PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in my bedroom?

ellavate
14-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I have recently moved into my boyfriends mums house which is located in an old peoples home (she is a warden there) I have always been convinced there is a strange presence in the bedroom. The room is always ice cold even when the windows are shut, and all the other rooms are really nice and warm, and it has an atmosphere about it. There is always an ice cold draft in the room too.

A couple of times now I have been drifting off to sleep and been aware of a black shadow, it startles me then i come to be fully awake but see nothing.

Last night I was asleep and i dreamed that there was a back figure at the end of my bed, the figure swept over my face, it felt very cold and felt like i was struggling to breathe. It startled me and woke me up but there was nothing in the room. I know I was asleep but I think I was lucid dreaming becuase in my dream i was lying in the bed asleep when the figure passed over me. It didnt feel like I was dreaming about the figure though, it rally felt like it was there.

What do you think guys? do you think this could be a ghost or a dream??

perhaps I should add that all the times i have experienced 'ghosts' it has been in this very light state of sleep, where i am lucid dreaming. it feels like such light sleep im not asleep at all if that makes sense. I have felt icy cold over me and seen black shadows

thanks, Ella

Medium_Laura
14-10-2011, 05:30 PM
It could be a spirit as well. You say it's in an "old people's home." Think of how many people pass away there! I'm sure many of them come and visit with friends they made whom are still living. It wouldn't scare me at all, I'm sure they are just looking for their friends :)

SquirrelSister
16-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Hi Ellavate,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm a little worried that you struggle to breathe when you see this black shadow. Do you feel threatened?

I would recommend burning some sage in your room, you don't need to smoke yourself out, just enough to cleanse the room. You could also try sleeping with some protection crystals under your pillow.

PM me if you would like some help picking out some protection crystals.

Also if you get really worried, go have a reading done, they will be able to help you identify if it is something to worry about.

Love&Light,
Squirrel.

mattie
16-10-2011, 10:26 AM
You have the ability to tell any unwanted spirits to scram.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities-
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=156097&posted=1#post156097

ellavate
21-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi guys thank you for your replies xx

ellavate
21-10-2011, 03:08 PM
also laura, you say it could be a spirit, what is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?

Medium_Laura
21-10-2011, 10:50 PM
I popped in to check this. I'm on vacation :P

Ghosts have not crossed into the light. They see it, they just choose not to cross. They usually have emotional human baggage are not all ghosts are nice. They can be cross, scared, etc.

Spirits, have crossed and they visit family and friends. They have a wonderful light happy feeling about them when they visit. They leave when asked, they are just "visiting" our plane of existence:)

BlackWolf
23-10-2011, 12:48 AM
How can a spirit who just comes and visits their friends and family make someone so cold?

Medium_Laura
23-10-2011, 12:17 PM
They still use energy BlackWolf, The energy in the room will drop when a spirit or ghost is visiting. I also get energy spikes. Hair on my arms, head, neck with stand up or the feeling of having cobwebs on my face.

BlackWolf
04-11-2011, 03:36 AM
Ahhh, so it's an energy "spike" when I feel that way. Makes sense.

nightowl
04-11-2011, 04:06 AM
I popped in to check this. I'm on vacation :P

Ghosts have not crossed into the light. They see it, they just choose not to cross. They usually have emotional human baggage are not all ghosts are nice. They can be cross, scared, etc.

Spirits, have crossed and they visit family and friends. They have a wonderful light happy feeling about them when they visit. They leave when asked, they are just "visiting" our plane of existence:)

hmmm...learn something new everyday :smile:

Scibat
04-11-2011, 05:12 AM
I have recently moved into my boyfriends mums house which is located in an old peoples home (she is a warden there) I have always been convinced there is a strange presence in the bedroom. The room is always ice cold even when the windows are shut, and all the other rooms are really nice and warm, and it has an atmosphere about it. There is always an ice cold draft in the room too.

A couple of times now I have been drifting off to sleep and been aware of a black shadow, it startles me then i come to be fully awake but see nothing.

Last night I was asleep and i dreamed that there was a back figure at the end of my bed, the figure swept over my face, it felt very cold and felt like i was struggling to breathe. It startled me and woke me up but there was nothing in the room. I know I was asleep but I think I was lucid dreaming becuase in my dream i was lying in the bed asleep when the figure passed over me. It didnt feel like I was dreaming about the figure though, it rally felt like it was there.

What do you think guys? do you think this could be a ghost or a dream??

perhaps I should add that all the times i have experienced 'ghosts' it has been in this very light state of sleep, where i am lucid dreaming. it feels like such light sleep im not asleep at all if that makes sense. I have felt icy cold over me and seen black shadows

thanks, Ella

Before you attribute this to something it may not be, look at a more common and mundane cause than ghosts:

Hypnagogic Hallucinations can produce the black shadow entities you described as well as the part about being startled. I have suffered from these for years, and they can stem from a number of minor sleep disorders and are very common.

They are almost exactly as you have described, happen between being awake and asleep and are not ghosts nor anything supernatural. If they are a regular thing see a doctor and see if s/he can help with medication or perhaps a sleep study to get to the bottom of things.

Medium_Laura
04-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Scibat is very right as well. I never see spirit or ghosts with my eyes. I see them with my mind.

NirvanaGirl
07-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Intresting thread. Currently in a similar situation & appreciate the answers & advice =>