PDA

View Full Version : The Conjunction of Venus with Saturn

Greybeard
13-08-2011, 07:24 AM
This conjunction of the lord of Limitations with the lady of Money leads to a necessity for frugality or careful stewardship of personal finances. There is a fear of lack or of loss that goes beyond money to whatever is possessed or valued by the native. This person is deeply fearful of being unloved. The union of the two planets produces, in most cases, good judgment, self-discipline and prudence with regard to finances. In at least some cases there is a rather austere cast to the life, sometimes a voluntary rejection of normal material comforts. Material hardship and a lack of any true luxury or bounty are often borne gladly and can result in considerable spiritual beauty.

Insofar as personal relationships, the conjunction tends toward situations in which one of the partners (the native with the conjunction) feels compelled to make concessions to the other in order to get what they want. The native is expected to adjust to the demands of the partner in order to have a satisfactory relationship. Discontent results, either because the relationship is unfulfilling or there is a feeling of being used. On a more positive note, relationships are taken seriously and seen as long-term commitments. Loyalty, sincerity and a deep sense of duty are traits of this conjunction. The demonstration of affection may be inhibited because of an inherent fear of being used, rejected or betrayed. The sense of duty may overrule the inclinations of the heart. Duty is identified with happiness.

In both men’s and women’s charts one of the traditional interpretations is that of failure or sorrow in marriage with a subsequent residue of disillusionment, bitterness, fear and a great sensitivity to rejection which colors all succeeding romantic encounters with a certain aloofness and mistrust. While in a man’s chart the aspect affects the attitude toward women, in a woman’s chart it defines her attitude toward her own femininity and her worth as a woman. There may be deep feelings of inferiority and unattractiveness.

Ebertin says that this conjunction implies separation in love, and specifically separation from the mother. In any case, the native will be served best by distancing him or herself from the parental home and living among strangers, the sooner the better. The family is apt to disapprove of and interfere with the life choices of the native, causing reversals, misfortune and heartache.

The general tenor of the personality and outlook is apt to lean toward the conservative and socially conforming. Ideally this native will hold some position that allows for independent functioning. Dutiful and responsible, there is a preference for working in privacy and without direct oversight or public scrutiny. The native values security, stability and dependability in all areas of life and prefers well-organized or structured activity.

A mind colored by dejection, depression, discontent and pessimism is likely. The native feels the self to be unworthy, incapable, undeserving; in short, there is often low self-esteem. This person is suspicious of the motives of others and therefore cautious and reticent in fully opening the self.

The aspect suggests that some coldness and severity on the part of one or both of the parents, but most probably the father, has resulted in a tendency to withdraw into the self. This person is likely to live with a melancholy sense of being ultimately alone. There is a deep and almost compulsive need to be loved which dominates the being accompanied by a feeling of emptiness or being unfulfilled. A nagging discontent and a feeling that one will never be happy or find pleasure in life is common with this aspect. The capacity for expression and receipt of affection is cramped. There may be feelings that love and maintaining a relationship requires pain, suffering and sacrifice; there is a sense of martyrdom and secret self-pity. There is a notable capacity to sacrifice the self for the benefit of others. The suspicion (mentioned above) toward those who love you may irritate and annoy them to the point that they may act toward you in just the way you feared. Jealousy is a very powerful destructive force. This aspect often brings a suspicious and jealous nature which expects, despite reassurance, to be ultimately betrayed. There is a lack of trust, optimism, faith and hope.

In order to love and be loved by another, one must first love oneself. Building a relationship based on love and free choice rather than on a compulsive and dependent need is a path to spiritual beauty.

Greybeard
13-08-2011, 07:31 AM
If you have this conjunction in your own chart, or if it appears in the chart of your partner, a parent or child, ... see if you observe the qualities it portrays.

aquarius123
13-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I have tried several times to post a message, but the system doesn't seem to like it. Sorry, dear Friends. With love - Aquarius :hug3:

aquarius123
13-08-2011, 09:30 AM
I have tried one more, as you can see without success. As I cannot delete the message either, I'll just leave this note.

