PDA

View Full Version : Ghost or psychic ability?

matt1973
27-11-2011, 01:37 AM
My father-in-law passed away a couple of months ago and there have been a number of strange occurrences since he passed.

The strangest of these was what felt more like a psychic connection than a haunting.

He passed from lung cancer (amongst other places in his body) and in his final days he complained of pain in the right side of his chest where a tumor and a blood clot were present.

Since his death I have constantly asked him to let me know he is ok. I know it is unlikely, but I have asked him to materialise as an apparition or do anything that would reassure me. No apparition, but on one occasion I felt a tremendous pain in the right side of my chest and I could also clearly smell his cigarette smoke as if he were right there next to me smoking away.

I also saw spirit lights the night he passed.

My question is whether these experiences can be classified as having experienced the presence of a ghost or a psychic connection? Unfortunately, I was alone when I experienced these things, so I have no way of knowing whether this was a connection between the two of us (I am sensitive) or if others would have had the same experience had they been there.

Medium_Laura
27-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Ask him to confirm it was him by coming into your dreams. You are more apt to believe him in a dream then you are dancing lights. My father made first contact with me in a dream 1 year after his cancer passing. They have to go through a healing center first on the Other Side. To rid them of earths issues/negativity. Time goes much more slowly there. 10 minutes is like 1 year to us. So be patient and keep asking for him to come into your dreams.

Keep a journal of any and every dream from today forward. You will get your "proof".

direwolf
28-11-2011, 04:05 AM
my dad came to me in a dream a few months after he died. told me not to worry. that he was happy.

mattie
28-11-2011, 07:29 AM
It is very likely that the 2 signs you had that were very personal to him (right chest pain & cigarette smell) were his way of connecting. TRUST that this was his confirming that he is OK. These are very common types of connections that people have.

vulkus
28-11-2011, 07:57 AM
My father-in-law passed away a couple of months ago and there have been a number of strange occurrences since he passed.

The strangest of these was what felt more like a psychic connection than a haunting.

He passed from lung cancer (amongst other places in his body) and in his final days he complained of pain in the right side of his chest where a tumor and a blood clot were present.

Since his death I have constantly asked him to let me know he is ok. I know it is unlikely, but I have asked him to materialise as an apparition or do anything that would reassure me. No apparition, but on one occasion I felt a tremendous pain in the right side of my chest and I could also clearly smell his cigarette smoke as if he were right there next to me smoking away.

I also saw spirit lights the night he passed.

My question is whether these experiences can be classified as having experienced the presence of a ghost or a psychic connection? Unfortunately, I was alone when I experienced these things, so I have no way of knowing whether this was a connection between the two of us (I am sensitive) or if others would have had the same experience had they been there.
I find this whole post fascinating, your sensitive, you saw spirit lights, you've asked for a manifestation and yet. You don't believe it will happen. Seems to me it already happened and your not satisfied, it looks like you want other ppl to tell you it was a connection. Strange, when you a sensitive, would be the best person to answer such a question.

vulkus
28-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Ask him to confirm it was him by coming into your dreams. You are more apt to believe him in a dream then you are dancing lights. My father made first contact with me in a dream 1 year after his cancer passing. They have to go through a healing center first on the Other Side. To rid them of earths issues/negativity. Time goes much more slowly there. 10 minutes is like 1 year to us. So be patient and keep asking for him to come into your dreams.

Keep a journal of any and every dream from today forward. You will get your "proof".
Why does the poster continually require proof? that is a crutch. They have seen the lights, these lights or orbs often appear at the time of death to represent the passing of a loved one. What more proof is needed?

Silver
28-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah, to me, too it is a bit disquieting that some seemingly glaringly obvious 'signs' aren't enough........not sure why that is, but I lost my son on Valentine's Day of 2010 and I had what I considered signs and knew that nobody else could adjudge whether they were 'real' or not, I was very comforted by them. I hope you allow them to be what they appeared to be some day soon, Matt. Bless you. Losing a loved one is far from easy.

Tabitha
28-11-2011, 09:38 AM
I can understand Matt1973's doubts/misgivings, and the continual need for more "proof". In my own case I keep getting assured that all the signs point to a particular individual (the Gareth referred to in my posts), but I still struggle to get my head around that, much as I would be happy for it to be true. I think it's particularly hard for me since I had no personal connection to him when he was alive.

But no, I think it's understandable for some people to find it difficult to truly believe - maybe it's just in the nature of their personalities. I guess some people are just more confident in interpreting their experiences than others?

matt1973
28-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I find this whole post fascinating, your sensitive, you saw spirit lights, you've asked for a manifestation and yet. You don't believe it will happen. Seems to me it already happened and your not satisfied, it looks like you want other ppl to tell you it was a connection. Strange, when you a sensitive, would be the best person to answer such a question.

I think people have kind of misunderstood my original post. I do not doubt that my father-in-law has made a connection since his passing at all.

The question related mainly to the experience of the chest pain and smelling of cigarette smoke and whether that was a psychic experience between the two of us or the presence of his ghost. I simply wonder whether others would have experienced the smell of cigarette smoke had they been in the room with me at the time.

As for being "sensitive"; I was told this many years ago long before I ever set out on a spiritual journey. I have never actively encouraged it or tried to develop it until fairly recently. This is why there is some confusion on my part. I am trying to make a distinction between what might have been a psychic experience or the presence of a ghost.

