PDA

View Full Version : Animal Spirit Guides: questions and answers

xXHauntedxLadyXx
21-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Dear everyone

As I know you guys are very kind of heart and nice people, I'd like to ask a few questions about some things I don't understand completely, and maybe you could help me.
First: If we look at the Native American tradition, it sais that the animal spirit chooses you. According to what do they do that? To our needs or something else, like something we'll need in the future?
Second: I have read that we have to meditate to get to our animal spirit guide. Is there any other way? Like, an animal that we see often, or a kind of animal that we're very attached to without an apparent reason? I'm asking this because I wanna find them, and I live in a one-roomed flat. I can't ever meditate here, or at least, not such long meditation that I could ever meet them.
Third: Do animal spirits represent some issue or path in life? Does each of them have a special meaning?

Thank you
Love, H.L.

Medium_Laura
21-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi Haunted.

Yes in NA trad, an animal picks you based on your lessons you are going through. You can meditate to find yours but you can also pay attention. If you see one more than 3 times, in 3 different ways, this is most likely your totem.

It can be on TV, A billboard, an ad in the mail, in your backyard, on someone's bag, etc.

Mine are Panther and Hawk.

If you need more help, let me know.

Baamaapii.

nightowl
21-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Dear everyone

As I know you guys are very kind of heart and nice people, I'd like to ask a few questions about some things I don't understand completely, and maybe you could help me.
First: If we look at the Native American tradition, it sais that the animal spirit chooses you. According to what do they do that? To our needs or something else, like something we'll need in the future?
Second: I have read that we have to meditate to get to our animal spirit guide. Is there any other way? Like, an animal that we see often, or a kind of animal that we're very attached to without an apparent reason? I'm asking this because I wanna find them, and I live in a one-roomed flat. I can't ever meditate here, or at least, not such long meditation that I could ever meet them.
Third: Do animal spirits represent some issue or path in life? Does each of them have a special meaning?

Thank you
Love, H.L.

xXHauntedxLadyXx,

Very often an animal guide will be a lot like you in personality, abilities, and characteristics. Some tribes believe in a birth animal, it too is so for Celtic beliefs. Mine came to me in the physical and kept showing up everywhere for like a week. If an animal is in your area it could simply be their habitat, but that doesn't discount the possibility that they could be one. Keep notice if it shows up in other places. I have never had to meditate to get them to reveal themselves, just be open to animal guides and welcome them to come to you.

There are power animals, these are usually with you from birth, and they are the ones that are most like you. Then there are animal guides who will come to you when the have a lesson or insight to share with you and once the message has been received and understood by you they will move on.

When animal guides show up it is always good to research them and learn of their behavior, habitat and abilities you will find many insights into them and how they connect to you in doing so.

A animal guide can often be an animal you have had an affinity for all your life. I always had an attachment to lions and I found out it the lion is a representative of my guardian angel.

I have two power animals the owl and the raven who are with me all the time and two guides that come and go, the turkey vulture and the golden eagle.

I am with Mediumlaura, in that mine always are in threes when they have significance.

If you have anymore question feel free to ask or if you like you can pm me...:smile:

nightowl

Kristin050585
21-08-2011, 07:36 PM
that is interesting. There are always animals around me whenever I am out and about. I really should pay attention more. lol. I usually go walking to clear my mind.

Medium_Laura
21-08-2011, 07:38 PM
A great book to get is called "Animal Speak" by the late Ted Andrews. Each animal you encounter has a message for you :) It's pretty cool!

nightowl
21-08-2011, 07:39 PM
A great book to get is called "Animal Speak" by the late Ted Andrews. Each animal you encounter has a message for you :) It's pretty cool!

Ditto to that ML, great resource to have ! :D

nightowl

xXHauntedxLadyXx
22-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks. I'll try and pay attention more to the animals around me, though there are plenty of them...yeah...Could I read that book online or do I have to buy it?

Medium_Laura
22-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure. I like having my pocket guide in my hand. That way I can look up animals when I'm not on my internet.

xXHauntedxLadyXx
23-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Alright, thanks. I'll try to find it

PATHVISION
23-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I like all types of animals so it would be hard for me to single one or two out.
Plus it depends where I'm at the animals vary. Though it seems that no matter where I go all the animals that I see tend to respond positively to me.
So not sure what or which one would be mine?

Docha
23-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Probably crow pathvision. Lol

I had the same problem, but crows and ravens dominate, always around, its rare when I don't see them they are pretty bold with me too.

But, part of crow medicine is rhe ability to work with all animal guides.

To me, every encounter I have is significant, I give thanks and use the messages to guide my life choices etc. I rarely need to look up messages any more. I only do if I get stuck in my thoughts. Generally speaking ant wont always be the same message...there are many ways to apply ant power, same for all. So to dismiss any as unimportant, you're selling yourself short.

Its an amazing way to hear the universe speak. :D