PDA

View Full Version : What Is "LOVE"?

TzuJanLi
08-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Greetings..

Whew!! i see it, read it , hear it.. everywhere.. yet, i'm not sure what it means.. LOVE.... it's the answer to everything, it's what we are, it' the most powerful force in the universe, etc.... but, considering that everyone has differing concepts of everything, WHAT IS LOVE?

For me, LOVE is a result of "compassion".. compassion is the essence of LOVE, a natural, perhaps the only "natural", emotion.. Love, by my own experience, is compassion converted to action/deed.. interpersonal Love is focused compassion.. it is also a choice, as we experience the natural emotion of compassion, we choose whether to express that emotion through deeds or not, whether to accept or reject it..

LOVE, is a "word".. it refers to something but fails to describe it.. i hope to initiate dialogue that will bring us to a closer consensus of the description of the word so we will better understand the delicate and profound communications manifested in this forum..

Be Well....

dreamer
08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Love is the emotion we love the most, it is the only emotion that you can never tire of, it requires no effort, it is peace, the void, the one expressed in it's most stable yet free form, it has the gravity of everything and the elusive lightness of nothing, it is a superconducter, its is the place where everything has its place and is in harmony, where nothing is excluded and everything is loved and in so being assumes its divine face....it is effortlessly the truth without shadow, beyond any doubt and attained for any sustained amount of time only by those who trust it completely. Love is the highest end supreme where all doubt is gone and the all collapses in on itself in an esquisite ecstatic burst into nothingness - pure peace de-void of anything.

TzuJanLi
08-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Greetings..

Love is the emotion we love the most... it is peace, the void... it is a superconducter... its is the place where everything has its place... where nothing is excluded and everything is loved... Love is the highest end supreme... pure peace de-void of anything...
I realize that i have take some of this out of its context, but.. you can see the confusion.. it is many things, an emotion, a superconductor, peace, a place, and undescribable analogies like "highest end supreme"... i still don't have a concept that tells me how to identify LOVE.. i can see some of love's attributes, but still lack a definition...

We "love" something or someone, a verb.. we are in love, a noun.. it seems to be a handy catch-word that we use to describe our highest ideals, but lacks a true sense of substance, a firm understanding.. then, someone adds the qualifier, "unconditional".. that really buggers it up, by my experience the only "unconditional" expression of self is "sincerity"... most other expressions involve some form of conditional balance..

Not being arguementative, here.. just looking for the common ground of successful communication..

Be well..

dreamer
08-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Its not desribable, its a feeling.

Honza
08-01-2007, 05:41 PM
How about; BENEDICTION or BENEVOLENCE

Essentially Love is GOOD or GOODNESS itself.

It is something that is devoid of wrong and bad; so essentially it is good or right.

Philip
08-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Love is pure energy and as such is the motive force behind all things. For example, Jesus said "God is Love". This implies that the two, being one and the same, can be expressed equally in terms of creativity, omnipotence, immanence and power.

One of the first ways we begin to first experience "love" in this manifestation is through the love of Mother for Child and there are innumerable accounts of the power that is transmitted through that process effecting creative change and development. You may even be in a position to relate such an account yourself. Another way in which this "love" power is expressed is in the full and true love which may be felt between husband and wife.

However, the fullest expression of this power is in the creativity of of the source of all things from whence flows our own creativity and in this pure form can make the material manifest out of "nothing" -- "nothing", that is, other than Love.

Lapis
08-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Personally I feel that humanity hasn't and for the most part still isn't yet capable of comprehending much of "Love" in a higher sense. Our egos can easily grasp love from that level, but much above that.....hummm, it gets difficult if not impossible for us if not vibrating fast enough.

I, like many of you here, have experienced moments where I break free and soar into greater and higher states of consciousness where I'm capable (at that wee level) of feeling a bit more of Love than usual. To me everything is of Love and that sounds very flowery and nice but gets us nowwhere again. This is from Marciniak's P's -

"Light is information; love is creation."

I like that.....Love is creation. They also said that -

"There are really only two energies here; love and fear and fear is just lacking love."

So this brings us back to everything already is "Love" or The All That Is or Source etc., but our inability to perceive more of It from beyond our egos is a whole different story! I'm learning that as I transmute more and more of my lower energies/consciousness that I'm naturally able to house a bit more of this "Love" energy inside myself. Transmute the Lead and Gold takes it's place! :wink: Tiny bit by bit however otherwise it'd blow me away totally!