Maynah
28-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi matt1973,
I would say yes to both a psychic connection and presence of ghost.

After my uncle died his smell would linger in certain areas of our house. Usually when we would have people over and all be sitting on the dining table. I smelt him by the doorway and in the kitchen. It was like he was joining in on the conversation. Others would smell him too and it was to the point when we would walk through it and say "uncle is there". My dad, his brother, was the only who couldn't smell him for a long while, I think he was upset by this. But he did eventually after a week or so and then the smell went away. So yes, I believe if there were others in the room, they may have smelt him too. My uncle died whilst on holiday overseas, was buried there too, so we felt it was his way of saying goodbye. Brought us much comfort.

As for the chest pain. This was a psychic experience that not everyone would have felt. If you develop your abilities further you may be considered what they call an empath. You can feel the pain and emotions of spirit. That is just from my limited understanding, forum please correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way it sounded like a positive experience. You connected with him and that is wonderful.

matt1973
29-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks guys.

I really am quite new to all this. Despite being told I was sensitive many years ago when I was no more than 18-years-old, I have spent most of my adult life as a non believer. Well, that's not strictly true. I think it is fairer to say that I've spent most of my life knowing that there is an afterlife/spirits etc but trying to convince myself otherwise because, in the modern world, you are made to feel stupid for having such beliefs.

I experienced things when I was younger and even told a ghost or spirit that actually spoke to me to "f**k off" and never wanted nothing to do with any of it. It's only in recent times that I've accepted what I knew all along.

I'd like to develop the gift I think I have been given, but I just hope I've not left it too late or done too much damage in denying the existance of spirits for so long.

MYFIGO
29-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Matt,

I do understand where you are coming from. From my own experiences, I would agree that the pain may have been a psychic connection while the smell may have been a visit.

I'm sure you haven't waited too long. I waited almost 60 years to embrace my abilities and the journey is so worth it! I've spent the past two years in a daily study of the psychic world and have enjoyed it so much. But I had to wait until I was ready for it.

If I can be of assistance or encouragement to you, don't hesitate to write! Best wishes for a wonderful journey!

vulkus
29-11-2011, 10:50 AM
I think people have kind of misunderstood my original post. I do not doubt that my father-in-law has made a connection since his passing at all.

The question related mainly to the experience of the chest pain and smelling of cigarette smoke and whether that was a psychic experience between the two of us or the presence of his ghost. I simply wonder whether others would have experienced the smell of cigarette smoke had they been in the room with me at the time.

As for being "sensitive"; I was told this many years ago long before I ever set out on a spiritual journey. I have never actively encouraged it or tried to develop it until fairly recently. This is why there is some confusion on my part. I am trying to make a distinction between what might have been a psychic experience or the presence of a ghost.
Thank you for the clarification.
A ghost IMO is just an emotional imprint nothing more. Just like when you walk in to a house and believe it has 'character' ghosts are much the same. It is possible that someone with no ability would have smelled the smoke just as you did. I have smelled and heard dogs walking in my garden and yet they aren't there. But everyone with me believed they were dogs. It was a collective experience.

vulkus
29-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks guys.

I really am quite new to all this. Despite being told I was sensitive many years ago when I was no more than 18-years-old, I have spent most of my adult life as a non believer. Well, that's not strictly true. I think it is fairer to say that I've spent most of my life knowing that there is an afterlife/spirits etc but trying to convince myself otherwise because, in the modern world, you are made to feel stupid for having such beliefs.

I experienced things when I was younger and even told a ghost or spirit that actually spoke to me to "f**k off" and never wanted nothing to do with any of it. It's only in recent times that I've accepted what I knew all along.

I'd like to develop the gift I think I have been given, but I just hope I've not left it too late or done too much damage in denying the existance of spirits for so long.
Personally I don't believe them to be gifts, it is an inate ability within all of humanity. Some know it and some do not. Many like yourself supress the ability throughout their lives, while others go on to develop it.
It is never to late to open yourself up and train that ability.

Medium_Laura
29-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Why does the poster continually require proof? that is a crutch. They have seen the lights, these lights or orbs often appear at the time of death to represent the passing of a loved one. What more proof is needed?
Because as humans, we need to "prove" it exists. It's born into us. When we are more attached to ourselves as a physical being. When we find and discover we are in fact a spiritual person, living in a human suit, we require less proof and just accept that there are things we can experience that will never be explained and we end up being okay with it ;)

Maynah
30-11-2011, 01:35 AM
That's true Medium Laura. I felt there was someone else in my room and when I asked for proof, I felt two hands push into my back, scared the **** out of me!! I've never asked for proof after that lol

Matt one thing I know about the spirit world, my guides, is their patience, they'll always be there. I shut it all out for 6 years while I had my kids. Picking it back up again just this year I feel my connection is much stronger than it ever was. All the best with your discoveries.

Rozer
05-12-2011, 05:42 AM
Where the skeptics come from or what their purpose, they all agree on one area. They will seek out the frauds, the imaginative, the mentally ill and any mistake or imperfect act to use as creditability and validation for their point of view. Where skepticism is good to a certain point for us all – blind obsessive compulsive skepticism is good for no one. It proves nothing. Keeping an open mind and being able to think on a deeper level will allow one to experience more, which then, expands one’s knowledge and overall horizon intelligence.