Yours disappointedly - Aquarius

:icon_frown:

Moggy
17-08-2011, 01:56 PM
My eldest daughter has Venus in Capricorn and has most of the traits mentioned for Venus conjunct Saturn. Her father was rarely around in her childhood, not paying her any mind until she reached her late teens. The damage was done by then. A Solar Eclipse on July 1st fell on her natal Venus, now being given impetus by transiting Mars opposing same simultaneously with transiting Uranus opposing her natal Moon in Libra. She struggles now for emotional independence and has put me in the line of fire, attempting to project her fears onto me...rather unpleasantly, I might add (Mars in Scorpio). I have been blessed with astrological knowledge so that I understand what is happening but am walking a fine line...and must take great care as I watch the future butterfly break through the chrysalis.

Spiritlite
17-08-2011, 06:25 PM
As always Gray I love reading your threads.
Thankyou
Spiritlite.

Spiritlite
17-08-2011, 06:33 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((Moggy))))))))))))))))))))

Spiritlite.

Greybeard
17-08-2011, 06:35 PM
What a picture the configurations paint.
The Uranus opposition to Moon is a once-in-a-lifetime transit...and can be very disruptive. Unruly seas requiring quick changes of tack.

Greybeard
18-08-2011, 01:37 AM
"My eldest daughter has Venus in Capricorn and has most of the traits mentioned for Venus conjunct Saturn. Her father was rarely around in her childhood, not paying her any mind until she reached her late teens." -- Moggy

I think it deserves mention that what Moggy has pointed out is very often the case. The characteristics of a conjunction between a planet and the ruler of a sign (Saturn is ruler of Capricorn) are very often similar to that same planet placed in the sign. So Venus in Capricorn exhibits qualities shared with Venus conjunct Saturn.

The planets are dynamic concentrations of energy, while the signs are symbolic of deeper and inherent qualities and not so active, so the correspondence is not always exact, but there will be much similarity.

SueCS
28-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Interesting post, makes you stop and think, thank you for sharing Gray.

Greybeard
03-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I wonder if anyone visiting this forum has Venus conjunct Saturn? I would expect that about one person in every twenty will have this aspect.

Avilucis
04-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Donald Trump http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/TJreZp3ydqBP.htm
Bret Michaels http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/5S4wdL8Eq5z3.htm

It was interesting to see them both on Celebrity Apprentice, I wonder whether, given the difference in their lives, if they somehow felt a connection.
Bret DID win the whole competition!

Kaldorei
06-09-2011, 01:26 AM
I have a Venus conjuct with Saturn. I find that these qualities hold true to me.

Greybeard
12-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Where this, or any, conjunction occupy a prominent position...such as at the Ascendant or standing on the Midheaven, the effects are more prominent.

Greybeard
13-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Let's look briefly at this conjunction in terms of building a successful relationship. Saturn represents limitation, structure, obligation. Venus symbolizes the energies involved in attracting, building and maintaining a cooperative and mutually beneficial personal relationship.

Therefore, if a relationship is to succeed for a person with this conjunction, it seems to me that it is necessary to define and delimit the responsibilities and obligations incumbent on each participant in the relationship. To do this requires sitting down and talking, finding areas of agreement and conflict, reaching workable compromises where conflicts exist. In order to accomplish this means talking to each other without fear, to be unafraid to discuss even the smallest details (because if little tiny problems are not addressed immediately -- while they are tiny -- but instead are hidden, swept under the rug as if they don't exist, those problems will grow under the surface and like a cancer will one day surface but will then be far to large to heal.

The practical problem in doing this is that most people are afraid to say what they really feel and think, and the honesty and frankness needed to make a really good relationship possible are just not available to most people.