Some of the moments when I've been aware that I was vibrating faster and able to perceive/house a bit more of this energy - Love - it was usually an extrememly unemotional state. It was monotone....it was like I'd entered a "normal" state and to me that state felt calm, normal, incomprehensibly vast and powerful.....normal. It felt like Home. :wink:

Other ways that's easy for me to enter into this state is through some creative project that I loose myself in. I exit "time" and just AM in that blessed state of oneness with what I'm creating and to me, that is BEING which is another aspect or state of Love.

And then there's real honest pure and free laughter. Pure bliss that also allows you to exit "time" and just BE. In that state of joy or deep pure laughter I feel we also touch another aspect of Love.....an aspect that we can cope with without it destroying our bodies and minds! We must inch our ways into more and more of this Love stuff it seems. I think our evolution now is causing us to vibrate much faster and therefore be in more of this energy/state/awareness of Love.

Enlightener
09-01-2007, 07:50 AM
It's kind of hard to define an indefineable feeling, don't you think?

The second post on this thread, Dreamer's post, in which he was describing love felt very much like my experience of God. God is Love, God is the ecstacy we feel when we are at our highest thought. Fear is what God created (which is the opposite of love, though still a form of love, for everything is love) so we may experience ourselves as love, for in order to experience one thing there must be an opposite or "distant" tangible point at which we can define ourselves between the two.

Zing! dinner's ready.

Enlightener

TzuJanLi
09-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Greetings..

"God" IS.. that's all, it simply IS.. "Love" is an attribute we assign to it.. an arbitrary value based on desirability.. we tend to take the most desirable qualities and conditions and lump them into a convenient label, "Love".. but, we fail, miserably, to define "Love", to set a standard by which we can reasonably expect to have meaningful communications..

One of my standards for "Love" is a set of conditions that permits me to fully and freely express my true self.. where i can open my soul to others without fear.. when those conditions exist, then.. pure "love" flows, unconditionally.. where i can simply give what is "me" without expectation from others or myself.. "Love" is without expectation.. but, that only describes a situation where "Love" is evident, not "love" itself..

Be Well..

dreamer
09-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Ok so mif God is, then maybe love is the fullest most desireable expression of God.

cweiters
09-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I get so much out of your post TzuJanLi:

IMHO Love is the creator, the nucleus or source of absolute power, unshakable, unchangeable, unsearchable and unmeasureable power. This power can not be measured by research or scientist because the force field of Love is so vast in magnitude that no one race, religion or organization all put together could never…. come close to creating an instrument to measure Love. Those of us who want to feel the true power within ourselves we know, love is the mirror that will reflect our true spiritual nature.

IMHO Love was not created to be controlled, defined or measured only to feel and enjoy the splendor of its power, without it mankind is doomed. For this reason I will continue to send it out to the universe to all mankind, strangers from all parts of the globe. Creatures of the land, water and air I give all my love as best as I know how at this time. The force of Love has a radiance that is infinite rearching far beyond the galaxy we know.

Love to all
cw

dreamer
09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
I had this thought earlier:

God is everything.
Love is the full expression of everything in perfect balance.
Love is not neccessarily the individual parts that make up the everything.
Once you understand that that love is the sum of everything, that everything is in perfect balance and that to remove anything will cause imbalance, you can learn to love every constituent part for the balance it brings to the whole.
By loving the constituent parts you bring them into harmony and all becomes one (love).

cweiters
10-01-2007, 06:27 AM
Wow dreamer!
I Love........it!

Love is the unification force which connect us all together.All things are so in devine order imo. Just today my daughter came home with work from her Art class, the assignment was color and define LOVE.

I was quite amazed yet proud of her answer which was; different colors scribbled all out side of the lines of the word LOVE. She then said:

Love is all the colors, to name ALL the colors is the definition of LOVE.

The other students called her crazy after comparing her paper to their neatly colored LOVE of one color red, purple, or pink she said "I just smiled."

Love to all
cw

dreamer
10-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Nice one, seems to me that love is a form of stable craziness i.e. gives the stability to allow one to contravine normal laws of etiquette and conventions.

nvlonline
10-01-2007, 08:06 AM
just like hunger, anger and fear...Love is an emotion.

