PDA

View Full Version : questions about divination

vicky3619
24-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I know almost nothing on divination but have lots of questions.
Does we need special ability to do divination ?
and is it possible to bring bad energy/demons while doing divination ? for example tarot or pendulum ?

angelwhispers
24-11-2011, 04:49 PM
you already have the ability in you, you just have to wake it up so to speak. if you're looking for a divination tool find what truly speaks to you. i went through many tarot, pendulums and angel, oracle decks. i found a deck that truly speaks to me. i read it without any effort at all. so i guess its trial and error.

Aquarian
25-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Divination explained on this forum (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18873)

vicky3619
27-11-2011, 12:02 PM
thanks you :)

Quintessence
03-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Does we need special ability to do divination ?

Depends on what you mean by "special ability." Every skill requires aptitude in some fashion or another, and divination is no different. And, like every skill, you can improve with practice but will inevitably run into limits (e.g. virtually anyone can learn basic math, but not everyone will have the mental capacity or discipline for graduate-level statistics/calculus).

and is it possible to bring bad energy/demons while doing divination ?

Possible? Probably, if your belief system includes things like "bad energy" and "demons." In my metaphysical understanding, energy is just energy. It's not bad, it's not good, so that entire question is not applicable. I also don't have a belief in demons as you probably mean. There are all sorts of otherworldly entities, sure, but unless you're using otherworldly methods of divination you are very unlikely to be running into them. Neither tarot nor pendulums are otherworldly forms of divination. Examples of using the otherworlds in divination would include using dreams as a divinatory medium or the practice of necromancy (divination by speaking with the dead or ancestor spirits).

*Melissa*
07-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Everybody is psychic! Everyone has the "ability" do do divination. The key is to slower ones mind...and open yourself to receiving information (which I recommend through meditation) and practice, practice, practice. lol

It is important to ground yourself before any psychic work...(not because of demons) but because you may open up doors, that are not entirely light...with that being said, do a small imagery, imagine yourself as a tree, and your legs and feet sinking into the ground...(you can hold a grounding stone) also ask the guides to give you messages that are only truthful, loving and from spirit. You can do this once with your cards or pendulum...but try to at least ground before hand every-time so you don't get spacey or lightheaded or sometimes I get headaches....

Good luck! Any other questions feel free to IM me!

(PS. I dont believe in demons or hell either)