PDA

View Full Version : Pluto Influence - Practicing Reading Charts

VesicaPhoenix11
17-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I am reading (in my limited way) a birth chart for a friend and had a question/comment for any one who may have some advice.

In his 4th house he has first the Sun (in Virgo), followed directly by Mercury, then Pluto, Mars, and Venus (in Libra). Each planet seems to be within a few degrees of each other since all 5 of them are in the 4th house, but I have included the exact data below.

My intuition and the little bit of astrology I have learned over the years is telling me Pluto is a major player in this chart.

My question is - is Pluto THE crux of energies not only in his 4th house - family life in general and his childhood in particular - but also in the rest of his chart?

I know that Pluto is Conjunct his Mercury, Venus, and Mars; trine his Moon, and Jupiter; sextile his Saturn and Neptune; AND square his ascendant. All of which are favorable aspects except for his square the ascendant. I also noticed that Pluto has aspects with all of his planets except his Sun and Uranus.

Sun Virgo 23°26'33 in house 4 direct
Moon Gemini 17°34'22 in house 12 direct
Mercury Libra 4°58'48 in house 4 retrograde
Venus Libra 17°45'37 in house 4 direct
Mars Libra 14°53'15 in house 4 direct
Jupiter Gemini 1°11'11 in house 11 stationary (R)
Saturn Leo 12°29'09 in house 2 direct
Uranus Scorpio 4°51'57 in house 5 direct
Neptune Sagittarius 11°21'16 in house 6 direct
Pluto Libra 10°52'50 in house 4 direct
True Node Scorpio 4°17'14 in house 5 direct

And if this is so - how would that be interpreted? I am thinking after reviewing every aspect of his chart - that there are unconscious transformative energies locked up in his experiences during his childhood with his parents (most likely his father, but maybe also his mother due, among other aspects, to the moon being in the 12th house - house of secrets and hidden things - unconscious aspects) and how he has allowed those experiences to shape his life.

I also notice how his moon while being in the 12th house is connected to his 4th house - because Cancer (which is his Ascendant) is ruled by the moon and the 4th house. Which ties that family influence up, I think, tight like a drum.

And if Pluto does receive special emphasis then I would also think the Uranus placement in the 5th house, in Scorpio (which is ruled by Pluto) should also reflect a little of that. Which in his particular case I think has something to do with his son, since the 5th house relates to children and taking pleasure in them. Uranus in the 5th indicates difficulty with children either being born, being born healthy or the child is "difficult" to manage because they require a level of mutual respect that most children eschew.

So does Pluto have the influence I think it does? And if it does am I correct in thinking that its influence is largely unconscious? And I am also near the mark when I think that they key to its influence on the family/childhood is wrapped up in it conjunctions with Venus, Mars, and Mercury?

Greybeard
17-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Venus is sole dispositor of the chart, a very powerful position.
She is besieged by the violent or compulsive conjunction of Mars/Pluto on the one hand, and Uranus on the other.

Jupiter is the Leading Planet in a Bowl Pattern and is brought to High Focus in this chart. Jupiter is the preeminent planet in this chart because it is the energy that carries him forward into life. This self-contained personality seeks to break free from strong feelings of imprisonment through the expansion of broad knowledge and personal associations. Indecisiveness is problematic. This man lives in a world of ideas and theories, rather lost in a world of fancy. The Bowl is defined by the Mutable opposition between Moon and Neptune, and comes to focus in the Sun. The use of the personal will is critical here, self-reliance is weak.

I would consider 4 planets as most prominent: First, Jupiter. Second, Venus. Third, Sun. Fourth, Moon....Sun and Jupiter are the two most "visible" in the life.

At about age 6 there is a critical event involving the family, parents in which this man, as a child, feels betrayed or let down. Memories and emotions are deeply repressed, and the personality is essentially quite impersonal and detached. To escape emotional pain he moves into a world of his own creation, in the mind, a world vividly imagined. At about age 8 there may have been an unexpected, out-of-the-ordinary and exciting experience, possibly while on a long trip or engaged in religious activity, with an older person in a position of authority as guide.

VesicaPhoenix11
17-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks for your insight (as always). I wouldn't even had tried to "read" any of his birth chart except I was copying and pasting the interpretations for his signs, houses, and aspects so he could read those - and thought I might have saw a pattern in there that didn't exist.

Such is life, you have to learn to crawl before you can walk.