But the difference is all other emotions have a biological reason; perhaps survival or reproduction.

Love on the other hand is a Spiritual Need. It is a need to be and feel connected to other energy beings... the other energy beings do not have to be human beings or spouses...

any sense of joy and appreciation without a motive or need is Love... for example, you might feel joyous when you see a little baby smile.. that is Love... You do not know why such a serene scene gives you joy or pleasure, but it does give you..

We do not understand it just because it cannot be seen from the dimensions that we see the physicial needs... it needs to be felt in a different dimension of spirituality..

Check my explanation of what love is spiritually here (http://nvlonline.blogspot.com).

traveller
10-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Although, in some of his writings, the Apostle Paul could be one tight-cheeked little prig, he did manage to write something wonderful on occasion. The following is one of those things. (By the way, the following is from the Bible in Basic English instead of the King James Version because, in the KJV, the word "love" is translated as "charity", which has a different meaning today.)

If I make use of the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am like sounding brass, or a loud-tongued bell. And if I have a prophet's power, and have knowledge of all secret things; and if I have all faith, by which mountains may be moved from their place, but have not love, I am nothing. And if I give all my goods to the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it is of no profit to me.

Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind; love has no envy; love has no high opinion of itself, love has no pride; Love's ways are ever fair, it takes no thought for itself; it is not quickly made angry, it takes no account of evil; It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, but has joy in what is true; Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things, hoping all things.

Though the prophet's word may come to an end, tongues come to nothing, and knowledge have no more value, love has no end. For our knowledge is only in part, and the prophet's word gives only a part of what is true: But when that which is complete is come, then that which is in part will be no longer necessary.

When I was a child, I made use of a child's language, I had a child's feelings and a child's thoughts: now that I am a man, I have put away the things of a child. For now we see things in a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now my knowledge is in part; then it will be complete, even as God's knowledge of me.

But now we still have faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

- I Corinthians. Chapter 13. (BBE)

I can

purplemint
10-01-2007, 06:40 PM
IMO Love is acceptance! This begins with ones self. :hug3:

flashstorm
10-01-2007, 09:27 PM
For most people their experience of Love comes from parents, partners, children and friends. These relationships are quite important for the experience of Love as it relates to the emotions and the astral body. When it comes to experiencing love from a spiritual, cosmic and divine perspective Love embraces all things and all beings. What this means is that Love sustains even something that is directly the antithesis of human existence. That is it is beyond the familiar emotional terms that human beings use to define love. Love embraces all the suffering, darkness and terrible tragedies that are in the world, however much pain they cause humanity. There is a bliss and an ecstacy in Love that celebrates the beginning and end of human existence as one shining moment in eternity. What this means is that our spirits are far more than the human evolution on this planet. Yet the divine Love that is in our spirits seeks expression in this age of the world and in the limitations which we incarnated into. What this translates into is an overwhelming compassion for the whole human race.

TzuJanLi
11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Greetings..

Flashstorm: Your description resonates well and has insightful depth, but.. i am hoping to bring the experience we call "Love" into our current situation, our physical manifestation.. Love is a broadly used term which, as evidenced here, has many broad interpretations.. most of which describe attributes of Love, but fail to define it..

Another description of "Love" which resonates with me is its Verb form.. Love is something we Do.. it's easily recognizable as broad descriptions such "love is ALL things".. or, Love embraces the human experience.. but, what do we DO with this knowledge..

What this translates into is an overwhelming compassion for the whole human race.

While we watch the horrific events that bring suffering to our brothers and sisters we feel the emotion of Compassion well-up inside of us.. and that is a beautiful awareness of our inherent connection to all things, but.. the suffering, the injustice, the subtle discriminations, the little hurts, they are still there.. we haven't converted the compassion to action..

Compassion is the emotion, Love is the action born of that emotion.. we are faced with choices regarding the awareness of "Love" as the many concepts expressed here.. awareness of these concepts is wisdom, expressing that awareness is Enlightenment.. we can be wholly aware of the many concepts expressed here and yet our deeds can be contrary to the concepts.. Love is expressing these concepts by the lives we live.. giving without expectation, doing the things that create harmony, not because it's the right thing to do.. but, because that is who we are..

