the popular attitude is to send them on their way. But who are we to say this isn't just as valid a form of experiencing as "going to the light"? And from your description, it almost sounds like they/she were part of the good vibe your family has gotten from the house. You will know in your gut which is the best for you.

I can totally identify with "home" feeling like home as soon as you walk in. For me it had to do with vibes, where the sun enters. Since I've been here I've begun to feel the pride of the person who planted the grape vines. I've become obsessed by the people who lived here once my OH began seeing a lady dressed in black through the corner of his eye (also not a believer). So I feel a bond to these people who built and lived in this house. I don't even think this is spirits who are resident, just some who pass by, remembering fondly. I was working in the dirt in the deck today wondering just who had worked this flower bed before.

Anyway--I think you may already know the answers. I can hear between your words that you already understand. Just trust yourself.

Good luck to you.

IsleWalker - Lora