I whole-heartedly embrace many of the notions and descriptions of Love expressed in this thread.. more than that, though, i rejoice at "love" expressed, as the living examples of those notions.. it's kind of like admiring the beauty, the design , the capabilities of a fine sports car.. those concepts achieve meaning only when the car is driven to its potential, when it is expressed.. Having the knowledge is wisdom, creating harmony with it is enlightenment..

Be well..

lemmex
11-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Of everything that struck me important is the comment

Greetings..

While we watch the horrific events that bring suffering to our brothers and sisters we feel the emotion of Compassion well-up inside of us.. and that is a beautiful awareness of our inherent connection to all things, but.. the suffering, the injustice, the subtle discriminations, the little hurts, they are still there.. we haven't converted the compassion to action..

How do you express this Love or act on it. My response to TzuJan comment which struck me deeply is to the awareness people tend to withdraw. As a down to earth person I want to see it expressed with my eyes that I may see it defined. Love is "everything" said so far. But if Love is not acted on then what is its value. I think for most people, love is seen as a sacrafice, that we have to give something up to obtain or understand it. That it is as unobtainable as unexplainable to some. What I do think, is love is dormait and if we are to see it requires an awakening. The difficultity I have here, is comes from no definable source.

As part of that working understanding, I say love is an expression......

Glorymist
11-01-2007, 09:10 PM
There is one very easy yet perplexing way to view anything that is difficult to understand - - whether it is the question of what is "love" or anything else.

If it were what everyone thought it would / should / could be - - then this world would have *far* less people / entities in it. For their love would have taken them out of the realm of reincarnation - - at least to the level of the physical plane.

And this world would be in a far different position than it is because all the people / entities / beings that are filled with actual "love" would be able to maneuver / guide this world into something that it is not - - at the moment. If they wished to do so.

Yet there are many who claim to be filled with "love" - - and offer it to the world - - yet this world stays basically the same.

So - - take what everyone considers love to be - - and look elsewhere. The multiplicity of the opinions helps cut down on the options.

This is offered simply as a consideration. Nothing more.

:wink: :smile:

Glory

dreamer
11-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I just had a good thought:

Love is felt in your heart but it is not felt unless the heart is open. For the heart to open it must trust the mind. The mind is Gods mind, we all share it, it is genius but the heart must trust the mind for the mind to express its genius. If trusted the mind develops intuition, where good thoughts that will bring liberation are sorted from bad thoughts that limit the minds freedom. As the mind grows in confidence and belief and intuition grows the mind stops taking out its frustration on the throat and solar plexus chakras and so creativity and expression grows, this feeds the heart with energy (love) and allows it to trust the mind more, this gives the mind even more freedom to provide creative and expressionful ideas to be manifested and enjoyed leading to a gradual opening of the sexual chakra and sexual expression, this feeds the heart more which feeds the mind more and alowing the whole one to become totally creative in its being. The root chakra opens allowing total freedom to be materialistic and totally enjoy the brilliance of the mind in providing amazing ideas/manifestations through which to continue the journey in total freedom and bliss. This in turn feeds the heart till it is full at which point the cycle is complete and nirvana is obtained. At this point the mind becomes the heart and the heart the mind, and One truly speaks from the heart and does everything from the heart.

It all starts from the heart trusting the mind - the mind that is portrayed as the devil/female divine/void/uncarved block/black matter etc the feminine energy.

BLAIR2BE
12-01-2007, 12:12 AM
I swear i posted something here.... did it get removed....did i post is elsewhere by mistake....or.....something.....else........oooooo OOOOOOOooooo

BLAIR2BE
12-01-2007, 12:13 AM
some say love is a state of mind.

Glorymist
12-01-2007, 07:42 PM
TzuJan - - you have some great things to say about it all - - and on certain levels of awareness - - I readily agree. On the one hand - - there is a tendency to feel compassionate towards many / any / all - - but sometimes - - just somethings - - to take this into action can bring us a certain degree of imbalance. If we view someone that is struggling - - and if we just determine that we should "act" - - then we are *perhaps* interfering with their own lesson. Perhaps not every time - - but it is a consideration.

We can often ask ourselves before we "act" - - would we take on the other person's karma if we choose to step into a situation that *might* best be left to the individual(s) involved ??

There is a way to sidestep such issues somewhat. If one perceives as Soul - - and then perceives Soul to Soul - - we can readily appreciate and accept the struggles and the dilemma that we often see in others - - but realize that this is the Path of that particular Soul - - and let that individual's behavior be their own. There is an element of "cheating" someone out of their own lessons by doing for them what they need to learn to do themselves. Not a popular one in today's world.

There is also - - service. Straight and pure. Which - - still involves our asking ourselves - - do we wish to take on an element of their karmic debt - - to whatever degree that is.

A lot of people look to love as being a "feel good" type of thing. A sentimentality towards - - whatever - - or whomever. *Nothing* wrong with that ! ! Nothing wrong at all ! ! And - - what would come first - - compassion or to "feel good" - - might be worth an entire thread of its own.

There is a reason for the old standard saying - - God is Love. If and when anyone figures that one out - - they can and will take major steps in understanding *much* about LIFE IT-self.

For many - - there is the accepted principle that if we choose to "help" - - then there *is* no karma involved. But LIFE is huge - - and there are many facets that must be brought together and understood if one is to demonstrate Love in one's personal life.

Of course - - all of this is just for consideration only.

:cool:

Glory

TzuJanLi
15-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Greetings..

We can often ask ourselves before we "act" - - would we take on the other person's karma if we choose to step into a situation that *might* best be left to the individual(s) involved ??
Similarly, it is an "action" of choice to not act.. transferring compassion to action can easily be the choice "not" to act.. making no conscious choice, though, is apathetic.. without feeling, "Love" unrealized.. I don't quite understand the usual notion of Karma, i sense it is no more than a different culture's interpretation of "consequences" with some alluring myth and embellishment.. and, in no way interferes with Free-will..

Be well..

TzuJanLi
16-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Greetings..

I recieved an email with a response to this thread that i can't find in the thread.. what's up with that?

Please tell me that the censors are not deciding what is appropriate for the rest of us.. we may not agree with some perspectives, but that is what drives these forums.. if we all agreed we wouldn't be hanging around agreeing with each other, that's boring.. no, we each have our own perspectives, and it is in the exchanges of differences that we learn.. we either learn that our perspective stands up to scrutiny, or.. we find evidence that compells us to revise our perspectives.. and, i really prefer to be the one to determine the worth of someone else's perspective.. of course if the poster is abusive or crude there is merit in censorship, otherwise.. the tapestry of life is woven of many threads..

Be well..

soulauraz
17-01-2007, 03:38 AM
hello beautiful entities,

What is "LOVE"?... simple, it is not only a feeling but also an action.

LOVE IS QUIET, LOVE HAS NO AGENDA, LOVE DOES NOT PUFF ITSELF UP

LOVE HAS THE WISDOM TO USE THE OTHER THREE PERFECTLY.

This is the love we feel even though we as a human, feel and do it physically. for lack of better wording, We feel Unconditional Love on a physical level.

Unconditional Light and Love my beautiful entity family
Soulauraz

tiltjlp
17-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Greetings..

I recieved an email with a response to this thread that i can't find in the thread.. what's up with that?

Obviously that post was removed because it was deemed inappropriate for some reason. Keep in mind that our staff has the duty to assure that posts that are found to be offensive and/or insulting are not allowed to remain on the open forum. Such posts are reviewed and discussed by staff, and the entire staff makes a decision. No one person is making arbitrary decisions.

John

TzuJanLi
17-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Greetings..

Hi John (tiljlp),

In an effort to understand the inner workings of this forum, could you please describe the nature of what was considered "inappropriate"..

Thanks,
Bob

ljepotica
17-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Imho: Love is something that you can feel and be inside freely when your mind is relaxed and open...when you are at one with yourself (by this I don't mean you have to climb 8000 steps everytime) when sometimes you are aware of yourself and the world around you-when for no apparent reason you just suddenly "love" that is when love is explained and at its greatest...when you completely relaxed-such as in meditation that is when you're in love and feeling love...

Imo: love that just naturally comes to you without you making any efforts or thinking about it is real love...it should not be measured or quantified for then it becomes "corrupted" and becomes logical and reasonable and sorry if I offend anybody but to me if you always seek logic and reasoning in your life then it will be very difficult for you to find love for love is the polar opposite of logic and reasoning...

That which makes you feel so alive, as if you can live forever and that which makes you see how beautiful life, the world, the universe and all of creation is is what I consider love...

Love is just something like "I am because I am" with no need to explain...

Just one question and sorry to go off topic here but I was just wondering...

Why are many people in fear of love? Why fear something so pure and natural, if I met any of you and looked deeply into your eyes and said "I love you" how would that make you feel?
This is a great thread but I often wonder why many people have labelled love as a threat-especially in the west...is it internal fear?

Take care all you people:)

Lots of love,

S xxxx

daisy
17-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Greetings..

Hi John (tiljlp),

In an effort to understand the inner workings of this forum, could you please describe the nature of what was considered "inappropriate"..

Thanks,
Bob
hello there and welcome to the forum:smile: perhaps you could familiarise yourself with our 'forum rules' section when you have a few spare minutes that should explain things, enjoy the site.

tiltjlp
17-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Greetings..

Hi John (tiljlp),

Thanks,
Bob

Sorry, we don't discuss staff decisions with members other than those involved, and never on the open forum. As Daisy suggested, read the rules so you know what's permitted and what isn't. Further discussion of this will result in this thread being closed, at least for a 48 hour Time Out.

And I think a good example of love in action is what our six moderators and Daisy, our super moderator are doing, in volunteering to help keep our forum a friendly and safe enviornment for all our members. That means young, mature, new, experienced, spiritually adept as well as newcomers.

John

lemmex
29-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Just one question and sorry to go off topic here but I was just wondering...

Why are many people in fear of love? Why fear something so pure and natural, if I met any of you and looked deeply into your eyes and said "I love you" how would that make you feel?
This is a great thread but I often wonder why many people have labelled love as a threat-especially in the west...is it internal fear?

S xxxx

The question of why! The single most important question in reality.

It

Glorymist
30-01-2007, 02:07 AM
lemmex - - I'm not sure you will accept what I am about to say - - and I don't really put this out as the end-all answer to it all.

They way I understand it - - the quality of "love" - - even human love - - is a very soft, subtle feeling. I am not talking about hard-core infatuation or dominating lust. I am talking about love.

Divine Love is even softer than that. Very fine. Very subtle. Almost slight nudges. Even during the best of times when we are most receptive and aware.

Yet these lower worlds are laden with the heavier emotions of anger / greed / intense passion / fear / tension / stress / etc. etc. etc. On it goes. All of the heavy emotions just override - - love - - unless a human condition of love just commands our attention or we nurture what we have thru long-lasting relationships.

So - - in these worlds - - not "consumed" so much as overpowered. Look at movies / books / music. Fear - - sells. Anger - - sells. Tension - - sells. Hard core thrills in an amusement park - - sells. That which thrills the senses - - sells.

Love - - is too subtle to be felt under such circumstances.

It is unnatural to most because other things are promoted - - and command our time and attention. This is somewhat by design. Divine Love - - wouldn't "sell."

For many - - one can learn to live more of "love" by learning to live with Self more peacefully. Setting much of the hassles of society aside and living a more spiritual life. Holding to one's core at all times - - or as often as possible. Love is not just a belief - - nor just a feeling. It is more a demonstration. To yourself. To LIFE.

Again - - this isn't THE answer - - by any means. Just offering a few tidbits here.

:D

Glory

Enlightener
30-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Love lies dormant within the soul,
Waiting and hoping for the chance to come into being,
If the soul decides to ignite this 'indescribable feeling',
It will at once feel whole.

There are many words, and many descriptions,
Though most of them cannot come close to describing,
That wonderful feeling, that most blessed experience,
The one and only thing in the whole of the universe,

It is me and it is you, it is all the thought and feeling too,
Do you think that this wonderful emotion,
Can ever be absent from one's experience?

Enlightener

Enlightener
30-01-2007, 08:55 AM
I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, then there is no hurt, but only more love.

Mother Teresa

~Jay~
30-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Lovely, Enlightener :smile:

TzuJanLi
30-01-2007, 02:29 PM
There is love..
and, there is its rejection..

Be well..

lemmex
31-01-2007, 08:44 PM
lemmex - - I'm not sure you will accept what I am about to say - - and I don't really put this out as the end-all answer to it all.

:D

Glory

smiles at glory.... :smile: I've thought about what you said, and yes, I may be destined to forever remain unenlightened, but the journey is exciting none the less. People say I am too inquisitive but then this is necessary to change. If what I say is out of the context and out of spirit with the original idea, say so and I

TzuJanLi
01-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Greetings..

Realizing, knowing, understanding.. is only conceptual.. Love, is an inert concept until we bring it into Living.. until we Do something with it..

It is wisdom to still the waters, to let the sediment fall to the bottom and for clarity to emerge.. but, stillness breeds stagnation and clarity, unused, soon stagnates into a toxic mess.. Life/Love is brought into being by doing, flowing water doesn't stagnate.. Enlightenment, is to know what to do with the concepts, be it clarity or Love.. i may "know" how to save the drowing person, but.. until i "do" it, they are still drowning..

Bring these delicious concepts described in this thread into your Living.. express them in your deeds.. Love and Live as though there is no tomorrow.. it will make that tomorrow a truly blissful gift..

Be well..

Glorymist
04-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Sorry - - lemmex. I am finally working my way back to this thread.

Soul Itself is a curious little beast in and of Itself - - so try not to feel badly about being inquisitive - - tho many find it threatening. One seems to learn what to reveal / display to others and what not to - - many times for their own peace of mind - - or heart.

You can ask anything you wish.

As far as understanding love is concerned - - once again - - the Path is an individual one. If core facets on the Path were designed to be accepted as a blanket definition - - it would have been done long ago. The fact that *we* cannot understand love has *nothing* to do with *your* understanding of it. Back away from love for a moment - - take a broad overview of it - - come up with a quick working recognition of it - - and then move back into life - - and let it all work for you. If and when you need to revise - - do so. On it goes.

Divine Love most assuredly would be "pure." And IT would be a powerful source too. Without a doubt. It is the foundation and basis for all of existence. All levels. Everywhere - - save for the actual Core / Center / God IT-self - - from which this "essence" - - this Divine Spirit emanates.

I agree 100% in that we are brought up to believe that we are "bad" or "wrong" or whatever. Therein lies the control of one over the other. One religion over the other. Religion over mankind. One philosophy over the other. One belief - - period - - over the other.

And again - - you are right - - when you say - - we will each pretty basically be what we are at the moment when we leave this physical plane and go anywhere else - - to Heaven or otherwise. But - - the opposite concept - - sells.

Try to let people be who they are. People hold to these concepts to get themselves thru it all. To jerk the rug out from under them can lead to serious inner conflicts. If one is searching - - then - - yes - - discuss and suggest away. But be careful about messing around with someone's cornerstone. That can lead to some karmic implications that you may not like. (And this is just a suggestion. Take it as you wish.)

Lastly - - again - - you are correct. Since the Path is an individual one - - as stated above - - we must first relate it all to ourselves - - for it is our relationship with God and with LIFE that spells it all. We carry all of this into our external interactions - - which often lead us to make revisions within ourselves when we realize how other people react to us. I am not suggesting that someone become a "people pleaser" here. It is more a process of learning to keep one's mouth shut. Something that I struggle with from time to time. (HeH)

And as we learn of ourselves - - we learn of the Divine - - for Soul is a Divine Entity. The "window" you speak of can often be the Third Eye - - symbolically speaking - - as this is where Soul most often begins to move out and away from the physical to more deeply discover - - Self.

Mind is a brilliant tool. But left to run on its own - - it is a terrible master. The more powerful the tool - - the more destructive it is when left to its own devices - - or handled incorrectly.

To figure out how to handle mind correctly - - and then move out and beyond mind - - is pretty much the Path.

You are working things out - - well.

:hug3:

Glory

daisy
04-02-2007, 10:37 PM
what is love? hmm how can you define it? it comes in so many different forms you don't love your partner the same way you love your children and you don't love your children the same way you love your sister etc etc etc it's always different you love your children in different ways too impossible to answer imo, you can love a stranger and animals too

jeace
12-02-2007, 06:10 AM
LOVE is the pain when I feel your pain.
LOVE is the sadness when I feel your sadness.
LOVE is the happiness when I feel your happiness.
LOVE is the joy when I can help you.
LOVE is thanking you.
LOVE is THAT FEELING invading my being.

LOVE is closing my eyes and FEELING the powerful, imploding WARMTH begging me to allow IT to manifest itself.
...YOU ARE LOVE!